The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top ranking courses.

+9
SmithersJones
Hibbz
navyblueshorts
raycastleunited
George1507
super_realist
Davie
McLaren
drive4show
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top ranking courses. - Page 2 Empty Top ranking courses.

Post by drive4show Wed 04 May 2011, 1:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

I just stumbled upon the link below, made me realise how lucky we are here in the UK to be able to play all the top courses. There are only probably 3 or 4 courses in the GB&I top 100 that are not open to Joe Public.

Compare this with the US list where only 16 of their top 100 IS accessible to the man in the street!

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/2011-05/100-greatest-golf-courses

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Top ranking courses. - Page 2 Empty Re: Top ranking courses.

Post by Doon the Water Sun 08 May 2011, 11:13 pm

NBS
There is the rub.

The SNP seem to be making a better job of running the country than the only real alternative which is Labour.
I suspect that there are many Scots like me who do not want an independent Scotland but feel that we are not getting a fair deal from Westminster.
£1.60 a litre for petrol in the Highlands is a good example. There would be riots in the streets of any Southern English town if it was the other way round.
I think only about 30% of Scots wish independence so I feel a fudge coming on.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Sun 08 May 2011, 11:20 pm

Only about 30% of Scots seek independence, which is why the SNP/Liblaps did not push for it in the last administration.

We have a choice{!} of SNP or Old Labour and the SNP did a fairly decent job last time.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Mon 09 May 2011, 9:26 am

The SNP finally have a majority government and we can judge them fairly on their results this term. It is make or break for them. Salmond knows fine the union is still the preferred option in this country, that is why a referendum is way down his list of priorities.

I think SR raises a good point about the calibre of politician that become an MSP, they are all failed MPs or glorified councilors. Nicola Sturgeon is moron, if she is the second best available to the SNP then they won't be around long after Salmond calls it a day (again).

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Mon 09 May 2011, 11:49 am

Salmond? Sturgeon?

It all smells fishy to me.

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 09 May 2011, 12:22 pm

Can I just say that much as this is off topic, it's very interesting as a southern Englishman to read this 'debate', as we have very little insight into the minutiae of Scottish politics down here. I can't see that Scotland is hard done by (pretty sure there are remote parts of Wales and even places like the Scilly Isles where the cost of transporting fuel is going to add to the already high prices. I don't think any government would be able to stop the petrol companies from charging higher prices in remote areas any more than they'd be able to influence the premium paid at motorway services. Simple supply & demand) given the amount of tax raised there and the amount it receives from Westminster, but then as I say I don't really know that much, being down here.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 09 May 2011, 1:39 pm

Mercurio wrote:Salmond? Sturgeon?

It all smells fishy to me.

laughing Very good.

Didn't mean to go "off on one" before but sometimes I wish all these parochial politicians would just grow up.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2