The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September

+31
SecretFly
Rory_Gallagher
asoreleftshoulder
Neutralee
Golden
The Saint
highland_scot
LeinsterFan4life
Pete330v2
Artful_Dodger
stevetynant
kunu
Manky-Flanker
GLove39
alive555
21st Century Schizoid Man
VinceWLB
RDW
the-goon
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
BigGee
Jenifer McLadyboy
Dorothy_Mantooth
thebandwagonsociety
funnyExiledScot
IanBru
Notch
cakeordeath
EWT Spoons
jimbopip
George Carlin
35 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Empty Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September

Post by George Carlin Sun 31 Aug 2014, 7:09 am

Glasgow WarriorsGlasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Angry10 v Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Swear111Leinster Rugby

Saturday 6 September 2014, KO 17:15
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports
Referee: Nigel OwensGlasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Yesss11 (WRU, 112th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Neil Paterson, Bob Nevins (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: Paul Minto (SRU)
TMO: Jim Yuille (SRU)

A. Teams:

I. Glasgow
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Laura_10
15. Peter Murchie
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Mark Bennett
12. Alex Dunbar
11. Lee Jones
10. Peter Horne
09. Henry Pyrgos

01. Alex Allan
02. Fraser Brown
03. Euan Murray
04. Leone Nakarawa
05. Jonny Gray
06. Rob Harley
07. Chris Fusaro
08. Josh Strauss (Captain)

16. Pat MacArthur
17. Gordon Reid
18. Rossouw de Klerk
19. Tim Swinson
20. Adam Ashe
21. Niko Matawalu
22. Stuart Hogg
23. Sean Lamont

II. Leinster
Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Dood10
15. Zane Kirchner
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Brendan Macken
12. Noel Reid
11. Darragh Fanning
10. Jimmy Gopperth
09. Isaac Boss

01. Cian Healy
02. Sean Cronin
03. Mike Ross
04. Ben Marshall
05. Mike McCarthy
06. Dominic Ryan
07. Shane Jennings
08. Sean O'Brien CAPTAIN

16. Bryan Byrne
17. Jack McGrath
18. Tadhg Furlong
19. Tom Denton
20. Kevin McLaughlin
21. Luke McGrath
22. Ian Madigan
23. Mick McGrath

B. Form - head to head:

35 Played 35
9 Wins 25
25 Losses 9
1 Draws 1
65 Tries 95
42 Conversions 67
68 Penalties 93
3 Drop Goals 1
622 Points 891
25 Avg. Age 28

C. Form - last season:
31/5/14: Leinster Rugby 34 - 12 Glasgow WarriorsGlasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Gaah11

1/3/14: Leinster Rugby 28 - 25 Glasgow Warriors

20/9/13: Glasgow Warriors 12 - 6 Leinster Rugby

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September

Post by jimbopip Sun 31 Aug 2014, 10:56 am

Definite starters on Friday?
1. Shrek
2.MacArthur/Bryce
3.???
4.Naka
5.Gray
6.Jedi(Harley)
7.Holmes (Fozzie hasn't been at his dynamic best in pre-season)
8.Bluto
9. Henry
10.Now you're asking
11.DTH
12.Dunbar
13.angel
14.Tenessee Tam ( but Selkirk Pixie will probably bench)
15.Murchie
Possible starters
Roussow
Allan with the sidestep
Swinson
Mata (will most likely bench)
If you look at my definites for next Friday you'll see gaps in the front row and at half-back. Roussow and Allan the sidestep both look good but are way too inexperienced to start against Leinster ( in my mind: but in Toonie's?). Shrek hasn't looked convincing and Jerry Y still looks like a good squad player rather than a starting tight head. GC is correct in that we should have munched their scrum every time. Is that because we had a lightweight back row (to use RDW's words)? Or was it a front five who haven't played together often enough? Either way it needs to be sorted before Friday. I get the feeling that Toonie will go with a big abrasive back row so Fozzie and Ashe could be having a rest.
The half backs are no better. Meatball hasn't looked anything these last two games and we still haven't seen Finn Russell. I have a feeling that this is Meatball's Rhuaridh Jackson season (if you don't make the jersey yours, what's the point in keeping you?) and the pressure is getting to him. I hope I'm wrong and it's just pre-season rustiness.
I am coming to the conclusion that Niko is a magician but not a 9: more Tommy Cooper than Merlin, in that position. Last week he was electric against Quins but cost us the game on their line in the last minute. Yesterday, for most all of the second half we were outscored by London Scottish ffs. The feeling amongst many Weegies runs along the lines, "Yeah, he will cost us games but he also wins us more." I'm just not sure. With the backs we have then quick, reliable ball to them will win us more than we lose. You know, a Cooseater type scrum half. Doh
First game on Friday and already Toonie has me in a spin Shocked

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 6 September

Post by George Carlin Sun 31 Aug 2014, 1:30 pm

jimbopip wrote:Definite starters on Friday?
1. Shrek
2.MacArthur/Bryce
3.???
4.Naka
5.Gray
6.Jedi(Harley)
7.Holmes (Fozzie hasn't been at his dynamic best in pre-season)
8.Bluto
9. Henry
10.Now you're asking
11.DTH
12.Dunbar
13.angel
14.Tenessee Tam ( but Selkirk Pixie will probably bench)
15.Murchie
Possible starters
Roussow
Allan with the sidestep
Swinson
Mata (will most likely bench)
If you look at my definites for next Friday you'll see gaps in the front row and at half-back. Roussow and Allan the sidestep both look good but are way too inexperienced to start against Leinster ( in my mind: but in Toonie's?). Shrek hasn't looked convincing and Jerry Y still looks like a good squad player rather than a starting tight head. GC is correct in that we should have munched their scrum every time. Is that because we had a lightweight back row (to use RDW's words)? Or was it a front five who haven't played together often enough? Either way it needs to be sorted before Friday. I get the feeling that Toonie will go with a big abrasive back row so Fozzie and Ashe could be having a rest.
The half backs are no better. Meatball hasn't looked anything these last two games and we still haven't seen Finn Russell. I have a feeling that this is Meatball's Rhuaridh Jackson season (if you don't make the jersey yours, what's the point in keeping you?) and the pressure is getting to him. I hope I'm wrong and it's just pre-season rustiness.
I am coming to the conclusion that Niko is a magician but not a 9: more Tommy Cooper than Merlin, in that position. Last week he was electric against Quins but cost us the game on their line in the last minute. Yesterday, for most all of the second half we were outscored by London Scottish ffs. The feeling amongst many Weegies runs along the lines, "Yeah, he will cost us games but he also wins us more." I'm just not sure. With the backs we have then quick, reliable ball to them will win us more than we lose. You know, a Cooseater type scrum half. Doh
First game on Friday and already Toonie has me in a spin Shocked
Hmm. Just back luck that our entire first choice front rows had surgeries in the off season. Apart from Reid, this has to be the weak point in the team at the moment. That said, we need to find a new hooker (not you Pat, sorry) quite soon and we need to find out how good De Klerk is too. Are we really going to send in Murray against Cian Healy without any previous game time...? I would probably start with our young Cheetah first and then add the Rev later if he's struggling. Quite gratifying to see young Herbst get the better of Healy in the last Leinster game though - that's the thing about propping - everyone is vulnerable to a young pretender having a good afternoon.

Second row picks itself - Big Naka has been in flagball-tastic mode already this season and Jonny just needs to turn the dog up to 11.

Bluto, Harley and probably Sherlock for me - he looks in great shape and is harder than nail pie.

Jimbo - completely disagree about Niko. We were in touching distance of Quins because he's already scored 2 tries in the match - the first one at least nobody else could have scored apart from him. He has to start at 9. Has. To. Weir will doubtless throw his trademark intercept pass a few times - he has to realise that his coat is on a shaky nail this season and that his position is in jeopardy the moment Russell has finished his jelly and ice-cream and his mum lets him come back to training.

We are positively soggy with quality and options from 11-15 and DTH has looked red hot in particular. Amazing to say that we don't really need Hogg or Maitland to start, but, well, we don't.

Last edited by George Carlin on Mon 01 Sep 2014, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 31 Aug 2014, 10:10 pm

George, I don't want to sound any more imbecilic than usual so I'll try to keep this succinct. Mad Mad Mata is , at times, sublime. At times he is a liability. I would suggest that we lost the second 40 minutes yesterday to a team who finished fifth in the second tier in England in large part due to poor game management and poor ball from the half backs.
At times with Niko you can only stand back and gaze in wonder. Other times you want to cover your eyes.
I think it has to come down to the "Moneyball" assessment ; does the team play better (ie have more chance of winning ) with or without this player regardless of his individual talents.
I would suggest that not so long ago Glasgow were very dependent on Niko's flashes of inspiration but I think we're a lot better than that now. As you say we have quality and options from 11-15 and DTH has looked red hot in particular. Amazing to say that we don't really need Hogg or Maitland to start, but, well, we don't. What we need is a half back pairing who will get the ball into Dunbar's hands quickly and regularly. Someone like Cooseater, as it were.
As a lifelong Partick Thistle fan I know a Denis McQuade when I see one.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 01 Sep 2014, 8:37 am

I have no problem with Henners McCleancut.
Sometimes he's just not, well, Fijian enough.

I always thought that Henry Pyrgos sounded like the dean of McBumferties Academy, Stockbridge.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:45 am

GC, attempting to be satirical says,

"I always thought that Henry Pyrgos sounded like the dean of McBumferties Academy, Stockbridge."

EWT attempting to sound serious says,

"our defence is looking pretty decent, and it’s good to see Timmy getting amongst the tries."

So the MFL 's main strike weapon is a refugee from The Famous Five.  picard

Can you imagine just for a moment Shade Munro telling Shrek, Harley and Bluto, "This afternoon lads comb your hair, tuck your shirts in and concentrate on looking pretty decent out there will you?" picard

That's the problem with satire George, reality trumps you every time.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:47 am

I suppose putting defence and Visser into the same sentence was a mistake.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:57 am

A magnanimous response Mr Spoons. You're going to Thomond on Saturday with a depleted squad to meet a Munster side who are either an unhappy mutinous rabble or are really peed off and wanting to prove their coach wrong. Good luck. Fingers Crossed

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:07 am

Cheers Jimbo, I shall remain optimistic that Munster have essentially downed tools following the letter shambles.

Not an easy start for Glasgow either, hopefully you boys get a good start to the season.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 01 Sep 2014, 12:44 pm

I am going to predict Leinster by 10. I am worried about our set piece, and I also think LS broke our defensive line too easily on Saturday.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 01 Sep 2014, 1:43 pm

You know Cake, I thought Quins scored one ridiculously easy try from a line out and Lee Jones was way out of position for another. Still if we start with Ickle Jonnie, Harley, Bluto and possibly Downey at 12 there should be no shortage of collisions.
Toonie has used four props so far, so it seems reasonable to expect those four to be in the 23 come Friday. Yes I know: Toonie and reasonable in the same sentence. Doh
For both games Meatball was the only recognised 10, my reading was that he was being told to stake his claim. Interestingly he finished neither match. Horne Furra looked more incisive when he came on against Quins. So who starts on Friday?
If it's a running track then I would fancy our backs against any in the Pro12 as long as we get the ball out to them: picking half backs who can do that with the minimum fuss would be my priority.
1. Shrek
2.Bryce
3.Rossouw
4. Future Cap'n
5. Naka Flagball
6.Harley
7.Holmes
8.Bluto
9.Henners
10. Furra Linee
11. DTH
12. Downey then Dunbar ? Nah start with Wee Eck
13 There is only one angel
14. Tennessee Tam
15. Murchie

16. Sidestep
17. Jerry
18.Swinson
19. Jedi
20 WeePee
21 Mad Mata
22 Downey
23 Meatball
What wouldn't the MFL give for the players left out?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:32 pm

If Glasgow lose this one it's a very bad sign. Leinster are the archetypal slow starters - their record in the opening game stinks, mainly because they have so many test players who are either not available or have had shorter pre-seasons. The whole IRFU system is designed so the international players peak for test matches and the Six Nations, and at the end of the season. Fatigue is a factor and games at the start of the season are semi-sacrificed so players aren't knackered. The season doesn't really start properly for the top players until Round 3 or 4 of the league so getting an Irish province at home in the first game is a big advantage for a side with Glasgows aspirations.

This year I think they have had D'Arcy, O'Brien and Healy for a decent pre-season though- maybe more- so they won't be too undercooked but with a lack of quality in the second row and at hooker and their ongoing weakness at halfback and in the centres they'll be very beatable.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:36 pm

Since the Welsh regions were formed, on the opening day of the season Leinster have;

Won twice
Drawn twice
Lost eight times
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 01 Sep 2014, 3:45 pm

Weather is set for dry but overcast for the week, I guess that makes the pitch dry but not hard as concrete.

[Edit: I realise that this was basically the most boring post in the history of western civilisation.]
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:23 pm

Ian your post was dry, but not as dull as concrete.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 01 Sep 2014, 5:57 pm

If the weather is dry and Naka and Matawalu start I'd back Glasgow to win an entertaining encounter, with Bennett and DTH to the fore.

As pointed out above the worry is the front row, with Glasgow under the weather with injuries, but I still reckon Glasgow will edge this.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 01 Sep 2014, 6:07 pm

I'll be happy if Leinster manage to hold onto LBP however I reckon Glasgow win by 10-12 points.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 04 Sep 2014, 8:12 am

When are the teams posted?

And can some of our Glasgow regulars like Dot provide any insight into the mood in the Glasgow squad?

Liked the interview with De Klerk in the Hootsmon where he was very calm and somewhat 'meh' about facing off against Cian Healy. I think if you've been trained in the Blue Bulls scrummaging stable, then there won't really be much that intimidates you.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:06 pm

Not a great set of backs!

Murchie
Seymour
Bennett
Dunbar
Jones

Horne
Pygros

Allan
Brown
Murray
Naka
Gray
Harley
Fusaro
Strauss

Replacements

McArthur, Reid, De Klerk, Swinson, Ashe, Niko, Lamont and Hogg

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:14 pm

Three stand off options injured in pre-season!!! DTH is also out with an injury, not sure how long he's expected to be out. He really has been plauged with injuries these past couple of seasons.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:18 pm

Isaac Boss is the first player ever to reach 100 caps for two separate provincial sides.

108 for Ulster and this will make it 100 for Leinster.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:21 pm

Leinster:
15. Zane Kirchner
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Brendan Macken
12. Noel Reid
11. Darragh Fanning
10. Jimmy Gopperth
09. Isaac Boss

01. Cian Healy
02. Sean Cronin
03. Mike Ross
04. Ben Marshall
05. Mike McCarthy
06. Dominic Ryan
07. Shane Jennings
08. Sean O'Brien CAPTAIN

16. Bryan Byrne
17. Jack McGrath
18. Tadhg Furlong
19. Tom Denton
20. Kevin McLaughlin
21. Luke McGrath
22. Ian Madigan
23. Mick McGrath
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:22 pm

Isaac Boss is in line to become the first player to represent two Irish provinces 100 times when he lines out for Leinster Rugby against Glasgow Warriors tomorrow evening in Scotstoun Stadium (Kick Off: 5.15pm) in the first round of the Guinness PRO12.
Tweet
After 108 appearances for Ulster, it was against this weekend's opposition Glasgow, but in Firhill Stadium, that he made his debut in September 2010 with an 80 minutes, try scoring display. He went on to play a further 28 times for Leinster in that debut season scoring a further three PRO12 tries and added to a memorable first season with a Heineken Cup medal from the final against Northampton.

This weekend he lines out in the familiar number nine jersey, with Jimmy Gopperth outside him at ten in what is Leinster's first competitive fixture after two pre-season friendlies against Northampton Saints and Ulster.

In the pack, Sean Cronin makes a welcome return after undergoing surgery earlier in the summer, with international colleagues Cian Healy and Mike Ross either side.

In the second row, Ben Marshall starts his first PRO12 game since February 2013 after an injury ravaged season last year, with Mike McCarthy starting his second season with Leinster Rugby beside him.

Having led the team out last weekend in Tallaght Stadium, Sean O'Brien is once again selected to captain the side from the base of the scrum with Dominic Ryan and Shane Jennings getting the nod at six and seven.

With Boss and Gopperth as the half back partners, the rest of the backline is the same as selected to start against Ulster.

Noel Reid (who in the end didn't play against Ulster) and Brendan Macken start in the centre, hoping to take their end of season B&I Cup form with them into the Guinness PRO12. St Mary's Darragh Fanning starts on the left wing with Fergus McFadden again selected on the right.

Zane Kirchner who scored five tries in his debut season, starts at full back.

The game tomorrow will be televised live on SKY Sports.

Tickets for the first home game of the year next Saturday (Kick Off: 2.40pm) against the Scarlets in the Guinness PRO12 are still on sale at www.leinsterrugby.ie/tickets

Leinster

15. Zane Kirchner
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Brendan Macken
12. Noel Reid
11. Darragh Fanning
10. Jimmy Gopperth
9. Isaac Boss
1. Cian Healy
2. Sean Cronin
3. Mike Ross
4. Ben Marshall
5. Mike McCarthy
6. Dominic Ryan
7. Shane Jennings
8. Sean O'Brien CAPTAIN

16. Bryan Byrne
17. Jack McGrath
18. Tadhg Furlong
19. Tom Denton
20. Kevin McLaughlin
21. Luke McGrath
22. Ian Madigan
23. Mick McGrath

Referee: Nigel Owens (WRU, 112th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Neil Paterson, Bob Nevins (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: Paul Minto (SRU)
TMO: Jim Yuille (SRU)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:23 pm

My mate of the same name will be happy to see 3 x McGraths on the bench. (No relation to him or each other)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:24 pm

A few useless lumps in those back lines. They'll have a very different look when the real stuff starts in Europe!

Fanning and Macken aren't Leinster standard.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:29 pm

Well I am quite keen to see how Horne goes at FH as I think he is more likely to be seeing game time there this season. He is a very good player, but not a first choice centre for me now. We may also see Hoggy getting a run out there from the bench should needs require it, or that may be the plan anyway. Murchie has looked very solid at FB during the pre season and won't be giving that position up easily.

I am actually very happy with that team. When you look at the injury list and see the strength of team we can still put out, it just shows you what depth we have now. That is a big strong pack, with plenty to come off the bench. Dunbar and Bennett are Glasgow's and with Scott injured, currently Scotland's best centre pairing and injuries permitting will surely play the AI this year. The wingers have all been on good form to be honest and I am happy enough with any combo. Lee Jones has stepped up and may make it as a 15 a side player yet.

Good to see Allan and Brown getting a start as well. They could both well be in a future Scotland front row and Allen in particular has had a very good pre season and deserves his chance. After the disappointments of last season at Edinburgh when he was hardly given a look in he will be raring to go.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

Jaysus - our starting 10 isn't a specialist 10, and neither is our bench option (Mister Attitude Problem himself).
Quite a big ask of Peter Horne - his goalkicking in particular is either red hot or stone cold, so if we're going to win this it will be by scoring tries.

As always for Glasgow fans, the official injury list makes interesting reading:
"Not available due to injury: Connor Braid (head), Mike Cusack (medical/illness), Ryan Grant (shoulder), Dougie Hall (arm), Tyrone Holmes (trunk), Al Kellock (shoulder), Finn Russell (shoulder), Tom Ryder (knees), DTH van der Merwe (back), Richie Vernon (achilles), Duncan Weir (knee), Jon Welsh (shoulder) and Ryan Wilson (shoulder)."

Don't like injuries to Holmes or Wilson - let's see how Ashe mixes with some of the bigger beasts in the jungle like Heaslip and Ryan.

As for DTH, I am heartbroken for him - let's hope it's just a niggle. The Selkirk Pixie has been in very good form, so that's going to have to continue. Otherwise, not too bad - quite a good bench, although I'd rather have Maitland than Schlong. Anyone know where Maitland is, because he's not on the injuries list?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:38 pm

Maitland had a long summer tour and has been training,so I am sure we will see him back soon. I would imagine a lot of those injuries are just niggles and in some ways with the depth we have, just make the selection process easier. I think Toonie will rotate around a bit for the first few games just to get everyone back and up to match speed and then hopefully by the time the European games come around we will know what our strongest team is. There may be a few surprises this year. The front row looks like it is going to be very competitive, even more so once Grant and hopefully Cussack make it back.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:40 pm

I suppose it is worth remembering as well that with the world cup next year there is hardly going to be a summer break for the international players. This will make it a long long season for them. All the more reason to manage them a bit at this end of it.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:45 pm

Absences just mean the chance for one or two newer faces to stake a claim - let's hope that they take it. I have a hunch that this season will be the Year of the Messiah angel

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:54 pm

Tough looking pack from Glasgow. Don't know much about numbers 1 and 2 but the rest are some hard pipe hitten mother f*ckers.

We lack height in the lineout but also have some hard pipe hitten mother f*ckers in there. Could be a decent game

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:56 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Tough looking pack from Glasgow. Don't know much about numbers 1 and 2 but the rest are some hard pipe hitten mother f*ckers.

We lack height in the lineout but also have some hard pipe hitten mother f*ckers in there. Could be a decent game
I agree and Reid/de Klerk in particular are likely to be a devastating pair of impact subs.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 05 Sep 2014, 12:59 pm

The most exciting attacking player on show is, of course, a Glasgow lock.

Now there's one you don't hear every day!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Fri 05 Sep 2014, 1:02 pm

Can anyone give any info on Mick McGrath? Haven't heard of him

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 05 Sep 2014, 1:04 pm

the-goon wrote:Can anyone give any info on Mick McGrath? Haven't heard of him

Top scorer in the AIL last year. Plays for Clontarf. Looks to be able to make the step up. Played well v Ulster and scored a try v Northampton. Decent sized guy too for an AIL winger. (Not as big as Fanning on the other wing who is also an AIL winger. (St Marys)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 05 Sep 2014, 1:13 pm

AIL, for you Scottish lads, is the All Ireland League. Although some of the Ulster lads refer to it as the AIB (All Ireland Beague?) as it used to be sponsored by AIB.

Strangely it is now sponsored by Ulster Bank so you would think that would jog their memory Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 05 Sep 2014, 1:35 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
the-goon wrote:Can anyone give any info on Mick McGrath? Haven't heard of him

Top scorer in the AIL last year. Plays for Clontarf. Looks to be able to make the step up. Played well v Ulster and scored a try v Northampton. Decent sized guy too for an AIL winger. (Not as big as Fanning on the other wing who is also an AIL winger. (St Marys)
McFadden isn't the biggest wing in the world but he's still got a stone advantage over Lee Jones, who is not referred to on these boards as the Selkirk Pixie for no reason. For all that I make fun of him and his pocket-sized physiology, he had an absolutely sparkling Commonwealth Games 7s. If you can impress Sir Gordon of Tietjens, then you must be doing something right.

Cannot believe Gibson has not appeared to comment on this thread yet. Where are you, feller?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 05 Sep 2014, 1:38 pm

He has the head down in work these days, and like many others has a pain in his hole with the way this board has gone. So many have left. I don't come on that regularly myself.

McFad is tough as nails and is very strong in the upper body. He is about 6 foot and standing beside him doesn't look small.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri 05 Sep 2014, 9:41 pm

Well, the Toonie Tombola bamboozled me once again. Where did that front row come from? Brown played 10 minutes v Quins and retired hurt, Reverend Euan hasn't featured at all.!!!
On a side note does anyone have a link where the game can be seen?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri 05 Sep 2014, 9:49 pm

jimbopip wrote:Well, the Toonie Tombola bamboozled me once again. Where did that front row come from? Brown played 10 minutes v Quins and retired hurt, Reverend Euan hasn't featured at all.!!!

Murray started against the Quins and played well. How much had you drunk by then?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Fri 05 Sep 2014, 9:53 pm

BigGee wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Well, the Toonie Tombola bamboozled me once again. Where did that front row come from? Brown played 10 minutes v Quins and retired hurt, Reverend Euan hasn't featured at all.!!!

Murray started against the Quins and played well. How much had you drunk by then?

Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 05 Sep 2014, 11:13 pm

BigGee wrote:
jimbopip wrote: Reverend Euan hasn't featured at all.!!!

Sooo.... do you think that makes up for me imagining that Tim Swinson was playing and had turned into a giant Fijian with a killer offload?

I swear, that pub had something in the water.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 06 Sep 2014, 8:02 am

Over to you Glasgow Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 06 Sep 2014, 9:30 am

Article in the Scotsman deals with Maitland and the Meatballs' absences:
Meanwhile, Glasgow head coach Gregor Townsend has played down an injury crisis that means 14 players, including late call-offs Lions wing Sean Maitland and Scotland stand-off Duncan Weir, are unavailable for the big kick-off.

Townsend revealed: “At the beginning of the week I thought Duncy would definitely be out as his knee was swollen but that came down and in the middle of the week he was able to train only for the swelling to come back.

“If it had been a game later in the season we may have played him but there is no need to risk Duncy and leave him open to further injury at this stage.

“It is the same with Sean Maitland. He is coming back from injury and he has irritated an Achilles and didn’t train yesterday so we won’t take a chance with Sean either.

“With regard to the rest we knew about a lot of them, guys like Ryan Wilson, Ryan Grant, Al Kellock were not involved in our pre-season games.”
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Sat 06 Sep 2014, 9:31 am

You realise that Edinburgh have sealed Glasgow's fate. There is no way both Scottish teams are going to win on the opening weekend.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 06 Sep 2014, 10:05 am

Would have liked to get updates about Cusack, still listed with a "medical/illness" problem, is it something they copied and pasted from last season? I was sure he went to pre season camp in france, you don't do them with an illness..

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 06 Sep 2014, 10:35 am

IanBru wrote:
BigGee wrote:
jimbopip wrote: Reverend Euan hasn't featured at all.!!!

Sooo.... do you think that makes up for me imagining that Tim Swinson was playing and had turned into a giant Fijian with a killer offload?

I swear, that pub had something in the water.

OOPs, Thing is the Rev is so small and timorous you hardly notice he's there most of the time. Mind you I'd love to know who Schiz thought he was watching.
After the Luvvies scraping through last night let's hope we put on a rather more aesthetically pleasing show. (Fecc no 3-0 will be good enough for me).

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 06 Sep 2014, 11:27 am

I was watching the mighty Glasgow Warriors your jimness. Unlike you and Wee Bru who were clearly ga-ga and in a cris de foie!
Anyway bloody scorchio here in the Sierra Des Nieves - 37 degrees yesterday at an altitude of 1500m. Mme schiz may be consulting legal council after we ran out of water in the first hour of a 6 hour climb. Anyway back to serious schieze. We bribed a local señor to put on sky 1 at 1800hrs for tonight's test. Anyway as they (now) say in this beautiful part of andalucia "viva la republica, viva el warrioriosos"
Adios amigos

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 06 Sep 2014, 12:44 pm

Ola Schizoid. Make sure herself's life insurance covers high altitude dehydration induced Ebola.
Can't compete with your exotic location for the game: I shall be visiting Princess daughter as she still has Skysports. The fact that she is going out is just a bonus, as long as I get there before she leaves.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sat 06 Sep 2014, 2:44 pm

If Schiz gets malaria, how will any of us be able to tell the difference?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next