The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nathan Cleverly

+13
compelling and rich
manos de piedra
88Chris05
bhb001
BoxingFan88
Imperial Ghosty
azania
Duty281
hampo17
John Bloody Wayne
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nathan Cleverly - Page 2 Empty Nathan Cleverly

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 21 Apr 2013, 7:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

He beat his mandatory last night!!

Anybody care?? Tumbleweed
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Nathan Cleverly - Page 2 Empty Re: Nathan Cleverly

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 9:07 am

Warren makes the fights. I hope his contract with him is nearing its end. His fights are typical Warren. Claim to be trying for the best but getting a night nurse.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Apr 2013, 10:07 am

This has to be the worst stable Warren has ever had in years.

Apart from Nathan, who I know I have a pop at, but in all honestly I think he is good enough to mix it with the best, but its the garbage he ends up fighting and the never backed up call outs. Ok Bernard might not be available, but Karpency, Shawn Hawk on a days notice etc are disgraceful back ups. Surely his ability deserves better than this.

I know Warren is chiefly responsible but Cleverly has to take some blame here also as he speaks to the media as if he is addressing boxing fans who are idiots. Like after the Karpency fight claiming it was the hardest fight hes had, we all must have been on the moon during the Bellew and Mohammadi fights.

The risky thing is, he could end up with egg over his face if one of these bums land a lucky shot and take him out at this point. So at least if he were to lose to say, Cloud, Dawson etc, he can still come back right away as there would be no shame in losing to a world class opponent.

Apart from Cleverly I can't see one other fighter in that stable who is going to be a big ticket seller, star attraction. Chisora is going to be cannon fodder for any up and coming heavyweight looking to make a name for themselves. Frankie Gavin is a massive waste of talent with no personality.

Stick with Warren to get a little bit of experience then move to Matchroom for the big fights on Sky. That seems to be the trend these days
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:54 am

From Gary Lockett on the BBc website

Cleverly has now set his sights on unifying the division by beating IBF champion Bernard Hopkins and WBA champion Beibut Shumenov, but Lockett feels those fights would be too risky at this stage.

"Why rush him? He's 26 and he's had five world title fights. He's a baby in that respect," said the former middleweight world title challenger.

"He's got a lot to learn and he's going to learn a lot from fighting guys that have lost to the likes of Hopkins, Tavoris Cloud, Gabriel Campillo.

Yeah. Why rush things? It's not like he is a World Champuion or anything!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:58 am

bhb001 wrote:From Gary Lockett on the BBc website

Cleverly has now set his sights on unifying the division by beating IBF champion Bernard Hopkins and WBA champion Beibut Shumenov, but Lockett feels those fights would be too risky at this stage.

"Why rush him? He's 26 and he's had five world title fights. He's a baby in that respect," said the former middleweight world title challenger.

"He's got a lot to learn and he's going to learn a lot from fighting guys that have lost to the likes of Hopkins, Tavoris Cloud, Gabriel Campillo.

Yeah. Why rush things? It's not like he is a World Champuion or anything!!

Karpency rematch might teach him a few things, after all it was the biggest struggle hes ever faced in his life
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

No

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:09 pm

Clev needs to step up his level of opposition real soon or no one is gonna take him seriously at all (not that a lot of people do already)

No doubt even with me saying this Reborn will still find some way to try and insult me

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:45 pm

That was beautiful Steffan, well said old boy, well said Sad
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 23 Apr 2013, 10:56 pm

Until Clev fights someone decent though any chance you could please try to refrain from writing these articles reminding us that Clev isnt fighting anyone decent? I dont really see the point to be honest

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:01 pm

Be worried If I was related to Archie Moore........Rumor is Warren's petitioned a court to have the old legend's body exhumed...........

Warren's law - A legend is a legend.....and you become one by beating one..

Be afraid be very afraid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 23 Apr 2013, 11:56 pm

Steffan wrote:Until Clev fights someone decent though any chance you could please try to refrain from writing these articles reminding us that Clev isnt fighting anyone decent? I dont really see the point to be honest

I like doing them tho
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:52 am

Wake me up when he fights someone decent. He's held that title to ransom with an embarrassing run of defenses...all the while harping on about unification. Well past time for him to 'walk the walk'. He doesn't deserve any real recognition as a world champion until he does.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Apr 2013, 11:55 am

Boxtthis wrote:Wake me up when he fights someone decent. He's held that title to ransom with an embarrassing run of defenses...all the while harping on about unification. Well past time for him to 'walk the walk'. He doesn't deserve any real recognition as a world champion until he does.

Hes still learning according to Gary Lockett and shouldn't be rushed.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:25 pm

Disgraceful comments from Lockett. That one paragraph from him encompasses everything that is wrong with boxing.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm

Lockett and Clev are scum who are ruining boxing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:36 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Disgraceful comments from Lockett. That one paragraph from him encompasses everything that is wrong with boxing.
Ban his license to work in boxing I would. The guy is a disgrace

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:37 pm

My sister died 4 years ago. So cheers for lowering yourself to that of a thoughtless t-wat
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:38 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
Boxtthis wrote:Wake me up when he fights someone decent. He's held that title to ransom with an embarrassing run of defenses...all the while harping on about unification. Well past time for him to 'walk the walk'. He doesn't deserve any real recognition as a world champion until he does.

Yep, what was that all about? He said something like "he's had five world title defenses but he's still a baby". Then he goes on to say he needs more of these 2nd tier fights. Well if he does then he should release that belt instead of holding it to ransom.

I actually think that Clev, because of his engine, workrate, and decent punch variety could beat Shumenov, Cloud, and maybe even trouble Hopkins (simply by working really, really hard). He's not top level though, and would get dominated by the likes of Dawson.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:39 pm

Had to remove that last one, Steffan. Try to keep it clean, lads.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:My sister died 4 years ago. So cheers for lowering yourself to that of a thoughtless t-wat
No not her. Your other sister. The blonde one

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:41 pm

Thats my brother
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:47 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Thats my brother
Ah right. I wondered why she/he only liked it up the hershey highway

And my cat was a big Nathan Cleverly fan until I accidently put him in the washing machine on full power so stop writing such insensitive articles on here

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:48 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Had to remove that last one, Steffan. Try to keep it clean, lads.
Ok sorry. I had a mid week crises going on. Wont happen again Sir

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 24 Apr 2013, 12:51 pm

Boxtthis wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:

Yep, what was that all about? He said something like "he's had five world title defenses but he's still a baby". Then he goes on to say he needs more of these 2nd tier fights. Well if he does then he should release that belt instead of holding it to ransom.

I actually think that Clev, because of his engine, workrate, and decent punch variety could beat Shumenov, Cloud, and maybe even trouble Hopkins (simply by working really, really hard). He's not top level though, and would get dominated by the likes of Dawson.

I posted the quote earlier in this thread, but, just for you, this is what Lockett said: -

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2