The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felix sturm - Sums up the problems with rating Modern fighters

4 posters

Go down

Felix sturm - Sums up the problems with rating Modern fighters  Empty Felix sturm - Sums up the problems with rating Modern fighters

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 11 Mar 2015, 3:37 pm

18 Title fights..............

Been around at the top level 12 years..........

Champion in two weight classes...........

5 World titles......WBO, WBA twice, IBF twice........Including "Super" champion..............

14 succesful defences......

Anybody think he's great or belongs in the Hall of fame........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Felix sturm - Sums up the problems with rating Modern fighters  Empty Re: Felix sturm - Sums up the problems with rating Modern fighters

Post by kingraf Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:06 pm

No, but until he lost to Soliman, and maybe far back as Geale, I think a case could be made for. him being very good. If he got the nod over Oscar, who knows how differently his career goes. If you're of the volition that he beat Ozzy, and look at the amount of defences he's made successfully, I think you end up with a reasonably successful career.

The other thing is though, Truss. To be a five time world champion... He's had to lose it four times. Not always to reasonable fighters either.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Felix sturm - Sums up the problems with rating Modern fighters  Empty Re: Felix sturm - Sums up the problems with rating Modern fighters

Post by Rodney Wed 11 Mar 2015, 4:39 pm

It's time as fans we forget about titles/defences and those who claim to be a world champion of somesort. You only have to look at BJS mandatory for the WBO steps a side , offered a IBF shot for the vacant title and declines . Fighters used to crave and work hard for a title shot nowadays it means absolutely nothing.

Cheers , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 11 Mar 2015, 11:11 pm

Sturm isn't a two division champion. All 4 of his title came at middleweight(WBO, WBA 'regular', WBA 'super' and IBF).

Sturm's career best performance was his 'loss' to De La Hoya.

But losing to Geale and Soliman(twice but one was removed due to doping) show he's not all that great.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down