The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KOTR Round 1 Third Matchup.

+7
Dr Gregory House MD
JoshSansom
ADMIN
Mr H
crippledtart
Adam D
Holymiky
11 posters

Go down

KOTR Round 1 Third Matchup. Empty KOTR Round 1 Third Matchup.

Post by Holymiky Thu May 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Ok heres Matchup 3.

This question in this match was:

How would you book the retirement of The Undertaker from the WWE?

Person A.

Undertaker’s retirement is always going to be a massive talking point to anyone that has been involved with the WWE. He has been with the company for 20 years and is a definite future inductee to the Hall of Fame. His retirement is going to be one of the biggest WWE events in recent years and how it should be done will always be a tough on to decide.

One of the major factors that will make this decision a lot tougher is the fact that the Undertaker’s character has come and gone on so many previous occasions. We’ve seen him buried alive and placed in coffins on numerous occasions which has obviously made his character look like he can never be fully destroyed. This has obviously made the way he retires needed to be booked to make him look this is the final straw.

I’ve always had the idea that because they’ve been at the WWE for their entire careers I would have Undertaker retire at the same time as Kane. We’d have a massive build up to a feud that would end up with a match between the two at Wrestlemania. I know they’ve fought at this event on numerous occasions before but this would be a lot different. I’d have them have that one last final battle where the loser would be banished from the WWE. They’d have that last final spectacular match, have all the sweet spots and show them well and truly trying to destroy each other. We’d have them both lying centre of the ring and looking like they well and truly have nothing left to give. The gong sounds and out comes Paul Bearer. He gives a fantastic speech and then drops the bombshell that he has decided enough is enough, they’ve both run out of time and hell awaits them. The gong sounds again and the lights go out. They flash back on with just Kane’s mask and the urn lying in the centre of the ring. The two things that are most symbolic to their characters are their last remaining moments in the WWE. No need for either to look weak or have some stupid stipulation involved. Just have the man that brought them to the WWE take them away for good.

It might be a little unknown to some of the younger fans that are involved but to the masses it would make perfect sense. They get their final Wrestlemania moment and leave in a way that makes look characters look as strong as possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Person B.

Like probably 99.99% of people on here I think he should retire at Wrestlemania.

I can see two ways of doing this.

The first idea is my main idea but for this to happen it would involve Kane also wanting to retire, a slight lift on the PG restrictions and this being the last match on the card. I like the idea that is often touted about with the lights going out and all that’s left in the middle of the ring is Kanes mask and Undertakers Urn, but to keep with Vince’s fix of over the top endings I would suggest the following: - have the match finish with either a Undertaker win or a draw (which in turn leads to Undertaker staying undefeated and earns WWE more wonga), Kane and Undertaker shake hands, only for Kane to brutalise his “brother”. Lights go off, when suddenly a match/lighter etc is lit up in the centre of the ring, the flame moves towards Undertakers lifeless body (who is now a lifelike mannequin/dummy) before setting him on fire (remember the lights are still off so all you would see is a figure on the floor in flames) before the flame magically goes out (they’ll find a way). The lights come back on and all that is left is Kane, an urn and ashes in the middle of the ring. Kane picks up the ashes in his hands and puts them into the urn before lifting it above his head and laughing like a madman. While he is doing this Undertaker will do his favourite appearing from under the ring trick and pull Kane “into hell” once he has disappeared a massive flame would shoot straight up in the air from the hole. Kane would then be heard laughing all over the arena before two gongs signalled and that is that.

My back-up plan is to wait for Mcool to shoot her baby out – have Undertaker bring him to the ring, say he is retiring but this is the seed of the devil, 1 month later the baby is a full sized human being because he grows much faster than us being supernatural (like Hellboy) and carries on Undertakers legacy but is known as SEED! Possibly Brimstone could play this role well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so just to remind you, you can vote on the following guidelines:

1). You enjoyed reading the reply.
2). You thought the argument was explained thoroughly
3). You just liked the reply!
4). You thought it was informative and well written.

Oh and please try not to vote for yourselves!

Let the voting commence!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

KOTR Round 1 Third Matchup. Empty Re: KOTR Round 1 Third Matchup.

Post by Adam D Thu May 05, 2011 3:42 pm

I have voted for B.

Not because of his main suggestion, which quite frankly is awful but thanks to his second suggestion of having SEED debut a month after being born!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 3:43 pm

I don't much care for either ending, however, despite every ounce of me wanting to vote for the Brimstone ending, i think poster A deserves it.

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu May 05, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm also a fan of the symbolic mask/urn scenario although I didn't like the main focus being on Bearer (A) or Kane (B). I don't like B's first suggestion but I do really like the second one. Got to go for A though.

Basically what Beer said.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Thu May 05, 2011 3:57 pm

This appears to be going well enough to my liking at least.

Thanks to all involved, means alot that you guys are participating and hopefully enjoying it so far!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu May 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Dont really like either but will go for A because its probably more logical.

Id personally have The Undertaker cut a promo and announce that he has done it all, he IS the last outlaw, and at Wrestlemania 28 he will be wrestling his last match and wants it to be the best match of his career. A tournament is set up to determine who faces Taker. Triple H wins it. Basically Taker beats Hunter, goes to 20-0, Hunter helps Taker up and the music goes out and Hunter offers his hand, they embrace and on the grandest stage of them all the whole locker room comes out to line the aisle and applaud as The Undertaker makes his way up the ramp. He is greeted at the top by Paul Bearer and the urn, Taker kneels down and is lowered underneath the stage with his arm in the air ala Terminator 2 judgement day, followed by one last gong and the Titantron reads 'The Undertaker. RIP. 20-0'.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm

I vote for Mr H.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu May 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Taker kneels down and is lowered underneath the stage with his arm in the air ala Terminator 2 judgement day

Would his other arm be ripped off at some point in the match to enable a possible but farfetched return where he comes back and fights a hot looking but poor acting chick in pvc?
If so I'm booking WM29.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Mr H wrote:Dont really like either but will go for A because its probably more logical.

Id personally have The Undertaker cut a promo and announce that he has done it all, he IS the last outlaw, and at Wrestlemania 28 he will be wrestling his last match and wants it to be the best match of his career. A tournament is set up to determine who faces Taker. Triple H wins it. Basically Taker beats Hunter, goes to 20-0, Hunter helps Taker up and the music goes out and Hunter offers his hand, they embrace and on the grandest stage of them all the whole locker room comes out to line the aisle and applaud as The Undertaker makes his way up the ramp. He is greeted at the top by Paul Bearer and the urn, Taker kneels down and is lowered underneath the stage with his arm in the air ala Terminator 2 judgement day, followed by one last gong and the Titantron reads 'The Undertaker. RIP. 20-0'.

Breaking kayfabe has become so cliched now though... It will be interesting to see which persona of the Undertaker is used for his final match. The more old school Taker ideas of Bearer and the urn wouldn't work with the Last Outlaw gimmick particularly.

They could even go quite understated and have Taker ride off on his motorcycle just holding one arm up as he leaves the stage, Last Ride style.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu May 05, 2011 4:33 pm

Hero wrote:
Taker kneels down and is lowered underneath the stage with his arm in the air ala Terminator 2 judgement day

Would his other arm be ripped off at some point in the match to enable a possible but farfetched return where he comes back and fights a hot looking but poor acting chick in pvc?
If so I'm booking WM29.

WM30 will be Taker vs Arnie vs Sarah Connor in a John Connor on a Pole Match.

BOOK THAT!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu May 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Person A purly because it seems more logical and more character driven, I like those things

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu May 05, 2011 7:14 pm

I'm not voting for either of these although B nearly snatched it with their back up idea, what I would say though is that Paul Bearer DIDN'T bring Taker to the WWF, that was Ted DiBiase and Taker was managed for a few months by Brother Love before Percy Pringle got the gig, which was a far more logical fit

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Good point, Gaffer.

Would you have Dibiase have someone end the streak or perhaps even be the person that 'destroys' the Phenom?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu May 05, 2011 9:29 pm

Na, with the push Ted Jr got in his first 18 months he should be at a level where he is considered but there is no escaping the fact he just isn't very good and would probably be FE'd if he had a different second name

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 9:34 pm

Brett has gone as well now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Felt sorry for Brett, he got rushed well before his time to do a run in at SummerSlam 09 then he got put on camera and near enough disowned the newt night on RAW, found it hard to believe he'd ever make it after that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 pm

I'm backing poster A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miz NG Fri May 06, 2011 10:30 am

I voted for Person A. I would love to know what Poster B was drinking or smoking when they came up with that idea!

Miz NG

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri May 06, 2011 10:42 am

I can now reveal that this match is over, well done to Person A for winning this one.

I can reveal that:

Person A = AberdeenSteve.

Person B = The Dashing One.

Well done to AberdeenSteve, you advance to the next round.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 am

Yahoo

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri May 06, 2011 11:14 am

Remember to check your PM's guys for the questions for the KOTR.

Currently waiting on 3 matchups to be finalised, in 2 of them, 1 person has replied from each, the other i have just sent out.

Thanks for participating and remember to stand by for the voting!

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dashing One Fri May 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Miz NG wrote:I voted for Person A. I would love to know what Poster B was drinking or smoking when they came up with that idea!

I was high on life.

I knew I should've just went with the Seed idea instead of my Freddie vs Jason style ending haha

The Dashing One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down