The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions

+5
Rodney
TopHat24/7
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Valero's Conscience
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Martinez v Chavez Jr.

Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_lcap52%Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 12 ]
Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_lcap26%Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_lcap0%Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_lcap9%Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_lcap0%Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_lcap13%Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 23

Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Empty Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:12 pm

Martinez late KO. Having seen what appears to be Chavez dismal preperation for such a fight, and the obvious skillset inbalance int his one, I have to go with Martinez. Chavez is just too easy to hit, and if MArtinez is top 10 p4p then he has to take full advantage of that.

Only thing that concerns me at all is robbery and drugs. Chavez two best weapons

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Empty Re: Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Have gone with a Martinez pts win I.e. Assuming he'll win at least 9 clear rounds to secure a pts victory!

Have this horrible feeling he'll get robbed but hopefully me being paranoid and ignoring the fact Martinez should have more than enough for him.

I haven't been this nervous for a fight in a long time!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions Empty Re: Martinez v Chavez: Definitive Poll and Predictions

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm

It's an interesting fight and its hard to decide how it'll finish but I'm sure Martinez will win but not sure by decision or KO

Chavez is very big and very strong with a great chin but has never fought a puncher like Martinez and will get hit cleanly more in this fight then any other so a stoppage may come

Martinez sounds angry so he will be more aggressive then people are expecting imo and wants the KO but it may blow up in his face if he does as chavez can bang and will pour it on if martinez slows down

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:01 pm

I think Martinez is going to be able to bang without missing much. I fully expect him to land 40-50% of his power shots,a nd for that reason I think he has the chance at a late KO. Junior's only hope of staying up should be his strength and those roids.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:16 pm

hate myself for it but have put Chavez by dodgy decision Sad

worry that with that chin and him probably juicing himself to a ring weight of 168lb or so Martinez won't be able to take him out. In which case I think we all know what'll happen....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:36 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:hate myself for it but have put Chavez by dodgy decision Sad

worry that with that chin and him probably juicing himself to a ring weight of 168lb or so Martinez won't be able to take him out. In which case I think we all know what'll happen....

I thought we were friends?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Dont buy into Chavez not training much myself from what we've seen on the 24/7 series, a bit old fashioned kidology i would assume. However whether Chavez Jnr has trained for 365 days or 1 day I cant see past a Martinez win, possibly stopped in the corner but (Chavez) going out on his shield. Martinez skill set is just far too superior IMO, I imagine the first 5 or 6 to be pretty touch an go between the two, however once in full flow can Martinez pot shotting Chavez and hurting him.

Chavez Snr was my idol growing up so hope his son puts a performance on he'll be proud of, but just one winner for me be a big upset if Chavez wins.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:hate myself for it but have put Chavez by dodgy decision Sad

I thought we were friends?

Lol well after some of your outbursts yesterday I did give a second thought whether to cross/disagree with you but had to stick to my guns...

Would like to see Martinez splatter JCCjr all over the ring but have a concerned feeling he won't. In which case it's JCC all the way.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Rodney wrote:Dont buy into Chavez not training much myself from what we've seen on the 24/7 series, a bit old fashioned kidology i would assume. However whether Chavez Jnr has trained for 365 days or 1 day I cant see past a Martinez win, possibly stopped in the corner but (Chavez) going out on his shield. Martinez skill set is just far too superior IMO, I imagine the first 5 or 6 to be pretty touch an go between the two, however once in full flow can Martinez pot shotting Chavez and hurting him.

Chavez Snr was my idol growing up so hope his son puts a performance on he'll be proud of, but just one winner for me be a big upset if Chavez wins.

Cheers

Rodders

Yes Rodders! Although I remember your prediction record is not brilliant Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:08 pm

Ha you're not wrong Sean mate.

It's dreadful, watch Chavez go and destroy him now.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:10 pm

Ha. This one will be your opus magnus of predictions

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 pm

I'm ready to reinvent myself as shrewd tipster Sean. Martinez this week by TKO and Burns UD next week.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:15 pm

Rodney wrote:I'm ready to reinvent myself as shrewd tipster Sean. Martinez this week by TKO and Burns UD next week.

Cheers

Rodders

I will follow you downt he rabbit hole on btoh counts

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:07 pm

chavez ko. martinez struggles with volume punchers. he lost to williams in the first fight and lost to margarito. chavez will be too strong and too big for a slightly aged and overrated martinez. i hope chavez gets bit more respect after his win. even if he is a cheat, so were jones, holy, pac and countless others, none of whom get slated as much as chavez.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 pm

Lance

He shouldve got the nod over Williams,he clearly won the fight. Margarito was a long time ago he was less experienced.

If Chavez beats Martinez I'll be the first one to praise him, unless we have evidence and official word from the authorities that Chavez is cheating I will evaluate him as I do any other fighter.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 pm

I have a terrible feeling that Chavez is going to get the KO and that all the 24/7 stuff was a ploy to lead us into believinig he is not properly prepared. I do find his sleeping habits odd though.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:21 pm

My prediction isn't on the list.

There should be an option of Martinez by annihilation....

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 pm

The Top Rank hype train is doing a dam good job of clouding some people's judgement.

This is a guy who struggled with Zibik and clearly lost the fight!!!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:24 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:My prediction isn't on the list.

There should be an option of Martinez by annihilation....

I love you! heart

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:28 pm

Can you add it to the list then Very Happy

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Just listen to Sergio's interviews, he is an excellent boxer and a counter puncher who cracks his opponents weaknesses. He obviously has seen huge flaws in Chavez Jr's style.

He is so confident that he is going to knockout Chavez early (He never says this btw). You can't help but agree with him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Chavez defence makes a hookers legs look crossed. MArtinez will pound him for rounds and rounds until daddy throws the towel in for Junior in the corner!!!!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:54 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:He is so confident that he is going to knockout Chavez early (He never says this btw). You can't help but agree with him.

Didn't Khan say the same thing about Garcia? He never says it either.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:14 pm

It will be a long suffering few rounds for Jr, maybe being stopped in the later rounds.

There has been nothing from 24/7, Chavez Jrs previous fights to suggest he has anything but a miracle to hope for.

I envisage Kelly Pavliks ripped apart face when I think of how Chavez Jr will look at the end of this fight. He is going to get some pasting.

Nite nite sweet Jr Cry
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:38 pm

Khan has no chin though, he was doing fine until he got clipped...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down