The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The blue print to beat Floyd?

+2
Diamond in the rough
ONETWOFOREVER
6 posters

Go down

The blue print to beat Floyd? Empty The blue print to beat Floyd?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 11 May 2013, 6:05 pm

Can a decent switch hitter be the key to beating Floyd?

A swith hitter in the mould of the old Micheal Nunn. Quick on his feet and fast with his hands. Floyd in mu recollection has never faced such a fighter but has thus far handled every style put in front of him. I remember Nunns performance against Tate which must go down as 1 of the best performances I have ever seen in boxing period. He just owned Tate that night.

Could a boxer adapt to such a style. Bullying Floyd clearly does not work as is being methodical as you will just get picked off. A switch hitter would bring the element of surprise against Floyd and it is very hard to counter a switch hitter. Haglar was another example I toyed with but Nunn was able to switch quite quickly in a fight while Marvin would box south paw for a while and then change after a few rounds.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The blue print to beat Floyd? Empty Re: The blue print to beat Floyd?

Post by Diamond in the rough Sat 11 May 2013, 6:09 pm

Just now I can't see anyone beating floyd from 140-154 on points so you have to have a hard punch and hope one lands when/if floyd is beat I can't see it being on points he is just so good at winning rounds

Diamond in the rough

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 11 May 2013, 6:25 pm

I dont really believe in the blueprint stuff. I think Mayweather wins because he is better than his opposition, not because they dont have some kind of blueprint. Hes never fought a truly great fighter (JMM maybe, but in less than perfect conditions). Lots of good ones, but never a really great one. Theres a good chance a Duran, Hearns, Leonard, Chavez, Arguello, Pryor Whitakker or Benitez has the blueprint. Even peak Mosley, Oscar, Pacquiao or Trinidad would have been interesting.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 11 May 2013, 6:25 pm

Does there need to be another thread for this?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 11 May 2013, 6:29 pm

azania wrote:Does there need to be another thread for this?

Does there need to be a you?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 11 May 2013, 7:17 pm

Oscar was a great fighter...........and bigger than Floyd..............

Leonard never beat a great fighter..............Hearns was green, Duran was past it....Hagler was old.........

Same kind of dumb reasoning..

Ali beat a past thirty... old Liston...A Foreman slapped Frazier..........Ali only beat one great Foreman who under-estimated him!!!! Rolling Eyes

People will do anything to knock Floyd..

Guy that beats Floyd is someone who can manage to sustain enough pressure to wear him down in the later rounds....A Chavez type....For me Canelo is the best chance.......But he's priime and the real thing If he beats Floyd..............Green If he doesn't.

You know the drill by now!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 11 May 2013, 7:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Sun 12 May 2013, 11:51 am

manos de piedra wrote:I dont really believe in the blueprint stuff. I think Mayweather wins because he is better than his opposition, not because they dont have some kind of blueprint. Hes never fought a truly great fighter (JMM maybe, but in less than perfect conditions). Lots of good ones, but never a really great one. Theres a good chance a Duran, Hearns, Leonard, Chavez, Arguello, Pryor Whitakker or Benitez has the blueprint. Even peak Mosley, Oscar, Pacquiao or Trinidad would have been interesting.

Based on style I think Leonard, Hagler and Hearns would beat Mayweather. Mayweather hasnt been tested against that kind of opposition. De la Hoya and Trinidad were overrated though. Mayweather would beat them at any stage of their career.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down