The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse...

+7
Adam D
MetalMotty
VDT
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
Fernando
Hero
11 posters

Go down

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse... Empty Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse...

Post by Hero Thu 02 May 2013, 10:00 pm

There are talks currently going on to have Hogan v Bully Ray for the title at Bound for Glory.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse... Empty Re: Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse...

Post by Fernando Thu 02 May 2013, 10:08 pm

And your surprised by this?

Hogan loves to stroke his ego lets face it if he needed anything else stroked he'd ask Bubba the love sponges (ex?) missus,

Id be more surprised if he didn't walk out of BFG as Champion

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse... Empty Re: Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse...

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 02 May 2013, 10:33 pm

Say what you want about Hogan but he knows what the fans wanna see

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 03 May 2013, 2:41 am

Two ppvs in a row its gonna be Bully Ray vs a 50+ year old man

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 03 May 2013, 6:41 am

How's exciting!!! Ha!!!

I'm gonna go with a fatal 4 way with Bully, Hogan, Sting and AJ maybe have AJ join aces and eights then turn his back on Bully to win the title and save TNA, then Hogan and Sting will take full credit for saving TNA setting up a fued AJ thumbsup
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri 03 May 2013, 4:21 pm

Please god no, Been a fan of hogan since i was young but come on no way he should be in the ring now. maybe have him in the corner if your gonna have him on the show. better to have someone else like AJ, Roode, Aries, Matt Morgan than him.

Like it was said on the podcast, the story is screaming out for a new star to emerge just instead we had sting and hogan. The Whole hogan and sting face off on impact which was cool in 97 but 2013? Really its not whats needed.

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 May 2013, 5:05 pm

Hogan = ratings

No Hogan no TNA...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 03 May 2013, 5:07 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:Hogan = ratings

No Hogan no TNA...

Terry....is that you?

BTW, on last nights Impact, the challenger to Bully Ray was decided.

Although it will come in for backlash, I dont really mind as its obvious that Bully isnt going to lose it on his first defence.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 May 2013, 5:17 pm

I'll catch it on Challenge.

I think his challenger should be a genuine threat to his title, with so few PPVs I believe they have to at least sell the possibility of him losing, keep a surprise graduate type of opponent for a free TV defence

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 03 May 2013, 5:36 pm

Have TNA's ratings gone up notably since Hogan came in? Honest question having never seen TNA before Hogan was there. I know he is a massive marketing tool (one of the words in that sentence isnt always necessary) but I do wonder whether what TNA were and could have become have taken a complete backfoot because theres a big guy in the building.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 03 May 2013, 5:37 pm

I'm pretty sure their ratings have stayed pretty much level.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 03 May 2013, 5:38 pm

I don't think they have changed. They lost ground during the Monday night war but got back to where they were as soon as they moved back to thursdays

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Fri 03 May 2013, 5:40 pm

didnt hogan publicly say he wanted to win the world title before the close of 2013 not too long ago

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 03 May 2013, 5:48 pm

TNA must then see this as their last hurrah with Hogan fronting what they do. If hes not bringing in extra viewers then what is the point? If he does something by being in the main event then build off that quickly. They could do with Bully injuring him very badly and seeing what happens with the ratings.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 03 May 2013, 7:12 pm

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Have TNA's ratings gone up notably since Hogan came in? Honest question having never seen TNA before Hogan was there. I know he is a massive marketing tool (one of the words in that sentence isnt always necessary) but I do wonder whether what TNA were and could have become have taken a complete backfoot because theres a big guy in the building.

No idea how the ratings are now but before Hogan went in they where doing strong 1.1s and 1.2s I think they even hit 1.4s on the odd occassion, when Hogan went in and they went direct against RAW they where doing 0.7s .8s & 0.9s then when they went back to Thursdays it stalled a bit but gradually went back to 1.1s, got absolutely no idea what's its done since late 2010 though but I don't think its reached the heights TNA where getting in late 2009

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sat 04 May 2013, 10:16 am

the rating is around the 1.0 mark, sometimes slightly higher or lower. It's a little bit down on where it was when Hogan came in.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 05 May 2013, 3:57 pm

Dear god no!

I know Hogan is the biggest thing at TNA, but surely even the fans only like him and appreciate him for his past and for being the generally genial GM (try saying that 5 times quickly Wink ) . I can't believe anyone actually wants to see him fight again.

I know Bully's a big guy but I doubt even he could carry Terry B through a main event match. Given the Hulkster's wear and tear over the years he'd have to give him the kid glove treatment.

I can just see the match being a succession of chest slaps, eye rakes and punches, with maybe the odd clothesline thrown in. In other words, an unconvincing borefest.

If Hogan's mere presence, personality and knowledge of the business isn't enough to help TNA grow and become a serious contender to WWE, then maybe its best if they part company (much as I like the guy)?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down