The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Greatest

2 posters

Go down

The Greatest Empty The Greatest

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat May 18, 2013 11:47 am

Who, in your eyes, is THE greatest ever?

What makes you chooses them specifically and how have they defined their greatness in your eyes?

I have read a lot over the last few weeks and hear a lot of names like Greb, Langford, Robinson etc and if I'm honest, I don't really know much about boxing prior to the late 80's maybe.

Obviously I have seen the footage of the Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Leonard, Ali, Fraizer and the like.

But most people's TOP bloke is someone like Armstrong, Langford, Fitszimmons, Robinson etc and I don't know a lot about them to mention.

But, if they are someone's best fighter, explain why the are and what defined them.....if possible!

Will give me a better insight anyway!

Thoughts??

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Empty Re: The Greatest

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat May 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Henry Armstrong was the best when you consider that he held 3 different championships in 3 different weight classes. So if you way it up the was 8 weight divisions and he was the champion of 3 of them not to mention that he moved up to fight for a 4th and was robbed a fact that is widely acknowledged throughout boxing circles and not disputed.

This and the fact that he fought and beat other ATG fighters such as Barney Ross and Zivic plus many more prove that he was more then special. People downgrade him because he has a number of losses on his record but its worth remembering that in those days there was not much importance to the glorified 0 on a record as it is today. Arnstrong fought many times and his wins far out number his losses.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down