The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting story on Balco

+7
hazharrison
jbeadlesbigrighthand
azania
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
seanmichaels
bellchees
Mind the windows Tino.
11 posters

Go down

Interesting story on Balco Empty Interesting story on Balco

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 Apr 2013, 1:22 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted but there is an interesting story on the BBC today.

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Interesting story on Balco Empty Re: Interesting story on Balco

Post by bellchees Thu 25 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

I read this this morning, how they let guys like this in the sport to help fighters and then don't test for PEDS properly is absolute madness.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 Apr 2013, 1:32 pm

bellchees wrote:I read this this morning, how they let guys like this in the sport to help fighters and then don't test for PEDS properly is absolute madness.

Boxing is absolute madness.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 25 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

slugs raspberry

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Thu 25 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

I posted this a while ago and it's well worth a listen. Victor Conte on the Joe Rogan podcast.

http://blog.joerogan.net/archives/5517

A lot of eye opening stuff and Conte is completely open. He comes across as a very clever guy, and if he was dirty now he'd be the stupidest man alive.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 25 Apr 2013, 1:59 pm

Conte is dirty depending on who he is working with. If he worked with Froch he would be a good guy. Working now with Khan means Kan is doping.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Thu 25 Apr 2013, 2:04 pm

azania wrote:Conte is dirty depending on who he is working with. If he worked with Froch he would be a good guy. Working now with Khan means Kan is doping.

Is that true? The Sky cycling team were heavily criticised for using a doctor that was previously involved in doping. In the end they got rid of him to protect their reputation. The fact is that anyone who works with known drugs cheats opens themselves up to criticism.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 25 Apr 2013, 2:05 pm

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:
azania wrote:Conte is dirty depending on who he is working with. If he worked with Froch he would be a good guy. Working now with Khan means Kan is doping.

Is that true? The Sky cycling team were heavily criticised for using a doctor that was previously involved in doping. In the end they got rid of him to protect their reputation. The fact is that anyone who works with known drugs cheats opens themselves up to criticism.

Marquez worked with a known druggie also. Just a murmer here.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Thu 25 Apr 2013, 2:31 pm

azania wrote:

Other than the thread entitled "Did drugs nearly kill Pacquiao", you mean? Either way, has there been any more of a reaction to the news that Khan is working with Conte? Perusing the thread on that news, most of the comments were made by you.

The fact is that boxing has generally had a good reputation when it comes to doping. That's especially important because, as you've pointed out, doping is far more serious in boxing compared with non-contact sports. Whether or not Conte or Heredia are now clean, their presence in boxing does suggest, rightly or wrongly, that doping goes on. That risks creating the 'arms-race' mentality that took over cycling.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 25 Apr 2013, 2:33 pm

azania wrote:

Ah Memo Heredia. There's footage out there of him injecting EPO into himself and boasting about how easy it is to beat testing. He's with Pascal at the minute. I'll be amazed if Pascal doesn't look more muscular and hit much harder than we've ever seen him.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 25 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm

It's a good podcast.

What I dislike about Conte is now that he's caught he has no problem grassing anyone up. No loyalty. Not saying they deserve protection but the guy shows he's got no morals whatsoever.

Conte is a dangerous man as he knows exactly what they test for so potentially he can develop a drug which is certainly performance enhancing beyond which any natural aids can provide but because it doesn't get caught by tests he'll class it as clean.

The more and more you read into the whole PED I think many of your favorite sportsman have dabbled in it at one point in time.

The testing system is so lapse that it appears only the idiots get caught due to not coming off them at the correct times to avoid being caught.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 25 Apr 2013, 4:43 pm

Still pushing the racism agenda I see Az.

Rolling Eyes

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 25 Apr 2013, 4:55 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Still pushing the racism agenda I see Az.

Rolling Eyes

It seems only you can see one. Twit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:47 pm

Not the only but back on topic.

Conte being involved in boxing is a worry but he has the benefit of working with the one boxer who complies to all year round testing and is there really going to be any difference in the perception of Khan as he did previously work Ariza. He also doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would take PEDs, for all the trash he has chatted in the past he is actually a very good guy, not many do more for their local community than Amir.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 8:40 pm

Fascinating article and worrying that as athletics publicly tries to clean up, these guys resurface in boxing, like parasites searching for a suitable host.

Of course, us as mere speculators and not on the inside would never know for sure what's going on, and I completely buy into the concept that guys such as this could be clean and actually using their undoubted sports science expertise in the right way....

However, my own suspicious mind, even as a JMM fan, was brought to the forefront seeing his transformation in the Pacquiao fight. (yes, I do know many people will say it was gradual but I have trouble buying it).

There was an excellent article posted on here around the time of the fight asking if Marquez v Pacquiao had morphed beyond boxing into chemical warfare.

I'd love to think JMM was 100% clean but I will always be reserved in my own judgement of that performance...Which is a terrible shame.

As a wider piece, it's appalling to think how many of these fighters are juicing when they could end up killing each other in that ring.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 25 Apr 2013, 8:59 pm

Charge them with attempted manslaughter if caught juicing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:59 am

A problem for Khan now is that he has to waste time and effort defending using this person.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/22302327

This is a distraction at best. The arguement that his trainer said they were going to use him so that's it does not wash as he is the one who has to answer this question at every press conference for the near future.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down