The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price fight off - Dec 6th

+10
horizontalhero
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
catchweight
Strongback
22-2
trottb
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

David Price fight off - Dec 6th Empty David Price fight off - Dec 6th

Post by Adam D Mon 01 Dec 2014, 4:06 pm

Price has pulled out with a bicep injury.

Apparently not serious and he will be okay a few weeks later.

Still beats David Haye mind you.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

David Price fight off - Dec 6th Empty Re: David Price fight off - Dec 6th

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 4:21 pm

Apparently there is a guy in deepest Bognor....

That gives a toss..

What a joke.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 11:22 am

The most irrelevant man in British boxing. Funny how that goes in a year. David Price is the most mismatched and badly handled HW out there. Solis comes close and Thompson over the years. He needs to be put in with a puncher next year so we can have him retire. Audley be a good fight too mind, in fact, that I'd love to see.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 11:51 am

Why would you want Price to retire? Hardly like the heavyweight division is blessed with talent at the moment, at least he brings knock out power. I'm sure if he was to face Fury then people would be cheering him on.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 11:54 am

Fury would destroy him, and in Germany they clap more than they cheer.

Price is going backwards at an alarming rate, the HW division is actually moving forwards for once, he is irrelevant and fighting worse opposition now than he was two years ago. And he has zero chin and bottles it. I like him as a man, but a boxer he is Audley with a punch.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:01 pm

Two years ago he fought Skelton and Harrison, his last two fights have been against Pala and Zavorotyni. There's not that much between those four fighters, his most recent two opponents are certainly better than Audley.

His chin isn't the best, however against Pala he showed he can be dropped, get up and win. Can't fault a guy who does that either, and regarding the Fury fight it's who lands first in my opinion. Fury hasn't "destroyed" anyone besides a Chisora who was scared to throw a punch before he even got in the ring.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:26 pm

Hampo getting chinned by a glorified cab driver is not a positive.

Fury would dismantle him. Is 'dismantle' okay?

He would, Price is lacking mentally, in that regard he's as bad as Audley, except instead of freeze he panics. Regardless, top tier opposition or anything near it KO him IMO. The result will always be the same.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:29 pm

Again, what have you seen that makes you say Fury dismantles him? I've seen enough of Fury to know that you never know who will turn up, and dismantling or destroying a Chisora who was scared to throw a punch doesn't mean he's suddenly a world class fighter. I actually think Fury would be wanting to knock Price out and leave himself open, making it a very interesting fight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:31 pm

Price has no intuition.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

Interesting yes, I don't find Price dull, but, I didn't find scrap iron ryan dull either. You see my point.

Fury boxed southpaw for 10 rounds against Derek and took away his best shot. That was impressive. Price has thrown one two combo's and KO'd old men, hardly the same.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:40 pm

Fury boxed southpaw against a man who didn't throw a punch for 10 rounds, when you put it like that it's not that impressive. Had he done it under pressure for 10 rounds it would be, when in effect all he did was do 10 rounds against a moving punch bag.

I like Fury, but you have to take into account just how poor and average Chisora was in the fight before calling it impressive.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:44 pm

Defo and also consider why Derek didn't throw his best punch? I mean was it because Fury took it away with a southpaw stance and jabs he didn't miss much with (see Derek's face) or because DC didn't throw?

Context is everything.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:47 pm

It's because Chisora didn't have it in him, having spoken to Don Charles on several occasions for the podcast we ran previously when he says that something about Chisora felt off during the ringwalks you can take that as the truth, so much so that he has admitted that both he and Chisora are now considering retiring.

As I said, had Chisora actually came out for a few rounds and pressured Fury, only for Fury to use the southpaw stance and take all of that away then I'd give him a lot more credit.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

Throwing in the inside knowledge. DC is a fighter, and always game, no one has done that to him, and when punched in the face DC always fires back. Yes, he looked shot, but he threw, got the Punch Stats to hand?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:56 pm

Nothing to do with inside knowledge, Charles gave an interview in the last day or so and said that he felt something was wrong and after that fight they are considering retirement. He is now questioning whether he actually belongs at this level of boxing.

Here's the interview, was given on Bunceys podcast. http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/story/375059.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm

This is not new, how many trainers say this stuff after a fight? come on, poor argument, but respect for the interview access sir.

This attitude annoys me as Don Charles picks the moment he couldn't cancel the fight as his clarity on DC being 'not right'. That's BS, the man saw him every day through two camps leading up to this. That's the time to notice and consider retirement.

He is either lying or wanted a pay day and again, lying.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue 02 Dec 2014, 1:01 pm

With all respect though, Hampo. It's hardly the first time that a trainer/fighter has come out with an excuse, after losing a fight.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 1:06 pm

I don't disagree that many say it, I would however use my experience of talking to him numerous times to believe what he is saying. I've said it before, if you can give me evidence that Fury could go southpaw under pressure for ten rounds then he deserves credit, if not then he doesn't as he's done nothing he couldn't on a punching bag.

As I said earlier, if you are so certain that he destroys Price, then point me to a fight where he has destroyed someone who was willing to punch back thumbsup

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 22-2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 1:59 pm

He destroyed Cunningham who was certainly giving him a good fight...

22-2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 2:05 pm

Exactly, and he fought southpaw in that fight for long periods. Point proven.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 02 Dec 2014, 2:12 pm

He didnt destroy Cunningham, he beat him with what some class an illegal punch, after getting splattered himself.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 22-2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 2:17 pm

Definitely destroyed him, the man couldn't get up

22-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Dec 2014, 2:18 pm

Any half smart boxer who boxes a southpaw and one as technically inept as Fury will find success with the straight right hand down the pipe. Price felled Tom Dallas with the same shot and all but ended his career. Fury tries that switch hitting bulls**t with Price and he gets his head taken clean off his shoulders.

Price isn't the greatest HW around but he has enough in his arsenal to beat Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 02 Dec 2014, 2:25 pm

The Fury hate knows no bounds.

I've watch Price's last couple of fights and he has been afraid of his own shadow. The days of him charging in throwing big shots are over.

Fury v Price would be a tentative affair with Fury being favourite based on recent form.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 02 Dec 2014, 2:26 pm

Nope he didn't, he beat him. Pac against Algieri was a destruction. Joshua against skelton was a destruction.

Fury against Cunningham, was one poor heavyweight beating a half decent cruiserweight but tiny heavyweight.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 3:18 pm

Comparing Skelton to Cuningham is like comparing Skelton to Cuningham -- ridiculous.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm

Saying Fury destroyed Cunningham is ridiculous.

What Joshua did to Skelton can be described as destruction

What Fury did to Cunningham can be described as
a. a lucky punch
b. an illegal punch (didn't realise you were allowed to grab someone round the neck)
c. beat a much smaller man that nearly wiped him out.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:28 pm

What would happen if that Cunningham fought that Skelton?

Destroying a slurry, completely shot old man who hasn't had a decent win or been active in forever vs beating a younger, hungry and able world class cruiser/ HW (see, I admit he is small at the weight) in his own backyard with brother Naz in his corner is so obviously a better win for Fury. Jeeze man, you are talking like Skelton actually had one single attribute in his favor. How can he old man AJ when he is incapable of moving, punchbags have more movement than Matt Skelton. The guy is a corpse in the ring (not literally, I mean in terms of movement). Jeeze Lousie.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:30 pm

Fury is one of the top heavyweights out there. His boxing skills are underrated.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm

Cunnigham was a world level Cruiserweight many years ago but at no point could you ever call him a world class fighter let alone a world class Heavyweight, it's not exactly a good win struggling so much against him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm

I didn't realise beating a smaller fighter with an illegal shot/forearm combo is what the cool kids do nowadays.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:39 pm

Fury is the truth and anyone who thinks differently really has little knowledge about boxing. His talents and adaptive reactive abilities are plain to see. I cannot convince fools of his potential, you simply have to see it.

AJ could be the truth but not once has had to adapt in ten fights. Not once. It's A B C boxing minus the B & C: fact.

Fury outboxes Chisora with a jab, you call him shot and the fight dull. He fights southpaw you criticize him again. He uses old man tricks (leaning with the elbow to disguise the punch) and he's a cheat. He shows athleticism and you say the other guy was a can. He can't win yet remains 100% undefeated. Typical. He beat Derek before he was shot and after he was shot, by the way. Wait, they were both young and fat then, I get it. Fury achieved more in ten fights than AJ because the fighters he fought weren't complete cans incapable of catching him: fact.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:40 pm

I'm not, i'm just pointing out that Fury did not destroy Cunningham and may (in some peoples eyes) actually have been lucky not to have been disqualified.

After 10 fights, was Fury destroying people like AJ, I don't think so.

BTW I think Strongy had a good point, on the other thread, the Hearns want to be careful they don't push him too hard or the good will will turn to resentment.

*Can someone confirm this is Az or is it a D4 alternative account

Last edited by Derbymanc on Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:42 pm

And he's 6'9, so they are all going to be smaller. How small is AJ? oh yeah I forgot, he isn't small at all is he. I mean Skelton was a lanky beast right? Tall and ripped like Drone 2, oh wait... this is vulgar talk from you lot. VULGAR.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:43 pm

AJ isn't being pushed he's been tickled and manufactured, praised and patted on the back. Until he fights someone of ability who is his own size and not just looking for the name drop, he is a novice completely, KJ is not a real test. He's a real name. FACT.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:46 pm

So was Cunningham not a small heavyweight then?
Isn't he also a light puncher (for a heavyweight)?
Shouldn't superstar Fury be fighting some better calibre of opposition instead of just British/Euro level?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:48 pm

Who's the new village idiot?

Fact of the matter is that Fury should have two losses on his record but has been the beneficiary of a disgraceful decision and a referee who didn't have the balls to disqualify him. After 10 fights Fury had fought absolutely nobody apart from himself.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:51 pm

DDGO2 wrote:Fury is the truth and anyone who thinks differently really has little knowledge about boxing. His talents and adaptive reactive abilities are plain to see. I cannot convince fools of his potential, you simply have to see it.

AJ could be the truth but not once has had to adapt in ten fights. Not once. It's A B C boxing minus the B & C: fact.

Fury outboxes Chisora with a jab, you call him shot and the fight dull. He fights southpaw you criticize him again. He uses old man tricks (leaning with the elbow to disguise the punch) and he's a cheat. He shows athleticism and you say the other guy was a can. He can't win yet remains 100% undefeated. Typical. He beat Derek before he was shot and after he was shot, by the way. Wait, they were both young and fat then, I get it. Fury achieved more in ten fights than AJ because the fighters he fought weren't complete cans incapable of catching him: fact.

Are you Fury's dad? The truth is that ihe is a poor heavyweight in an even poorer heavyweight division. His talents are few, technical inept.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:52 pm

Derbymanc wrote:So was Cunningham not a small heavyweight then?
Isn't he also a light puncher (for a heavyweight)?
Shouldn't superstar Fury be fighting some better calibre of opposition instead of just British/Euro level?

He has signed to fight Haye, he is mandatory for Klitschko and Chisora was supposed to be world level until he became shot overnight. The rubbish spouted about him is funny. He is nothing particularly special but in this division of crap heavyweights he is one of top heavyweights.

By the way, he clearly fought with no discipline and reckless abandon against Cunningham. He was put down, got back up and finished him off. Illegal shot or not. The end was coming for Cunningham. He was being manhandled and he was knackered.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:58 pm

Winning with a clear foul shot is an insignificant factor, I should consider that in future.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:59 pm

You should when you are jacking Hopkins off anyways

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 8:59 pm

Mature as ever I see.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:02 pm

KJ is
not a real test. He's a real name. FACT

Anyone know what this particular pearl of wisdom means?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm

He was put down, got back up and finished him off. Illegal shot or not.

So we're to ignore illegal shots now, why not just have promotors favourite fill out the score cards too.

I'm not sure anyones said Chisora has ever been world class. And I'm pretty convinced that the 5mil that was on offer had some say in why he was going to fight Haye.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:09 pm

It means that the guy is a backdoor man, a sprinter, someone who is smaller, possess little power, DESIRE to TRY and win, a man who talks his way into fights and runs from them once in the ring. He is savvy, but he's not exactly a shadow is he? KJ will run and then when caught work his way out and run again, except, AJ is too quick, and once he is chinned a TKO type finish will take place. He wont hurt AJ, he wont be able to pressure him, his output is lower than B-Hops (and he's 50 bless his legendary soul). KJ is a good name though, someone Hearn can say, 'no ones done that to him before' but ultimately, he is a shot gatekeeper who has two guns with no bullets. Basically, he's firing blanks.

Enlightened enough my fickle friend?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:11 pm

Could you try repeating that in English?

It would be quite a statement if AJ knocked him out with ease something your dear old Tyson Fury was unable to do.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:11 pm

Derbymanc wrote:He was put down, got back up and finished him off. Illegal shot or not.

So we're to ignore illegal shots now, why not just have promotors favourite fill out the score cards too.

I'm not sure anyones said Chisora has ever been world class. And I'm pretty convinced that the 5mil that was on offer had some say in why he was going to fight Haye.

So what about Joshua illegal punch to an opponent who was on his knees?

Who cares what reasons Fury had for fighting Haye. You accused him of not facing top level names. He was signed to fight Haye twice. I call BS on you!

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:11 pm

You wanna talk illegal. Well, talk Klitscho v Povetkin. How many illegal leans were there in that fight? Huh? It was the most disgusting display of 'boxing' I have ever seen from a HW. It was wrestling, and the man should have been DQ'd in round one.

Defend that disaster, go on, defend the mighty king of the division and the tactics he uses against, 'smaller' men.

PATHETIC argument.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:12 pm

Fight one AJ swings for a guy who is out. Fight three or four the same. And recently he did it again. That's three inside ten fights against non opposition, go on, defend that BS.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 9:14 pm

Queens English Hammersmith gavner old pal? Can you even read? Wink

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next