The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh

+56
red_stag
DrTreasure
maestegmafia
rodders
justified sinner
RuggerRadge2611
JmD
Rory_Gallagher
logie28
flyhalffactory
tigertattie
mckay1402
LondonTiger
Sin é
Rocky
alive555
furra_linee
ronian
toml
glamorganalun
The Boss
wales606
highland_scot
asoreleftshoulder
UlstermaninGlasgow
sensisball
alexgmacdonald
the-goon
bsando
Gretgael1
Solid8
Mickado
Golden
Imperialbigdave
LeinsterFan4life
MacKnocked-on
SecretFly
GLove39
IanBru
cakeordeath
George Carlin
Jenifer McLadyboy
Notch
Feckless Rogue
MrsP
Gibson
RDW
VinceWLB
Tramptastic
funnyExiledScot
pete (buachaill on eirne)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
TJ1
21st Century Schizoid Man
Artful_Dodger
jimbopip
60 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh - Page 14 Empty Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 May 2013, 9:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Well boys, here we are at the mid-way point on the rope bridge: who will tumble into the crocodile infested waters and who will march on to Ulster?
Thereplacements bench vs Connacht pretty much tells us who will deffo start, so
1. Grant (British and Irish front row of the season)
2.WeePee ( although I can't put a cigarette paper between him and Hall on form)
3. Angela ( pit mair weight oan that bar!)
4.Swinson (unbelievably consistent this season)
5. Kellock ( if paternity leave is over, Ryder played very well v Connacht but we wont go to a Dublin semi without our spiritual leader)
6. Bluto
7. Barclay
8. Wilson ( the back row picks itself, Harley is very unfortunate but will be on the bench)
9. Matawaloo (furra linee)
10. Ruaridh ( he is the only 10, with Horne and Hogg as cover)
11. DTH
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed no centres. I think this is where Toonie will earn his corn, or not.
Horne-Schlong were good on Friday. Schlong was very good going forward, but can he defend against the angles BOD will conjure up?
Morrison- Dunbar would be solid defensively and if Dunbar got the ball could be effective going forward.
Morrison-Messiah would certainly carry some clout.
Dunbar-Horne would be the most attack minded.
Then again 10-12-13 could be Horne-Dunbar-Messiah defending from out to in and forcing Madigan back into the loving embrace of Barclay.
I know games are won or lost in the pack, but if Toonie picks the right centre combination we will win convincingly as opposed to throwing away a winning position earlier in the season.
How many sleeps till the match?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh - Page 14 Empty Re: Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh

Post by cakeordeath Tue 14 May 2013, 3:09 pm

This thread has taken an unexpected turn

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh - Page 14 Empty Re: Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh

Post by TJ1 Tue 14 May 2013, 4:11 pm

Definition: Throw forward
A throw forward occurs when a player throws or passes the ball forward. ‘Forward’ means towards the opposing team’s dead ball line.

http://www.irblaws.com/index.php?law=12

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Tue 14 May 2013, 4:16 pm

TJ wrote:
Definition: Throw forward
A throw forward occurs when a player throws or passes the ball forward. ‘Forward’ means towards the opposing team’s dead ball line.

http://www.irblaws.com/index.php?law=12

What about when the player throws it backwards but because of momentum the ball travels forward,this is what the debate is about.I would have agreed with you 100% until I saw the article I linked to earlier which seems to suggest that refs are interpreting it differently.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Tue 14 May 2013, 4:24 pm

There is no wriggle room in how the law is worded.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 14 May 2013, 4:33 pm

The key part of the definition is "player throws or passes".

It's a common mistake to think that if the ball travels forwards in the air (i.e. towards the opposition try line), that it's a forward pass.

Due to the momentum of the player, which unless playing for Scotland will invariably be running forward when passing, the ball when thrown backwards will almost always thereafter move forwards in relation to the opposition try line. The key is whether, when leaving the players hand, the ball is thrown or passed forwards at that point (it's usually quite obvious when it happens, but not always).

There's a really good video on the interweb explaining this, but I can't be bothered to find it.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 14 May 2013, 4:42 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:There's a really good video on the interweb explaining this, but I can't be bothered to find it.

Laugh clap

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Tue 14 May 2013, 4:54 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
There's a really good video on the interweb explaining this, but I can't be bothered to find it.

If only someone could invent some way of searching the internet. You could go to a web page and enter what you are looking for and it would return possibilities. Nah, probably never happen

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 15 May 2013, 8:52 am

cakeordeath wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:

If only someone could invent some way of searching the internet. You could go to a web page and enter what you are looking for and it would return possibilities. Nah, probably never happen

...call it Googleplex and you've made a fortune..... or...hang on, shorten that to Google! - Catchy!

Take that idea to Dragon's Den quickly, cakeordeath, before someone else steals it.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 15 May 2013, 9:26 am

If this is about Boss's "forward pass" to Conway, then I agree that the tackle made it look forward but that was a momentum pass.

I stood up out of my seat and loudly suggested Monseuir Guazere should brush up on his newtonian mechanics...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 May 2013, 10:47 am

You crowd-pleaser, you! Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 15 May 2013, 10:54 am

Mickado wrote:If this is about Boss's "forward pass" to Conway, then I agree that the tackle made it look forward but that was a momentum pass.

I stood up out of my seat and loudly suggested Monseuir Guazere should brush up on his newtonian mechanics...
...whilst questionning, in a very real sense, whether nuptials ever occurred between Mr and Mrs Guazere?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 15 May 2013, 1:34 pm

Where's yer father? Where's yer father? Where's yer father referee?
Yeh haven't got one, Yeh haven't got one, You're a B$%&ard referee.

Where's those musical emoticons?

OK a bit too 1970s soccer........but hey

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 15 May 2013, 3:51 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

Theory of relativity basically no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 15 May 2013, 4:22 pm

Relativity and relative velocity aren't the same Pete.

I'd explain it to you but you've got enough study on yer plate.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 15 May 2013, 4:37 pm

Mickado wrote:Relativity and relative velocity aren't the same Pete.

I'd explain it to you but you've got enough study on yer plate.

Don't I know it! picard Social inclusion in education is currently breaking my balls. Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14