The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I dont care about the Streak (There I said it)!

+7
Makaveli
Crimey
x12x
Dolphin Ziggler
Liam
Mr H
kingraf
11 posters

Go down

I dont care about the Streak (There I said it)! Empty I dont care about the Streak (There I said it)!

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

I'm sorry, but I had to say it. I really dont give a damn of the Undertaker goes 21-0. I havent really cared since 18-0. And before that I never cared. I appreciate the effort it takes to be 21-0, as that means you have been in the business for a long time, but the streak match really doesnt excite. I'm not even sure how the two matches vs HHH went to be honest. Only reason I will watch this one is because I want to see if someone who follows my lifestyle choice (clean living) wins the biggest thing in wrestling.

I really have nothing against Undertaker, I loved his Big Evil gimmick. I'm just tired of an old relic being wheeled out to fight in bloodbaths.

Must say, I loved his match with Shawn Michaels, though.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

I dont care about the Streak (There I said it)! Empty Re: I dont care about the Streak (There I said it)!

Post by Mr H Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:23 pm

You're not alone. I've wanted the streak to end for the last 4 years. Desperately wanted HBK to do it at 26 and desperately wanted HHH to do it last year. Not a chance that Punk will end it this year though but the best news about the match is -

Living Colour are perfoming Cult of Personality live for Punk's entrance.

Awesome.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

I dont care about the Streak (There I said it)! Empty Re: I dont care about the Streak (There I said it)!

Post by Liam Fri 05 Apr 2013, 2:32 pm

I agree with both you and mr. H. I wanted Orton to take it because I thought the legend killer gimmick was superb and to get the biggest on of them all would have been the jump to superstardom Orton seemed destined for. Never happened though.

I never wanted Triple H to get it, not after HBK's efforts in which he should have finally taken the streak and then retired with accomplishing everything in the business. Would love Punk to take it but its been so rushed this year that it wouldn't be the right way to go this year. Next year maybe where they could build the feud much better than this year then Punk can take the streak but I agree, it doesn't excite me that much anymore.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Apr 2013, 3:40 pm

I love it, love Taker and think the standard of match he's put on in recent years have been fantastic. I also think they'd be foolish as hell to have Taker retire and not go up against Cena at Mania. It would sell huge and the IWC would be pulling their pubes out in rage every time Cena got a near fall.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:03 pm

Now why would the International Watch Company want Cena to lose :-P
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:30 pm

I want it to end so that it free's up a match on the mania card...I'm sick to death of part timers and joke acts getting on the so called biggest show of the year.

This year proves that wrong, we have a part timer as champion, a part timer vs the guy who's carried the company with the part timer obviously going to win and then a part timer vs a part timer with the one part timer's career on the line...on top of that the IC Championship match was pushed off the card by some fat guys dancing and the US Championship match doesn't even get a look in.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:37 pm

Really?

So instead of:

Rock vs. Cena
Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
Undertaker vs. CM Punk

You'd rather see something like:

Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena
CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio
Randy Orton vs. Big Show

I'd take the first any day of the week. It at least makes Wrestlemania into a big event.

It obviously asks questions of why WWE haven't created stars to rival those of the past, but I think those questions can be answered afterwards, for now I want the best show, with the biggest stars.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:46 pm

I'd rather see WWE take the time to push some of the guys who are there every step of the way instead of just giving main event matches to guys who won't be there...Rock being WWE champion but not being at RAW has been so stupid, it's only down to a fable heel turn that I have any interest. The HHH/Lesnar match could be good but the stipulations were stupid and added nothing too it, if Brock comes back full time I'd love it but if he just wants to do PPV's then there's no point.

What I'd have preferred this Mania.

WWE Title:
CM Punk v Cena: We saw how good this match was on RAW and would reward CM Punk with his main event even if he lost.

World Heavy Weight Title:
Alberto Del Rio v Swagger (Ziggler cash in)

US/IC Unification Match:
Cesaro v Barret v Miz v Jericho: Make a mid card title that has some prestige

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:51 pm

Really?

I think Mania does a reasonable job of promoting wrestling to a wider audience than its current one and makes talents who have yet to reach heights of the main eventers part of a massive event. They have to go out there and force their way into the top picture, like Punk has.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Apr 2013, 4:59 pm

People tune in for Triple H, Rock and Lesnar and will be introduced to the likes of Ziggler, Del Rio and Swagger. It's pretty simple really.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Fri 05 Apr 2013, 5:24 pm

Im with viper on this one, im sick to death of the part timers, agreed people tune in to see them, but if wwe worked on building current talent then they wouldnt need to rely on part timeres.

Lesnar isnt even 10% as good as he was 10 years ago, he doesnt look menacing at all i really dont get the hype around him. The rock... since his come his promos have been awful. Undertaker, for a deadman he doesnt look scary, and its nothing to do with me being older he just hasnt got that scary aura about him anymore. The only guy i cant fault is HHH his still got it, but then his been more involved with the wwe than any of the pervious 4 guys ive mentioned.

Also crimey its not a guranteed forumulam people tuning in to see hhh rock and lesnar will be introduced to the following, as alot of my mates wont watch the whole of raw to see these guys theyl just find the clips involving them guys on youtube, or just watch the matches involvinf them guys at mania and skip the rest.

I must admit i got excited when lesnar returned last year after mania, as i was shocked, but since then what his done has failed to get me to by into him. same with the rock when he returned to say his hosting mania words cant express how happy i felt but since then, his become dry. The streak ive never cared about and still dont. The story line is good, and also i think due to takers loyalty with the company he deserves to go out and remain in the years to come as the only man who didnt lose at mania. But apart from that i really CBA with it.

Im much more looking forward to swagger vs de rio and jericho vs fandango

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Apr 2013, 6:55 pm

Crimey wrote:
It obviously asks questions of why WWE haven't created stars to rival those of the past, but I think those questions can be answered afterwards, for now I want the best show, with the biggest stars.

If WWE focused on building stars instead of taking 50 steps back then they might have...for example, the WWE title had began to feel legitimate again, CM Punk held it for 400+ days only to lose it to a people's elbow from someone who had hardly wrestled for the past year. I understand that these names draw fans in but I'm not looking at this like a business I'm looking at this like a wrestling fan.

You say you want the best show but can you truly say this Wretlemania is good enough? Sure some of the matches will be good but the main problem is the mid card is a shambles so we've ended up with a match that is more suited on Superstars (the inter gender tag match) and other matches that have people thrown in just because creative didn't know what the hell to do with them.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 05 Apr 2013, 7:50 pm

youre forgetting its wrestlemania, not fatal4way.

mania is meant for matches involving triple h, undertaker, lesnar.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by cloudsm Fri 05 Apr 2013, 7:52 pm

I personally would rather have seen punk vs cena and rock vs undertaker. I know we slag cena off but his matches with Punk have been awesome

cloudsm

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:10 pm

Crimey wrote:Really?

So instead of:

Rock vs. Cena
Brock Lesnar vs. Triple H
Undertaker vs. CM Punk

You'd rather see something like:

Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena
CM Punk vs. Alberto Del Rio
Randy Orton vs. Big Show

I'd take the first any day of the week. It at least makes Wrestlemania into a big event.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at it and of course if you just look at it from that view point then you're always going to be right but let's go back to WrestleMania 14, what if Vince McMahon used guys from a previous era instead of using his valuable TV time to promote guys he wanted to build the future around?

What if we got:

Shawn Michael vs The Ultimate Warrior
Ken Shamrock vs Macho Man
Owen Hart vs Ric Flair

At the time all three of those guys where bigger names within the Wrestling industry than Austin, Rock and HHH however throughout 1997 Vince used the valable air time he had available to him by building all three of these guys at certain times, some of it was in your face and some of it was subtle, the foundations was laid though, in Austins case the foundation was laid earlier than the other two but the point remains

When people say they don't want to see part timers get all the main spots I think its quite an easy and sometimes lazy retort to just say "instead of who?" Then list the job squad as alternatives, I believe when people say they don't want the old gaurd taking all the main spots they generally mean they'd prefer to see WWE invest their time energy and TV time, which they have a helluva lot more of than they did in 97/98 on guys who can be star turns for WWE for the next 5/10 years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:21 pm

Kay Fabe put it better than I could but yeah...that.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Apr 2013, 8:36 pm

Makaveli wrote:

Lesnar isnt even 10% as good as he was 10 years ago, he doesnt look menacing at all i really dont get the hype around him.

That's because you are looking at him with your wrestling goggles on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

Kay Fabe, I'm not saying that WWE are right to be so reliant on these part timers, or even that Wrestlemania should have to have those guys.

The Wrestlemania card does need the part timers because WWE have failed to build anyone else up, but I don't understand the complaints now, as if it's come as a huge shock to anybody.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Apr 2013, 9:21 pm

Crimey wrote:Kay Fabe, I'm not saying that WWE are right to be so reliant on these part timers, or even that Wrestlemania should have to have those guys.

The Wrestlemania card does need the part timers because WWE have failed to build anyone else up, but I don't understand the complaints now, as if it's come as a huge shock to anybody.

Just because something isn't shocking doesn't mean you shouldn't complain and as I said it's focussing on the part timers and giving them preference that I feel is ruining the mid card/upper mid card.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 05 Apr 2013, 9:32 pm

So
Kaitlyn vs AJ (5-10 min)
Big E & Ziggy vs Hell No
Cesaro vs Miz
Henry vs Ryback
Celtic Viper (Orton and Sheamus) & Show vs Shield.
Del Rio vs Swagger
Cena vs Punk?

The Shield have carried the company since October. They need their match upper middle-card. Cena vs Punk, marketed correctly, is a big time main event!

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:04 pm

If I could do the Mania card (without the part timers) my way it would probably look something like this, not every match but matches I'd like to see there..

CM Punk (C) v John Cena WWE Title
Alberto Del Rio (C) v Swagger (Ziggler Cash In) WHC Title
Cesaro (C) v Barrett (C) v The Miz v Chris Jericho IC/US Title
Roman Reigns v Ryback
Team Hell No (C) v The Shield (Seth Rollins/Dean Ambrose) Tag Titles
Kaitlyn (C) v AJ Diva Title

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 05 Apr 2013, 10:13 pm

oh and on top of those matches I'd probably have

Celtic Viper's vs Big Zig

probably set this up by having Ziggler face Orton after Elimination Chamber and have Big E attack Orton as he usually does to people with Sheamus coming out to save Orton.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 06 Apr 2013, 8:46 am

Crimey wrote:Kay Fabe, I'm not saying that WWE are right to be so reliant on these part timers, or even that Wrestlemania should have to have those guys.

Again though I don't think anyone disagrees that the WWE need these part timers, I also don't think when people complain about them they need to be told this, I (maybe wrongly) assume people understand they need these guys, they're just underwhelmed with how the WWE have went about using them, the fact that Vince can pencil these guys in for WrestleMania because they work so very little throughout the rest of the year means their need to create new top line stars is put on the back burner, that's the crux of the matter

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sat 06 Apr 2013, 9:00 am

It could have so easily been so different.

Punk beats Rock at Royal Rumble, Cena wins Rumble (as he did). Rematch at Elimination Chamber and Lesnar assists Punk. Two main events immediately set up. (Punk/Cena, Rock/Brock).

WWE Championship gets pride of place at the top of the card, and you can do some cool joint-build up spots with Cena and Rock working together against Punk and Lesnar, leading to Cena's redemption with Rock shaking his hand and wishing him luck before going on to fight CM Punk and Cena going on to win. Kids would love it.

With no Brock Lesnar to fight, HHH could have been brought into the mix with the Shield. Have the Shield's build up continue as it did, then after EC have McMahon confront Heyman about Lesnar helping Punk, before the Shield come down and attack. Orton/Shemus make the save but McMahon is hurt. Next week Shield attack Orton and Sheamus but HHH comes out to make the save, setting up a Six Man Tag.

WWE could have built up Ryback or Daniel Bryan as a genuine streak contender, and even though they would be unlikely to take it, Ryback having his WM debut against Taker or Bryan going 20 minutes with Taker have not managed 20 seconds with Sheamus last year would have been a big boost. WHC is fine as is.

So a middle/upper card of something like:

WWE Championship
CM Punk (C) Vs Cena

Brock Lesnar Vs The Rock

HHH, Orton, Sheamus Vs The Shield

Undertaker Vs Daniel Bryan

Big Show Vs Ryback

WHC
Alberto Del Rio (C) Vs Swagger

You've got big names in there mixing with some of the top stars of today and giving them the boost they need, you've got the ultra marketable match in Rock/Brock and you reward the two top guys in the company with the Wrestlemania main event for the WWE Title.

I would have much preferred something like this - which wouldn't have required 6 more months of build up and could have all been put in place at the Rumble - than what we have now. It's a closed shop at the top and most people will just be interested in the last 3 matches, which will almost inevitably go on last.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 06 Apr 2013, 9:05 am

I agree that the storylines have been booked poorly, but I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with the lack of top stars, but just a growing laziness from the WWE who believe people will buy Wrestlemania good storylines or not.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:03 am

Also, I should say I've got absolutely no problem with part timers coming back, particularly The Rock, he looks great, he's still relatively young, he's a massive name not only in the Wrestling world but also now in the real world, he's not at the same level timing wise he was 12-14 years ago but that's because he doesn't work 200+ days in the ring anymore but he's still good enough to hold a top spot, also, I've got no real problem with him and Cena having their spot as its a culmination of a 2 year storyline, even if I wouldn't have used them together again so soon, I definitely don't mind the fact they are used together

My card would have looked something like this

WWE Title Match
CM Punk (c) vs John Cena

Storyline: Cena would be unable to get the better of Punk and would be told that if he failed again (which he would do) that he'd be unable to get another title shot, as the months pass Cena would be on a downer until he enters The Royal Rumble, he wins it to finally get a #1 contendership for the WWE Title again

Result: Cena would win the Title to finally end CM Punk's 500+ day reign as the best in the World, I'd have a clean match, both of these guys have amazing chemistry and while I'd allow for both to bend the rules I'd not have any run ins or distractions, two guys at the top of their game giving it all they've got, the better man on the night gets the win.

WHC Match
Randy Orton (c) vs Ryback

Storyline: Orton would have won the World Title from The Big Show at The Royal Rumble, after Show looked so dervastating Orton would have beaten him in a Last Man Standing match-up, to set this match up after Show looked so devastating in winning the WHC I'd have had Orton beat him via count out in a Main Event of SmackDown weeks before the Rumble.

Ryback would have been eliminated second last in the Rumble and it would have inspired him to win the SmackDown Elimination Chamber to get that #1 contendership

Result: I'd have Orton retain by turning heel at the end of the match, I'd have Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase assist him and reform Legacy, I always felt Legacy as a concept had so much potential, it could have infiltrated every aspect of the show, referees, management, ring talent, I'd do it right this time and with them being the biggest show in town on SmackDown I think they'd have time to develop properly and it'd allow SmackDown an opportunity to make the faces who go against them super over

Streak Match
The Undertaker vs The Rock

Storyline: Brock Lesnar would be introduced as being in CM Punk's corner for the WWE Title match with The Rock, The Rock tells us he's going to go old school with someone he can trust, he's inviting The Undertaker to be in his corner, during the match both Taker and Brock almost come to blows bringing out Triple H, while he has history with both he ends up having a stand off with The Undertaker, while that happens Brock lands an F5 on Rock and Punk gets the win, Rock when he comes too blames Undertaker for Brock getting involved. Undertaker blames Brock, both Brock and Rock express a desire to face Undertaker at WrestleMania

Rock would beat Brock at Elimination Chamber for the right to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania

Result: Undertaker can win this one as normal, Rock can be the legitimate big name to do the job and keep the streak ticking over

Brock Lesnar vs Triple H

Storyline: well he broke his arm twice appartently in the storyline and beat HHH in the Main Event at SummerSlam, I'd have them come face to face again foir the first time at The Rumble, then at Elimination Chamber when Brock vs Rock CM Punk would be in Brocks corner and HHH would be in Rocks, HHH would help Rock beat Brock which would bring HHH and Brock together again for WrestleMania

I'd have Lesnar 'name the stipulation' as has been planned but I'd have the stipulation being that if he beats Triple H then he gets his shares in the WWE (that would be under the care of Paul Heyman)

Result: Lesnar would beat HHH, it'd be a no brainer for me if it meant we had Heyman in an on screen power role, it'd also allow Brock to stay relevent whilst away from TV

The Shield vs Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio & The Miz

Storyline: would be much the same as it was with the Big Show making the recent face turn to team up against The Shield except I'd do it with Del Rio

Result: The Shield win this match quite convincingly and look extremely dominant

Kane vs Daniel Bryan

Storyline: Kane & Daniel Bryan would lose the Tag Titles to Rhodes Scholars at The Royal Rumble before D-Bry would eliminate Kane from the Rumble match, Kane would Eliminate Bryan from the Eilimination Chamber a month later, their relationship would deteriorate so badly that the only thing left available would be to have a no DQ match at WrestleMania, I'd also have Dr Shelby involved at some stage to be completely destroyed by one or both

Result: Daniel Bryan would win this match, this woud be the start of rebuilding Bryan as a guy who can be a Main Event Talent either on RAW or SD!

US Title Match
Antonio Cesaro (c) vs Jack Swagger

Storyline: while I like Swagger's current gimmick I feel he was better suited to the US Title at this current time and I also feel that a "Real American" was required to 'save' the US Title after the foriegn heel Champion became increasingly insulting towards the American public

Result: Swagger would find a way of locking in the ankle lock and holding it until Cesaro could only tap out

WWE Tag Team Titles Match
Big E & Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Cody Rhodes & ?????

Storyline: I'd have the Rhodes Scholars beat Team Hell No at the Rumble, then big Z and Dolph beat Rhodes and Sandow at Elimination Chamber, on the following SmackDown I'd have Sandow found backstage beaten to a pulp, he's ruled out of action for 2 months, Rhodes still has the re-match clause and believes it was Big Z and Dolph who attacked his partner, he tells them he'll find a partner to take them down, Rhodes (and Sandow by default) turn face

Result: Rhodes mystery partner would be revealed as long time friend and someone he knows he can trust Ted DiBiase, they reform Pricele$$, Wrestling fans being nostalgic would welcome this, Pricele$$ wrestle a very face like match and reclaim the Tag Titles (after they help Orton and reform Legacy they'll reveal that it was indeed they who attacked Sandow after Rhodes became incensed that sandow was pinned by Big E)

Big Show vs Mark Henry

Storyline: both of these big angry badasses claim they're the toughest man in the WWE

Result: I'd have Mark Henry destroy Big Show, give Show a few months off and allow Henry to look strong for a future feud with Ryback who'd need to be kept awat from Orton and Legacy for the time being.

IC Title Match
Wade Barrett (c) vs Chris Jericho

Storyline: pretty basic, Jericho was Barrett's NXT mentor and coached him to victory, Jericho is the record IC Title holder, Barrett shows him little respect

Result: Wade Barrett gets a huge win over a former 6 time World Champion, it helps legitimise the belt and the man, no frills, just does what it says on the tin

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down