The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's paying for Froch-Kessler ????

+14
John Bloody Wayne
Sir. badgerhands
ONETWOFOREVER
Seanusarrilius
davidemore
TopHat24/7
sweet_pea
BoxingFan88
azania
Valero's Conscience
Lumbering_Jack
Rodney
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
18 posters

Go down

Who's paying for Froch-Kessler ???? Empty Who's paying for Froch-Kessler ????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 5:05 am

and aren't you worried with good figures......You'll be paying ever more in the future...especially with all his new acquirements??

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 15 May 2013, 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Who's paying for Froch-Kessler ???? Empty Re: Who's paying for Froch-Kessler ????

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 15 May 2013, 5:17 am

I can't see it doing too good to be honest. Most alpha males will be out on the sauce watching the Champions league final so will prob catch the fight in a sports bar etc.

Maybe Hearn should have got Froch on Strictley and Luke Campbells fanclub would have bought the fight while getting their bed pans cleaned that night
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Who's paying for Froch-Kessler ???? Empty Re: Who's paying for Froch-Kessler ????

Post by Rodney Wed 15 May 2013, 5:23 am

Don't know why fans get their knickers in a twist about viewing figures, if you like boxing and follow Froch 15 quid with a few beers in the house isn't an expensive Sat night, you've also got Munich vs Dortmund final on beforehand so if I wasn't going , I would've bought it.

What boxing do you get to see these days Truss ? Because you're wasting your time for sky to pick up coverages and the terrestrial channels have been redundant for 15 years now.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 5:24 am

You know I'll be surprised If it doesn't....Give Hearn and SKY credit I've never seen the stops pulled out like this before for a fight...

A lot riding on the numbers for the casual fan...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 5:25 am

Rodney wrote:Don't know why fans get their knickers in a twist about viewing figures, if you like boxing and follow Froch 15 quid with a few beers in the house isn't an expensive Sat night, you've also got Munich vs Dortmund final on beforehand so if I wasn't going , I would've bought it.

What boxing do you get to see these days Truss ? Because you're wasting your time for sky to pick up coverages and the terrestrial channels have been redundant for 15 years now.

Cheers Rodders

That's my point...could be even less........depending on the figures...£15 means nothing to me...but I won't be buying it..

Thank for your opinion though...all welcome..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 May 2013, 7:33 am

I'll buy it. Have 4 or 5 mates round, they can pay as I am entertaining. Everyone wins, except the bird who will be banished to the bedroom.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 15 May 2013, 7:39 am

I'm paying.

Went to buy tickets but was too late and definately don't want to miss out.

It's on at a reasonable time so will happily pay £15 (I assume it's £15) to watch it.

Like anyone I would rather not pay but me, plus a mate or 2 splitting £15 is not going to hurt the bank, I would spend more down the pub in that time!

I have looked to see if it's on cinema like the Hatton fight was but haven't had any joy.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 7:40 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'll buy it. Have 4 or 5 mates round, they can pay as I am entertaining. Everyone wins, except the bird who will be banished to the bedroom.

oooooh you sexist pig!! Yikes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 15 May 2013, 8:14 am

Probably a cockatoo Whistle

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 8:21 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:I'll buy it. Have 4 or 5 mates round, they can pay as I am entertaining. Everyone wins, except the bird who will be banished to the bedroom.

I'll be round..........If the Brit starts to get on top....I'll check on the bird and get on top also !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 15 May 2013, 8:23 am

I would have definitely bought the PPV if I wasn't going.. Very Happy

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Wed 15 May 2013, 11:18 am

i fell asleep when the tickets went on sale, woke up to find them sold out! will be in london anyway to watch... somewhere?
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 May 2013, 11:22 am

Will see if I can arrange to watch it with a few mates incl the Champs League final before hand.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 15 May 2013, 11:23 am

I've paid PPV before and it was purely for the one fight. This card has around ten fights and I'd say seven ish are of interest to me. So it's not bad. Three or four mates and you have a good evening there.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 15 May 2013, 11:36 am

Watching on HBO as they are airing it. I pay to suscribe to HBO so make of that what you will Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 11:38 am

Feel like this thread has been done before.....anyway

I am not paying to watch it as I will be busy but should be a cracking fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 May 2013, 11:45 am

Busy looking for a spinning backfist ?? laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 15 May 2013, 11:48 am

My friend asked me if I wanted to go to this and I declined because he couldn't say what price tickets he was going for.

They ended up costing about £200.00 each!!

It's made the £15 PPV price seem a bargain.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 11:50 am

badger?

where you been mate?

long time

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 15 May 2013, 11:57 am

I've been working for an absolute goat of a person who brought in internet monitoring!! However, now I've handed my notice in, I care not Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 May 2013, 12:34 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:I've been working for an absolute goat of a person who brought in internet monitoring!! However, now I've handed my notice in, I care not Smile

Great

just what the country needs another benifit scrounger.

Wink

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 15 May 2013, 12:40 pm

Very Happy I hasten to add, to go to a new job Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 15 May 2013, 1:18 pm

I've invited Ronald Mcintosh to my home. I will cross his scalp with fine herbs and watch the fight through that particular portal. Like a crystal ball.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by RANDY77 Wed 15 May 2013, 1:30 pm

If I didn't have plans I would be paying for it taking into account it was the same amount for Haye v Audley and Vlad.

This is a genuine world title fight (even if Ward isn't involved) and a fight people cannot agree on a winner.

If this isn't a PPV what is?

RANDY77

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed 15 May 2013, 1:37 pm

im on a stag do in germany and hoping it will be shown over there, even if certain football match will be taking most of the attention

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by sweet_pea Sat 18 May 2013, 10:20 am

anyone watching this in london at a bar/pub etc? or know of where i can catch it (im not at home otherwise i would have ordered)
sweet_pea
sweet_pea

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 18 May 2013, 10:21 am

http://www.matchpint.co.uk/bars-showing-froch-vs-kessler-107674

there you go mate

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 18 Sep 2013, 9:24 am

I wrote this 3 months..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 18 Sep 2013, 9:58 am

To be fair Truss...most people don't seem to mind paying for it at the time...and very commented on how it would shape ppv going forward..

This isn't a stab at you by the way, I do think there was another thread (perhaps by you, can't remember) which covered it and was quite a lengthy and decent debate...i'll leave you to find it though Wink 

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down