The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price

+34
Nico the gman
hogey
JabMachineMK2
alfredperami
J.Benson II
Adam D
as1079
Union Cane
OasisBFC
superflyweight
Mind the windows Tino.
compelling and rich
SharkSoul
Mayweathers cellmate
Josef K.
Strongback
Knowsit17
manos de piedra
6oldenbhoy
John Bloody Wayne
Rowley
tunes666
TopHat24/7
sittingringside
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AlexHuckerby
Steffan
hampo17
monty junior
rycoys
Gordy
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

David Price Empty David Price

Post by Gordy Sun 20 May 2012 - 16:57

Ok so Sky are telling us we have a new all conquering heavyweight by the name of David Price. It seems like alot of people are being carried away by the hype so far. I think its quite embarrassing when people mention him in the same breath as Lennox Lewis, who outside of the great Ali was arguably the best heavyweight of all time.

But since then we have had a bunch of imposters well marketed by the media trying to convince us they are the next Lennox Lewis. Audley Harrison? David Haye? Ring any bells? Seems like we have been here before and Im suspicious Price is now simply the new Sky poster boy to try and hide the fact there are simply no good heavyweights around these days. Should we really get carried away? If he wins the world title then I will get excited. But until then I dont see any reason to be mentioning him alongside the likes of Lennox Lewis!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

David Price Empty Re: David Price

Post by rycoys Sun 20 May 2012 - 17:06

dont think anyone is getting carried away , he looks good so why shouldent the press and public take an intrest ? and i dont think anyone compares him to lewis ! or anyone mentioned haye in the same breath as lewis ! but we cant hang to lewis forever , haye is world class audley is not and price looks very promising and looks a [proper ] heavywieght but lewis is a one off ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 20 May 2012 - 17:28

Barry McGuigan basically saying that the Klitschko's will try and avoid him after knocking out a feather fisted, chinny British domestic fighter. I hope they bring him through properly, but at what 28? already he's hardly young so you'd think the Klitschko fight could possibly happen next Autumm if he beats a few good european heavyweights.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 May 2012 - 17:37

28 isn't old for a heavyweight, and I wouldn't say Sexton is chinny. Only been down once I think before last night.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 20 May 2012 - 17:41

I would say a domestic fight with David Haye is a possibility but ofcourse Haye only likes to fight English fighters he knows and he can beat and then give it the 'People keep asking me to knock him out so im doing it for them' nonsense like he did with Audley and Chisora

Not that Price would beat Haye ofcourse. Doubt he would beat Fury either

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:07

Think David Price looked exceptional last night so why not hype him up?

They're saying he could be on the road to becoming the next Lennox Lewis for this country, and it's a possibility, why not let your hair down and try and get a little excited, it's rather fun.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:23

Who on earth is Sam Sexton? Apparently he lost to that thug Chisora which tells you all you need to know about his ability. He certainly is no Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield that Lewis defeated. Genuine world class fighters. So I dont understand the fuss. We have been here before with the likes of Haye and Harrison and it seems Skys intention is to do the same with Price. Sure he looked good against Sam Sexton, but this is what Sky are doing! They are putting him in against sub standard opponents to fool people into thinking Price is the new big thing! But he hasnt done anything to warrant comparisons with Frank Bruno nevermind Lennox Lewis! Its typical of Sky to try and con people into thinking otherwise. Were we not told David Haye was the saviour of heavyweight boxing? Look at him now! Fighting freak show fights and brawling in public. Were we not supposed to believe it was Audley Harrisons destiny to win the world title? When these guys actually go out and do it I will get excited! But until then it has the same familiarity of Skys marketing ploy.......

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:24

Steffan wrote:

Not beat Fury Doh

I don't think Fury makes it out of the first, seriously though.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:28

Gordy wrote:Who on earth is Sam Sexton? Apparently he lost to that thug Chisora which tells you all you need to know about his ability. He certainly is no Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield that Lewis defeated. Genuine world class fighters. So I dont understand the fuss. We have been here before with the likes of Haye and Harrison and it seems Skys intention is to do the same with Price. Sure he looked good against Sam Sexton, but this is what Sky are doing! They are putting him in against sub standard opponents to fool people into thinking Price is the new big thing! But he hasnt done anything to warrant comparisons with Frank Bruno nevermind Lennox Lewis! Its typical of Sky to try and con people into thinking otherwise. Were we not told David Haye was the saviour of heavyweight boxing? Look at him now! Fighting freak show fights and brawling in public. Were we not supposed to believe it was Audley Harrisons destiny to win the world title? When these guys actually go out and do it I will get excited! But until then it has the same familiarity of Skys marketing ploy.......

Sexton gave Chisora a few problems early on in both fights. He just didn't have the fitness or application to keep Chis on the outside. Stop while out on his feet twice.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:32

I think if fury managed to stick to a game plan rather than just get drawn into a scrap then a fight between them could be competitive, would still fancy price by late ko.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:37

Gordy wrote:Who on earth is Sam Sexton? Apparently he lost to that thug Chisora which tells you all you need to know about his ability. He certainly is no Mike Tyson or Evander Holyfield that Lewis defeated. Genuine world class fighters. So I dont understand the fuss. We have been here before with the likes of Haye and Harrison and it seems Skys intention is to do the same with Price. Sure he looked good against Sam Sexton, but this is what Sky are doing! They are putting him in against sub standard opponents to fool people into thinking Price is the new big thing! But he hasnt done anything to warrant comparisons with Frank Bruno nevermind Lennox Lewis! Its typical of Sky to try and con people into thinking otherwise. Were we not told David Haye was the saviour of heavyweight boxing? Look at him now! Fighting freak show fights and brawling in public. Were we not supposed to believe it was Audley Harrisons destiny to win the world title? When these guys actually go out and do it I will get excited! But until then it has the same familiarity of Skys marketing ploy.......

Who was Lewis fighting after 12 fights? He is ahead of Lewis in terms of people he's fought at their respective stages of their careers.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:38

Listen properly to what they're saying

No-one has said he is as good as Lewis. They are saying that he has all the tools to make an impact in the heavyweight division and could replicate Lewis.

He has great natural talent and if he steps up and knocks off a klitschko then why can't he be named in the same breath off Lewis.

He himself says that he isn't ready atm and every person in boxing has said that in 18 months he will be at the world scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:45

azania wrote:

Who was Lewis fighting after 12 fights? He is ahead of Lewis in terms of people he's fought at their respective stages of their careers.

Er excuse me? Is this the same Lennox Lewis that won an Olympic gold medal? That became undisputed heavyweight world champion? That beat legends like Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield?

But I suppose beating the mighty Sam Sexton trumps all that!? Sky seem to have worked their magic again! Deary me...

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:47

Steffan wrote:I would say a domestic fight with David Haye is a possibility but ofcourse Haye only likes to fight English fighters he knows and he can beat and then give it the 'People keep asking me to knock him out so im doing it for them' nonsense like he did with Audley and Chisora

price wont beat haye but would ko fury with ease

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:51

Gordy wrote:
azania wrote:

Er excuse me? Is this the same Lennox Lewis that won an Olympic gold medal? That became undisputed heavyweight world champion? That beat legends like Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield?

But I suppose beating the mighty Sam Sexton trumps all that!? Sky seem to have worked their magic again! Deary me...

Audley Harrison won an Olympic gold medal, it means nothing in the pros. Did Lewis fight Tyson this early in his career? No compare careers side by side, not by looking at who a a true great fought throughout his whole career against someone who has only 13 fights.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 May 2012 - 18:57

Gordy wrote:
azania wrote:

Who was Lewis fighting after 12 fights?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sun 20 May 2012 - 19:06

Price looked cracking didn't he? He seems to have developed physically, which seems odd given his age, but he definately looks more solid and imposing than at the start of his career.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 May 2012 - 19:19

sittingringside wrote:Price looked cracking didn't he? He seems to have developed physically, which seems odd given his age, but he definately looks more solid and imposing than at the start of his career.

Think it may be a case of pushing himself harder and harder in training because he had a live opponent against him who could definitely cause him problems in Sexton, means that he has ended up looking more physically imposing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:09

Gordy wrote:
azania wrote:

Could you not read or understand what Az wrote or are/were you deliberately missing the point?

After 13 fights Lewis had the same number of ko wins (11) as Price and six of his opponents had racked up double figure losses compared to 4 of Prices. I'm not saying this makes Price as good as Lewis, or a barometer of how matched their careers will be, but please, leave the patronising to another forum (especially when you're not even any good at it).

At with respect to Price's amateur career, it was hardly shoddy either. No Olympic gold but a bronze plus a commonwealth gold and the youngest ABA super-heavy champ ever. He's not some mediocre pub brawler turning up for a payday, he's a heavyweight with some pedigree that takes his career seriously enough to turn up in better shape than 95% of HW boxers out there and has good fundamentals, what looks like true KO power and a physical presence that could make him one of the only challengers out there not to get pushed around by a Kbot.

He's taking things at a decent pace, beating domestic and hopefully soon moving on to Euro level fighters. Fair play to what seems like an affable bloke.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:12

hampo171 wrote:
Did Lewis fight Tyson this early in his career?

I dont buy that argument Lewis was also not at his best when he fought Tyson.. I think you can certainly say that Had Tyson and Lews fought at their best it would have been a closer contest, but I think Lewis would have still beat him. Allot of Tyson dropping I think was down to people knowing that you cant let him mow you down and also Tyson used to slow down allot once he received a few punches him self.. He had to get them out their quick..

I think Tyson can be regarded as a Great Champ who would have given any champ a hard fight, but he was also over rated I think.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:16

Regarding Price, with just a little bit more experience and maybe a couple fights where he is put under more pressure, I see him beating Haye.... unless price is reviled as having a iffy chin..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:23

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Gordy wrote:
azania wrote:

Could you not read or understand what Az wrote or are/were you deliberately missing the point?

After 13 fights Lewis had the same number of ko wins (11) as Price and six of his opponents had racked up double figure losses compared to 4 of Prices. I'm not saying this makes Price as good as Lewis, or a barometer of how matched their careers will be, but please, leave the patronising to another forum (especially when you're not even any good at it).

At with respect to Price's amateur career, it was hardly shoddy either. No Olympic gold but a bronze plus a commonwealth gold and the youngest ABA super-heavy champ ever. He's not some mediocre pub brawler turning up for a payday, he's a heavyweight with some pedigree that takes his career seriously enough to turn up in better shape than 95% of HW boxers out there and has good fundamentals, what looks like true KO power and a physical presence that could make him one of the only challengers out there not to get pushed around by a Kbot.

He's taking things at a decent pace, beating domestic and hopefully soon moving on to Euro level fighters. Fair play to what seems like an affable bloke.

Patronising? No. I am merely highlighting how too many people are quick to believe whatever Sky and the media say. Frankly, it is rather insulting to a great fighter like Lennox Lewis to be drawing comparisons with what looks to be Skys latest poster boy. There is no comparison. Lewis was one of the greatest boxers of all time. Price has beaten Sam Sexton (a man that lost to Chisora!). That is the difference and anyone who believes otherwise has basically been reeled in by Skys marketing team. Why should everyone believe Price is anything like Lewis? Especially when we have been told the same thing regarding Audley Harrison and David Haye? Price hasnt even managed to match a joker like Haye nevermind Lennox Lewis! Says it all really....

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:26

Gordy it is natural to look at the waves he's making and draw comparisons, it happens in every sport. If anything it puts more pressure on Price.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:32

hampo171 wrote:Gordy it is natural to look at the waves he's making and draw comparisons, it happens in every sport. If anything it puts more pressure on Price.

Not at all! When is the last time you have seen somebody like Stoke beat a team like Wolves and then be compared to the great European Cup winning sides like Madrid, Milan or Liverpool!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:35

Completely different mate, teams are rarely compared but players are. You often here footballers compared to legends. Scholes was often compared to Charlton in his younger days and Giggs with best, nobody knew how good they'd really be but it didn't stop the comparisons.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:39

So Gordy, who was Lewis fighting after 12 fights again?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:41

Gordy wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Gordy wrote:
azania wrote:

Patronising? No. I am merely highlighting how too many people are quick to believe whatever Sky and the media say. Frankly, it is rather insulting to a great fighter like Lennox Lewis to be drawing comparisons with what looks to be Skys latest poster boy. There is no comparison. Lewis was one of the greatest boxers of all time. Price has beaten Sam Sexton (a man that lost to Chisora!). That is the difference and anyone who believes otherwise has basically been reeled in by Skys marketing team. Why should everyone believe Price is anything like Lewis? Especially when we have been told the same thing regarding Audley Harrison and David Haye? Price hasnt even managed to match a joker like Haye nevermind Lennox Lewis! Says it all really....

Gordy you're coming across as a total WUM...

You're not taking into account what everyone is telling you and just spewing out the same thing.

You must take into account the fact that he has only taken 13 fights and the fact that Sky were saying it's only POSSIBLE for him to achieve what Lennox Lewis has achieved as right now he looks to be the real deal, but again they did say AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME.

Either your seeming loathing of Sky's Media Coverage is consuming you and not allowing you to see other possibilities and taking the most negative angle imaginable or you are just a WUM.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:46

hampo171 wrote:Completely different mate, teams are rarely compared but players are. You often here footballers compared to legends. Scholes was often compared to Charlton in his younger days and Giggs with best, nobody knew how good they'd really be but it didn't stop the comparisons.

Only after they had acheived similar success! Who was comparing Scholes to Charlton or Giggs to best after one or two seasons?

If Price goes on to become the heavyweight champion of the world, dominate for a decade like Lewis did and beat fighters of the class of Holyfield and Tyson then I would not object. But its not even close at the moment.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:50

@Gordy
Ok Sky may well be hyping Price but as a broadcastor that is there job, maybe some casual fans are believing it but the genuine boxing fan won't be fooled so easily. Boxing fans are able to make up there own minds about a fighter & at the moment many see Price as a decent British HW who seems to have good boxing fundamentals & reasonable power. So far he has done what is asked of him. I have seen his fights against Dallas & Mcdermot & thought he looked decent. Now I & I'm sure many others are not going to be screaming out here's the next Ali or the new Lennox Lewis but rightfully we are going to keep an eye on this guy & support him. In an era of badly conditioned HW's who seem to lack ambition as well as not having the best ability Price looks to be a breath of fresh air. I really can't see why you get so uptight about it all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:53

Price looked good last night and clinically dispatched a decent HW in Sefton. If Price is to make waves in the division it was exactly the kind of performance he needed. Sky may be getting carried away but the real reason for this is that they need to be seen to be condemning the Haye/Chisora fight. If that fight was on Sky, Adam Smith wouldn't be suggesting Price could beat Haye and neither would their paid mouthpieces McGuigan, McCrory and Nelson. It's hype born out of sour grapes.
I'd dearly love to see Price take on Fury as I think he does him inside three rounds, then move on to some Euro level fighters or a few American ex-Klitschko foes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 20 May 2012 - 20:55

Price would not beat Fury. Fury would win by late KO

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:01

Is someone trying to tell me a commercial entity with a vested interest in trying to gain as many subscribers as they can in an effort to maximise their profitability might try and convince me a fighter is better than he is or indeed is capable of being. Who would have thought them capable of such cunning. It is times like this I am glad you are around Gordy because there was a real danger of be falling for this hook line and sinker.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:05

So Gordy, who was Lewis fighting after 12 fights again?

Cheers

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:07

Fury has already been dropped and hurt by fighters who don't hit as hard as Price or have the skills to finish an opponent once hurt like Price does. Price has an all round better arsenal and more importantly, he actually wants to fight Fury whereas Fat Mick is content to have his boy binning titles in favour of the much heralded Irish HW crown. If Martin Rogan had pulled out, they'd have been begging Matthew Macklin to pile on the pounds such is the dearth of Irish HW talent....still, it's better than the Welsh crop. Price annihilated Scott Hammer in two and don't trying telling me different.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:08

Steffan wrote:Price would not beat Fury. Fury would win by late KO

Can't see it tbh. Price is better that him in every aspect. The question mark over price is his chin yet fury has as bad a chin. Price also beat him in the amateurs comfortably and although fury was young he doesn't look like he's progressed much imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:11

azania wrote:So Gordy, who was Lewis fighting after 12 fights again?

Cheers

Doesn't really matter as his name isn't David Price, nor being hyped to the max by the antichrist that is Sky tv, Ali aside is the greatest HW of all time & is quite possibly the second coming of Christ!

ps He also beat a washed up Mike Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:11

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:

Can't see it tbh. Price is better that him in every aspect. The question mark over price is his chin yet fury has as bad a chin. Price also beat him in the amateurs comfortably and although fury was young he doesn't look like he's progressed much imo

But Fury turned southpaw, which the channel five boxing team had never, ever seen before.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:24

Cheers

12th fight- Ossie Ocasio 22-9-1 losing his last 4 fights
13th fight- Mike Asey 11-4-1 winning one of his last 6

He's right, price is nowhere near the level Lewis was.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:29

Cheers

Yes, but you forget that Lewis beat "legends" such as Holyfield and Tyson. Don't fall into Sky's trap.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:35

rowley wrote:Is someone trying to tell me a commercial entity with a vested interest in trying to gain as many subscribers as they can in an effort to maximise their profitability might try and convince me a fighter is better than he is or indeed is capable of being. Who would have thought them capable of such cunning. It is times like this I am glad you are around Gordy because there was a real danger of be falling for this hook line and sinker.

Excellant!

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:42

I dont really think its all that relevant who Lewis was beating in his 12th fight with regards the comparison. Because the suggestion is he is being compared to Lewis as he is seen now, rather than Lewis after 12 fights. Otherwise Tyson Fury would be well on his way to being the greatest heavyweight of all time.

I am not too sure too many people are comparing Price to Lewis though. Maloney as far as I remember said he was the best hes seen in a British ring since Lewis. Most have the comparisons have been along those those lines.

He looks like a genuine world class prospect though and the only real faults and criticisms one can raise at the moment come from what we havent seen with him as opposed to what we have. With Fury, the opposite is almost the case.

My biggest concern is that Price will struggle to get fights that move him forward at a good pace. I cant see too many of the Euro ranked fighters or guys on the world picture wanting to face him unless they have to.

Probably not surprising after Harrison and more recently Haye that there will be the odd skeptic out there although Hayes singular heavyweight loss to Wlad does not mark him out as a complte failure in my view. Just more of a disappointing end to a fairly average heavyweight campaign that never really delivered what it promised.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:43

6oldenbhoy wrote:

Cheers

Yes, but you forget that Lewis beat "legends" such as Holyfield and Tyson. Don't fall into Sky's trap.

How could I forget, he's repeated it enough

If price beats Wlad (a big if) then that is a better win than Lewis beating Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 20 May 2012 - 21:44

Frankly, the Lewis comparison is embarrassing. Price is off to a good start and that's where it ends, the press are acting like he's got 20-25 fights under his belt and has outclassed some top division names, not that there are many.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 20 May 2012 - 22:09

I don't see him being compared to Lewis anyway. What they have said is that Price is the best British heavyweight since Lewis.

It wouldn't surprise me if he was better that Lewis anyway. Lennox wasn't all that. To say he is the 2nd best HW of all time is just plain laughable.

Already Price has far better footwork and better jab than Lewis had up until he left Pep.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 20 May 2012 - 22:11

DAVE667 wrote:Price looked good last night and clinically dispatched a decent HW in Sefton. If Price is to make waves in the division it was exactly the kind of performance he needed. Sky may be getting carried away but the real reason for this is that they need to be seen to be condemning the Haye/Chisora fight. If that fight was on Sky, Adam Smith wouldn't be suggesting Price could beat Haye and neither would their paid mouthpieces McGuigan, McCrory and Nelson. It's hype born out of sour grapes.
I'd dearly love to see Price take on Fury as I think he does him inside three rounds, then move on to some Euro level fighters or a few American ex-Klitschko foes.
agree , its sour grapes they have nt got haye / chisora fight ! 18 mounths ago it was all haye !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 20 May 2012 - 22:27

Price has the intangible, absolutely devastating HW power.

He's not at Haye's level as a fighter but he could rip Haye's head from his shoulders if he connected.

Price's height would also be a problem for Haye. On the downside Price's defence looks full of holes. He needs to be tested a bit. At the moment he is just knocking guys over for fun.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 20 May 2012 - 22:53

Gordy wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Completely different mate, teams are rarely compared but players are. You often here footballers compared to legends. Scholes was often compared to Charlton in his younger days and Giggs with best, nobody knew how good they'd really be but it didn't stop the comparisons.

Only after they had acheived similar success! Who was comparing Scholes to Charlton or Giggs to best after one or two seasons?

Giggs was getting Besty comparisons within 2 seasons of his United debut.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Sun 20 May 2012 - 22:54

Pundits and promoters have always bigged their man up, it's nothing new. What I'm trying to comprehend is your indignation.

Price is a good heavyweight with a knockout punch. Heavyweight KOs are what the public love and if Price gets people watching, great.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun 20 May 2012 - 23:49

Price has just beaten Sam Sexton let's not get carried away. The guy is probably 3rd or 4th best British HW at the moment.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Mon 21 May 2012 - 1:54

Fury would beat Price? Seriously Steffan? What have you witnessed in the 'dazzling' Taxi Driving Punisher Tyson Fury that we have all missed? Please enlighten me.

Price would dispatch Fury without a shadow of doubt in my eyes. Let's hope that fight gets made. I would lean towards Price to beat Haye aswell, I think he would run into similar problems like he did against Wlad (Not for one second comparing Price>Wlad) but height/reach would prove very awkward for Haye to overcome and that Jab was great lastnight from Price. Granted the counter arguement would be well he overcame height/reach dis-advantage against Valuev but I don't even rate that behemoth as a boxer so that arguement is null/void.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next