The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

America's view on David Haye and British heavyweight boxing.

+8
OasisBFC
Jukebox Timebomb
paperbag_puncher
AlexHuckerby
Knowsit17
Bob
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
12 posters

Go down

America's view on David Haye and British heavyweight boxing. Empty America's view on David Haye and British heavyweight boxing.

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:02 pm

Boy do we need someone to step up on the heavyweight scene. The yanks are ripping Haye to shreds which I think is partly correct. The one thing they are focused on is Haye's trash talking before the fight. Trash talking that went on for 3 years. Haye has disgraced British heavyweight boxing by the antics he pulled but the worst thing is he did not come close to backing any of it up. But I cant denie Haye's effort and he stayed on his feet when he took heavy shots.

The Americans are calling Haye "one of the biggest heavyweight frauds in years" which is funny as they have a selection of frauds from who to pick. The sad thing about all of this is that this has come after the other heavyweight prospect we had, Audley Harrison, has imploded beyond belief. Harrison like Haye promised much but is now a laughing stock on both sides of the pond. The damage to the reputation of British heavyweight boxing is worrying and makes it harder for up and coming heavyweights in Britain to reach the top with any dignity. All this coming in the same year 1 are greatest heavies Cooper sadly passed away. A man respected on both sides of the pond I might add.

So who can save the heavyweight scene in Britian from becoming a complete joke?

Fury - Not seen ANYTHING to persuade me.
Price - Has all the tools and advantages but doubt he can take a punch.
Chisora - Needs to be in better shape imo but the only 1 I will back.

After Lewis our stock has fallen.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

America's view on David Haye and British heavyweight boxing. Empty Re: America's view on David Haye and British heavyweight boxing.

Post by Strongback Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:11 pm

The Americans are absolutely shredding Haye.

They can't believe how bad he was.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

America's view on David Haye and British heavyweight boxing. Empty Re: America's view on David Haye and British heavyweight boxing.

Post by Bob Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Strongback wrote:The Americans are absolutely shredding Haye.

Whereas he's getting away almost scott-free back in blighty......

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Haye was no worse than America's own bar the trash talking. In fact they're probably currently in worse shape than English heavyweights if the best the states has to offer are the likes of Arreola, Chambers and co. At least Haye captured a world title.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:19 pm

I agree Knowsit but I do think Haye's trash talking was far too much to put in a performance like that. You are right too the Americans cant say Jack about heavyweights and I think the 3 heavies I mentioned above are better then anything the Americans have to offer.......at the moment.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:19 pm

They're entitled to their opinion, but oh well it will only take one HW with clear skill and explosiveness to make them believe again, just wonder where we'll get that...

Price - Proved very strong so far to be fair his 2 round demolition of unbeaten Tom Dallas was impressive, doubting a guy can take a punch is a bit harsh if it hasn't been tested, receives the benefit of the doubt for me and for my eyes right at this moment is the most skillful heavy handed Heavy we have at this moment in time.

Chisora - Lacks the boxing know how in my opinion, can
fight lacks the major punching power but can still hit hard, just his boxing smarts aren't quite great, doubt he even knows who Larry Holmes is....

Fury - Not shown anything to me apart from struggling against John McMuffin... Has decent knockout power but really has to whip himself into serious shape.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Neither the Brits or Americans have anything to boast about or have the upper hand when it comes to heavyweights. Like it or not Wlad's a class above anything thats around at the moment.

Can see Adamek being slowly beat up by Vitali and being another who falls by the way side..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:24 pm

I like Adamek he's one tough SOB, and he soundly outboxed Michael Grant, but Vitali has too much for him I'm afraid, I think once Adamek starts to get hit he'll fall...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:27 pm

The Americans are criticising Haye for trash talking??? that's a bit rich.

And who was the last US challenger to go 12 rds with WK without being stretchered out?

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:I like Adamek he's one tough SOB, and he soundly outboxed Michael Grant, but Vitali has too much for him I'm afraid, I think once Adamek starts to get hit he'll fall...

Agreed. Like Adamek and he'll give it a go but hes just too small to trouble the Klits. Can see Vitali walking him down and stopping him anytime after half way. If Grant can stun him on a number of occasions then hes in big trouble when Vitali lands..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:41 pm

Despite having balls and the ability to bang, Fury and Chisora both need to shape up and stop spending more hours at BK than training. It's not too late at this stage for them to start taking their bodies seriously. Unless they do that for a start I can't see them threatening much higher than European title level at best. They'll almost certainly be drained fighting more rounds against active and evasive opposition, let alone the K Bros and the like.

Price seems a bit better in terms of fitness and has done very well so far, so it's more difficult to predict what the future holds for him.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:42 pm

He did really well to stand up to Grant and tagged Grant so many times, but if he can't put Grant into major trouble I doubt he'll do anythign other than tickle Vitali's chin, and when Vitali lands he'll be in a great deal of trouble.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Bob wrote:
Strongback wrote:The Americans are absolutely shredding Haye.

Whereas he's getting away almost scott-free back in blighty......

He'll get sympathy in England being a loser. Americans have no time for losers.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:11 pm

who gives a toss what the yanks think of anything?

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:15 pm

Hm, not too sure this time, most of our losers have clearly absolutely gone for it or been a nice guy, Eubank wasn't massively loved but it changed when he started losing and looked courageous in doing so. Bruno guys like him were never quite at the highest level but were nice guys so we celebrated him.

David I reckon he's a good bloke really but his trash talk haven't helped him considering a lot of people thought he was the highest level in HW Boxing of today and made big statements but fell short. The fact that people don't think he's a nice guy falls against him and the fact he didn't hit the hgihest level aftefr big statements It hink the general consensus of non-educated boxing fans is he's a massive bell.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:42 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Haye was no worse than America's own bar the trash talking. In fact they're probably currently in worse shape than English heavyweights if the best the states has to offer are the likes of Arreola, Chambers and co. At least Haye captured a world title.

Too be fair, Chambers and Arreola would have most probably captured a world title as well had they chosen to go down the WBA route.
As for Price, Fury and Chisora....its to early to judge them. They havent fought anything above domestic fodder. Price looked decent in his last fight but was helped by the fact that Dallas is absolutely awful.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:16 pm

i rate chisora and price, not sold on fury though. i dont think chisora would worry the klits but i would be interested to see a fight where they don't have a huge reach advantage- wlad especially, as i think it would take away a huge part of his natural game plan. problem is i think wlads chin is no where near as fragile as first thought.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:19 pm

The yanks are fat wasters that haven't done anything in HW boxing for years...who really cares what they think?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:10 am

The Americans are calling Haye "one of the biggest heavyweight frauds in years" which is funny as they have a selection of frauds from who to pick.

---------

I can't remember any heavyweight including Ali against Frazier who showed his opponent such a total lack of respect. Man that Hitler parody was too much. Haye is getting all the sh** right now and he deserves every ounce of it! Very Happy

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down