The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky and Moto GP

+7
Belgarion of Riva
SteveG
CaledonianCraig
The Special Juan
spencerclarke
Fernando
rapidringsroad
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sky and Moto GP Empty Sky and Moto GP

Post by rapidringsroad Sat 06 Apr 2013, 3:47 am

Up to now Sky have no plans to show Moto GP. What a rip-off, in a reply to my letter of complaint they said they were still negotiating with Moto GP, for God's sake they have had all year to sort it out and this looks like being an interesting season for fans and we can't watch it or is it just us in New Zealand?

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Sky and Moto GP Empty Re: Sky and Moto GP

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:06 am

In glorious BBC HD mate. Should be a great season in comparison to previous years. Finally the end of the predictable same two riders fighting for the win. Marquez should be an exciting watch and with Rossi returning to the front it's pretty much happy days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 06 Apr 2013, 7:37 pm

Qualifying Results:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 07 Apr 2013, 8:43 pm

Rossi has been brilliant in the second half of this race. I've missed this. Great to see him back at Yamaha

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 07 Apr 2013, 8:58 pm

Ah that's quality racing. :')
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:10 am

Decent result for Cal Crutchlow considering he isn't on a factory bike.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Apr 2013, 11:18 am

Good to see MotoGP back. Lorenzo dominated but at least we've got racing this year. Rossi was brilliant in the second half of the race after making that early error. Looking forward to a good competitive season and hopefully Crutchlow can remain with the top guys and fight for podiums.

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:19 pm

Fantastic racing - the last 5 laps had me glued to the screen.

Rossi reeled in his prey by lapping half a second faster than anyone else lap after lap - a great example of what you get when riders (and drivers) are allowed to use their god given skills to push their machinary to the max. Had Rossi been driving an F1 car then by the time he'd arrived at the tail end of the leading pack he'd be in the pits changing his tyres instead of showcasing his sublime racing skills. F1 take note!!

And add to that two well matched teammates at the top two teams (will be interesting to see how Pedrosa deals with Marquez 'the rookie') and this season is already looking well and truly spicy.

Only one complaint - why is there still no constant display of time intervals between riders so can track whats unfolding throughout the field - can get them online but are the BBC really that skint??

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 08 Apr 2013, 6:30 pm

I would imagine the BBC have no control over the coverage and it is supplied by MogoGP (like the FIA) using the local broadcaster but with themselves supplying the graphics such as timed gaps and the running order. I may be wrong but I imagine that is how it works.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 08 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

Yeah after thinking about it you're probably right on that one Craig.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 16 Apr 2013, 8:18 am

John wrote:In glorious BBC HD mate. Should be a great season in comparison to previous years. Finally the end of the predictable same two riders fighting for the win. Marquez should be an exciting watch and with Rossi returning to the front it's pretty much happy days.

The BBC's coverage is useless though. Wish it was on Eurosport, better commentary, better pundits, more in depth knowledge and they do not leave coverage to show garbage.

Why the Beeb got exclusive rights to a sport they do not cover well is unbelievable

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 20 Apr 2013, 9:42 pm

American GP Qualifying Results

Spoiler:

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 21 Apr 2013, 11:30 pm

Wow this kid Marc Marquez is very special!

I saw him destroy the 125cc field to bag the 2010 title and destroyed the Moto2 field last year, but he's taken to MotoGP like a duck to water.

Pedrosa must be worried, bridesmaid again...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:40 am

Marquez was just stalking him once again and then showed his speed and class. Once again it looked like Pedrosa had no answer and if you can't do anything about it now, what's going to change later on? Lorenzo, typically professional and consistant and picked up the third place which he knew was the maximum out of the weekend. Crutchlow always seems to make a mistake at one point in the race which is frustrating but he's fast. Rossi was really quite poor this weekend which was disappointing.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:48 am

I watched the race and must say I missed the mistake you allude to from Crutchlow. Considering he isn't riding a works/factory bike then he is over-achieving in my eyes.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:54 am

He went off just like in Qatar when pushing with the top guys and he lost about three to four seconds which put him behind Bradl for the second time and resulted in Lorenzo getting away in third. He matched Lorenzo all the way throughout the latter stages of the race, so without that mistake he would of been contending for a podium. He is outperforming that bike, especially when you compare him to his teammate.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:09 pm

I have no idea why Smith got that bike. He didn't exactly set the world alight in Moto 2. The race itself was a bit flat and nothing to write home about. Well done to Marquez though; he's outperforming Pedrosa who must be sick.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

John wrote:He went off just like in Qatar when pushing with the top guys and he lost about three to four seconds which put him behind Bradl for the second time and resulted in Lorenzo getting away in third. He matched Lorenzo all the way throughout the latter stages of the race, so without that mistake he would of been contending for a podium. He is outperforming that bike, especially when you compare him to his teammate.

Ah right I missed that then. Still I cannot see how he could have expected better considering he is not riding for a factory team with all the backing and funding and support that comes with that. A podium finish at any time this season will be very hard to come by and it may take a crash/unreliability ahead of him for him to pick up the pieces in my opinion. He is doing a great job of that there is no doubt. Marquez looks a real talent and has slotted in superbly and could we be looking at a rookie becoming World Champion in his first year?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 22 Apr 2013, 5:16 pm

Apparently Marquez still has Rossi posters in his bedroom. Smile

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 May 2013, 1:50 pm

Just watching Jerez qualifying and once again Crutchlow making a mistake and having quite a big crash. Really needs to eradicate these mistakes if he wants to really progress in Moto GP.

Well it's all happening in qualifying, now Pedrosa & Rossi in particular both crashing heavily. Should be a good race tomorrow, track should bunch them up and not let Honda's power dominate.

Last edited by John on Sat 04 May 2013, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 04 May 2013, 1:55 pm

I saw it coming from Cal. As soon as I put it on, I could see he was never 100% in control of the bike. Still, it doesn't matter if you fall off it everyone else is falling off. Rossi and Pedrosa off too, and now Dani's under massive pressure.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 05 May 2013, 10:07 pm

Marc Marquez isn't looking to make friends at the top level.

On the final lap at the final corner, he smashes his way passed Lorenzo to take second spot.

Pedrosa won in a flawless ride.

Lorenzo wasn't happy with Marquez's actions and refused the youngsters apology.

Rossi was solid in 4. Only 5 secs off Lorenzo. Rossi should keep getting stronger as the season goes on.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 05 May 2013, 10:17 pm

There not there to make friends Gerry, It's why i prefer Moto GP to F1. Get past or end in the gravel trap id presume he'll get a yellow card for that from the stewards it's a good system should be used in F1

4 pts - start at back of grid
7 pts - pit lane start
10 pts - out of the next event

The incident just reminded me of Rossi vs Gibernau in 2005

It was most odd for me cos that was usually a "Yamaha" track yet was dominated by the Honda's

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 05 May 2013, 10:43 pm

Fernando wrote:There not there to make friends Gerry, It's why i prefer Moto GP to F1. Get past or end in the gravel trap id presume he'll get a yellow card for that from the stewards it's a good system should be used in F1

4 pts - start at back of grid
7 pts - pit lane start
10 pts - out of the next event

The incident just reminded me of Rossi vs Gibernau in 2005

It was most odd for me cos that was usually a "Yamaha" track yet was dominated by the Honda's
Tyre wear seemed excessive at Jerez this weekend Fernando.

As soon as temperatures went up the tyres started behaving strangely.

I totally agree that the riders are there to win and not make friends.

But had Marquez taken both out, he would've been ripped to shreds how the late Marco Simoncelli was targeted

I don't think Marquez was given any penalty or warning as race control thought it was firm but fair.

Can't wait for Le Mans now!

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 05 May 2013, 10:47 pm

He'd have got a major bollocking if he had taken out Jorge personally i didn't see a problem with it, Marquez went for it earlier in the lap and out braked himself Jorge should of known he'll have tried it again and shut the door but he left the gap and Marc barged it wide open

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 06 May 2013, 12:43 am

Reading all the posts on the website almost makes me want to return to the UK. then I remember the weather and the fact that Bolton have such a crap football team. But seriously though what a great season this is turning out to be,three different winners in the first three races can't ask for better than that. I just hope that this is Pedrosa's year and his luck holds out for the rest of the season,now that Stoner has retired I'm rooting for Dani.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 06 May 2013, 12:50 am

By the way I've canceled Sky Sport as football has nearly finished and I can't watch Basketball Gridiron or any of the other American rubish such as V8s or Nascar or even Formula one. I bet their profits will be down. Wink

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 06 May 2013, 11:41 am

Fernando wrote:He'd have got a major bollocking if he had taken out Jorge personally i didn't see a problem with it, Marquez went for it earlier in the lap and out braked himself Jorge should of known he'll have tried it again and shut the door but he left the gap and Marc barged it wide open
That's true, I'm surprised that Jorge left the space. Everyone knows Marc Marquez will all ways go for the pass!

Going forward its certainly made the season more interesting!

I would like the Doctor to win a few races this season though, would be emotional if he won in Misano at Simoncelli's home.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 06 May 2013, 8:53 pm

It would be great to see Cal Crutchlow seal a win on a non-factory team bike.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 07 May 2013, 9:58 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:It would be great to see Cal Crutchlow seal a win on a non-factory team bike.
I can't believe Dovi ditched Tech 3 for the factory Ducati team.

Dovi got 6 podiums on a satellite bike last year, a record, yet threw a hissy and joined Ducati.

The money must be good as he looks unlikely to be in the podium anytime soon!

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 09 May 2013, 9:34 pm

Worryingly for Cal Crutchlow it is rumoured he looks set to lose his Yamaha-Tech 3 ride for next season. Apparently Spanish Moto GP2 rider Pol Espargaro has signed for the team and this will force Crutchlow out as he is not under a contract like his team-mate Bradley Smith until 2014.

CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Thu 09 May 2013, 10:11 pm

Dovi should have been offered a ride with the Yamaha team when Spies left he did pretty well For Yamaha Tech last season.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 19 May 2013, 1:19 pm

Come on Cal!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 2:46 pm

Good race because of the conditions, could of been a great race but things just didn't fit into place towards the end. Rarely see a number of riders bunched up for so long but Pedrosa was sublime and deserved the win and now looks ominous for a Honda rider taking the title even this early. Shocker for Yamaha. Congrats to Cal on second place.

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 20 May 2013, 7:58 am

Got to agree with you John,Dani deserved the win but I would have liked Dovi to have got on the podium. Great ride from Crutchlow, for once he escaped the bad luck he's had previously. I don't know what happened with Lorenzo but he wasn't his usual self.It's still early in the season but it's shaping up to be a cracker and I'm glad I forked out for the Video package, I also think the filming is better than Sky's was last season.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 21 May 2013, 10:26 pm

Randy de Puniet has confirmed he will test Suzuki's potential 2014 MotoGP challenger at Motegi.

Suzuki's return to MotoGP has been long rumoured, although it is yet to commit to an entry in next year's championship.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2013, 12:14 pm

Fernando wrote:Randy de Puniet has confirmed he will test Suzuki's potential 2014 MotoGP challenger at Motegi.

Anyone who watches Moto GP will know that Randy is basically guaranteed to crash within the first five laps of every race. I will be amazed if Suzuki get any data from this test, more likely a huge bill for repair.

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Wed 22 May 2013, 1:14 pm

Finally got to see the MotoGP race a couple of nights ago. Excellent ride by Cal, but I wonder if he's feeling it was a win that got away? Seemed to make a decent start off the line but got pushed around at the first chicane and ended up back in about 8th after lap 1. While it was still fully wet he was the quickest rider out there, but got caught behind Lorenzo in particular for a good few laps (and Dovi later on, although we know from last year that Cal finds Dovi particularly difficult to pass because of their different styles - Cal being about the mid corner speed, Dovi the last of the late brakers). A better first lap and he'd have been with Pedroza when Dani had his run-on , so could have been well in front at mid race and able to ride his pace rather than the slightly slower pace of the guys around him.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 23 May 2013, 8:28 pm

Crutchlow's performance is being vastly overplayed.

Dovi was doing this all year in 2012.

Dovi is vastly superior to Crutchlow.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 24 May 2013, 9:58 am

Gerry SA wrote:Crutchlow's performance is being vastly overplayed.

Dovi was doing this all year in 2012.

Dovi is vastly superior to Crutchlow.

I never saw the race at all but find your statement odd if I look at the facts. Dovi is riding for a factory team plus Cal had a fractured leg.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri 24 May 2013, 12:49 pm

Crutchlow is riding far better this year than he was last if you assume Lorenzo (on the supposedly superior works Yamaha) is a reliable benchmark.

Last year the difference in pace between Dovi and Crutchlow on identical machinery was in most races minimal - they seemed to spend half the season riding nose to tail. Dovi got more points because he made fewer mistakes and because he is harder to pass (as I said above, because he is so fast into and out of the corners, compared with Cal being more about carrying corner speed). So while I could accept 'superior', the 'vastly' is hugely overstating the case.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:21 pm

Pedrosa claims pole for the Italian GP after having a bad qualifying session with 7th for 95% of it, Crutchlow buried it in the graveltrap and come out on the spare bike and seemingly got quicker

1. Dani Pedrosa (Spa) Repsol Honda 1 minute 47.157 seconds

2. Jorge Lorenzo (Spa) Yamaha 1:47.226

3. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati 1:47.628

4. Cal Crutchlow (GB) Tech 3 Yamaha 1:47.632

5. Stefan Bradl (Ger) Honda 1:47.737

6. Marc Marquez (Spa) Honda 1:47.763

7. Valentino Rossi (Ita) Yamaha 1:47.872

8. Nicky Hayden (US) Ducati 1:48.006

9. Alvaro Bautista (Spa) Honda 1:48.355

10. Michele Pirro (Ita) Ducati 1:48.564

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:39 pm

Cheers Nando. That's not bad from Cal.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 01 Jun 2013, 4:04 pm

It's good considering he buried in the gravel trap OK

Still not crash of the weekend though and id expect will be crash of the season was Marquez @ 175mph going down the long straight lucky to not to have hurt himself OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Sat 01 Jun 2013, 5:19 pm

Another disappointing quali for Rossi especially at his home race. Always seems to be a good half second off the pace of the front runners. Was really looking forward to a fascinating duel at Yamaha this season but with Rossi consistently starting on the 3rd row it's never gonna happen.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:08 pm

Yes Pedrosa seemed to be struggling in the early practice runs but it all must have come together for him in qualifying. Hope he does well tomorrow and good luck for Dovi, he was struggling with a bad neck after his off in practice and Marquez seems to have recovered though his fall may have curbed his enthusiasm. Looking foreward to the race.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 01 Jun 2013, 10:09 pm

I saw that Nando. Marquez did exceptionally well not to go into the wall.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:05 pm

What a crash! I missed it but from the half-replay I saw I hope Rossi and Bautista? are ok.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:44 pm

The Special Juan wrote:What a crash! I missed it but from the half-replay I saw I hope Rossi and Bautista? are ok.

Both were alright. thumbsup

Jorge Lorenzo takes the win from Dani Pedrosa and Cal Crutchlow secures another podium to finish third. He was rather gifted it as Marquez crashed out from second in the last few laps.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:50 pm

Ah that's good to hear, cheers OK I think the Marquez crash was very bad for Lorenzo because Pedrosa's managed to greatly limit the damage to his lead.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next