The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

miller v bisping

+5
nasisillmatic
Valero's Conscience
gibbo104
westisbest
boomdangle
9 posters

Go down

miller v bisping Empty miller v bisping

Post by boomdangle Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:04 am

With the TUF final round the corner these two square off.

My money is on bisping to win.

I didnt realise that miller was the one who started the strikeforce riot with shields and diaz, but stepping into the ring when he had nothing to do with it and calling out diaz's friend trying to get a reaction from fighters you cannot be suprised when you succeed.

To be honest Miller hasnt really done an aweful lot in his career to impress me, and although bisping isnt in the top tier of fighters i think he has enough about him to put miller on his a*se and get the victory.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

miller v bisping Empty Re: miller v bisping

Post by westisbest Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:10 am

Hope its a good fight, looking forward to it.

Am loving this TUF series, come to think of it, tonight must be the last one before the finale.

Think Bisping will TKO Miller in the first round though.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:30 am

This fight is going to be interesting, especially as I believe it is going to be a 5 round fight. Miller is going to want to get the submission and the fact that it is over 5 rounds does mean that he is going to have more time to get something. Bisping has cardio for days though but I don’t think he is the heaviest of strikers however. I think over 3 rounds Bisping wins every time via decision but over 5 the fight gets a lot more difficult to call.

Both guys have great cardio but Bisping is the naturally bigger man (I believe that Miller has fought at 170 before and of course we all know that Bisping dropped from 205). I am going to go with Bisping via decision, but after watching this year’s TUF if Miller gets the sub I wouldn’t be overly disappointed.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:36 am

Your right about bisping being a big guy and has had trouble perhaps finishing opponents with his fists, but i still think if he hits you, your going to know about it and quite often he ends up taking the decisions.

Unless i am mistaken though the 5 rounds is new to both of them as miller from what i have read likes to put his fights away early.Don't think he will go for the gsp grind him down approach think they will both meet head on and be finished either way by the 2nd or 3rd.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:29 am

Bisping all day for me. Both not elite but as others have said miller seems to be well known more to his antics and personality rather than what he's actually done in the cage.

The UFC wouldn't want Bisping to win anyway.

Bisping UD for me.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:30 am

Miller went 5 rounds with Jake Shields for the Strikeforce 185 title (Miller lost via decision but it was slightly controversial as Miller had shields in a rear naked choke and it looked like Shields tapped but the ref didn’t see it, then Shields went on to win the decision).

Don’t get me wrong if Bisping hits you your going to know about it but knock out power I am not sure about. I hope he can get the KO as although he comes across as a bit of a tool he is still a Brit and I will 99.9% of the time cheer on the Brit. Millers only chance is to get this to the mat but one of Bispings greatest strengths is his take down defence and his ability to get up from his back.

I, like most on here so far it seems am going to stick with a Bisping W via decision

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:35 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Bisping all day for me. Both not elite but as others have said miller seems to be well known more to his antics and personality rather than what he's actually done in the cage.

The UFC wouldn't want Bisping to win anyway.

Bisping UD for me.

Why wouldn’t the UFC want Bisping to win?

I do agree though that Bisping has fought the more consistent higher level fighters. I think Millers only top opponents are GSP, Frank Trigg, Robbie Lawler, Tim Kennedy, Chael Sonnen and Jake Shields of which he lost all of them except the Robbie Lawler fight.

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:30 am

Sorry!!! I meant wouldn't want him to lose as a UK fighter and need him to promote!

Miller had thought big names but pretty much always come up short.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:35 am

I think Bisping will win via decision but I so want Miller to sub him.

I'm not bothered that Bisping is a Brit because he is an absolute b*ll end. I feel ashamed for him when he opens that mouth.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:58 am

I think Miller will win. They both have good stand up although Bispings maybe a bit better but Miller is a much better grappler than Bisping.

I reckon Miller will get a round 2 ko by GNP.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:09 am

Now the fight is only 3 days away i suddenly feel really nervous for bisping.

Although i still feel he has enough tools to get the job done i would just hate it for such a goof ball like miller to come in and derail him from a title shot. As if/when bisping picks up the victory he should only be another 1 or 2 fights tops from a shot.

Would be good to see a brit (love him or loath him) fighting for a belt.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by gibbo104 Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:58 am

boomdangle wrote:Would be good to see a brit (love him or loath him) fighting for a belt.

Agreed.

It seems as though Anderson Silva is going to be out until at least June / July and consequently there is talks of a Chael Sonnen vs Mark Munoz fighting before then to determine who fights Silva next, so the winner of that fight fights Silva and the loser of that fight fights the winner of the Miller / Bisping fight, maybe? If Bisping wins both of them he should get his shot against the spider.

My opinions on the above though are that they should just make Chael wait until the spider is fit and then get them to fight, as that fight is just too big to risk losing in case Munoz wins against Chael.
Also, Bisping could and I think will win against Miller but against Chael he gets his arse handed to him and against Munzo, I think he loses that fight as well (and against Anderson, well he doesn’t stand to much of a chance in that one also).

gibbo104

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:50 am

If Bisping wins and say beats a better guy than Miller and then gets a title shot. Silva will surely have an easy nights work and then leaves Bisping in the awkward gatekeeper scenario i.e. he beats average guys but loses when he steps up.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:46 am

There is no shame in getting beat by Spider many others have gone the same way.

But from the perspective of uk mainstream it would be good having a brit go for the title in the worlds biggest organisation. The coverage it could drum up could only benifit the sport.

Also using Dan Hardy as an example, not many fighters could come out of there bouts wiht GSP with there heads held high, after struggling and being like stretch armstrong for 3 rounds i certainly had more respect for hardy than just being a knockout artist. If Bisping was able to at least give a good account of himself it would go a way to start winning favour amongst the US fans and that itself creates better fights.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:37 am

I really hope Bisping wins as I want a Brit to get a title shot but just can't see him winning. Especially if he uses his hit and run tactics.

Don't think Bisping will ever win around Americans tbh Boomdangle. I've liked him for the last few years but recently even I'm struggling not to hate him.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:15 am

I did want Bisping to win, but after TUF 14, he went downhill a bit for my liking(although he did some funny things to).

Not to botherd if Miller wins. Just hope its a good fight.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:07 pm

I really want Miller to win.

Bisping has come over like a complete tool for the whole series and I dont care if Bisping is British, he is a punk.

I really want to see Miller destroy him!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:29 am

Adam D wrote:I really want Miller to win.

Bisping has come over like a complete tool for the whole series and I dont care if Bisping is British, he is a punk.

I really want to see Miller destroy him!

Yes Bisping has not put himself over in a very good light & in this episode like the episode he got his 1st win, with his in cage rant at Miller, he acted like a complete dickhead. Would quite like to see Miller beat him but must admit I prefer Bisping's fight style.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:41 am

So did anyone watch it?

Deserved winners of the 2 contracts - that submission by Diego looked Brutal.

After complaining about the Dodson stoppage in the semi being late I thought the stoppage on TJ was too soon. Dodson is incredibly impressive and will be one of the most successful winners of TUF ever in my opinion.

As for the main event - its the best Bisping has looked in a while however, he got caught quite a few times by Miller who looked like he had gassed badly by the end.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:26 am

Yeah, watched it.

Bermudez vs Diego was probably the best fight.
Thought Denis had him there at the end, great sub by Diego.

TJ vs Dodson, stoppage might have been a bit soon, but TJ was wobbling around, having said that TJ looked a bit out of it.
I thought he would have shot in for the takedown quite early on.
Hate to say it, you can see why TJ was avoiding him on the show.
Just cannot stand Dodson, great fighter, but one of the biggest tool's to be on the TUF shows.
Bouncing around with the trophy in his hands, just a muppet.

Bedford looked good.

Tony Ferguson is a decent fighter to.

Miller vs Bisping. Miller did well first round, but Bisping stepped it up a bit, as you say Miller was gassed, didnt look impressive after that.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:15 am

Only saw the Bisping vs Miller fight, I thought Miller fought well in the 1st round and would have given him the round and then Bisping just fought at a betetr level after which Miller couldn't match.

Miller was gassed and the ref was right to call the fight off when he did.

Bisping isn't known to have huge power but Miller looked really weak IMO and can't see him troubling many guys at or near the top.

Dana White apparently said he wasn't sure if he wanted to see miller again in the UFC, what do you guys think? I think he deserves at least one more fight.

Also, did Miller do an OTT ring entrance as he has in the past? If not he's silly as people can make successful careers out of antics outside of the ring/octagon so he should had promoted himself as much as he could.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:34 am

Maybe give Miller one more chance, did look poor.

He came in smiling and clapping, getting the crowd to join in.

Nothing OTT.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:27 am

not really seen much of miller before but he looked very poor and no gas, good win by bisping but dont really see him worthy of a title shot on the back of this win. although anderson is running out of oppenents and would be good buisness by ufc to make this, get alot of attention over these shores.

really liked diego in the series and was glad to see him win, worthy winner.

dodson is annoying but cant argue with his style great to watch, ref did step in slighty early but had a feeling a couple more hammer fists and TJ was going to be out anyway

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:55 am

Dodson is a good fighter, but I look forward to when he gets knocked out(whenever that might be).

Wont be so awesome then.

I do think all four finalists will do well in the UFC, Bedford to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:35 am

I actually dont mind Dodson and his antics. I do agree with the above, Dont think Herb wanted another repeat of what happened in the show and stopped it a little early as TJ had just grabbed his leg.

Diego v Bermudez was a quality fight. Dennis has got a good set of whiskers on him and wasnt afraid to stand up with Diego. But what a finish! He might of under estimated Diego's BBJ and made a mistake of leaving his arm there, but Diego took full advantage and could have broken his arm there.

Miller looked very frail and gaunt compared to what he looked like on the show. I also gave the first to Miller but he has serious cardio issues. Might be due to him cutting weight.

It will be interesting to see who Bisping is fighting next.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by easthfc Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:07 am

I was so sure Mayhem would win this. I think this was the worst performance I've seen of him. Think the occasion got the better of him.

On the other hand thought this was Bispings best performance in UFC. He actually stood and traded for once and Mayhems grappling wasn't as much of a factor as I thought. Although Mayhem gassing helped a lot.

I have a feeling Bisping v Anderson Silva may happen next.

easthfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down