The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan takes swipe at Brook

+17
J.Benson II
Rowley
PPVxHOTTY
hogey
seanmichaels
milkyboy
OasisBFC
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
sittingringside
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Haito
TRUSSMAN66
Diggers
hazharrison
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Khan takes swipe at Brook - Page 2 Empty Khan takes swipe at Brook

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 10 May 2013, 10:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Amir Khan has stated in an interview with the Sun paper that he knew Brook would DUCK Alexandra because Brook is not the type of man to take on tough fights????

hmmm

He went on to say that the reason he will not fight Brook is because ''He is not on my radar''....''He has not earned a fight with Amir Khan, and is not on my level''

This coming from a man who believes in his head that he deserves a fight with Mayweather.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Khan takes swipe at Brook - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan takes swipe at Brook

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 1:40 pm

OasisBFC wrote:if maidana can't get shut of khan, i don't think light punching brook will have much success.

brook has little power, and that was at euro level. it will be non existent at world level.

Maidana's lack of accuracy was the main reason he couldn't dispose of Khan. Brook isn't exactly a light puncher and what does Euro Level vs World level have to do with anything? Khan's shown he's susceptible to punches at every turn.

Stupid argument.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 1:47 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
azania wrote:Brook is not that good.
He doesn't have to be...Khan has shown his vulnerability against far less skilled fighters like Maidana

Maidana is light years ahead of anyone Brook has faced. Carson Jones showed his level in his next fight. Brook is a chump with a lisp.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 1:48 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Brook's never been floored, hits hard, has fast hands and throws some tasty combinations. He a genuine WW who has rightfully earned a shot at a World Title. The fact he was injured is hardly a reason to dismiss him as a possible opponent.

Khan is dipping his toes in the WW division by taking on former lightweight Champions at a catchweight. I fail to see the difference between a guy who was a champion at a lower weight and a guy who fringe world level at the proper weight. If Khan doesn't think Brook will pose him any problems, why not take the fight? He knows full well that this is a guaranteed sell-out PPV event which will make him a lot of money. he was happy to take on Paul McLosky, why not Kell?

Khan should also be aware that there's only a slight chance of Mayweather choosing him as his next opponent as there are bigger better fights out there for Floyd.

Sure, Khan could take on Brook, but I don't disagree with his statement that Brook isn't on his level, therefore there should be no disgruntlement or claims of ducking should the fight not be made.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 1:55 pm

azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
He doesn't have to be...Khan has shown his vulnerability against far less skilled fighters like Maidana

Maidana is light years ahead of anyone Brook has faced. Carson Jones showed his level in his next fight. Brook is a chump with a lisp.
This the same Maidana who nearly lost to an over-the-hill-and-at-the-stream-on-the-other-side Morales? Light years ahead? Silly boy. Six rounds in and Brook was teeing off on Jones....his conditioning nearly lost him the fight. Khan was teeing off on Maidana and his arrogance nearly lost him the fight.

Khan fights Brook and his handspeed will be a major factor, however, his natural inclination towards being careless will be another. Sure Brook goes in as an underdog but there are still enough frailties in Khan for this to be nothing like the walkover you seem to think it will be.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 10 May 2013, 2:00 pm

superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Probably the closest they'll come to fighting at this rate

Have to fear for Khan's chin if Brook takes a swipe back.

If brook swipes back on twitter, and knocks out the chinster through cyberspace would that be a win by virtual knock out (vko)?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:04 pm

milkyboy wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Probably the closest they'll come to fighting at this rate

Have to fear for Khan's chin if Brook takes a swipe back.

If brook swipes back on twitter, and knocks out the chinster through cyberspace would that be a win by virtual knock out (vko)?
I'm just hoping the don't have a war of words..they lack the vocabulary

"I don't like that insinuendo!"
"Your uncapableness is going to get you hurt"

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 2:06 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

This the same Maidana who nearly lost to an over-the-hill-and-at-the-stream-on-the-other-side Morales? Light years ahead? Silly boy. Six rounds in and Brook was teeing off on Jones....his conditioning nearly lost him the fight. Khan was teeing off on Maidana and his arrogance nearly lost him the fight.

Khan fights Brook and his handspeed will be a major factor, however, his natural inclination towards being careless will be another. Sure Brook goes in as an underdog but there are still enough frailties in Khan for this to be nothing like the walkover you seem to think it will be.

How did Jones get on in his next fight against a regional fighter? That is his level. Brook didn't gas. He got found out.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 2:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I think it's important for Brook to actually be in a world title fight before we start talking up his chances. It's pretty difficult to say how he'd do given his level of opposition.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 2:12 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

I love the way people buy the conditioning line for Brook. Maybe he just doesn't have stamina late in fights, maybe once someone actually hits him back rather than does an impersonation of a punch bag he runs out of steam.
He simply hasn't been asked questions for most of his career as he has been chronically undermatched. I look at the way a fighter like Frampton is being brought through and I can have a some respect for that. I hope Brook turns out to be the real deal but I don't have a jot of respect for how he has got to where he is.
Someone said earlier he'd earned the right to fight for a belt, really, has he fought a genuine top 10 fighter yet ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:13 pm

How did Khan get on in his last fight? Dropped, hurt and nearly stopped AGAIN!!!!!!!

Whassup lad, you sleeping with him or something? He's good but his inherent faults will always make him susceptible to shots. Brook is good enough to cause him problems, that's all I said, never said he beats him (although if he catches him cleanly I think Amir's a goner) but it's not a walkover which you blithly (and blindly) suggest

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 10 May 2013, 2:15 pm

Been unimpressed with what I've seen of Brook (albeit i've only tuned in to his last 4 or 5 fights). Poor man's Junior Witter for me.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 10 May 2013, 2:15 pm

Find it hard to see Khan beating any half decent welterweight comfortably, he's always going to have problems as he just isn't good enough not to have a tear up and when he has a tear up he normally ends up on the canvas

Brook's natural strength and speed will give him a great chance against Khan and if Diaz can time Khan then Brook should have no problem. Does he have the power to lights out khan in one shot? We don't know, but probably not. Enough to get a knockdown? Definitely. Does he throw enough to win by points? Doubt it

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 10 May 2013, 2:15 pm

Whatever his level, brook did gas az.. Just as he did against hatton. I think Brook's a good fighter, but like witter, I worry about his stamina. Personally I think brook khan would be a very good fight.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:17 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Find it hard to see Khan beating any half decent welterweight comfortably, he's always going to have problems as he just isn't good enough not to have a tear up and when he has a tear up he normally ends up on the canvas

Brook's natural strength and speed will give him a great chance against Khan and if Diaz can time Khan then Brook should have no problem. Does he have the power to lights out khan in one shot? We don't know, but probably not. Enough to get a knockdown? Definitely. Does he throw enough to win by points? Doubt it
It's not that he isn't good enough, he just isn't disciplined enough

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 2:19 pm

DAVE667 wrote:How did Khan get on in his last fight? Dropped, hurt and nearly stopped AGAIN!!!!!!!

Whassup lad, you sleeping with him or something? He's good but his inherent faults will always make him susceptible to shots. Brook is good enough to cause him problems, that's all I said, never said he beats him (although if he catches him cleanly I think Amir's a goner) but it's not a walkover which you blithly (and blindly) suggest

How did he get on? He won. Never nearly stopped. Yes he has flaws but Brook is not good enough to exploit them.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 10 May 2013, 2:20 pm

I think Khan vs Brook is a great fight and 50-50.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 2:22 pm

I think it could be a cracking fight as well. I just find it amazing that people can actually compare the two careers based on what they have both done so far.
We know Khan is chinny because he has put himself out there and tried to make the best of his talents to make a top drawer career. His flaws mean that he is probably never going to be quite that good but to be honest I don't even know if Brook really wants it enough. His career hasn't suggested it with slow match making and supposedly poor condition when facing his toughest match up so far ? Hardly the traits of a world beater.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:24 pm

azania wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:How did Khan get on in his last fight? Dropped, hurt and nearly stopped AGAIN!!!!!!!

How did he get on? He won. Never nearly stopped. Yes he has flaws but Brook is not good enough to exploit them.
The ref was taking a good look at him when Maidana was slapping him around the ring and he was hanging on last time out. He's often only one clean shot away (or in the case of Garcia one slap on the head/behind the ear) away from the ref taking interest in his welfare. He doesn't hit hard enough to get Brook out of there with one shot so it will be a long fight and the longer Khan is in there, the more likely it is that he gets caught.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:25 pm

Diggers wrote:I think it could be a cracking fight as well. I just find it amazing that people can actually compare the two careers based on what they have both done so far.
We know Khan is chinny because he has put himself out there and tried to make the best of his talents to make a top drawer career. His flaws mean that he is probably never going to be quite that good but to be honest I don't even know if Brook really wants it enough. His career hasn't suggested it with slow match making and supposedly poor condition when facing his toughest match up so far ? Hardly the traits of a world beater.
True enough but then again neither is allowing yourself to get dragged into wars when you possess the skill set to make your night a relatively easy one and that's what potentially makes it a closer fight than some would have you believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 2:30 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Diggers wrote:I think it could be a cracking fight as well. I just find it amazing that people can actually compare the two careers based on what they have both done so far.
True enough but then again neither is allowing yourself to get dragged into wars when you possess the skill set to make your night a relatively easy one and that's what potentially makes it a closer fight than some would have you believe.

Completely agree. My whole point with this argument though and the one word you use I totally agree with is potentially. Because that's all we know about Brook, his potential or more to the point what we assume his potential to be.
Khan is a proven world level fighter, all be it one with flaws. Brook has showed us nothing to prove that he is yet as he hasn't mixed it with anyone decent.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 10 May 2013, 2:31 pm

We Brits are great. Look at us bigging up our top fighters. Sh*t and Sh*tter.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 10 May 2013, 2:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Find it hard to see Khan beating any half decent welterweight comfortably, he's always going to have problems as he just isn't good enough not to have a tear up and when he has a tear up he normally ends up on the canvas

It's not that he isn't good enough, he just isn't disciplined enough

No I just don't think he's good enough defensively. He isn't some master boxer who is hard to tag. He gets caught in almost every fight and not through lack of discipline but inability to stay off the ropes. The lack of discipline is when he trades when he gets hurt. He doesn't read punches very well hence why he doesn't slip very well. The Maidana right hand came from a mile away, the left hook from Garcia was what the only punch he was looking for, Peterson wasn't doing anything special but had him on the ropes by the 3rd round and Diaz didnt have any problem landing the left hook

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:35 pm

Diggers wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Completely agree. My whole point with this argument though and the one word you use I totally agree with is potentially. Because that's all we know about Brook, his potential or more to the point what we assume his potential to be.
Khan is a proven world level fighter, all be it one with flaws. Brook has showed us nothing to prove that he is yet as he hasn't mixed it with anyone decent.
But as I said, Khan's flaws mean that you don't have to be out of the very top drawer to beat him. Ignore the Petersen doping fight and concentrate on Garcia. garcia made Khan look utterly average. Is Garcia likely to be considered one of the very best LWW there's ever been or just another guy who held the title for a while?

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 2:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Diggers wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

But as I said, Khan's flaws mean that you don't have to be out of the very top drawer to beat him. Ignore the Petersen doping fight and concentrate on Garcia. garcia made Khan look utterly average. Is Garcia likely to be considered one of the very best LWW there's ever been or just another guy who held the title for a while?

Who knows what Garcia's legacy will be but right now his stock in boxing is way, way ahead of Brooks. Never mind top drawer, Brook is scraping to have fought anyone who is hidden somewhere at the back of the wardrobe.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 2:48 pm

Brook was due to have fought Alexander by now...shame it hasn't happened as we would have had an indication of whether or not he's worthy of being discussed a potential opponent. Might have saved a lot of time and effort of everyone's part

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 3:01 pm

Brook has never been in a world title fight, how could we possibly say what his chances really are? He's been in the ring with one current or former world champion, lovemore Ndou, so we don't know what his championship credentials are. If the fight gets made then fine, Brook has to fight someone from the level above to prove he's at championship level. I don't think Khan is in any way obligated to take the fight though, Brook is a level below him currently in both fame and level of competition. This isn't to demean Brook in any way, who I'm sure could potentially give Khan a good fight or beat him if things go his way, but I would much rather see him stick things out and get a shot at a title the way he was before, then potentially meet Khan a year or two down the line. That would be better for both men in my opinion.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 3:05 pm

sittingringside wrote:Brook has never been in a world title fight, how could we possibly say what his chances really are? He's been in the ring with one current or former world champion, lovemore Ndou, so we don't know what his championship credentials are. If the fight gets made then fine, Brook has to fight someone from the level above to prove he's at championship level. I don't think Khan is in any way obligated to take the fight though, Brook is a level below him currently in both fame and level of competition. This isn't to demean Brook in any way, who I'm sure could potentially give Khan a good fight or beat him if things go his way, but I would much rather see him stick things out and get a shot at a title the way he was before, then potentially meet Khan a year or two down the line. That would be better for both men in my opinion.
Doesn't stop folk banging on about how Fury could beat the K's does it?

No-one's suggesting Brook wins hands down, all I said was in response to Az that it's not an easy night for Khan irrespective of Brook's lack of world title experience.

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 10 May 2013, 3:16 pm

Khan will never step in the ring with Brooke, At Welterweight Brooke would KO him by round 5. Brooke has more than enough skill and power to put away Mr China Chin, i dont even think it would be much of a fight Khan makes too many mistakes and has too many weaknesses to beat a decent welter with any sort of power.

Last edited by hogey on Fri 10 May 2013, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 3:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
sittingringside wrote:Brook has never been in a world title fight, how could we possibly say what his chances really are? He's been in the ring with one current or former world champion, lovemore Ndou, so we don't know what his championship credentials are. If the fight gets made then fine, Brook has to fight someone from the level above to prove he's at championship level. I don't think Khan is in any way obligated to take the fight though, Brook is a level below him currently in both fame and level of competition. This isn't to demean Brook in any way, who I'm sure could potentially give Khan a good fight or beat him if things go his way, but I would much rather see him stick things out and get a shot at a title the way he was before, then potentially meet Khan a year or two down the line. That would be better for both men in my opinion.

No-one's suggesting Brook wins hands down, all I said was in response to Az that it's not an easy night for Khan irrespective of Brook's lack of world title experience.

Does anyone really say Fury can beat the K's. As far as I can see the argument is that he is either utter carp or a guy with potential.
The difference on here is the majority of people seem to give Brook the same props as Khan as a fighter and that utterly baffles me.
Ill say again for the third time, fighters of the standard of Molina and Diaz would be stand out names on Brooks record.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 3:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

You won't catch me banging on about that, although I'll be supporting him as a British fighter if he does have the misfortune to end up between the ropes with one of the K's. I'm not accusing you of saying Brook wins hands down, but the term '50-50' fight has been bandied around here and irrespective of whether or not that is true on the hypothetical night, there is just not the evidence to support it.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 3:21 pm

Diggers wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Does anyone really say Fury can beat the K's. As far as I can see the argument is that he is either utter carp or a guy with potential.
The difference on here is the majority of people seem to give Brook the same props as Khan as a fighter and that utterly baffles me.
Ill say again for the third time, fighters of the standard of Molina and Diaz would be stand out names on Brooks record.

My man, read this forum, there are a few real nutters on here who are convinced Fury's size will be enough for him to give the K's problems and that he's essentially the Champ in waiting.

As for fighters like Diaz being standout names on Brook's record, it doesn't matter, I'm saying Brook has enough pop in his punches and hand speed to give Khan and uncomfortable night which, saying again for the third time (seems a popular enough phrase) Doesn't mean I think he has enough to win but certainly enough for it not to be a walkover.

If Brook is an easy night's work and a guaranteed money spinner, why would Khan not want to take a fight to keep ticking over as the likelihood is that he isn't getting a bigger fight anytime soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 May 2013, 3:23 pm

sittingringside wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

You won't catch me banging on about that, although I'll be supporting him as a British fighter if he does have the misfortune to end up between the ropes with one of the K's. I'm not accusing you of saying Brook wins hands down, but the term '50-50' fight has been bandied around here and irrespective of whether or not that is true on the hypothetical night, there is just not the evidence to support it.
Neither is there evidence to support Az's theory that Khan has an easy night with Brook

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 3:26 pm

Of course the names on Brooks resume matters. Do you not agree that fighting less skilled boxers is going to make Brook look potentially better than he actually is.
Is he really that slick or fast when someone of quality is hitting him back ? We don't know.
I was blown away by Lee Selby when I saw him last time out, he looked to fantastic. But he wasn't fighting anyone throwing back, same as Brook for most of his career.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 10 May 2013, 3:34 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Diggers wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

My man, read this forum, there are a few real nutters on here who are convinced Fury's size will be enough for him to give the K's problems and that he's essentially the Champ in waiting.

Oi! Don’t tar us all with Winchester’s brush!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 10 May 2013, 3:37 pm

If Khan v Brook happened one of two things happens, Khan either takes a decision with a few bumpy rides or he gets sparked out within 4 rounds against the 'bigger' Brook. Now as for opposition obviously Brook has fought lesser skilled boxers but its the fact a lesser skilled brawlers are exposing Khan at 140, a brawler at 147 like Ruslan Provodnikov would seriously hurt Khan yet who does he have on his resume apart from Bradley? My point is Brook is a good boxer 'based on the opposition he has fought' people should be saying 'Khans clash of style against Brook will be interesting' rather than criticising brooks resume lets hope the fight goes ahead.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 10 May 2013, 3:43 pm

Aside from how he would get on, I think Brook should aim for a strap. That's a marker for the rest of his career. The alphabets may be a shambles but getting something from the WBC, WBO, IBF or WBC that says 'world champion' round your waist (and I'm not talking silver, chrome, titanium or whatever) will still benefit your career in the long run.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 10 May 2013, 3:43 pm

I don't really see how its fair to not criticize Brooks resume but its fair game to have a go at Khan for the fights he has been in.
At the end of the day Khan beat a good quality brawler In Madaina yet he seems to get more stick for that than Brook does for not getting into the ring with a dangerous world class banger.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 10 May 2013, 3:45 pm

Many people on here were picking Chavez Jr to beat Martinez yet the skill level of Chavez's opponents didnt compare to Martinez, so why did he deserve the fight?.... its funny how Brook 'unbeaten' takes criticism for his resume over Khan yet Chavez 'unbeaten' was pipped to beat Martinez and was very viable.

https://www.606v2.com/t34726-martinez-v-chavez-definitive-poll-and-predictions

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 3:46 pm

Brook is average and Khan above average. Khan wins easily. Brook is good. Khan is better and proven. Brook struggled against the average Jones who is a poor mans matty Hatton.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 10 May 2013, 3:52 pm

azania wrote:Brook is average and Khan above average. Khan wins easily. Brook is good. Khan is better and proven. Brook struggled against the average Jones who is a poor mans matty Hatton.

And Khan 114-113, 115-113 and 115-112 didn't struggle against Diaz? The same Diaz who struggled to a draw against Shawn Porter and got finished by Kendall Holt in 3rd round?

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 10 May 2013, 3:53 pm

Carson Jones is a good fighter -- Brook showed guts to get through those late rounds.

I see it as a toss-up fight. Khan is flashier and has a better pedigree but Brook is unbeaten, fresh and the biggger man. Hard to call a winner (plus EVERYONE has a shot at Khan due to those whiskers).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 10 May 2013, 3:56 pm

With regard to Brook’s conditioning he has acknowledged the flaws in his game in this respect to the Jones fight and has taken steps to redress it. He claims he was not eating right or cutting the weight in the right way and has since started working with a sports science team at Sheffield Hallam Uni. Too early to say if this will reap benefits as he has only had three rounds since then but at least he has acknowledged the problem and is taking steps to improve.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 4:00 pm

PPVxHOTTY wrote:
azania wrote:Brook is average and Khan above average. Khan wins easily. Brook is good. Khan is better and proven. Brook struggled against the average Jones who is a poor mans matty Hatton.

And Khan 114-113, 115-113 and 115-112 didn't struggle against Diaz? The same Diaz who struggled to a draw against Shawn Porter and got finished by Kendall Holt in 3rd round?

Yes. Great fight. I enjoyed it. Let's hope that more fights like that takes place regularly. Khan is one of the most exciting boxers in the world today.

Brook is crap and boring. For the sake of boxing lets hope that the fight happens and Brook goes back to Sheffield richer and humbled but happy with his lot.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri 10 May 2013, 4:02 pm

Another loss on Khan's record will be the final nail in the coffin for any potential mega fight with Floyd. I think somone like Brook will just be seen as too high risk, low reward for Khan at the moment.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 10 May 2013, 4:19 pm

azania wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:

Yes. Great fight. I enjoyed it. Let's hope that more fights like that takes place regularly. Khan is one of the most exciting boxers in the world today.

Brook is crap and boring. For the sake of boxing lets hope that the fight happens and Brook goes back to Sheffield richer and humbled but happy with his lot.

The World of Az

Khan struggles past journeyman - great, exciting, well done.

Brook struggles past journeyman - dull, boring, clearly crap.

Pahahahaha so transparent!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 10 May 2013, 4:22 pm

Khan won in the way Khan wins. Bumpy. Brook went life and death with Jones. Jones drew against a southern area league fighter. Shows his level.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Fri 10 May 2013, 4:31 pm

Khan is a transplanted lightweight who didn't hold a shot especially brilliantly at 135 and has struggled in that department as a light-welter. Impossible to make him a favourite against anyone of genuine world-class with a modicum of a punch at 147 at this juncture.

Whether that includes Brook is open to question. Khan remains an extremely skilled operator offensively and you'd have to think that he would be able to re-open the flaws that Carson Jones exposed so successfully. I'm not certain that Brook has the requisite one-shot power to force Khan to change tactics on the hoof, where he demonstrably struggles.

Diaz may be a gatekeeper these days, but he would still be a class above Carson Jones. I don't regard Khan as a prospective welterweight great, but he still seems to me a level above Brook in most of the areas that count.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 10 May 2013, 4:31 pm

Pahahahahahahahahaha

Dropped on your backside = 'bumpy';

Tagged more than expected = 'life and death'. laughing

More great 'Azisms', keep 'em coming old fella.......Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 10 May 2013, 4:33 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:Khan is a transplanted lightweight who didn't hold a shot especially brilliantly at 135 and has struggled in that department as a light-welter. Impossible to make him a favourite against anyone of genuine world-class with a modicum of a punch at 147 at this juncture.

Whether that includes Brook is open to question. Khan remains an extremely skilled operator offensively and you'd have to think that he would be able to re-open the flaws that Carson Jones exposed so successfully. I'm not certain that Brook has the requisite one-shot power to force Khan to change tactics on the hoof, where he demonstrably struggles.

Diaz may be a gatekeeper these days, but he would still be a class above Carson Jones. I don't regard Khan as a prospective welterweight great, but he still seems to me a level above Brook in most of the areas that count.

And that is how your present and sensible and balanced argument. Captain, as ever, we thank you. clap

Az, take note warning

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Fri 10 May 2013, 4:47 pm

azania wrote:
PPVxHOTTY wrote:

In other words I love Khan so much that if he goes into a war I'll defend him by labelling him exciting and if he boxes behind his jab I'll praise his boxing skill. lol Mayweather's fights are exciting yet he dosent get involved in a tear up, the issue is you can't accept Khan will always be vulnerable against any puncher so you label him exciting for getting tagged.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next