The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Martinez stat line.

+3
mobilemaster8
milkyboy
kingraf
7 posters

Go down

Interesting Martinez stat line. Empty Interesting Martinez stat line.

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Apr 2013, 8:59 pm

Dont normally comment on the boxing forum, at least not enough to have a rapport with everyone, but ny main man Martinez is fighting so I feel like sharing this very interesting fact about Martinez. Source: East Side Boxing

Since defeating Kelly Pavlik for the championship
in 2010, Martinez has made five title defenses,
including four by devastating knockout, against top
opponents with a combined record of 173-4-1.

P4p king? Probably not, but that is highly interesting. I wonder how that compares with the guys above him. The man doesnt take any easy pay days, and of course no good deed goes unpunished, so he has received neither the financial, nor the adulation he deserves. Hopefully Maravilla's home coronation ends in steak and beers.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Interesting Martinez stat line. Empty Re: Interesting Martinez stat line.

Post by milkyboy Sun 28 Apr 2013, 9:31 am

No correlation between fighters w/l records and easy pay days. You have to look at who those guys fought to get their records.

in martinez' case, his opponents included barker macklin, jcc junior and now murray who havent beaten anyone with a pulse between them. This is not a pop at Martinez, merely that his opponents w/l records offer no evidence of him taking tough fights, and aren't a factor in judging him,

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:29 am

Especially when Murray quite clearly beat him last night...

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 28 Apr 2013, 11:36 am

f ing joke decision.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:02 pm

Its kind of sad when a boxer admits he didnt do enough, but his fans are crying about a robbery.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:15 pm

Possibly a close enough fight not to go down as a robbery. But I had Murray edging it without the second knockdown called, and I felt that was a knockdown. So there is a strong argument for Murray.

I think Murray suffers from this idea that you have to beat a guy by a landslide to win in his backyard. I thought he was fully entitled to feel he had done enought. Put Martinez on the floor and landed the better quality punches. Most of the clearly won rounds were Murrays and then there were a number of colse ones that could have gone either way. You do get the feeling that it was going to take alot to spoil Martinez homecoming though and I think that was reflected in the cards at the end and the refs performance.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:21 pm

Tim Bradley gave it to Martinez by one round. As did Sports Illustrated, and ESPN, this of course is disregarding the knock down. For me it was a great fight & Murray leaves Argentina with his brand enhanced. Martinez left with a broken hand & bum knee, it might be the last of the Maravilla.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sun 28 Apr 2013, 12:53 pm

kingraf wrote:Tim Bradley gave it to Martinez by one round. As did Sports Illustrated, and ESPN, this of course is disregarding the knock down. For me it was a great fight & Murray leaves Argentina with his brand enhanced. Martinez left with a broken hand & bum knee, it might be the last of the Maravilla.

I like Martinez a lot but last night he realized he was outgunned and showed his more cynical side. Constantly complaining about use of head when there wasnt any, risible play acting over the low blow. I thought he was a gentleman but he has proved that he will use every trick in the book to gain an unfair advantage..

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 28 Apr 2013, 1:01 pm

He's going to retire...

Run out of Brits to beat..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sun 28 Apr 2013, 2:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He's going to retire...

Run out of Brits to beat..

Haha he loves beating moderate Brits..this one was a bit better than he expected though..

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down