The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selby

3 posters

Go down

Selby Empty Selby

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 11:59 am

After all the talk yesterday about Fury, Clev and Canelo he seemed to have slipped under the radar. I rate him as Britain's best prospect at any weight. Immensely skilled and seems to pack a wallop with either hand.

How far can he go? I reckon a nailed on cert for a world belt. It remains to be seen if he can dominate the division and make himself the main man.

Thoughts?

azania

Back to top Go down

Selby Empty Re: Selby

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:13 pm

Not sure how long he can carry on fighting at feather. He has that gaunt look about him at weigh ins so hopefully hes not hurting himself to make weight, he's huge.

Good style, but still gets hit flush a bit too much. But with Eddie Hearn he seems on the right path, European Title fight should be next IMO as he has ripped the domestic scene apart. Nothing left for him to prove at British level.

He would have rotted on Warren's undercards.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 12:38 pm

He's a beast at the weight. Apparently he puts on a stone after weigh in, coming in at 140. Crazy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Apr 2013, 1:25 pm

There is something untrustworthy about fighters who jump weight like that.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 1:29 pm

I agree. Perhaps the weigh in should be brought forward to 18 hours before the fight as opposed to 36 as it is now.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 22 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

At 26 I think the prospect tag may be stretching it a little

Back to the topic and I rate him very highly as well and now he's got his man strength/power to go with his skills and speed

As reborn mentioned he is huge at the weight and once they start looking as gaunt as he is atm then its only a matter of time before he moves up

Think he loads up a tad too much, he doesn't need to always need to throw KO shots. That said hes a murderous body puncher and if he can hang about then the superbantam weights in Quigg and Frampton may be big possible domestic clashes as both carl and Scott are big 122lbers

Hard to know what to do with weigh ins, but rehydrating is become more and more of a problem and in the long term its not healthy and won't help having a long career

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down