The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How should we punish PED abusers?

+2
John Bloody Wayne
Seanusarrilius
6 posters

Go down

How should we punish PED abusers? Empty How should we punish PED abusers?

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:49 pm

Boxing, like many sports, has an issue with PED use. Personally I can't stand cheating in sports. I don't accept it and I want it gone. Sadly, it will never be gone, but I am interested in knowing how we, as a board, feel PED abusers should be punished.

So, l vote we come up with a list of punishments for confirmed PED use.

Here's what I have thus far:

1. A fighter should be fined a percentage of their last purse, and there should be a minimum amount. If they don't pay the fine then they can never box professionally again. I think this is fair as fighter earn very different salaries. A flat rate like, say, $50,000 could bankrupt one fighter but mean nothing to another. As a percentage of their last purse, I would suggest 50%
2. There should be an agreed minimum length of ban. We are not looking to end careers, but it has to mean something. Is a year enough or 18 months? I would suggest one or the other. 18 months has a significant impact on stars, who only fight about 3 times in that period, and prospects who need to fight a lot in that time to gain experience. I also suggest that for every time a fighter is caught afterward, the ban gets longer. So 18 months first time, 24 months second etc. Maybe a lifetime ban for 3 or more strikes?
3. If a fighter is confirmed as a PED user - perhaps they should have to submit to 365 day a year VADA testing for a period of time? Say 2 years? If they are then caught again maybe that time is extended. Like a probation period. There is the issue of who pays for this. I would suggest the promoter and the fighter pays them back out of their future purses. I am not suure of the costs here though.
4. Tar and feathering. Joke.

What do you guys think? Let's get the definied 606 PED punishment list. Even if it means nothing. Lol.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

How should we punish PED abusers? Empty Re: How should we punish PED abusers?

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Smack them with a leather belt. In the face.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Celibacy vow for two years

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Haha. Ok. But come on men. I want real answers too!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:12 pm

The whole PED thing seems to be getting out of hand, on one side we have countless athletes failing tests, on another we have a growing number prescribed them by a GP such as TRT and as long as they are honest up front about it its ok to use. We also seem to be seeing more & more substances being banned, athletes testing positive due to an over the counter product containing said substances and then the inconsistent punishments being dished out. I don't know if many saw this, nobody appears to have commented on it, but it seems the guy got a bit of a raw deal. He was banned for longer than most for a much lesser substance that he bought over the counter as opposed to somebody using something a lot more effective/harmful that they have bought through illegal sources.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/22047144

I think bans needed to be consistent, maybe 2 years and the percentage of their last purse seems a good idea along with being subjected to VADA testing as mentioned. Maybe a scale of fine/ban depending on what has been used as it seems some are far more effective than others.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Have a busty woman in shiny black boots put out cigarettes on them in a dungeon for a week.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Persuade a horse to sodomise them.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Lower their self esteem with verbal abuse.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Chemical castration.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:51 pm

A movie is made of them, and they're played by Nicolas Cage on acid.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:18 pm

If PED use is intentional then I see no problem with a lifetime ban, substances are banned for a reason and in a sport like boxing which is dangerous enough as it is there is no way someone should be able to cheat intentionally and fight again.

I think accidental use should be a two year minimum ban. I read about the Dillian Whyte case on BBC and it seems like he's got a raw deal but that's just because others have been let off so lightly. Anyone who fights professionally should know better than to go into sports nutrition shops and buy things without checking out the ingredients online. As far as I'm concerned it's absolute idiocy that endangers your opponents health and should be punished heavily. Also if the punishments were stricter I think it would act as a deterrent so we would see less cases of cheating.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:58 pm

Make them read Gordy's posts or moderate here.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down