The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh

+56
red_stag
DrTreasure
maestegmafia
rodders
justified sinner
RuggerRadge2611
JmD
Rory_Gallagher
logie28
flyhalffactory
tigertattie
mckay1402
LondonTiger
Sin é
Rocky
alive555
furra_linee
ronian
toml
glamorganalun
The Boss
wales606
highland_scot
asoreleftshoulder
UlstermaninGlasgow
sensisball
alexgmacdonald
the-goon
bsando
Gretgael1
Solid8
Mickado
Golden
Imperialbigdave
LeinsterFan4life
MacKnocked-on
SecretFly
GLove39
IanBru
cakeordeath
George Carlin
Jenifer McLadyboy
Notch
Feckless Rogue
MrsP
Gibson
RDW
VinceWLB
Tramptastic
funnyExiledScot
pete (buachaill on eirne)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
TJ1
21st Century Schizoid Man
Artful_Dodger
jimbopip
60 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh Empty Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 May 2013, 9:00 am

Well boys, here we are at the mid-way point on the rope bridge: who will tumble into the crocodile infested waters and who will march on to Ulster?
Thereplacements bench vs Connacht pretty much tells us who will deffo start, so
1. Grant (British and Irish front row of the season)
2.WeePee ( although I can't put a cigarette paper between him and Hall on form)
3. Angela ( pit mair weight oan that bar!)
4.Swinson (unbelievably consistent this season)
5. Kellock ( if paternity leave is over, Ryder played very well v Connacht but we wont go to a Dublin semi without our spiritual leader)
6. Bluto
7. Barclay
8. Wilson ( the back row picks itself, Harley is very unfortunate but will be on the bench)
9. Matawaloo (furra linee)
10. Ruaridh ( he is the only 10, with Horne and Hogg as cover)
11. DTH
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed no centres. I think this is where Toonie will earn his corn, or not.
Horne-Schlong were good on Friday. Schlong was very good going forward, but can he defend against the angles BOD will conjure up?
Morrison- Dunbar would be solid defensively and if Dunbar got the ball could be effective going forward.
Morrison-Messiah would certainly carry some clout.
Dunbar-Horne would be the most attack minded.
Then again 10-12-13 could be Horne-Dunbar-Messiah defending from out to in and forcing Madigan back into the loving embrace of Barclay.
I know games are won or lost in the pack, but if Toonie picks the right centre combination we will win convincingly as opposed to throwing away a winning position earlier in the season.
How many sleeps till the match?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh Empty Re: Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh

Post by Artful_Dodger Sun 05 May 2013, 9:02 am

As an Ulster fan - we haven't beaten Scarlets yet. Might be very heavy favourites but there could also be a big back lash from Scarlets after the Treviso performance. Taking nothing for granted.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh Empty Re: Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 May 2013, 9:31 am

Dodger, if it wasn't for the Warriors I would say Ulster have been the team of the season, but then I am a tad biased. You deserve to beat Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh 3559488474 and a Warriors- Ulster final would be one to look forward to. But then if Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh 3559488474 actually beat you then we get a home final, if we make it, and I know that is a very big if.
Kinda confused; you deserve to be in the final, UlstermaninGlasgow would go schizoid trying to figure out who to support, the league would benefit from a cracking finale BUT would I rather have a home final against Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh 3559488474

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 May 2013, 9:33 am

If Hogg can kick then we could go with Horne at 10, Jacko bench, Schlong and Dunbar at 13/12 ? How does that sound Jimbo ?

Artful - see you In Dublin on the 25th Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 05 May 2013, 9:35 am

Should be a really good game. I cannot believe ( from looking at the table) glasgows stats least points conceded and most tries scored.

http://www.espnscrum.com/rabodirect-pro12-2012-13/rugby/series/166979.html?template=pointstable

To some extent this is the year the pro 12 really matured with some great games and fierce competition and nothing certain till the end. Glasgow have done very well to get third especially considering the disastrous start to the season.

I just hope the playoffs are quality games with teams continuing to go out to win not to not lose.

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 May 2013, 9:40 am

TJ,

we have to play to win, its knock out time and in fairness to Toony (only 4% muppet now Jimbo) that is the way he has set out the team all season with a few centre tweaks as discussed above in Jimbo's post.

WARRIORS -WHATEVER IT TAKES

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 May 2013, 9:43 am

Schiz, I think Schlong has the tenancy agreement at no13 just now and it will take dynamite to evict him. Jacko looked good against DP but either Madigan or Sexton are a different proposition. Dunbar looks to be our best 12 and from his comments on Alba will be fit, so will probably start.
I would be tempted with Murchie on the bench as he covers more positions and Hogg is now a Lions standard fly-half, allegedly. Headscratch

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Sun 05 May 2013, 9:45 am

21st - I just hope all of the teams are not paralysed by fear of failure and revert to conservative game plans. this years has seen some great attacking rugby all round and I hope it continues. I am (almost) neutral on this being an MFL fan

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sun 05 May 2013, 9:53 am

Right, need to check flights to Dublin to see if this is in anyway possible OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 05 May 2013, 9:54 am

TJ wrote:21st - I just hope all of the teams are not paralysed by fear of failure and revert to conservative game plans. this years has seen some great attacking rugby all round and I hope it continues. I am (almost) neutral on this being an MFL fan
Too late for the sympathy vote TJ. Laugh
Just get behind the Warriors and all will be forgiven.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 05 May 2013, 10:16 am

This is gonna be a savage game lads. The two teams who scored the most points battle it out. We have done the double on you can we do the triple.

Thank god this is in Dublin if we were playing ye up in yer auld spot I'd be pretty nervy!

We have Stade Francais the week after this game but I am still expecting a pretty much full strength team out from the Boys in Blue to get us in to two finals for what the third year in a row??? Leinster are class.

Healy-Strauss-Ross
Cullen-Toner
SOB-Heaslip-Jenno
Boss<?>-Sexton
Darcy-BOD
Nacewa-Kearney-McFadden

Cronin-McGrath-Hagan-Roux-Ruddock-Cooney-Madigan-Conway

As a wise man so often says,
Believe guinness

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 05 May 2013, 11:02 am

I'd go with dunbar and lamont in the centres, pyrgos, horne and murchie on the bench.

Should be a cracker, and I agree that the key for glasgow is not to clam up and go conservative. Get matawalu attcking from anywhere, jackson playing flat and attcking the ball and bringing the two powerful offloading centres into the leinster midfield.

I may be tempted to start harley at 6 with strauss at 8, and have wilson on the bench for impact.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 May 2013, 12:50 pm

Interesting fES, Harley to start could work too! I am eating massive amounts of humble pie re Toonie and his coaching prowess. He has demonstrated (and Munro and the Oz defence coach Taylor) a real shrewdness that he did not show for Scotland - albeit working under the Bath Bel1end.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 May 2013, 1:16 pm

I reckon this might work too :-

Hogg
Maitland
Lamont
Dunbar
DTH
Horne
Niko
Wilson
Barclay
Strauss
Kellock
Swinson
Welsh
MacArthur
Grant

Low
Hall
Kalman
Ryder
Harley
Murchie
Pyrgos
Jacko

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Sun 05 May 2013, 1:23 pm

It is interesting to note how Toonie's time at Scotland didn't work out when we now know he does having coaching smarts... Was it Robinson's fault entirely then that we couldn't score tries? Or can it be laid at the player's feet?

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 05 May 2013, 1:30 pm

I think it's easier to coach a club when you are all year long with the players than a national setup when you have few weeks here and there.

That say, i want anyone but Horne for the kicking duties on saturday, Matawalu must start, ideally Swinson and Ryder would be pairing in the row but this isn't hapenning.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 05 May 2013, 1:35 pm

Vince we need Kellock for his lineout ability and leadership although Ryan Wilson did a good job on Friday and during Int spells too. As Jimbo has stated frequently Kellock has recently totally outplayed O'Connell and Wynn Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 05 May 2013, 2:04 pm

Glasgow friends - worth considering flying to Belfast then the train down, or getting the ferry. Dublin flights are expensive, and the airlines will no doubt have hiked the prices up!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 05 May 2013, 3:34 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Glasgow friends - worth considering flying to Belfast then the train down, or getting the ferry. Dublin flights are expensive, and the airlines will no doubt have hiked the prices up!

Best way to go, when Aer Fungus and RyanAir hike the prices up. Ive done it lots of times from the Dam. You can get a bus or train down the east coastline to Dublin for 20 quid return, if you book it early. Both take around 2 hours.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun 05 May 2013, 3:49 pm

jimbopip wrote:Dodger, if it wasn't for the Warriors I would say Ulster have been the team of the season, but then I am a tad biased. You deserve to beat Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh 3559488474 and a Warriors- Ulster final would be one to look forward to. But then if Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh 3559488474 actually beat you then we get a home final, if we make it, and I know that is a very big if.
Kinda confused; you deserve to be in the final, UlstermaninGlasgow would go schizoid trying to figure out who to support, the league would benefit from a cracking finale BUT would I rather have a home final against Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh 3559488474

I know the fans of neither team are taking anything for granted but, one thing I am pretty certain of and that is that there is only one way UMIG would go on that one. The clue is in the name!

Very Happy

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 05 May 2013, 5:40 pm

Glasgow have been a joy to watch this year. Shame we have to crush their hopes and dreams now. But it's about time we won these playoffs.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 05 May 2013, 5:58 pm

I can see Glasgow pulling this off...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 05 May 2013, 6:12 pm

Well I'd give them a good chance. Only 5 points in it when we played them here a few weeks ago. Leinster have to be favourites though with home advantage.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 05 May 2013, 6:23 pm

Notch wrote:I can see Glasgow pulling this off...

So can I. They are a great side who will not lie down. Mentally harder and far more attack-minded since last season. We scraped by them in the PRO12 SF at the RDS last year. They will be a handful for the full 80.

But, I think Sexton, back in his pomp, will swing it for us though. After all the gushing praise of Madigan, you can see the differ in Leinster when JS plays. Having them both in the same team, nails it for me. Having Nacewa, in his last few games for us and in his career, also gives us an edge. I think we will see the best of him on his way out the door. And that's saying something.

Cant see us losing any game from a possible 3 at the RDS, tbh.

We'll see.

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 05 May 2013, 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 05 May 2013, 6:29 pm

Notch wrote:I can see Glasgow pulling this off...
what? Have a Rabo final in the RDS with no Leinster? Fock dat...

We haven't missed (or won) one yet.

See any of youse Glasgow lads for a pint. Hopefully administer some truncheon too.... Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 05 May 2013, 8:38 pm

I think whichever side comes through this will take the title.

The reason Leinster should be nervous is that as a collective, we are a much stronger team now than the Glasgow side that lost earlier this season. A lot of belief in this side now and the players that can split open a game are all in form. We have also posted some whopping scores against good opposition away from home.

What I hope doesn't happen is that we slide out of the game because of Rhubarb's urine poor goalkicking.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Sun 05 May 2013, 8:59 pm

George Carlin wrote:I think whichever side comes through this will take the title.

The reason Leinster should be nervous is that as a collective, we are a much stronger team now than the Glasgow side that lost earlier this season. A lot of belief in this side now and the players that can split open a game are all in form. We have also posted some whopping scores against good opposition away from home.

What I hope doesn't happen is that we slide out of the game because of Rhubarb's urine poor goalkicking.

I reckon toonie will give the kicking duties to Hogg from the off just so Rhubarb can focus on his own game.

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 05 May 2013, 10:06 pm

jimbopip wrote:
5. Kellock ( if paternity leave is over, Ryder played very well v Connacht but we wont go to a Dublin semi without our spiritual leader)
6. Bluto
7. Barclay
8. Wilson ( the back row picks itself, Harley is very unfortunate but will be on the bench)
11. DTH
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed no centres. I think this is where Toonie will earn his corn, or not.
Horne-Schlong were good on Friday. Schlong was very good going forward, but can he defend against the angles BOD will conjure up?
Morrison- Dunbar would be solid defensively and if Dunbar got the ball could be effective going forward.
Then again 10-12-13 could be Horne-Dunbar-Messiah defending from out to in and forcing Madigan back into the loving embrace of Barclay.
I know games are won or lost in the pack, but if Toonie picks the right centre combination we will win convincingly as opposed to throwing away a winning position earlier in the season.

Does your Shlong have the Horne?

Jaysus lads. I know you explained the nicknames a few weeks ago but I can't keep up with them all. The Messiah I got, and I know that some posters use more than you have here, but just remember there are fans of other teams who have to make head or tail of this sh1t.

We should be going balls to the wall for this one

Something like (Note the lack of nicknames)

Healy
Strauss
Ross
Cullen
Toner
O'Brien
Jennings
Heaslip

Boss
Sexton
Nacewa
D'Arcy/Madigan
O'Driscoll
McFadden
R Kearney

Cronin
McGrath
Hagan
Roux
Ruddock/McLaughlin
Cooney
Madigan/Goodman
D Kearney/Conway

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 06 May 2013, 5:18 am

jimbopip wrote:Well boys, here we are at the mid-way point on the rope bridge: who will tumble into the crocodile infested waters and who will march on to Ulster?
Thereplacements bench vs Connacht pretty much tells us who will deffo start, so
6. Bluto
7. Barclay
11. DTH
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

A Jimbopip lexicon for those not steeped in Weeg:

2. WeePee - Pat MacArthur
3. Angela - Jon Welsh
6. Bluto - Josh Strauss
10. Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson
13. Schlong - Sean Lamont
12/13. The Messiah - Mark Bennett

Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE (Rabo Pro 12 Coach of the Year 2012-2013:
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/top-rugby-stories/gregor-townsend-scoops-pro12-coach-of-the-year-1-2920938) Shocked
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 06 May 2013, 8:13 am

See any of youse Glasgow lads for a pint. Hopefully administer some truncheon too.... Smile [/quote]
Jeni, either you are a member of the Dublin constabulary with a questionable approach to managing public order or the above is a metaphor for unsavoury practices which the Warrior nation tend to shun. (mind I say tend as one should never be too prescriptive, except for Morris dancing of course.)
Then you criticise me for using nicknames!

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 06 May 2013, 8:31 am

jimbopip wrote:
See any of youse Glasgow lads for a pint. Hopefully administer some truncheon too.... Smile
Jeni, either you are a member of the Dublin constabulary with a questionable approach to managing public order or the above is a metaphor for unsavoury practices which the Warrior nation tend to shun. (mind I say tend as one should never be too prescriptive, except for Morris dancing of course.)
Then you criticise me for using nicknames![/quote]

Laugh Laugh Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 06 May 2013, 8:32 am

Ah critiscise is a bit strong. Just a plea for clarity on a board frequented by fans of man
y teams.
The translation kindly provided by mr Carlin is great, but only a few of them will stick in my head and we will be back to square one next time.

As regards Administering Truncheon.... When you have a shlong with the horne what else do you expect....... king

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 06 May 2013, 8:42 am

To go slightly off topic. Does anyone follow the warriors on twitter they have been talking about a "huge" announcement they are going to make today.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 06 May 2013, 8:46 am

Jen - I have been thinking about your claim that you are called the Ladyboys because you're so pretty.
Let's consider the evidence:

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh Andrew12

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh Cullen11

Leinster v Glasgow Warriors The Semi Cometh Heinke11

You're right. Gorgeous.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 06 May 2013, 8:46 am

Jenifer,

Schlong (SLamont) got his sobriquet after posing nude for a French beefcake calender photo a few years ago - apparently he is rather well endowed in the gentleman's area Shocked

Peter Horne - I like Hornee furra Linnee - taken from Hugh Dan the Heedrum Hodrum Man and his garlic (BBC Alba)!

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 06 May 2013, 8:56 am

Jen, can you see the headline..
SCHLONG-HORNE IN SEMI SHOCK HORROR

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 06 May 2013, 8:59 am

I would have thought those lads would be considered stunning in Glasgow George. Shocked

Only one of them is a native. Even God has off days.

I got the Alba bit. It's not a million miles away from Irish. We invaded youse about 1400 years ago creating the devide that exists to this day between the pictish folk and the scots

Well I say we. I mean the people who used to exist here before we were invaded multiple times ourselves.

I say divide. I mean ONE of the divisions...

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 06 May 2013, 9:01 am

jimbopip wrote:Jen, can you see the headline..
SCHLONG-HORNE IN SEMI SHOCK HORROR
hornie shlong administers truncheon in semi.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 06 May 2013, 9:29 am

cakeordeath wrote:To go slightly off topic. Does anyone follow the warriors on twitter they have been talking about a "huge" announcement they are going to make today.

No doubt Glasgow have signed Richie McCaw, which will be followed up with the announcement that Edinburgh have signed a 21 year old stand off from the championship ....not that I'm bitter!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 06 May 2013, 9:45 am

Mike Cusack returning would quite literally be a huge annoucement.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 06 May 2013, 9:56 am

Ok, I admit it.

I'm signing as Glasgow's new water boy/mail room gimp. As signings go, this is crazy huge.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 06 May 2013, 11:41 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/GlasgowWarriors/status/331354446632210432/photo/1

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 06 May 2013, 11:50 am

Jaysus Ritchie McCaw's lost weight.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 06 May 2013, 11:59 am

So Matawalu extends his contract up to May 2015 Very Happy

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 06 May 2013, 12:00 pm

Nice tattoo IanBru. You're also a lot more, well, Polynesian than I expected.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 06 May 2013, 12:39 pm

Good timing for Saturday's game tbh - they obviously realised that Mata puts hundreds onto the gate - he is a sublime entertaining rugby player .

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 06 May 2013, 1:24 pm

George Carlin wrote:Nice tattoo IanBru. You're also a lot more, well, Polynesian than I expected.
I don't know what you mean, GC? Didn't you know that the term 'South Sea Islands' includes Mull? Well now you know...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 06 May 2013, 1:49 pm

Palm Trees, Thistles, Sun, Sea, Sand and Snow. Mull is an exotic paradise

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 06 May 2013, 2:08 pm

IanBru wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Nice tattoo IanBru. You're also a lot more, well, Polynesian than I expected.
I don't know what you mean, GC? Didn't you know that the term 'South Sea Islands' includes Mull? Well now you know...
Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 06 May 2013, 2:57 pm

IanBru wrote:

Ian, take it you are aware that the West Highland Way does not quite make it to Mull !!!! ????? Erm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next