The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price

+6
Lumbering_Jack
sittingringside
milkyboy
Daz
88Chris05
wheelchair1991
10 posters

Go down

David Price Empty David Price

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:31 pm

how far do you think he could go personally i think he has the ability to be a world champion what do you think?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

David Price Empty Re: David Price

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Very promising talent, for sure. I'd certainly see him as a level above Fury and Chisora, particularly given the latter's seemingly lax attitude to training and conditioning.

Despite what some say, size alone doesn't equate to success in the current Heavyweight division, but Price does know how to use his physical dimensions well, looks to be in pretty good condition (which should continue to improve as he moves up the ladder) and moves fairly well for such a big man. His power looks good, but it's the chin which worries me. It's yet to be properly tested in the professional ranks, and sooner or later someone will creep inside that jab and land flush on him - if he can take it, a world title could be there for the taking once the Klitschkos have stood down.

I like him - certainly comes to fight and has the physical gifts to be a success.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:47 am

I agree Chris - I think out of the current crop of British Heavyweights - he is the one that will go further than the rest. Seems determined, puts the effort in the gym and seems like a decent chap. He has had a few decent tests but his chin is still a question mark.

A few more fights - possibly against Chisora/Fury and then stepping up.

Defintely one to watch. He seems to have slipped under the radar though. Possibly due to a lack of charisma.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:20 am

a thread on this a short while ago had many predicting good things for price. I was one of a few dissenting voices.

Pros: big, can punch. Cons: Stiff, predictable, questionable punch resistance from amateur days.

hope i'm wrong.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:40 am

Can only go on what we've seen. Big, can box, has power, moves reasonably well. There is a question mark over his chin, however it's still a question mark and fears over it may turn out to be unfounded. When you stack up what we know all you could say really is that he's progressing well in the professional ranks. Blowing away Dallas was impressive but for me Price has still not had a test that lets us know whether he's the 'real deal' or not.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:00 pm

well i agree with what has been said about him being a cut above the rest of domestic scene i know everyone has a go at fury for his conditioning and fitness but chisora and his conditioning was just as shocking in the fight with fury

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:12 pm

the question marks on his chin go back to his amateur days, where he had some stoppage defeats. He looked a bit hapless under fire from camarrelle in the olympics. To be fair, Camarelle did win those olympics and price had some good wins as an amateur...including fury for what that's worth.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:05 pm

I still cant forget the image of Price being iced with a head guard on. He has yet to fight anyone who can really push him. Personally I think Fury would beat him at this stage.

Fury is pretty much being ducked by all the top domestic boys.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I still cant forget the image of Price being iced with a head guard on. He has yet to fight anyone who can really push him. Personally I think Fury would beat him at this stage.

Fury is pretty much being ducked by all the top domestic boys.

If he fights and trains like he did against Chisora then he will defintely be a threat.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:21 pm

price for me is an english verison of wladimir klitchsko, if it was him instead of fury training with stewart then i think he would mirrior him exactly. as it stands think he is the of british at the moment, with fury a close second. fury is probably a more exciting fighter and think the english public would prefer him as champion as we have been a bit critical (understatement of the year) about wlads boring jab jab safety safety style. although no doubt we would still brag about an dominant english champ. but with both fighters visably improving with every fight, it could be either of them to emerge the better boxer.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:34 pm

Price is the most fundamentally sound and polished of all the domestic prospects.

However, at the moment I'd probably rank him below Fury and Chisora since his level of opposition to date hasnt been as strong as those two.

I'd like to see him matched against the likes of McDermott, Rogan or even Sprott as that will give us a better indication of the level that's he currently at.

At best, I think he can develop into a poor man's Wlad.....which, depending on the state of the division over the next decade, may not be a bad thing.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:36 pm

To be fair to Price, Camarelle is a massive step above any other amateur out there at the moment and one whom could have done very well in the profressional ranks.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:38 am

i think tom dallas is a good win for price, and dallas can probably come back himself. think dallas was a replacement for big john, who had the flu at the time, apparently there going to be fighting for an eliminator for a shot at fury, although not heard anything about this since the last planned bout. dont think rogan will take price if he wouldnt take fury, and sprott is fighting dimentrko for the european title.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Just checked he is 28 I thought he was younger than that. He's ready to fight for the domestic titles now. I would back Fury atm to get the better of Price just due to the fact he's fought at a higher level. Price has looked good but we learned nothing from what was meant to be his toughest fight in Dallas who was awful against Zac Page.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:03 pm

the price vs dallas fight was a elimintator for furys title, i dont understand why he's want to wait to fight mccdermott (who fury's beaten twice) in november first?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:05 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:the price vs dallas fight was a elimintator for furys title, i dont understand why he's want to wait to fight mccdermott (who fury's beaten twice) in november first?

I thought the eliminator got postponed and was being re-scheduled because Big Mick has made no noises about Fury-Price being Fury's next fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:10 pm

no dallas stepped in mccdermot shoes because he was ill, it was still an eliminator for the winner of chisora vs fury. its listed on boxrec as an eliminator i think as well.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

I'll take your word for it mate. Strange that Fury seems to be looking elsewhere for a fight then. Maybe both are looking to get one more fight in and hype it up a bit.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:28 pm

to be fair to perez and price look what happened to dallas when he stepped in at late notice. he has some catching up to do now to be mentioned in the same breath at the rest of the guy, despite in my opinion been good enough to compete with them.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down