The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOTR Round 1 First Matchup.

+11
Scott is Back
Fadorock
crippledtart
sodhat
Dr Gregory House MD
ADMIN
David Tails
Enforcer
AberdeenSteve
Mr H
Holymiky
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

KOTR Round 1 First Matchup. - Page 3 Empty KOTR Round 1 First Matchup.

Post by Holymiky Thu 05 May 2011, 1:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ok here we go, this is the first matchup as the competitors have both sent thier replies to me very quickly so i thought i would get this started.

Below will be the answers from PM's i got off each person and i wan't you to use the poll's to vote for your favourite, very interesting replies because they are very similar, i have set the poll to last 1 day.

The question i asked was:

Who was the worst WWE champion of the last 10 years? - This meant just the WWE championship.

Person A.

The worst WWE champ (not Heavyweight Champ) was Rob Van Dam.

My reasoning behind this is that this was Rob's chance to make me over big time. He was given the opportunity at the same time as holding the ECW belt, and the WWE management were rewarding him for years of service and fan popularity. How did he repay them? By getting busted for drugs.

Some role model and some way to repay the faith shown to you by Vince and Co. Not only did he lose the belt for his actions, he lost it on RAW - thats how stupid he was.

Would he have gone on to better things had he not been indulging - absolutely. However, his title reign will always be remembered for the way it ended and its brevity.

He complained of glass ceilings holding back wrestlers yet Rob having opened the hatch through the ceiling, decided to close it again from inside, just so he could go party with Sabu instead.

Worst champion of the last 10 years - no doubt about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Person B.

The worst WWE Champion for me would have to be Rob Van Dam. Granted, Jeff Hardy and Sheamus probably warrant mentions but both have the chance or at least eventually redeemed themselves later on.

Van Dam was almost given the belt out of sympathy for an ailing ECW brand. Vince wanted to give it one last shot at establishing it in the big time, but ultimately failed. His MITB win was unspectacular, up to him actually announcing his intention to cash it in at One Night Stand; the ECW PPV. He went on to win the belt from Cena thanks to interference from Edge and in a big 'who cares?' moment, he became the first man to hold the WWE and ECW titles. His reign had no memorable feud, no stand out moment and will always be remembered for the way he dropped the title. On RAW due to a wellness violation. Known more so for his ability to botch and smoke weed he is easily the worst WWE champ of the last 10 years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so just to remind you, you can vote on the following guidelines:

1). You enjoyed reading the reply.
2). You thought the argument was explained thoroughly
3). You just liked the reply!
4). You thought it was informative and well written.

Oh and please try not to vote for yourselves!

Let the voting commence!

Last edited by Holymiky on Thu 05 May 2011, 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

KOTR Round 1 First Matchup. - Page 3 Empty Re: KOTR Round 1 First Matchup.

Post by Guest Mon 09 May 2011, 1:57 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Ha, now I see why you took me to task over the "factual inaccurary" comment Beer!

Indeed, i couldn't edit it. Still, at least i won through in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 09 May 2011, 2:05 pm

King Beer wrote:
Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Ha, now I see why you took me to task over the "factual inaccurary" comment Beer!

Indeed, i couldn't edit it. Still, at least i won through in the end.

Yep, well done, I thought you gave the better answer and deserved it.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Tue 17 May 2011, 9:53 am

Hey all,

Just a quick note, due to circumstances i cannot discuss i have had to replace King Beer with Hobo, so congratulations Hobo, you are through the next round!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3