The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juan Carlos Ferrero fears retirement ...

3 posters

Go down

Juan Carlos Ferrero fears retirement ... Empty Juan Carlos Ferrero fears retirement ...

Post by Wooffie Thu 05 May 2011, 2:47 pm

I’m really saddened to read this report following Juan Carlos Ferrero’s first round defeat at the Madrid Masters.

JCF has only just returned to the game following a 7 month absence due him having knee surgery. He has revealed the extent of his injury worries and re-iterated that he may retire at the end of the season.

“Physically I’m not very well,” explained Ferrero. “The situation is quite tough. I think it’s difficult to accept it, but if the pain continues throughout the year, I suppose that in Valencia I will announce my retirement.”

“The situation is complicated, but for now, I am going to keep going. It’s been a difficult surgery that has complicated a lot more than it should have.” he added.

“I’m not saying I’m staying this way, I hope I get better, but if I continue this way by the end of the year, it will be too difficult,”

JCF is a former World No. 1, a winner at the French Open and a runner-up at the same event, as with the US Open. I’ve always liked his style of play and have found him lovely to watch, but more than that, I think he is a classy person both on and off the court … a true gentleman.

He is set to become the director of the ATP Valencia Open 500 tournament staged in his home city in October, but I hope and wish that he can overcome his injury woes through the season.
Wooffie
Wooffie

Back to top Go down

Juan Carlos Ferrero fears retirement ... Empty Re: Juan Carlos Ferrero fears retirement ...

Post by Stealth Maestro Agro Love Thu 05 May 2011, 4:15 pm

He's got little left to play for bar the love of the game, so it's probably the best move. Sounds like something when rather badly wrong in surgery though... a real shame.

Top class guy, great player in his heyday, a claycourter who could play some attacking stuff in addition to being able to run around all day retrieving, a much better player to watch than the majority of the Spanish guys now to be honest.

He's clearly a bright bunny too. He's got an academy, a job as a tournament director and clearly he's got a future outside the tour. He could even go into the Champions Tour if he felt like it; he's got a bright future. Good luck to him, whichever path he takes.

Stealth Maestro Agro Love

Back to top Go down

Juan Carlos Ferrero fears retirement ... Empty Re: Juan Carlos Ferrero fears retirement ...

Post by socal1976 Fri 06 May 2011, 6:56 am

Yes it will be sad to see King Juan Carlos hang it up. It is sad but very few players can still remain relevant in their early 30s. The prime for tennis players is such a brief moment in sunshine.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down