The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cameron Wake Vs Von Miller

5 posters

Go down

Cameron Wake Vs Von Miller Empty Cameron Wake Vs Von Miller

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 07 May 2013, 4:23 pm

Was speaking to my friend about this the other day and we had different opinions on which guy we'd rather have on our team. I know they are different types of players but would be interested to see which side you fall on.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Cameron Wake Vs Von Miller Empty Re: Cameron Wake Vs Von Miller

Post by GSC Tue 07 May 2013, 4:25 pm

For 1 season compared to their careers from this point its closer, but Von Miller both times. Dynamic and disruptive, especially for a 2nd year player. Wakes a great pass rusher in his own right though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney92 Tue 07 May 2013, 4:40 pm

If I had to pick a player just for a game or whether I was picking one for a career my answer would be the same: Von Miller. He's just so athletic and can make big plays. Wake is no slouch either but I know who I would be more afraid of as a quarterback/offensive coordinator.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 07 May 2013, 4:46 pm

Yeah I'd go Von Miller too.

Wake is quality, and had a great year last season, but Miller just has that something special about him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 07 May 2013, 4:55 pm

I went for Miller too. I'd actually take Wake for one game based on last season though. I don't think either are once in a decade type talents but they can be gamechangers. Didn't see quite the step up I expected from Miller last season tbh, I think he'll reach elite status this season. Amazing to think Watt, Aldon Smith and Von Miller came in same draft class, never seen so many great pass rushing talents come out like that

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 24 May 2013, 4:19 pm

To join this very late...

I'd take Miller. They are both very good, but Miller has done it young (whereas Wake came in from the CFL at about 26 maybe) and so I would hope that he'd have even more chance to develop to another level where maybe he could become closer to the "once in decade type talent" than Wake ever would.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 2:59 pm

PFF has Cameron Wake as the best in the NFL

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/14/pass-rusher-profile-cameron-wake/

here has been no more consistently excellent outside pass rusher in the NFL over the past four seasons than the Miami Dolphins’ CFL-import Cameron Wake. Ever since a breakout 2009 season, when he recorded an astonishing 33 total pressures on a mere 130 pass rushes, Wake has been ultra-consistent in terms of his pass rush grade. In each season he has earned a grade of +23.1 or better before peaking with his stunning +37.7 grade this past season at left defensive end in the Dolphins’ switch to a 4-3 defense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down