The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price v Tom Dallas!

+21
WelshDevilRob
Lumbering_Jack
ian_jamsie
Sugar Boy Sweetie
KO-KING
wow_junky
Benelio
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
Young_Towzer
coxy0001
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
eddyfightfan
Marky
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Dinamita
FRAZZLE_McDAZZLE
azania
northender2009
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Ronikara
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

David Price v Tom Dallas! Empty David Price v Tom Dallas!

Post by Ronikara Tue 07 Jun 2011, 11:54 pm

Disappointed for Big John, he deserved his shot in a British Title eliminator, but what a fight we have instead! I have to say, I know they are stablemates, and I know they spar all the time, and that Price beat Dallas in the amatuers and Frank Maloney should know his fighters better than us but I think Tom Dallas is going to pull off the upset here.

Price seems like a nice enough guy, but I still can't get the image of him being iced in the Olympic semis out of my head and it is significant that he has been matched ridiculously lightly by Maloney, and has yet to take a single solid punch to the head from a decent puncher. I rated John as the first big test of Price's career, and now it is Tom Dallas who is going to fulfil that role. And whatever critics Dallas has, he is definitely a puncher. Dallas to win by knock out. Does anyone agree?

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

David Price v Tom Dallas! Empty Re: David Price v Tom Dallas!

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:04 am

Do you have the link for price getting KOed in the semis?

Anyway I see price beating him handily. Shame John couldn't make it, he deserved it after the parry win. I hope their friendship doesn't get involved in this as it could be a very good fight. I rank both of these above fury anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:13 am

Sorry fella, couldn't find it. But I remember at the time thinking it was pretty brutal, and I don't think it lasted more than 30 seconds. Price is definitely more skilful, and has decent power himself but if that semi was an indicator, I think he is chinny esp as they wear lighter gloves in the pros.

Got to disagree with you about Fury. He blows hot and cold, and he needs to improve his fitness but on his day, I think he is a real handful and there are glimpses of something a bit special. I would back him to beat Chisora or Price. The great thing with all of these fights finally happening is we are going to find out one way or another, rather than wondering what if.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by northender2009 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:48 am

is this fight still an eliminator ?

northender2009

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:56 am

Ronikara wrote:Sorry fella, couldn't find it. But I remember at the time thinking it was pretty brutal, and I don't think it lasted more than 30 seconds. Price is definitely more skilful, and has decent power himself but if that semi was an indicator, I think he is chinny esp as they wear lighter gloves in the pros.

Got to disagree with you about Fury. He blows hot and cold, and he needs to improve his fitness but on his day, I think he is a real handful and there are glimpses of something a bit special. I would back him to beat Chisora or Price. The great thing with all of these fights finally happening is we are going to find out one way or another, rather than wondering what if.

Where?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by northender2009 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:37 am

i think price is too fast and hits too hard for anyone at british title level, davide haye spoke very highly of him after sparring this week, does anyone know if the dallas fight is an eliminator

northender2009

Back to top Go down

Post by FRAZZLE_McDAZZLE Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:08 am

I filmed them sparring late last year for Frankmaloney.com. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSEuUOjpdYc

FRAZZLE_McDAZZLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinamita Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:02 am

I think this is a genuine 50/50 match up. I wasn't too impressed with Dallas against Page although Dallas' opposition has been better than Price's offerings...

Should be a good tear up :-)

Dinamita

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:03 am

Northender - yes this is still an eliminator.

Azania - The battering Fury gave Daniil Peret in his 3rd fight, a guy Chisora failed to stop in 2 attempts, the demolition job Fury did in the rematch against John McDermott and in his last fight against the crude but ambitious and powerful Brazillian Nascimento. Even in Fury's first fight against McDermott, where he should have dropped a decision, he showed a lot of heart and no sign of giving up even though things weren't going his way, and were much harder than expected. Thats a quality you want to see in a prospect. I just think the first fight against Mcdermott gave Fury the wake up call he needed, and with his talent I expect him to emerge as the pick of the british heavyweight prospects.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:40 pm

Ronikara wrote:Disappointed for Big John, he deserved his shot in a British Title eliminator, but what a fight we have instead! I have to say, I know they are stablemates, and I know they spar all the time, and that Price beat Dallas in the amatuers and Frank Maloney should know his fighters better than us but I think Tom Dallas is going to pull off the upset here.

Price seems like a nice enough guy, but I still can't get the image of him being iced in the Olympic semis out of my head and it is significant that he has been matched ridiculously lightly by Maloney, and has yet to take a single solid punch to the head from a decent puncher. I rated John as the first big test of Price's career, and now it is Tom Dallas who is going to fulfil that role. And whatever critics Dallas has, he is definitely a puncher. Dallas to win by knock out. Does anyone agree?

I've seen them both sparrings so they are pretty comfortable in the ring with each other.

But cannot see Tom winning in any scenerio. Price will beat him pretty convincingly

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:44 pm

Ronikara wrote:Price is definitely more skilful, and has decent power himself.

Decent power

Watch the Raphael Butler fight and listen to the sound of the thud after the straight right he puts him down with.

Thats not decent power, thats a lot of power.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by northender2009 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:24 pm

looks like it isnt an eliminator the winner faces mcdermott in oct in an eliminator so in effect its a step back for pricey, had he beaten mcdermot on saturday he would have been no 1 contender wich is not the case if he beats dallas. at least he has got an opponent. hope mcdermotts throat is better by october !

northender2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:11 am

Tom Dallas was easily outpointed by Zack Page in his last fight, and only an inept referee awarded the fight to Dallas, so looking at it like that Tom Dallas shouldn't even be in this fight!

But he is in the fight, and he'll need to improve dramatically from the Page fight if he is going to do anything of note against Price.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:30 pm

does anybody know what happened to sam sexton? there seems to be alot of british hw's mia.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 09 Jun 2011, 3:35 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:does anybody know what happened to sam sexton? there seems to be alot of british hw's mia.

He's taken up drawingboard writing lessons at the University of Audley Harrison
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 4:42 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:does anybody know what happened to sam sexton? there seems to be alot of british hw's mia.

Talking of m.i.a's - Has Windy had a nervous breakdown after earlier? Not seen him on the board since he gave it his Victor Meldrew warning earlier......

Hope the old guy's ok!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

Sorry fella, couldn't find it. But I remember at the time thinking it was pretty brutal, and I don't think it lasted more than 30 seconds. Price is definitely more skilful, and has decent power himself but if that semi was an indicator, I think he is chinny esp as they wear lighter gloves in the pros.
who knocked him out? does anyone remember Tyson Fury and Price arguing and Fury saying as soon as he gets hit on the tash in his r kes voice haha quality

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:15 pm

The classy Italian Roberto Camarelle

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:16 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Talking of m.i.a's - Has Windy had a nervous breakdown after earlier? Not seen him on the board since he gave it his Victor Meldrew warning earlier......

Hope the old guy's ok!

Fit enough to kick your backside, which you will know, by now.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Thu 09 Jun 2011, 5:34 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:

He's taken up drawingboard writing lessons at the University of Audley Harrison

Sexton is fighting a TBC on the Murray/Mitchell undercard.

He was meant to be fighting after the groves/degale fight (would have been before if the card wasn't running a bit late), but too many fights were breaking out in the crowd and they had to close the venue a little early.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Thu 09 Jun 2011, 9:19 pm

Price should win this at a canter, far too much skillz for Dallas

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by northender2009 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 11:10 pm

to be fair to price, camarelle had won bronze in the athens olympics and stayed amateur for another 4 years as he is well paid by the italian police so in effect he was an pro boxing in amateur circles by the time beijing olympics came around and was a bridge too far for anyone in the amateur world at that time, lets not forget price stopped world no 1 tmurziev in his first fight in beijing, would have been interesting to see how camarelle would have fared had he turned pro.

northender2009

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Fri 10 Jun 2011, 9:07 am

i get the feeling most of you guys would advise against me betting on Price?

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 10 Jun 2011, 9:19 am

naw im backing price

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 10 Jun 2011, 9:59 am

The only thing special about that clumsy oaf Fury is his fancy eye catching name. If he were called Bob Smith nobody would give two hoots about him. He's tall and rangy but has no jab and doesn't utilise his size, is not a huge puncher and his conditioning is woeful. McDermott completely outboxed him first time round which is extremely worrying. I think Chisora will beat Fury - he has decent upper body movement and throws good combo's, has a higher workrate and better stamina than Fury. Fury has a good chin but I fancy chisora to school him a bit and take a decision.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Sat 11 Jun 2011, 1:59 pm

I'm a bit worried about my Tom Dallas prediction here fellas, the noises from the camp just aren't great. Did anyone see Ringside? Dallas looked a man beaten by the hype surrounding Price and a worried fighter, and now his manager has come out and said he is not ready for a 10 round fight and needs to end it early to have a hope.

I still think Price is chinny and a hungry and determined Dallas would certainly test that, even on short notice. I just hope he shows a bit of belief tonight otherwise a competitive contest might just flop, and that has happened far too often to Price through no fault of his own.

I'm getting a bit of stick (all good fun) about the Fury prediction but I'm standing by that. I just hope I've seen something that you lot havent because otherwise I'm going to get a serious amount if I told you sos coming my way!

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

The only thing special about that clumsy oaf Fury is his fancy eye catching name.
ABA Champ, former GB international, has done everything asked as a pro and wants the Chisora fight more than Chisora. Also a funny, entertaining guy, i think that's why he's a decent name and prospect tbh. Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

I think Tyson Fury would wipe the floor with David Price within 3 rounds, as Fury said once he gets hit on the tash he will go, a nice lad but not in Tyson's league as a pro imo. I mean the guy has fought bouncers and labourers since turning pro.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sat 11 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

Tom Dallas lost last time out. Price is well schooled and has a decent set of skills. If he had a chin I'd back him all the way.

Dallas may win via a lucky punch, but I doubt it.

Easy day at the office for Price.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 11 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

I agree that Dallas looks like a man already beaten. He was far too happy admitting how price deserved to be favourite. His voice though is quite monotone and previous interviews e seems the same everytime so it may be nothing. I have seen the sparring sessions and despite the boxers staing them as wars, price looks alot better than dallas. Dallas is tall and priceakes him look tiny. Price is a class above Dallas atm, and I think Dallas knows that. He should be brimming as price is chinny and he has good power. Maybe price can walk through dallas' power without shaking him up much. It could be very entertainig and also very quickly.

I still can't see whats special about fury. I saw him versus Zach page, and despite dominating the fight, he was getting caught by jabs all night. Fury needs too improve drastically to make any impact on the heavyweight scene. His CV is also very weak, bar McDermott who should have one their first fight, e has no-one on his record of notice. Price is also unproven but has had less fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 3:42 pm

Tom Dallas lost last time out.
/////////////
He never, he won.
Robin Reid imo beat Calzaghe, but lost
Hopkins imo beat Calzaghe, but lost
McDermott imo beat Fury, but lost
The books will read WON for the fighter who got the nod off the judges/ref.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Sat 11 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

WHU - I agree that Dallas lost against Page, but I try not to draw too many conclusions from that. Its not like he got beaten up, Page showed the kind of head and foot movement that Dallas will virtually never face as a Heavyweight so that could just be a nice wake up call to prevent complacency. Unfortunately, he's reacting badly and looks shot of any confidence. His voice was trembling and his eyes just made it obvious how nervous he was.

We all agree Fury should have dropped the decision in the first fight with McDermott. But what I like about Tyson is, unlike Degale would have done if he had got the decision against Groves, he treated it as a proper wake up call. Tyson realised how much he needed to improve and demolished big John in the second fight from start to finish. Generallly speaking, he has maintained that momentum, as we saw in his last fight against Nascimento. A Tyson Fury in that kind of mood is a hard night's work for any of the current prospects.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 5:21 pm

We all agree Fury should have dropped the decision in the first fight with McDermott. But what I like about Tyson is, unlike Degale would have done if he had got the decision against Groves, he treated it as a proper wake up call. Tyson realised how much he needed to improve and demolished big John in the second fight from start to finish. Generallly speaking, he has maintained that momentum, as we saw in his last fight against Nascimento. A Tyson Fury in that kind of mood is a hard night's work for any of the current prospects.
I must be 1 of 2 people who rate Fury lol, i was at the Nascimento fight in february, he was good that night Tyson, and he is an improved fighter, he may well not be built like Haye, but neither's Chisora, and he's good as well. I think Fury has a good mentality as well, he wants to fight everyone, he may well have a big mouth but he seems level headed

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 11 Jun 2011, 5:54 pm

Each time you put 'lol' are you actually laughing out loud because you seem to say it all the time and invariably what you've just written is never funny

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 11 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Each time you put 'lol' are you actually laughing out loud because you seem to say it all the time and invariably what you've just written is never funny
LOL

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 11 Jun 2011, 6:25 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Each time you put 'lol' are you actually laughing out loud because you seem to say it all the time and invariably what you've just written is never funny

Haha, that deserves a LOL

But seriously though, I can't see anything special about tysons work. He fights like a English version of valuev. He hits alright, but it took him plenty of rights to get his last opponent out. Hens improving, but it looks too easily to get under his jab.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat 11 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

Each time you put 'lol' are you actually laughing out loud because you seem to say it all the time and invariably what you've just written is never funny
lol not to worry, lol.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Sat 11 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

Good domestic match-up between two young prospects. Really happy this fight is happening.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:30 am

Young_Towzer wrote:Tom Dallas lost last time out.
/////////////
He never, he won.
Robin Reid imo beat Calzaghe, but lost
Hopkins imo beat Calzaghe, but lost
McDermott imo beat Fury, but lost
The books will read WON for the fighter who got the nod off the judges/ref.

The punch stats backed up Fury's and Calzaghe's 2 wins, whatever your opinion.

It was a choice between volume and quality.

Last time Dallas was out he lost on both fronts.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ronikara Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:02 am

Well I got that 1 wrong! Fair play to Dallas tho. In the build up, I got the feeling he was scared but last night he showed up, gave it a real go and unlike Price's previous opponents, actually threw a lot of punches.

All credit to Price for not taking any clean shots. I have clearly underestimated the skills and defence of David Price. Admittedly, Dallas can be a bit predictable and doesn't have the greatest hand speed. Unfortunately, this still leaves my questions about Price's chin unanswered. Hopefully we will learn more against McDermott.

For all the talk about about Price being a Wlad clone, he actually shows a far greater variety in his punching arsenal, and Glenn McCrory was right to highlight the body punching in particular. However, Wlad's (sometimes boring) combination of Jab/Hold/Occasional right hand over the top allows Wlad to keep his head back and chin out of reach. I just wonder if Price's commendable ambition to throw a greater variety of punches will leave his chin more exposed than Wlad's against guys who are faster or more unpredictable. Good luck to him however, he went up in my book last night.

Ronikara

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:59 am

Price has one of the best jabs at the weight, its a shame if he's as chinny as we are all assuming from his amateur days, because he's a well skilled boxer, good athlete, with power and size to trouble anyone.

Should make his career an exciting one if he can be better matched.

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:30 pm

What a right hand for the KO. I know they're not the highest level of heavyweights, but fights like that at least give a hope that the British domestic heavyweight scene can be fun to watch.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

Price does well have a good jab, he is chinny though, did anyone see him get badly, badly wobbled by that roadsweeper, who hit him after the referee had called break or something?. His jab is the best i've seen though

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

hmmm, i cannot get behind a heavyweight with a style like prices, we already have 2 very tall, jabbers with a safety firsy attitude and it does not make for great entertainment.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:17 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_DYLbOgvLI

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 12 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

ROFL

Good fight - lot will depend on whether Dallas can work on the inside and whether he can get inside Price's jab. Price will probably start as favorite, however.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sun 12 Jun 2011, 3:24 pm

ROFL

Good fight - lot will depend on whether Dallas can work on the inside and whether he can get inside Price's jab. Price will probably start as favorite, however.
LMFAO

Price v Chisora/Fury will be interesting

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 12 Jun 2011, 4:53 pm

Agreed YT.

I haven't been as excited about a domestic fight as about Chisora/Fury for a long time.

The loser of Chisora-Fury and Price/Dallas would be an interesting matchup as well.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 12 Jun 2011, 9:44 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:hmmm, i cannot get behind a heavyweight with a style like prices, we already have 2 very tall, jabbers with a safety firsy attitude and it does not make for great entertainment.

If I was to describe David Price, although it's accurate in a sense, I'm not sure very tall jabber with a safety first attitude would be the first thing I'd say.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by northender2009 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:42 am

you could also add a sledgehammer right hand to the previous post

northender2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next