The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG Confirmed: To Pancake Mack The Knife

+7
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
eddyfightfan
azania
TheMackemMawler
AlexHuckerby
BoxingFan88
davidemore
11 posters

Go down

GGG Confirmed: To Pancake Mack The Knife  Empty GGG Confirmed: To Pancake Mack The Knife

Post by davidemore Fri 12 Apr - 18:36

Mad respect for Macklin taking this fight. Let's hope it's a solid payday for him. He deserves that...

Because no way in bajeezers is he going to win!

Golovkin gonna pancake the poor Irish lad from Birmingham.

But respect to Mack for taking it. Big respect.

One good thing to come out of this HBO/GBP debacle is that we get to see more of these fringe fighters, in terms of publicity that is, not skill set. If Pirog ever sorts himself out it be good to get him back on HBO too.

GGG inside 8.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

GGG Confirmed: To Pancake Mack The Knife  Empty Re: GGG Confirmed: To Pancake Mack The Knife

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 12 Apr - 19:32

Props to Macklin for taking it, I hope he pulls it off, but my head would tell me its going to be a painful night for him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

GGG Confirmed: To Pancake Mack The Knife  Empty Re: GGG Confirmed: To Pancake Mack The Knife

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 12 Apr - 19:36

Yeah, I just think that Macklins style is too suited to Golovkin, will take punches and won't be able to frustrate GGG enough to beat Golovkin.

Will probably have to take a few as Macklin is no mug himself and Rosado, a LMW was still able to come forward against him and land shots and he will have a question about how durable he is against him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 12 Apr - 19:37

GGG to devastate.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 12 Apr - 21:16

Macklin always gives a good account of himself. Unfortunately, he'll be too brave for his own good.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 12 Apr - 21:18

A massacre. Easy win for 3G.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 12 Apr - 21:21

Tailor made GGG. He's going to fire with fire and be extinguished.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 12 Apr - 21:26

the only logic i can muster to give him a chance is that he took a huge amount of punishment from martinez, so he may be able to last the first half of the fight, and he will have a chance to push GGG into the unknown. GGG is easier to hit than martinez.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 12 Apr - 21:46

Should be a good action fight while it lasts and will give GGG good exposure going forward with the bigger fights should he win

Think people are underestimating Macklin. I don't believe that he'll engage GGG and will try to box him early. He's bigger than Golovkin but doenst carry the same power

If he ends it early its a huge statement and a signal that he's more than ready for Martinez

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 12 Apr - 21:51

however it pans out it's safe to say it will be a great fight between two fighter who will give there all (especially Macklin)
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 12 Apr - 21:52

AlexHuckerby wrote: I am gay

Really??
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Fri 12 Apr - 21:52

hahaha, only playing Alex. sorry.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 12 Apr - 22:07

TheMackemMawler wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote: I am gay

Really??

Laugh Quite confident I never wrote that.

Here anyway. :P

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 12 Apr - 22:45

GGG will batter Macklin so bad in his next fight he'll be begging to face Andy Lee, begging.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 13 Apr - 22:59

davidemore wrote:GGG will batter Macklin so bad in his next fight he'll be begging to face Andy Lee, begging.

Doubt it. The beating will retire him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 13 Apr - 23:44

Lol, good on him for taking it though, hope they pay him well.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 14 Apr - 3:34

How much have some of you actually seen of Golovkin?

If you think this is an easy night, you're dead wrong. Macklin is several classes above anything he's faced so far.

If you actually watched him fight, you'd realise he's slow for his size, ponderous and has very little to offer outside of going to bomb them out. If Macklin refuses to trade with Golovkin early on, it'll got to a points win for Macklin. You heard it here first.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 14 Apr - 12:39

GGG by brutal KO inside 8. Mack gasses, this will not help him.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 14 Apr - 13:19

Mack looks worried at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cYBO4koWZo

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 14 Apr - 15:24

JabMachineMK2 wrote:How much have some of you actually seen of Golovkin?

If you think this is an easy night, you're dead wrong. Macklin is several classes above anything he's faced so far.

If you actually watched him fight, you'd realise he's slow for his size, ponderous and has very little to offer outside of going to bomb them out. If Macklin refuses to trade with Golovkin early on, it'll got to a points win for Macklin. You heard it here first.

He has an excellent jab and doesn't miss with much. He's shown no signs of poor stamina. He's adept to getting under his opponents offense and takes few clean punches for a guy who doesn't have a reverse gear. Tight glove guard and moves his head just enough for shots not to land directly. Well balanced, too.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 14 Apr - 15:31

A mover like Martinez could expose any immobile issues GGG might have, but I feel Mack will walk forward too and eat a hook, and then it's goodnight.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 14 Apr - 15:44

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8619/2204355.swf

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 14 Apr - 15:45

Aw Poopie, wrong place I'm sorry guys. It was meant to be the signature in an email to my mother regarding a situation between myself and an Imam who won't return my socks...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Apr - 15:54

racist

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 14 Apr - 16:15

he aint, calm down.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 14 Apr - 16:17

No, I was just unaware of the customs regarding mosque etiquette.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 14 Apr - 16:19

Stop dude, I can't keep defending taboo, and I AM taboo.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 14 Apr - 16:24

John Bloody Wayne wrote:No, I was just unaware of the customs regarding mosque etiquette.

laughing

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 14 Apr - 16:26

I'm just a man who wants his socks back.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 14 Apr - 17:03

Lol.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by trenchtownbaboon Sun 14 Apr - 17:15

JabMachineMK2 wrote:How much have some of you actually seen of Golovkin?

I wouldnt say Macklin is several classes above to Golovkins opponents mabe on par or a level above if that. Macklin is taylor made for Golovkin and you will see come fight night.
trenchtownbaboon
trenchtownbaboon

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 14 Apr - 17:33

GGG by BRUTAL KO. Ambo possibilities that i hope don't come to fruition.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down