The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British Heavyweight Boxing is becoming a laughingstock again!!

+18
Duty281
Adam D
Diggers
milkyboy
horizontalhero
Imperial Ghosty
jimdig
winchester
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
JabMachineMK2
ONETWOFOREVER
bhb001
azania
Seanusarrilius
davidemore
Soldier_Of_Fortune
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

British Heavyweight Boxing is becoming a laughingstock again!! Empty British Heavyweight Boxing is becoming a laughingstock again!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:15 pm

I remember growing up..The Brits were always regarded as horizontal Henrys but they generally had dignity in defeat and gave it there all!!...........However Bruno in fairness looked the part....Tried his best and handled himself in the main with dignity a real trier!!!...Fairplay!!.....

Lewis was a Heavy we all took notice of one of the best of all time and kind of gave British heavy boxing something to feel good about and rightly so.........We can argue about his British-ness some other time...

Alas the last year or so has been awful for British heavyweight boxing and it's rightly becoming a laughingstock...

1. Haye gets his toe out at a Press conference...............after running like a thief..
2. Haye and Chisora two losers!! fighting at a press conference like two ex-girlfriends over a boy that is out of their league......
3. Price is knocked out with a slap on the neck.
4. Now this lughead sneaks past a cruiser and jumps about and starts singing like he's beaten Ali.............

I'll be honest I've never felt more proud to be American.....

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

British Heavyweight Boxing is becoming a laughingstock again!! Empty Re: British Heavyweight Boxing is becoming a laughingstock again!!

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:18 pm

This is true, but the American Heavyweight scene is even more of a laughing stock.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

British Heavyweight Boxing is becoming a laughingstock again!! Empty Re: British Heavyweight Boxing is becoming a laughingstock again!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:20 pm

I'm talking about dignity and showing some pride.................

Thompson and Arreola's stock has risen of late..anyway.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:36 pm

Wait until Wilder gets spanked out by Audley! And this thread will be bumped Smile

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm

You think it's a possibility..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:42 pm

Yeah! A-Force vs Hype-Force, let's go.

Gold is better than bronze, brother.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm talking about dignity and showing some pride.................

Dignity and pride - like all your drug cheats! Like your clowning p4p number one!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Sling it....

That's a British phrase.

You mean "Gout otta here ya bum"

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:49 pm

He loves Britain.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:50 pm

davidemore wrote:He loves Britain.

TRUSS is Britain. Smile Good ol Truss.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 22 Apr 2013, 2:58 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Saw Bostonians coming in for some flack on another site today. Boston Irish very promenant ib raising funds for the IRA's bombs...... Didn't know that.

Don't bring that up on here. You are bound to offend someone. I know you don't mean it to sound racist, but this is Inflammatory, so stop it now please

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:06 pm

I'm grossly offended by that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:13 pm

I'm suggesting British boxing hasn't done itself any favors over the last year.....

Not suggesting that their isn't plenty of British fighters who show great dignity and aren't worthy of respect...

A small minority of Boston Irish...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:17 pm

No more mentions of this stuff. Even if tongue and cheek, guys. We have already had one serious issue due to comments made on here.Next person that chimes in on this will be disciplined

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:18 pm

This isn't our finest hour, I must admit!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:19 pm

Very Churchillian...............bhb

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:27 pm

Tone it down boys.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You think it's a possibility..............

I do, and at 6/1 for Audley to win am goin to make a little bet haha.

Am not sayin he will but Audley has got to come good sooner or later.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:34 pm

Later

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 22 Apr 2013, 3:40 pm

A-Force baby.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 22 Apr 2013, 4:35 pm

British boxing is in the pits TBH and its all Price's fault because he was looking like a REAL contender but he got slapped by a slap and never got up.

Fury is a joke and a clown but he has gotten up from the canvas twice in fights now and that shows championship qualities.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 4:44 pm

A little harsh on Price, there. It is not totally his fault that most of us (azania excluded) for the hype! The problem is if he bought into it. And Fury getting up from the canvas shows guts but nothing more. Even weevils wobble but they don't fall down!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 22 Apr 2013, 4:51 pm

Price should never have lost to Thompson tho.

Its a real set back and he needs to ko the pluck out of Thompson to retain his mojo.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 4:53 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Fury is a joke and a clown but he has gotten up from the canvas twice in fights now and that shows championship qualities.

Or the second he fights an actual finisher he'll be destroyed

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 4:59 pm

The slap that made Price breakdance will give every active (and some retired) HWs hope when they step into the ring with him. He is finished. There's a big target of his chin. Sadly for him he lacks the excellent skills Wlad possesses to hide his deficiencies.

The Fury 2 are the fiture for Britain. At least they fight regularly and Tyson provides wonderful entertainment both during and immediately after the fight. Get behind our boys.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 5:00 pm

Doesn't say much for him if his stock has risen on the back of knocking out our latest china chinned (necked) hype job. using that rationale you'll be suggesting Wilder is the second coming when he beats Audley (ha, like that's going to happen)

Arreola fought for 12 rounds against Vitali by adopting the tactic of hoping Vit would break his hands on Arreloa's head by hitting it repeatedly without reply or becoming so upset at the mess he was making of Chris's face, he'd break down and quit. What's he done since then to make his stock rise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Apr 2013, 5:21 pm

Didn't Arreola quit like a dog on his stool after the 9th round?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Apr 2013, 5:30 pm

Whatever it was, he took a beating and cried during his post-fight interview but somehow, his stock has risen since. That is until Haye annihilates him and he again becomes "an overweight plodder who is a disgrace to athletes everywhere"

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 22 Apr 2013, 6:43 pm

Quoted.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Mon 22 Apr 2013, 6:48 pm

With Fury, Price and Haye around I think things are looking good for British heavyweight boxing. We will have a world champion very soon as long as the powers that be allow them the opportunity.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 6:50 pm

winchester wrote:With Fury, Price and Haye around I think things are looking good for British heavyweight boxing. We will have a world champion very soon as long as the powers that be allow them the opportunity.

Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Apr 2013, 6:50 pm

Haye is world class...........Hope it's him for Boxing's sake.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 22 Apr 2013, 7:19 pm

Haye has a world class mouth. And toe.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 22 Apr 2013, 7:42 pm

When haye was a cruiser, the British heavyweight scene consisted of Skelton, audley, Francis, Williams. So 5 years on, there is haye, fury, price, and (audley), all on the world stage. British heavyweight boxing is now on the world scene, surely that's progression from domestic.
Lewis was a once in a generation kind of boxer, hell in terms of Britain, one in a hundred years. Take him out of the equation and suddenly the scene doesn't look so bad comparatively.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 22 Apr 2013, 7:54 pm

Haye came up short against Wlad but he's still a very talented boxer who could and should beat everyone else out there.

Not sure in the late 80's and early 90's we had Bruno and Mason who were both very good, they're lower ranked in comparison to Fury but that's because they had better fighter around above them, were they around today we'd be waxing lyrical about them.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Mon 22 Apr 2013, 8:13 pm

Fully agree Truss. I have been in and around boxing for the best part of 25 years, but little by little I have fallen out of love with the sport, but Like a Junkie for whom the fun has long since departed leaving only miserable addiction, I still keep coming back for more, but if I ever do manage to wash my hands is boxing, then Fury v Cunningham will surely be a key milestone in that journey. Entertaining? It was an embarassement . From his stupid pre fight hand shake, to his histrionics between rounds, his pathetic level of skill , the mismatch of size that allowed for him to win despite this patheitc showing, to his singing afterwards, it was cringeworthy from start to finish. if someone that had never heard of boxing asked me what I watched for entertainment, and I had to show them a recording of this event, I'd be hanging my head in shame. It would be less embarrassing to admit to being a fan of the x factor , or one direction or any of that other banal crap that passes for popular entertainment these days.
I have never ever before tuned into to watch a fighter solely in the hope of seeing them lose- I may have detested Naz.s personality, stupid shorts and even stupider ring entrances, but I marveled at his skill and chutzpah, but Fury has absolutely no redeeming features, if there is a god of boxing I pray he sees fit to answer my prays, and let's him get knocked out and back into obscurity as soon as possible.
To think that this muppet could one day hold the title held by men as dignified as Louis or Paterson, or as charismatic as Ali, or technically skilled as Holmes or Lewis is depressing beyond belief. Compare him to any of the previous Brits to have held any version of the heavy weight crown , even the likes of Hide or Akinwande, and he looks like a fat, charmless pub brawler. Please, please let him fight a Klitchkos , a Haye or any other half decent heavyweight as soon as possible. Rant over, and him starting to feel better already.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 22 Apr 2013, 8:15 pm

Lets not forget Haye's lack of chin.

Man Utd 1 up btw. 20 titles baby!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Apr 2013, 8:16 pm

horizontalhero wrote:Fully agree Truss. I have been in and around boxing for the best part of 25 years, but little by little I have fallen out of love with the sport, but Like a Junkie for whom the fun has long since departed leaving only miserable addiction, I still keep coming back for more, but if I ever do manage to wash my hands is boxing, then Fury v Cunningham will surely be a key milestone in that journey. Entertaining? It was an embarassement . From his stupid pre fight hand shake, to his histrionics between rounds, his pathetic level of skill , the mismatch of size that allowed for him to win despite this patheitc showing, to his singing afterwards, it was cringeworthy from start to finish. if someone that had never heard of boxing asked me what I watched for entertainment, and I had to show them a recording of this event, I'd be hanging my head in shame. It would be less embarrassing to admit to being a fan of the x factor , or one direction or any of that other banal crap that passes for popular entertainment these days.
I have never ever before tuned into to watch a fighter solely in the hope of seeing them lose- I may have detested Naz.s personality, stupid shorts and even stupider ring entrances, but I marveled at his skill and chutzpah, but Fury has absolutely no redeeming features, if there is a god of boxing I pray he sees fit to answer my prays, and let's him get knocked out and back into obscurity as soon as possible.
To think that this muppet could one day hold the title held by men as dignified as Louis or Paterson, or as charismatic as Ali, or technically skilled as Holmes or Lewis is depressing beyond belief. Compare him to any of the previous Brits to have held any version of the heavy weight crown , even the likes of Hide or Akinwande, and he looks like a fat, charmless pub brawler. Please, please let him fight a Klitchkos , a Haye or any other half decent heavyweight as soon as possible. Rant over, and him starting to feel better already.

You're no fan of Fury I take it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 22 Apr 2013, 8:37 pm

You reading between the lines again az? Wish people would just say what they think

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 23 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

To be fair Az, I'm no fan of the rest of them either,Fury's just thwe worse of bad bunch; Haye has plenty of ability, but seems to think that he should be handed title shots on that basis rather than having to earn them by actual fighting-he had the potential to have a really good career if actually choose to fight more often,but instead would rather do big brother FFS, and hope that Vitali gave a toss.Del boy behaves like prat, but maybe feels that he has to to make up for a lack of real talent. As for Price , I do give him credit for atleast getting straight back onto the horse as it were, but again he should have had way more fights by now if he was really serious. Collectively they are joke-all talking the talk whilst failing to walk the walk.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:40 pm

horizontalhero wrote:To be fair Az, I'm no fan of the rest of them either,Fury's just thwe worse of bad bunch; Haye has plenty of ability, but seems to think that he should be handed title shots on that basis rather than having to earn them by actual fighting-he had the potential to have a really good career if actually choose to fight more often,but instead would rather do big brother FFS, and hope that Vitali gave a toss.Del boy behaves like prat, but maybe feels that he has to to make up for a lack of real talent. As for Price , I do give him credit for atleast getting straight back onto the horse as it were, but again he should have had way more fights by now if he was really serious. Collectively they are joke-all talking the talk whilst failing to walk the walk.

The difference with the others and Fury is age. 24 is very young for a heavy. In terms of career progression he is pretty much exactly where anyone from any weight at his age should be...in Britain anyway.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:47 pm

horizontalhero wrote:Fully agree Truss. I have been in and around boxing for the best part of 25 years, but little by little I have fallen out of love with the sport, but Like a Junkie for whom the fun has long since departed leaving only miserable addiction, I still keep coming back for more, but if I ever do manage to wash my hands is boxing, then Fury v Cunningham will surely be a key milestone in that journey. Entertaining? It was an embarassement . From his stupid pre fight hand shake, to his histrionics between rounds, his pathetic level of skill , the mismatch of size that allowed for him to win despite this patheitc showing, to his singing afterwards, it was cringeworthy from start to finish. if someone that had never heard of boxing asked me what I watched for entertainment, and I had to show them a recording of this event, I'd be hanging my head in shame. It would be less embarrassing to admit to being a fan of the x factor , or one direction or any of that other banal crap that passes for popular entertainment these days.

I can understand why people would hate the guy but for any fan of boxing to say he has no redeeming features is beyond me.
If nothing else he has the guts to get in the ring, get knocked down and get up and go on to win a fight. He certainly has the stomach for a tear up which a lot of boxers over the years havent had, when the going gets tough Fury at least steps up to the plate.
You might think he's talentless..which I personally dont agree with but again thats fair enough......but I dont see how anyone can say he doesnt have a boxers heart and for that alone he deserves some credit.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 2:52 pm

He will never get any credit in some sections even if he were to unify the division and hold all belts for a decade. If he walks on water it's because he can't swim.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 23 Apr 2013, 4:41 pm

azania wrote:He will never get any credit in some sections even if he were to unify the division and hold all belts for a decade. If he walks on water it's because he can't swim.
Same goes for Price

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 5:20 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I remember growing up..The Brits were always regarded as horizontal Henrys but they generally had dignity in defeat and gave it there all!!...........However Bruno in fairness looked the part....Tried his best and handled himself in the main with dignity a real trier!!!...Fairplay!!.....

Lewis was a Heavy we all took notice of one of the best of all time and kind of gave British heavy boxing something to feel good about and rightly so.........We can argue about his British-ness some other time...

Alas the last year or so has been awful for British heavyweight boxing and it's rightly becoming a laughingstock...

1. Haye gets his toe out at a Press conference...............after running like a thief..
2. Haye and Chisora two losers!! fighting at a press conference like two ex-girlfriends over a boy that is out of their league......
3. Price is knocked out with a slap on the neck.
4. Now this lughead sneaks past a cruiser and jumps about and starts singing like he's beaten Ali.............

I'll be honest I've never felt more proud to be American.....

That's slightly worrying then.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:13 pm

Duty on the boxing boards...we are honored!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Duty on the boxing boards...we are honored!! Cool

What can I say? It's a privilege!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:22 pm

Adam D wrote:
azania wrote:He will never get any credit in some sections even if he were to unify the division and hold all belts for a decade. If he walks on water it's because he can't swim.
Same goes for Price

Yes he would. My complaint about Price was that he was chinny. Nothing more.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 23 Apr 2013, 6:40 pm

Well Wlad has unfied and been champion for a long time but gets very little credit because his opposition is so poor, only under those circumstances would Fury ever become a champion. He wouldn't get there through talent but because of a paucity of talent in the heavyweight division.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 23 Apr 2013, 9:21 pm

Diggers wrote:

I can understand why people would hate the guy but for any fan of boxing to say he has no redeeming features is beyond me.
If nothing else he has the guts to get in the ring, get knocked down and get up and go on to win a fight. He certainly has the stomach for a tear up which a lot of boxers over the years havent had, when the going gets tough Fury at least steps up to the plate.
You might think he's talentless..which I personally dont agree with but again thats fair enough......but I dont see how anyone can say he doesnt have a boxers heart and for that alone he deserves some credit.

I'll concede that he has heart, but that I kind of take having guts as a given for a professional boxer, I was more inferring that he has nothing that makes him pleasurable to watch or likeable as a personality. I'm just fed up with boxers showing such little class, and not backing their boasts up. Fury was carrying on as if this performance was something to be proud of, when really it was urine poor.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next