The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bo Dallas?

+7
Kay Fabe
Crimey
MtotheC
Dolphin Ziggler
Brilliant_yep
Dr Gregory House MD
sparxz
11 posters

Go down

Bo Dallas? Empty Bo Dallas?

Post by sparxz Sat 27 Apr 2013, 7:45 pm

Hi guys after a good run in the rumble, and a win on tv against the at the time IC champ Barrett, bo Dallas had a feud to run. With, but it seems he just completely disappeared rose anybody know why this happened, or if its likely to get another push..

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Bo Dallas? Empty Re: Bo Dallas?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 27 Apr 2013, 7:53 pm

He's back in nxt, he had a match with Barrett on the show this week actually, I'm not a huge fan tbh, he has lower mid card written all over him, his brother has much more potential Imo

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Sat 27 Apr 2013, 8:14 pm

I'm with House on this one, I haven't been impressed by him at all, I can't think of any gimmick he could pull off other than 'plucky teenage weasel'.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 27 Apr 2013, 8:49 pm

It looked like they tried to give him his 1-2-3 kid moment but couldnt be bothered to go anywhere with it. To be fair to him hes only 22. He'd be quite a good lower card face even now, hes got a look it would be hard not to support, the plucky thing works well. In years to come he could beef up quite a lot too. Least he could do in the near future is join a stable or tag team.

Could very well be the guy to have an early feud with his brother on TV.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 28 Apr 2013, 7:42 am

I just find Dallas vanilla, I'm yet to see much personality or charisma from him, he looks relatively talented in the ring and taking into account who his father is he'll get a decent crack of the wip in the wwe. As far as his brother goes the sky's the limit in my opinion.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sun 28 Apr 2013, 8:23 am

I agree his brother is the star, what I don't understand is, if wwe were never going to go anywhere with his rumble stint, why bother with him at all, and why not give someone else the opportunity in the rumble.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 28 Apr 2013, 1:33 pm

I don't think it was ever supposed to lead to Bo Dallas becoming a full time member of the roster or getting a push, I have a feeling it was just to reinforce the idea that "anything can happen" and put NXT over as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 28 Apr 2013, 1:55 pm

I've got no idea why so many rated him so highly in the first place, he's the definition of generic, decent enough worker but is as bland as boiled rice

As for trying to emulate the 123 Kid, I'm not so sure, anyone who thought that backstage should have been sacked, Sean Waltman was one of the most talented kids in America back in 93

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 28 Apr 2013, 1:57 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I've got no idea why so many rated him so highly in the first place, he's the definition of generic, decent enough worker but is as bland as boiled rice

Did anybody actually rate him? I liked the story, wasn't particularly fussed about who it was. I think they picked him as he looked the underdog. There was no point using somebody like Big E.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 28 Apr 2013, 2:14 pm

I remember the plenty on the board talking him up don't you?

Who said they had to use Big E or someone like him? Sean Waltman didn't look like the Ultimate Warrior when he was given that kind of opportunity, I really don't understand the logic in giving anyone TV time who is so bland regardless of the story, the whole point is to entice the viewer to keep tuning in, I'm sure there is loads of guys in NXT who would have been better suited to that role than Bo Dallas and could have used it for future reference...I'm a big fan of Corey Graves

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 28 Apr 2013, 3:15 pm

I could see him working well in a tag team but he just doesn't seem to have anything about him...his brother though...he's in my top 5 and he's not even on the main roster.

If they play their cards right with Bray Wyatt, send him up without any changes and just hand him the mic I can see him being a top heel in the next few years.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 28 Apr 2013, 4:36 pm

Theres many people on NXT who are far better, but Bo Dallas does come over very well as looking like the complete plucky underdog. Skinny, young, good heritage, easily likeable babyface. Again, hes only 22, theres time for him to grow and mature a lot more

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:12 am

Okay, Im going to be the first to ask the silly questions:

Who is his brother?
Who is his father?

Thanks.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 29 Apr 2013, 9:31 am

His brother is Bray Wyatt, his dad is Irwin R Schyster and his uncle's are the Windhams. (Bray Wyatt's real name is Windham Rotunda - fun facts for you there).

His granddad was a wrestler too I believe.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:12 am

And is Bray Wyatt the one we used to know as Huskey Harris?

Also is there relationship mention by the WWE?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:21 am

Yes Wyatt was huskey Harris their father was IRS, I don't believe the brothers have been promoted as such to date.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:38 am

They were for a bit I think, I'm pretty sure they were FCW Tag Team Champions together.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:44 am

They would make a doog tag team IMO. 2 brothere, little and large, I reckon they could get over as faces.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:48 am

I really hope that Bray Wyatt's current gimmick is what he uses when making his TV debut. He has got the creepy cult leader act nailed - and The Wyatt Family's entrance music is really creepy (in a good way).

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Mon 29 Apr 2013, 10:54 am

Could Bo Dallas work in The Wyatt Family? he'd be a nice contrast to the other two members.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 29 Apr 2013, 11:27 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:They would make a doog tag team IMO. 2 brothere, little and large, I reckon they could get over as faces.

I should really spell check my posts before submitting them picard

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:07 pm

I didn't know that crimey but didn't follow FCW to closely tbf.

Totally agree on Wyatt keeping this gimmick when he makes the step up, it works so well and is very different to anything else on offer currently. Not sure weather Dallas could fit into the stable tbh he's a plucky underdog type character at best, a deranged follower gimmick wouldn't suit him and IMHO he doesn't have the personality to pull it off.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:10 pm

One thing I will say about Dallas is that he reminds me of Cody Rhodes when he first entered WWE, that's very much a backhanded compliment but Cody has grown immesursbly since he first debuted and It's not impossible Dallas (or any other wrestler) could do the same

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:20 pm

That's a really good comparassion doc, Cody was very 'raw' when he debuted but his runs with priceless and legacy helped him come on a lot. He showed a lot of character portraying the disfigured angle and its not out of the realms of possibility that Bo couldn't evolve along similar lines.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

Enforcer wrote:I really hope that Bray Wyatt's current gimmick is what he uses when making his TV debut. He has got the creepy cult leader act nailed - and The Wyatt Family's entrance music is really creepy (in a good way).

This! I hope they take The Wyatt Family up with him as well even if it's just to walk him to the ring or to be in video promo's but the state the tag scene is in they could easily fit in and start having some good matches...the whole group just works so well.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 29 Apr 2013, 1:35 pm

MtotheC wrote:I didn't know that crimey but didn't follow FCW to closely tbf.

Totally agree on Wyatt keeping this gimmick when he makes the step up, it works so well and is very different to anything else on offer currently. Not sure weather Dallas could fit into the stable tbh he's a plucky underdog type character at best, a deranged follower gimmick wouldn't suit him and IMHO he doesn't have the personality to pull it off.

I think it could possibly work if they mention the brotherly relationship, as they could go along the lines of the big brother influencing the little one. Dallas wouldn't need to have that much of a personality as he'd be just a drone-come-reluctant member.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 29 Apr 2013, 2:37 pm

Bray Wyatt is brilliant, I love his character, a total rip off of Waylon Mercy but that's good because he Diesel injured him before he could really do anything with that character, could have been huge tho in 1995

As for the comparison to Cody Rhodes for Bo...I'd say that's a pretty good comprison, I remember seeing Cody in 2007 and thought he was the worst looking pro Wrestler I'd ever seen

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down