The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done to Pontypridd RFC

+16
Casartelli
munkian
bedfordwelsh
Luckless Pedestrian
Coleman
St John The Enforcer
Steffan
dragon999
The Saint
ScarletSpiderman
Stone Motif
maestegmafia
sheephead
thebluesmancometh
Cardiff Dave
Jimmy Moz
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Well done to Pontypridd RFC Empty Well done to Pontypridd RFC

Post by Jimmy Moz Sat 18 May 2013, 8:50 pm

Welsh Double Champions

Absolutely hammered Llanelli 'B' tonight to win the title

Bet the WRU are gutted their team lost

Yet another moral victory for an area of Wales that the WRU are pretending doesn’t exist

Well done PONTY

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Well done to Pontypridd RFC Empty Re: Well done to Pontypridd RFC

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 May 2013, 9:31 pm

I echo that Jimmy and I love the way that Ponty are a thorn in the side of pseudo regionalism.
Well done Ponty for taking the baby Scarlets to the cleaners.
Look forward to Ponty thrashing the baby bloos in the who's going to play in the BIC game.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sat 18 May 2013, 10:16 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:I echo that Jimmy and I love the way that Ponty are a thorn in the side of pseudo regionalism.
Well done Ponty for taking the baby Scarlets to the cleaners.
Look forward to Ponty thrashing the baby bloos in the who's going to play in the BIC game.

+1

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by sheephead Sat 18 May 2013, 11:44 pm

Sorry guys but what's the BIC game? British and Irish ?Me and mrs only just got back from the game and it was nice so many turned up. Will be good for the Bank balance. The regulars were moaning about the size of the line to the bar and everything =D

sheephead

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 19 May 2013, 7:18 pm

sheephead wrote:Sorry guys but what's the BIC game? British and Irish ?Me and mrs only just got back from the game and it was nice so many turned up. Will be good for the Bank balance. The regulars were moaning about the size of the line to the bar and everything =D

Correct. The British and Irish Cup it is and to appear pseudo region friendly, the WRU came up with the following bonkers play off system to decide who competes in the tournament next season;

"Scarlets region - Llanelli v Carmarthen Q at PyS, winner to play Drovers at Church Bank.
Ospreys region - Bridgend v Swansea, winners play Neath at Gnoll, winners of that play Aberavon at TAG.
Blues region - Ponty v Cardiff at Sardis Rd.
Dragons region - Cross Keys v Newport at Pandy Park, winners play Bedwas at Bridge Field."
(play off games to be played during September)

From what I gather, Ponty fans suspect that Cardiff may decide to field a contingent of their bigger Blue boys to ensure a win. I can't see that happening, but there again it's Welsh rugby so who knows.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 20 May 2013, 7:32 am

It's a bit haywire but its not too bad a way of organising the playoffs?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 20 May 2013, 8:46 am

maestegmafia wrote:It's a bit haywire but its not too bad a way of organising the playoffs?
Except that they came up with the idea that play-offs are required at all is feckin laughable
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 20 May 2013, 8:50 am

Jimmy Moz wrote:
Yet another moral victory for an area of Wales that the even the half-witted WRU, along with everyone else who isn't from Ponty, is well aware can't sustain pro rugby

Well done PONTY
Fixed
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 20 May 2013, 8:41 pm

maestegmafia wrote:It's a bit haywire but its not too bad a way of organising the playoffs?

It's bonkers, that's what it is and i'm afraid to say it's been arranged all for the sake of pseudo regionalsm.

"We firmly believe that the system of regionally-based play-offs is the fairest way of selecting the best teams to represent Wales while reflecting the geography of Welsh semi-professional and professional rugby.
We are confident that this move will enhance our competitiveness."

Read more: http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Play-shake-cup-format/story-18845624-detail/story.html#ixzz2TrYoquif
Follow us: @thisisswales on Twitter | thisissouthwales on Facebook

"best teams" my big enormous behind?
Ospreys region - Bridgend v Swansea, winners play Neath at Gnoll, winners of that play Aberavon at TAG.
These 4 teams occupied the bottom 4 places of the WP therefore none deserve a place in the BIC imho. But one of them will be taking part next season and most probably will get thrashed.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 20 May 2013, 10:08 pm

Dave, I guess fringe regional players will be parachuted to the four teams that get in, to counteract the provincial a teams that get entered
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 20 May 2013, 10:25 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dave, I guess fringe regional players will be parachuted to the four teams that get in, to counteract the provincial a teams that get entered

Czekaj in a Ponty shirt maybe?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2013, 12:15 pm

Maybe the WRU want to sort of follow the Irish model of including provincial A teams in this cup. But having a play off for all regions they effectively are guaranteeing one team from each region which they could allow regional fringes players to play in (As SS alludes to). I'm not sure I agree with it mind - the top preforming teams in the league would have been better, but if they want this as some sort of half way house for the regional players, a step up from premiership before regional/pro level then I can understand why they want all 4 regions involved (or at least represented). Not sure who has the say on whether regional/fringe/academy players should be used. I can imagine Ponty saying no thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 21 May 2013, 12:47 pm

Griff wrote:Maybe the WRU want to sort of follow the Irish model of including provincial A teams in this cup. But having a play off for all regions they effectively are guaranteeing one team from each region which they could allow regional fringes players to play in (As SS alludes to). I'm not sure I agree with it mind - the top preforming teams in the league would have been better, but if they want this as some sort of half way house for the regional players, a step up from premiership before regional/pro level then I can understand why they want all 4 regions involved (or at least represented). Not sure who has the say on whether regional/fringe/academy players should be used. I can imagine Ponty saying no thank you!

OR Cardiff RFC being filled with as many fringe regional players as possible for the play-off to ensure that they make it in, ensuring fringe regional players get their shot at the B&I cup?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 May 2013, 12:52 pm

Yeah well done Ponty, now let's give them their own Region called the Ponty Warriors (or clowns?) so they can conquer the world.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Tue 21 May 2013, 5:34 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Griff wrote:Maybe the WRU want to sort of follow the Irish model of including provincial A teams in this cup. But having a play off for all regions they effectively are guaranteeing one team from each region which they could allow regional fringes players to play in (As SS alludes to). I'm not sure I agree with it mind - the top preforming teams in the league would have been better, but if they want this as some sort of half way house for the regional players, a step up from premiership before regional/pro level then I can understand why they want all 4 regions involved (or at least represented). Not sure who has the say on whether regional/fringe/academy players should be used. I can imagine Ponty saying no thank you!

OR Cardiff RFC being filled with as many fringe regional players as possible for the play-off to ensure that they make it in, ensuring fringe regional players get their shot at the B&I cup?

They wouldn't dare... Erm

I was surprised at the number of Scarlet and Wales products on show against ponty, but the proof has been in the pudding more than once this season, loaning these kids to the prem doesn't help the prems quality at all, and therefore doesn't help the kids at all.

I'm all in favour of using the prem as a warming station, but do it to the highest possible standards, let every club sign a squad they want, paying them whatever they can afford, and then assign a small number of prospects to each to fight for a place in the team, instead of just thrusting the boys in week in week out.

Ponty are showing that potential doesn't mean much, it just brings the quality of the league down, and that if there is a choice between a 30yr old and a youth prospect the better player has to be selected!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 22 May 2013, 9:30 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Talking of fringes, what's with the cow pat on Jordan Williams' head?
http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Llandovery-20-Llanelli-29/story-18970234-detail/story.html#axzz2U0ZTRiOF

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 22 May 2013, 9:56 am

thebluesmancometh wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

They wouldn't dare... Erm

I was surprised at the number of Scarlet and Wales products on show against ponty, but the proof has been in the pudding more than once this season, loaning these kids to the prem doesn't help the prems quality at all, and therefore doesn't help the kids at all.

I'm all in favour of using the prem as a warming station, but do it to the highest possible standards, let every club sign a squad they want, paying them whatever they can afford, and then assign a small number of prospects to each to fight for a place in the team, instead of just thrusting the boys in week in week out.

Ponty are showing that potential doesn't mean much, it just brings the quality of the league down, and that if there is a choice between a 30yr old and a youth prospect the better player has to be selected!

At last Cardiff RFC are recruiting some experienced players to line up with the youngsters. Coincidence?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Sun 29 Sep 2013, 4:01 pm

Watching the Pontypridd v Newport 'B' game on S4C

Great advert for club rugby both sides showing some great skills and not afraid to throw the ball about

Pontypridd showing why they are double champions. Good crowd as well

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon999 Sun 29 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

Yes i enjoyed it too - Just wondering though, seeing "young" Gareth Wyatt on the wing there for Ponty are there any young Ponty lads that could make the step up to regional level or is just about Ponty winning the prem year in year out?

dragon999

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 29 Sep 2013, 6:41 pm

I watched the game as well and enjoyed it. In regards to Gareth Wyatt he was the only real old head there although a lot of that Ponty team have been there for quite a few years

Ponty had some younger players but at the end of the day the clubs are allowed to please themselves in pursuit of success as they are all a business after all. The academies are in place to ensure the best youngsters are coming through

Pleased to say my newphew has made the Pontypridd Under 11s District team this week Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon999 Sun 29 Sep 2013, 11:16 pm

That's great about your nephew! - Thought it was noticeable that particularly in the backs that Newport were packed with youngsters who tended to be outmuscled by their more experienced oponents which is fair enough - so Ponty win the prem again,so what,just don't get it?

dragon999

Back to top Go down

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 30 Sep 2013, 12:24 am

Any relation to Chris Wyatt of Munster, Wales and the Scarlets?

St John The Enforcer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 30 Sep 2013, 1:36 am

No.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:14 am

It's good to have a strong prem though; I thought that was the point of condensing it. The younger players coming through the regional academies need to come up against big physical teams otherwise you'll never know how they will do when they make that step up. Good for Ponty if their current business model is sustainable, it just gives the regions a very good barometer for their emerging talent to come up against.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:29 am

Jimmy Moz wrote:Watching the Pontypridd v Newport 'B' game on S4C

Great advert for club rugby both sides showing some great skills and not afraid to throw the ball about

Surprised any of the crowd watched the game if they've got their head lodged as firmly up their own backsides as you clearly have.

How many of the Cardiff 'B' side Newport RFC played yesterday have their salaries paid for by Peter Pies this season then? Should rename Ponty the Parasites
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Mon 30 Sep 2013, 7:45 am

Jesus Christ, this forum is getting worse by the week :/

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 02 Oct 2013, 7:15 pm

Stone Motif wrote:Surprised any of the crowd watched the game if they've got their head lodged as firmly up their own backsides as you clearly have.

How many of the Cardiff 'B' side Newport RFC played yesterday have their salaries paid for by Peter Pies this season then?  Should rename Ponty the Parasites
Grow up you berk. Whats the matter? Still bitter at all the one sided pastings Pontypridd dished out to all the Gwent clubs over the years...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Wed 02 Oct 2013, 8:39 pm

Steffan wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:Surprised any of the crowd watched the game if they've got their head lodged as firmly up their own backsides as you clearly have.

How many of the Cardiff 'B' side Newport RFC played yesterday have their salaries paid for by Peter Pies this season then?  Should rename Ponty the Parasites
Grow up you berk. Whats the matter? Still bitter at all the one sided pastings Pontypridd dished out to all the Gwent clubs over the years...
Iesu Mawr. If Cardiff B fans spent money like they wrote bilge on the internet maybe they'd be able to sustain a pro team rather than having to sponge off their region for the dubious honour of being the biggest fish in a small pond that is the Welsh Premiership forevermore.

Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 02 Oct 2013, 8:51 pm

Your just a bitter little Ponty hater. Pathetic

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Oct 2013, 2:54 pm

Jimmy Moz wrote:Watching the Pontypridd v Newport 'B' game on S4C

You little stirrer.
Yeah great game I thought and proved you don't need pros on shed loads of sheckles for entertaining rugby.
Surprised to see Dai's boy turn out for Ponty though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Oct 2013, 3:40 pm

dragon999 wrote:Yes i enjoyed it too - Just wondering though, seeing "young" Gareth Wyatt on the wing there for Ponty are there any young Ponty lads that could make the step up to regional level or is just about Ponty winning the prem year in year out?
Ssshh! You can't say that.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Oct 2013, 4:36 pm

Steffan wrote:

'Orrible histories!
It's ancient Ponty scientific fact.
Stupid Steff, Stupid Steff..........

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 03 Oct 2013, 4:40 pm

So what happened to the dream that was 'Valleys Rugby: The real rugby region' then lads? Laugh 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Oct 2013, 4:46 pm

The Saint wrote:So what happened to the dream that was 'Valleys Rugby: The real rugby region' then lads? Laugh 
'ere you go.....
http://www.valleysrugby.com/our-timescale

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 03 Oct 2013, 4:48 pm

Laugh 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 03 Oct 2013, 6:47 pm

Yes lets all laugh at the failure of the selfish Valleys for trying to create a region for the benefit of Welsh rugby thumbsup

Nevermind I guess we can all go back watching the selfless 'real regions' of Cardiff, Llanelli, Newport and Swansea who totally show the Irish provinces what it is like to get massive crowds and appeal to huge parts of the country....

The Welsh domestic system is working lads. The Welsh domestic system is working. Keep saying it. The Welsh domestic syst...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 03 Oct 2013, 8:13 pm

Steffan wrote:Yes lets all laugh at the failure of the selfish Valleys for trying to create a region for the benefit of Welsh rugby thumbsup

Nevermind I guess we can all go back watching the selfless 'real regions' of Cardiff, Llanelli, Newport and Swansea who totally show the Irish provinces what it is like to get massive crowds and appeal to huge parts of the country....

The Welsh domestic system is working lads. The Welsh domestic system is working. Keep saying it. The Welsh domestic syst...
Oh behave mun.
Saint had a giggle that's all and the "Valleys Rugby" idea didn't fail. It would have had to have started first.
'real regions' - now there's a thought. Some believe we have these already mind ewe.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 03 Oct 2013, 9:05 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:'real regions' - now there's a thought. Some believe we have these already mind ewe
My back garden when the nephews are having a kick about is more of a region than Llanelli is

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:43 am

Steffan wrote:Yes lets all laugh at the failure of the selfish Valleys for trying to create a region for the benefit of Welsh rugby thumbsup
Hang on a minute: at the start, the talk was of Valleys Rugby taking games all over RCT but the last I heard, they'd decided that all matches would be played at Sardis Road. How would that differ from what the current four regions are doing?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:56 am

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:'real regions' - now there's a thought. Some believe we have these already mind ewe
My back garden when the nephews are having a kick about is more of a region than Llanelli is
Steff do you ever venture west to see this non-existant region you keep running down?

The Scarlets have a very strong support in the far west (yes there is actually a whole two counties further west than Carmarthen).  The players come visit kids teams around the region.  The other night Rob Evans, Sanjay and Cawdor were all down in Pembroke RFC training with the U12s, but hell that is only 53 miles from PYS, so I guess it can still be classed as part of Llanelli and not really part of hte wider region of the west.  For my regions home games i have a 120 mile round trip, so if you backgarden is more of a region, then man you have one hell of a garden.

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/6145.php

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link & getting players right, d'oh)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 04 Oct 2013, 8:57 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Hang on a minute: at the start, the talk was of Valleys Rugby taking games all over RCT but the last I heard, they'd decided that all matches would be played at Sardis Road. How would that differ from what the current four regions are doing?
Beause none of the other regions play at Sardis. Simples
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 04 Oct 2013, 10:57 am

I have said time and time before that we all know the Regions were set up wrong but its what we now have.

It is also a generation thing, there are family and friends of my generation who wont ever step foot in Rodney Parade but they now have young kids/nephews nieces etc who want to go and watch the Dragons play because thats their Region.

Believe it not (some people just don't want to believe it) the Dragons and other Regions I am sure do a hell of a lot of work with schools and youth rugby withing their Regions.

The mascots for Dragons home games are not just from Newport they are from the whole of Gwent and the players themselves have been around the schools clubs etc .
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:45 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Steff do you ever venture west to see this non-existant region you keep running down?
No. I highly doubt that he ever ventures out of his back garden.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:45 am

The fact that the Welsh national team are far more succesful than Ireland and England at the moment with a Word Cup Semi-Final, two 6 Nations in a row and dominating the winning Lions tour yet regional attendances compared to the English clubs and Irish provinces is a joke says it all. Cardiff RFC Region do give out free tickets to RCT kids but that mainly to make the attendances look better

The Valleys region may well have been a joke so therefore no different to the other 4 regions. If all games were to be at Sardis then yes this is wrong but if Peter Thomas says Cardiff will play all games at CAP or Tony Brown says all games will be at RP (which is the case) then thats deemed ok??????

And in my point of view people who say 'The setup is wrong but we have to accept it' are the kinda people who moan about the Tories but then dont bother to vote in the election or moan about the state of the roads but never actually write to the council. Its just just laying down to a system that is totally wrong and the future of Welsh rugby deserves so much better than what the current four superclubs are offering

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:47 am

The Saint wrote:No. I highly doubt that he ever ventures out of his back garden
Funnily enough I was only looking at both my Joe Calzage tickets yesterday from his fights against Bernard Hopkins in LAS VEGAS, AMERICA and Roy Jones Jnr in NEW YORK, AMERICA. Were you at these fights then Saint?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:50 am

Steffan wrote:
Funnily enough I was only looking at both my Joe Calzage tickets yesterday from his fights against Bernard Hopkins in LAS VEGAS, AMERICA and Roy Jones Jnr in NEW YORK, AMERICA. Were you at these fights by then Saint?
You do know Calzaghe is from Newbridge and not Ponty, right?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:55 am

The Saint wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Funnily enough I was only looking at both my Joe Calzage tickets yesterday from his fights against Bernard Hopkins in LAS VEGAS, AMERICA and Roy Jones Jnr in NEW YORK, AMERICA. Were you at these fights by then Saint?
You do know Calzaghe is from Newbridge and not Ponty, right?
Your point being?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 04 Oct 2013, 11:59 am

Steffan wrote:The fact that the Welsh national team are far more succesful than Ireland and England at the moment with a Word Cup Semi-Final, two 6 Nations in a row and dominating the winning Lions tour yet regional attendances compared to the English clubs and Irish provinces is a joke says it all. Cardiff RFC Region do give out free tickets to RCT kids but that mainly to make the attendances look better

The Valleys region may well have been a joke so therefore no different to the other 4 regions. If all games were to be at Sardis then yes this is wrong but if Peter Thomas says Cardiff will play all games at CAP or Tony Brown says all games will be at RP (which is the case) then thats deemed ok??????

And in my point of view people who say 'The setup is wrong but we have to accept it' are the kinda people who moan about the Tories but then dont bother to vote in the election or moan about the state of the roads but never actually write to the council. Its just just laying down to a system that is totally wrong and the future of Welsh rugby deserves so much better than what the current four superclubs are offering
So, going to Regional games and supporting the teams is less effective than b*tching about it on an internet forum ? If Ponty ever became computer literate they could bring the WRU down to its knees Shocked 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:02 pm

Las Vegas and New York are in America? Well you learn something new every day.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 04 Oct 2013, 12:04 pm

Ah here we go. The usual snobbish anti-Pontypridd comments as opposed to constructively trying to defend the current domestic setup. With stuff like this

munkian wrote:If Ponty ever became computer literate
its no wonder Welsh domestic rugby is in the state it is and people dont wanna support 'regions' supported by stuck up idiots like you

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next