The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan takes swipe at Brook

+17
J.Benson II
Rowley
PPVxHOTTY
hogey
seanmichaels
milkyboy
OasisBFC
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
sittingringside
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Haito
TRUSSMAN66
Diggers
hazharrison
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Khan takes swipe at Brook - Page 3 Empty Khan takes swipe at Brook

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 May 2013, 10:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Amir Khan has stated in an interview with the Sun paper that he knew Brook would DUCK Alexandra because Brook is not the type of man to take on tough fights????

hmmm

He went on to say that the reason he will not fight Brook is because ''He is not on my radar''....''He has not earned a fight with Amir Khan, and is not on my level''

This coming from a man who believes in his head that he deserves a fight with Mayweather.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Khan takes swipe at Brook - Page 3 Empty Re: Khan takes swipe at Brook

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 4:49 pm

Floyds fights are boring. Skillful though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 10 May 2013, 4:52 pm

Can't be that boring considering he holds the record for PPV's or wait a minute does Khan hold the record as he's not boring?

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 May 2013, 4:54 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:Can't be that boring considering he holds the record for PPV's or wait a minute does Khan hold the record as he's not boring?

With Khan its more comedic value.

His Saturday night fever routine is comedy gold.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 10 May 2013, 4:55 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:Can't be that boring considering he holds the record for PPV's or wait a minute does Khan hold the record as he's not boring?

With Khan its more comedic value.

His Saturday night fever routine is comedy gold.

How dare you make mockery of Khan Sad

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 10 May 2013, 5:09 pm

azania wrote:Khan won in the way Khan wins. Bumpy. Brook went life and death with Jones. Jones drew against a southern area league fighter. Shows his level.

I haven't seen that fight but it was refereed and scored by Ian John Lewis so may well have been a complete shut out either way such is the mans idiocy so I wouldn't put much stock in that unless you have seen the fight and can confirm a draw was fair.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 6:24 pm

IJLA did Jones a favour.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 10 May 2013, 7:16 pm

Jones looked like two different fighters in those fights. Not that it matters he's no world beater and brook struggled. The issues are stamina not talent though. He boxed his head off in the early part of the fight.

Seems to be some pretty simplistic arguments going on, brook found his level against jones apparently. Maybe he did, but Brook looked at least as good as Alvarez against hatton, so brook could be double belt holder at light middle... Obviously.

Brook has plenty to prove, but he has ability. The jones fight proved he has a bit of heart too, and he's physically bigger and stronger than khan. Khan has stacks of ability, big fight experience and a record of taking decent boxers to the cleaners but he still throws arm punch combinations and doesn't sit on his punches enough to discourage quality motivated opposition from getting to him. He has concentration lapses and punch resistance issues, and his last few fights have been unconvincing.

I think it would be an interesting fight that I could see panning out in several different ways.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 7:21 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
captain carrantuohil wrote:Khan is a transplanted lightweight who didn't hold a shot especially brilliantly at 135 and has struggled in that department as a light-welter. Impossible to make him a favourite against anyone of genuine world-class with a modicum of a punch at 147 at this juncture.

Whether that includes Brook is open to question. Khan remains an extremely skilled operator offensively and you'd have to think that he would be able to re-open the flaws that Carson Jones exposed so successfully. I'm not certain that Brook has the requisite one-shot power to force Khan to change tactics on the hoof, where he demonstrably struggles.

Diaz may be a gatekeeper these days, but he would still be a class above Carson Jones. I don't regard Khan as a prospective welterweight great, but he still seems to me a level above Brook in most of the areas that count.

And that is how your present and sensible and balanced argument. Captain, as ever, we thank you. clap

Az, take note warning

Shocking brown nosing..

I disagree we've seen with Roger Mayweather what a few pounds can do to a guy's resistance.....He was taking shots at 140 he couldn't take at 130........

Who's to say Diaz shots don't stop him at 135...........Petersen couldn't hurt Khan.................Garcia's shot was a beauty and probably takes out any 140 pounder.....

Add some muscle to Khan's frame and like Mayweather he may surprise us all..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 10 May 2013, 7:22 pm

Khan should have retired after the Garcia loss according to the resident moron
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 10 May 2013, 7:37 pm

Fair points truss, no guarantee that someone with whisker issues at a lower weight will automatically have them worse at a higher weight. Cotto was wobbled at light welter with greater frequency than he was at welter and light middle.

You wouldn't bet on khan morphing into Oliver McCall though

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 7:40 pm

Absolutely not................

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 10 May 2013, 7:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
captain carrantuohil wrote:Khan is a transplanted lightweight who didn't hold a shot especially brilliantly at 135 and has struggled in that department as a light-welter. Impossible to make him a favourite against anyone of genuine world-class with a modicum of a punch at 147 at this juncture.

Whether that includes Brook is open to question. Khan remains an extremely skilled operator offensively and you'd have to think that he would be able to re-open the flaws that Carson Jones exposed so successfully. I'm not certain that Brook has the requisite one-shot power to force Khan to change tactics on the hoof, where he demonstrably struggles.

Diaz may be a gatekeeper these days, but he would still be a class above Carson Jones. I don't regard Khan as a prospective welterweight great, but he still seems to me a level above Brook in most of the areas that count.

And that is how your present and sensible and balanced argument. Captain, as ever, we thank you. clap

Az, take note warning

Shocking brown nosing..

I disagree we've seen with Roger Mayweather what a few pounds can do to a guy's resistance.....He was taking shots at 140 he couldn't take at 130........

Who's to say Diaz shots don't stop him at 135...........Petersen couldn't hurt Khan.................Garcia's shot was a beauty and probably takes out any 140 pounder.....

Add some muscle to Khan's frame and like Mayweather he may surprise us all..........

Complete nonsense of the highest order.

Khan has been knocked out and wobbled in every weight category his fought at, you're telling me he puts on 7lbs of beef and he suddenly has a chin like Pocket Rocket McCullough ?

It's a silly match to even contemplate, wasn't so long ago you were telling Khan you weren't interested unless he rematched his conquerors.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 10 May 2013, 7:46 pm

Mayweather at 140.........end of...

Took Petersen's shots...anybody would think Garcia tapped him..

Does anybody remember Willie limond knocking him down and giving him trouble...Yet he comes through the harder punching Maidana...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 10 May 2013, 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 10 May 2013, 8:59 pm

Slight exaggeration about Mayweather there, so it's not end of, as ever. Mayweather was caught cold by Lockridge and Kod by Chavez at 130, neither of which was a disgrace. He was also sparked by Pineda at 140, so it was more a matter of getting in the way of the wrong punch in three fights, regardless of the weight. He was only stopped six times in sixty-odd fights, so he wasn't exactly chinny.

khan has always had a certain problem around the whiskers, regardless of the weight. No, I'll rephrase that, his all-out attacking style, neglecting defence, has exposed his chin to the sort of shots that most boxers, leaving aside the Chuvalos, Haglers and Villasanas of this world, would crumble before. Even if you take Mayweather as an example of a fighter whose chin improved as he went up in weight, which, as I say, I don't, he would be a singular exception, rather than the rule. If Truss wanted a wager that Khan's chin would be comparatively impregnable at 147, I'd be obliged to accommodate him.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3