The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sam Soliman failed drugs test against Felix Sturm

+4
TRUSSMAN66
School Project
TopHat24/7
Pedro147
8 posters

Go down

Sam Soliman failed drugs test against Felix Sturm Empty Sam Soliman failed drugs test against Felix Sturm

Post by Pedro147 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 8:49 am

AUSTRALIAN Sam Soliman has been banned for nine months by German boxing authorities after testing positive to an illegal stimulant.
The Bund Deutscher Berufsboxer (BDB), the local commission that sanctioned Soliman's fight against Germany’s Felix Sturm, handed down the suspension on Monday (AEST) after Soliman had tested positive to the illegal stimulant methylsynephrine after the February bout.
This ban does not automatically affect him outside Germany. It will now be up to Australian boxing authorities to decide if they uphold the BDB's decision.

The substance isn't on the International Boxing Federation's - the governing body for the fight - banned list, but it is banned by the World Anti-Doping Authority.

Soliman was notified of the positive test back in March but asked to have the B sample split and tested at an American laboratory.
It confirmed the inital test, but Soliman's camp believes as the substance is not banned by the IBF his suspension should not stand outside Germany

Soliman won his IBF elimination bout against Sturm, but the German body changed into a no contest. The IBF has yet to comment on it.
Soliman last week blamed a drink called Black Bombs for the failed drug test.

According to FightNews.com Soliman had been assured by both the supplier and the manufacturer that the drink did not contain banned substances, however testing confirmed that the drink contains oxilofrine (a stimulant) which is on the WADA list of prohibited substances.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing-mma/sam-soiliman-cops-nine-month-ban-following-positive-test/story-fndkzthy-1226631490352

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Sam Soliman failed drugs test against Felix Sturm Empty Re: Sam Soliman failed drugs test against Felix Sturm

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 9:10 am

If the IBF is consistent it'll just sweep this under the carpet as it did with Peterson and let him roll on.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Sam Soliman failed drugs test against Felix Sturm Empty Re: Sam Soliman failed drugs test against Felix Sturm

Post by School Project Tue 30 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

Read about this yesterday - another banned substance allegedly found in another "over the counter" product.

The funny thing about "Black Bombs" is it is a weight loss suppliment produced under Dorian Yates branded merchandise. Dorian Yates has supplied a number of products to Hatton Fitness and some of his fighters. So of all of the fighters who potentially use this product, why has Soliman failed his test?

I guess it poses more questions on who tests for what more than anything? Oxilofrine has been found on WADA, USADA, NADA and VADA banned list... so why was it used in the first place?

It never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to be caught out by tests - but based on what I've read (and I'm not claiming I know how much is deemed "acceptable" levels) he must have had more than a milkshake in his system for it to be considered an issue...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 30 Apr 2013, 1:28 pm

Also, although kudos should be paid to German Governing Body for ruling the fight a NC - maybe a little investigating on the nature of usage should have been sought.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 1:34 pm

I'd sweep it under the carpet too.....................

More intelligent sportsman than Boxers in less life threatening sports like cycling, athletics are beating times set by old steroid abusers all the time.....

By eating there greens and consuming Whey??????????

Folly to presume Boxing isn't rife with guys prepared to look for advantage in the hardest of all sports and rife with guys that for a price wil help them avoid detection..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 30 Apr 2013, 3:21 pm

Dorian knows what to take.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 30 Apr 2013, 4:25 pm

Strongback wrote:Dorian knows what to take.

Yeah he's been very open about his cycles, but this is my point...

You're a sportsman who will be tested regularly for something. You are given a tablet/milkshake and are told "this product will HELP you lose weight quicker, maintain your performance and is endorsed by a man who has admitted steroid use"...

It clearly states the contents on the box and the governing bodies/Anti-doping agencies clearly state the banned substances.

The question: At what point do you realise that it isn't a good idea to take the suppliment?

These suppliments help cut corners... nothing more. You want to boil down to middleweight from 170? Do it the hard way and don't rely on an endorsed product by some steroid using weight lifter or fight in the weight class that your body is built for!

That said, there's not enough information/evidence that I've seen to point blame on either the fighter or product yet.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 30 Apr 2013, 4:30 pm

School Project wrote:

You're a sportsman who will be tested regularly for something. You are given a tablet/milkshake and are told "this product will HELP you lose weight quicker, maintain your performance and is endorsed by a man who has admitted steroid use"...

It clearly states the contents on the box and the governing bodies/Anti-doping agencies clearly state the banned substances.

The question: At what point do you realise that it isn't a good idea to take the suppliment?

These suppliments help cut corners... nothing more. You want to boil down to middleweight from 170? Do it the hard way and don't rely on an endorsed product by some steroid using weight lifter or fight in the weight class that your body is built for!

That said, there's not enough information/evidence that I've seen to point blame on either the fighter or product yet.

You are intimating naivete............I don't buy it most fighters/athletes know what they are doing...........It's their livelihoods.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 30 Apr 2013, 5:15 pm

School Project wrote:

Your kidding right?
Dorian lies through his teeth about what he took.
I'm surprised he can even keep a straight face while discussing it.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 30 Apr 2013, 7:59 pm

all these "banned substances", what ever happened to meat and two veg and a glass of raw eggs?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 30 Apr 2013, 8:04 pm

by TRUSSMAN66 Today at 5:30 pm

most fighters/athletes know what they are
doing...........It's their livelihoods.....

While I suppose youre right, fighters are pretty much the worst sportsmen with regars to their personal matters, wether its financial, marital, or physiological, they are all one dodgy trainer/manager away from something stupid
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down