The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse...

+14
Celtic Warrior
dyrewolfe
pauline1981
talkingpoint
steveo1986
Fadorock
David Tails
Dx Dan.
Mr H
AberdeenSteve
Adam D
theundisputedY2D2
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse... Empty Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse...

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 12:35 am

(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

With Hulk Hogan currently training for a possible return to the ring later this year, word out of the TNA locker room is that Hogan is looking to wrestle Sting in the main event of TNA's biggest show of the year - Bound For Glory, later this year.

While a Hulk Hogan vs. Sting match is still a match some fans would pay to see again - it all depends on whether Hogan is physically able to work a match after undergoing more than a half dozen back surgeries in the past year or so.

Average age of 55 main eventing TNA's premier show of the year.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse... Empty Re: Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse...

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 1:01 am

The main problem in TNA is the lack of heels

Sting has beef with Hogan
RVD has beef with Hogan
Anderson has beef with Hogan
Roode has beef with Hogan

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse... Empty Re: Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse...

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 May 2011, 8:52 am

🤦

Think they'll bring in Nick Patrick to ref it?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 May 2011, 9:00 am

Although #I think its a truly terrible, and I mean terrible idea this years Wrestlemania Maitches didnt exactly have youth on their side:

Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, Austin, JR to name but a few.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 9:17 am

Rock is 39
Undertaker is 49
HHH is 41
Austin was a ref and is 46
JR commentated but is still younger than Hogan.

Ok Taker is close to Sting’s age but if you compare Mania’s match between their two oldest competitors, HHH v Taker, do you really think Hogan v Sting could match it?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 12 May 2011, 9:19 am

If this match ends up being for the TNA World Title ..

🤦

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Just when you thought TNA couldn't get worse... Empty Quiz

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 9:28 am

Hobo wrote:Although #I think its a truly terrible, and I mean terrible idea this years Wrestlemania Maitches didnt exactly have youth on their side:

do you not see the massive difference in the WWE vets to the TNA vets? The biggest TNA mark in the World couldn't defend this BS

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 May 2011, 9:33 am

Oh man if this match happens we're talking 'Heroes of Wrestling' levels of bad here!

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 9:37 am

January 4th 2010 the IWC's biggest question was 'How long will it be until Hogan is the TNA Champion'.

Well there is your answer folks - Bound for Glory this year!

So much for 'passing the torch' as Hogan said about 100 times in his promos last year!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 May 2011, 9:40 am

Hogan's going to be able to do absolutely jack, jack.

I'm sensing another Finger Poke of Doom because it's about all he'll be able to manage.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 12 May 2011, 9:50 am

I can't believe they're even considering putting Hogan back in the ring, he can barely move, let alone work a match, let alone a world title match at their biggest PPV of the year! Unbelieveable!
Oh and just to point out, I thought 'Taker was 46 not 49?

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 9:51 am

I've got no real problem with Sting/Hogan but I'd rather it was over power of the company, it definitely shouldn't be for the the World Title though, definitely not, I'd rather see Angle get the title to drop it to Roode/Anderson/AJ at BFG

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 May 2011, 9:51 am

the-gaffer wrote:
Hobo wrote:Although #I think its a truly terrible, and I mean terrible idea this years Wrestlemania Maitches didnt exactly have youth on their side:

do you not see the massive difference in the WWE vets to the TNA vets? The biggest TNA mark in the World couldn't defend this BS

Oh absolutely - its terrible and truly awful.

I cant believe it is actually going to happen. If it does, surely they wouldnt make it for the title......would they? Dear god, they would wouldnt they.

I never knew JR was younger than Hogan!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 9:53 am

Dx Dan. wrote:I can't believe they're even considering putting Hogan back in the ring, he can barely move, let alone work a match, let alone a world title match at their biggest PPV of the year! Unbelieveable!
Oh and just to point out, I thought 'Taker was 46 not 49?

He is! My bad, hit the 9 key by mistake.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 9:54 am

I've got no problem with vets as long as they are still good enough, thats why I'd have no problem with Angle going into BFG as the World Champ

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 12 May 2011, 9:56 am

Haha, no worries.
He may aswell be over 50 with the current shape he's in now!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 12 May 2011, 9:57 am

the-gaffer wrote:I've got no problem with vets as long as they are still good enough, thats why I'd have no problem with Angle going into BFG as the World Champ

Totally agree.
Angle is still on the top of his game.
Much like it would of been fine for HBK to have another title run when he returned late 09, due to the fact he's still in tip top shape!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 May 2011, 9:59 am

the-gaffer wrote:I've got no problem with vets as long as they are still good enough, thats why I'd have no problem with Angle going into BFG as the World Champ

This.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 12 May 2011, 10:02 am

I read an interview with Hogan just 2 days ago that said he has just had his 8th Back Surgery and can still feel the screws in his back.

Yeah, this will be a match for the ages!

🤦

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 10:05 am

This has the potential to be on the same level as Vince v Bret WM26.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 May 2011, 10:07 am

Hero wrote:This has the potential to be on the same level as Vince v Bret WM26.
just about to say the same thing!

When is BFG?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 10:09 am

I liked the Bret/Vince thing at Mania even tho the quality sucked, it was just a vicious beating with no structure, exactly how I felt it should have been

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 May 2011, 10:11 am

the-gaffer wrote:I liked the Bret/Vince thing at Mania even tho the quality sucked, it was just a vicious beating with no structure, exactly how I felt it should have been

And if TNA did something similar, it would be condemned on these boards for either being trash wrestling or copying WWE.

In the same way that there is no justification for the hogan/ sting match, the McMahon/ Hart match was awful and should have been booked differently (ie make it a McMahon family vs Hart dynasty affair)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 12 May 2011, 10:13 am

Hobo wrote:
Hero wrote:This has the potential to be on the same level as Vince v Bret WM26.
just about to say the same thing!

When is BFG?

October I think.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 10:22 am

I reckon Hogan is going to pull of a 360 splash into a leg drop from the top rope and stick it to us all. God, how long would it take him to get to the top rope?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 May 2011, 10:30 am

Can't wait till Hogan wins the title then starts spouting off how he slammed the undefeated, 970lb Sting in front of 135,000 fans and how he didn't know whether Sting would co-operate or not till he said "Slam me, boss" only moments before he died.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 10:49 am

Hobo I completely disagree that there was no justification for Hart/McMahon, both where the center of possibly the biggest story in Pro Wrestling history, add Owen, the law suits, the Hart family going into meltdown, the bitterness and everything else that simmered I don't think they could or should have ended it any other way, this for me is what the WWE do well, it was dusted within 3 months, TNA have teased Hogan/Sting for nearly 18 months with a constant change in reasons

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 12 May 2011, 10:59 am

You have to remember the storyline Hobo. There was plenty of justification for it. At the end of the day it was VKM that screwed Hart. A Family Vs. Dynasty match would have been a poor idea.

There is no such build up for your "if TNA did this" comparison. This feud was a long time in the making.

Hogan is just on his usual egotistical power trip because he can't let go. The day he wins the title is the day I stop watching TNA.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 11:09 am

Like I said, the McMahon/Hart quality sucked but it was all about Bret finally getting revenge, it was vicious, brutal and went on to long, that added to the tension, emotion and realism of what was happening.

Lawler and Cole on the otherhand...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 11:35 am

I was hoping no-one brought up the Cole/Lawler Mania match, I’d tried to remove it from my memory, the scars still burn, I wake in cold sweats reliving every 13:46 minutes of it.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 12:51 pm

That was/is a sham

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadorock Thu 12 May 2011, 3:54 pm

straight up match Hogan vs Sting could be a car crash of the highest proportions, HOWEVER what we are forgetting is that straight up technical ability is not always necessary to put on a great match. Look at Hogan vs rock, he was beat up then a still put on an amazing match, now im not saying Hogan can repeat that but what I am saying is that both of these guys have more experience than practically anyone around at the moment and both have great wrestling minds, if the both truly wanted to I am sure these two could put on a great match, maybe not a 5 star classic like HHH and Taker but in its own right they could put on a great match.

I would however be very disappointed if this match were to headline BFG, I would like to see it on 3rd from the end and much rather see a match that could stretch for 30 mins as the main event and maybe a title match with the likes of Style vs Roode.

Also if TNA hold BFG away from the terrible Impact Zone then im sure the crowd would be going absolutely insane for Sting and Hogan as they are not over exposed to them, and this would also add to the match and would carry them through

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 4:21 pm

The Rock v Hogan was 9 years ago! Hogan would have been 49 and The Rock would have been 30!

There is no chance whatsoever of a 57yr old Hogan vs a 52yr old Sting having a 'great' match in any way shape or form.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 12 May 2011, 4:23 pm

It could be the greatest farce in the history of professional wrestling.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo1986 Thu 12 May 2011, 4:28 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:It could be the greatest farce in the history of professional wrestling.

WILL BE

steveo1986

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadorock Thu 12 May 2011, 4:33 pm

im willing to give it a chance, it might not be the most conventional of wrestling matches, nor will it be fast paced with big spots, but it could tell a story and this is an element sorely missing from many matches in this day and age, the ability to convey an emotional story throughout a match.

If they can do that, with the right crowd, they could pull it off. As ive said before, as long as it’s not the main event or for the title I would not complain to see it on PPV

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by Fadorock Thu 12 May 2011, 4:35 pm

and i know its not a very good argument but im sure Taker and HHH have had numerous matches 10+ years ago that were not a patch on their mania match this year. Why? Because this one told a compelling story and was on a grand stage with the crowd right behind them

Fadorock

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 4:48 pm

Both of them proved the could still work tho, Hogan couldn't go anywhere near the level he was at 10 years ago and even then he was well past his best, whens the last time Sting went past 15 minutes

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 4:51 pm

It will definately be the main event and will definately be for the title. Hogan wouldnt have it any other way.

I have no faith whatsoever in TNA to 'tell a compelling story'.

Taker and HHH are still very good athletes who move well and can perform to a high standard. You cant compare their physical abilities to that of Hogan and Sting. Although Taker is a wreck, he still pulls it out of the bag and his physique is still damned impressive.

I like your optimism fadorock but just bite the bullet pal, it will be a train wreck of epic proportions!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 5:03 pm

I'm not so sure it would be for the title, I think it would be for Control of TNA

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 May 2011, 5:17 pm

Or a loser leaves TNA match.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 5:25 pm

If Hogan lost control of TNA i'd see nowhere else for him to go

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 12 May 2011, 8:05 pm

Oh and just to make this EVEN worse...

According to Ric Flair, who appeared on the Mark Madden radio show in Pittsburgh, PA today, the plan right now is for him to get a title match against Sting in August. Of course, plans can and do change all the time.

So basically Sting will be champ throughout the summer and defend it against a 62 year old followed by a by then 58 year old at their premiere PPV.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 12 May 2011, 10:56 pm

Dying slowly in a pool of acid > Hulk Hogan

Doh

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 12 May 2011, 11:37 pm

I think that was reported wrong to be fair. I think Flair said he'd love to face Sting for the title

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 13 May 2011, 8:58 am

It doesn't matter, Sting's good buddy Robocop will help him defeat the evil forces of Flair and Hogan.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 13 May 2011, 8:59 am

I really hope we have another return as well....

yetaaaaiiii! yetaaaaiiii!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 13 May 2011, 9:02 am

Yes, we need to see more bumming of Hogan's leathery hindquarters.

It's money.

Only Tony Schiavone would be able to call that match though, Tenay and The Tazz wouldn't have a clue how to sell it as being "the greatest night in the history of our great sport".

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 13 May 2011, 4:37 pm

AJ Style v Tommy Dreamer is now a match at Sacrifice. If Dreamer wins that one then there is some serious issues in Russo's head.

Also, Brian Kendrick v Robbie E? The build up for that match has been intense.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 13 May 2011, 5:00 pm

Well they did show Kendrick having a sly smoke last week

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next