The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

+46
Valero's Conscience
d260005p
aja424
Mind the windows Tino.
Sir. badgerhands
School Project
huw
The genius of PBF
eddyfightfan
ChelskiFanski
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
fearlessBamber
oxring
TRUSSMAN66
coxy0001
ONETWOFOREVER
bellchees
whotobeA
Michaels, Sean
superflyweight
Daz
jimdig
joeyjojo618
STC
Il Gialloblu
compelling and rich
wow_junky
AdZacO
ADMIN
Fists of Fury
Jukebox Timebomb
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
Davie
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Rowley
John Bloody Wayne
BALTIMORA
D4thincarnation
Union Cane
Scottrf
Adam D
50 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 3 Empty The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Adam D Fri 06 May 2011, 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I, as well as countless other people have had enough of threads descending into utter drivel.

If you want to go wildly off topic and discuss things, then please do so in here.

Today alone has seen threads descend into conversations about Blazing Saddles, hot women, the Royal family, how to cook duck and now darts.

Is this really how we are going to attract new members?

If you want to talk about these or other similarly non boxing related matters, do so here and not on threads people have taken the time to write.

The Gloves is now open for business, now who is buying the first round?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 1:35 pm

Don't think the biggest purses make it the biggest fight, although could point out a certain fight made Mosley more money last year Wink

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Scottrf Sat 07 May 2011, 1:36 pm

You could but it would show a lack of imagination.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 1:37 pm

Scottrf wrote:Well, it's going to be watched by the most people too in all probability. It's probably the biggest in every sense of the word apart from significance.

True. And height. And weight...reach, shoe size and...ah, you get me. Bit sad though that this fight is the biggest around at the moment.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 1:38 pm

How about this for some imagination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4hHMIpnjU

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 1:41 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Well, it's going to be watched by the most people too in all probability. It's probably the biggest in every sense of the word apart from significance.

True. And height. And weight...reach, shoe size and...ah, you get me. Bit sad though that this fight is the biggest around at the moment.

Well it will probably have the most PPV buys but would imagine Haye/Klitschko would be watched by more in Europe than that fight will in total

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 1:44 pm

Good point.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 1:44 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:How about this for some imagination

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4hHMIpnjU

Great win thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 07 May 2011, 1:51 pm

I was talking about so far. Haye vs Klitchsko will be a massive fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 1:54 pm

The fact it's a PPV fight think it's safe to assume other fights will have been more watched

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 07 May 2011, 1:56 pm

Viewing figures aren't that high in the US. Berto vs Ortiz is the biggest so far at 1.5m or so, this fight will easily clear that in the Phillipines alone.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 1:57 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Scottrf wrote:$20m vs $5m guarantees without PPV bonuses added makes it the biggest fight of the year so far in my book.

That just makes it the most highly-paid fight.

It will also be the most watched fight and it featuring the p4p king, the best fighter of his generation and the no.2 ranked welter in the world.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 1:59 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:featuring the p4p king, the best fighter of his generation

For that comment D4, its your round.
Jug of lager for me please.

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:00 pm

Scottrf wrote:Viewing figures aren't that high in the US. Berto vs Ortiz is the biggest so far at 1.5m or so, this fight will easily clear that in the Phillipines alone.

Wouldn't surprise me if over 150m world wide watch this live in one format of the other. And they say boxing is struggling to compete 🤦

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:01 pm

Y I Man wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:featuring the p4p king, the best fighter of his generation

Mannyhattens for everyone Yahoo

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 2:04 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Viewing figures aren't that high in the US. Berto vs Ortiz is the biggest so far at 1.5m or so, this fight will easily clear that in the Phillipines alone.

Wouldn't surprise me if over 150m world wide watch this live in one format of the other. And they say boxing is struggling to compete 🤦

90 million of those will be in the Philippines.

🤦

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 2:04 pm

I couldn't really care less about this fight to be honest, only the easily suggestible are overly bothered by it

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 2:06 pm

If 150 million people watch it 'in one format or the other', they could all watch it on illegal streams, and boxing wouldn't make a penny.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:07 pm

The Mighty Atom wrote:I couldn't really care less about this fight to be honest, only the easily suggestible are overly bothered by it

I point you to Brother Nazim's words.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:07 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Y I Man wrote:

Why thank you, D4.

On a serious note, mate, I hope you thoroughly enjoy the fight. You ship an awful lot of stick for your enthusiasm for Manny, and for the most part you do so with good humour. You deserve to enjoy the fight, and for your sake I sincerely hope it's a cracker.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 07 May 2011, 2:08 pm

What happened to all the new smileys? The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 3 4184233493
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:11 pm

Just going up to the bar to get another cocktail jug, who wants a Margarita, or maybe a "fluffy duck" but those are hard to come by, I hear they cost $100m.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 2:14 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
The Mighty Atom wrote:I couldn't really care less about this fight to be honest, only the easily suggestible are overly bothered by it

I point you to Brother Nazim's words.

Yeah ok D4, i'd rather listen to the words of someone not involved in the fight and whether you like it or not this fight is seen as a joke

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:15 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Just going up to the bar to get another cocktail jug, who wants a Margarita, or maybe a "fluffy duck" but those are hard to come by, I hear they cost $100m.

A Margarita or a Margarito ?

Better stick with Margarita. Wouldn't want to get plastered.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:16 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Y I Man wrote:

Why thank you, D4.

On a serious note, mate, I hope you thoroughly enjoy the fight. You ship an awful lot of stick for your enthusiasm for Manny, and for the most part you do so with good humour. You deserve to enjoy the fight, and for your sake I sincerely hope it's a cracker.

Thanks Windy, I can't see how this cannot be a good fight myself only a early KO would spoil it, but they both have good chins so maybe that is unlikey.

This fights could be a game changer as well, as it could show the rearmergence of Showtime, if it does big numbers because of there wider CBS audience there could be a significant power shift between them and HBO.

I do reccomend this fight to everyone, I stake my reputation on this fight being a top fight.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:18 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:Just going up to the bar to get another cocktail jug, who wants a Margarita, or maybe a "fluffy duck" but those are hard to come by, I hear they cost $100m.

Margarita Cocktail Ingredients
4 -6 cubes (cracked) Ice
3 measures white tequila
1 measure triple sec
2 measures lime juice
Instructions

Rub rim of chilled cocktail glass with lemon wedge and dip in coarse salt to frost. Put cracked ice cubes in shaker with the tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Shake well. Strain into prepared glass and decorate with lime slice.

Variations: Frozen Margarita, Blue Margarita, Margarita Imperiale, Peach Margarita.

fluffy duck Cocktail Ingredients
1 part/shot(30ml) advocaat
1 part/shot(30ml) cointreau
1 part/shot(30ml) cream
10 parts/shots(10x30ml)(add slowly) lemonade
Instructions

build and stir

What are you having Windy?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 07 May 2011, 2:19 pm

I will openly say that I will never post on here if this fight is anything but one sided, it's a joke and quite pathetic your trying to make out it's something it quite clearly isn't

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:20 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

4 -6 cubes (cracked) Ice
3 measures white tequila
1 measure triple sec
2 measures lime juice
Instructions

Rub rim of chilled cocktail glass with lemon wedge and dip in coarse salt to frost. Put cracked ice cubes in shaker with the tequila, triple sec and lime juice. Shake well. Strain into prepared glass and decorate with lime slice.

Variations: Frozen Margarita, Blue Margarita, Margarita Imperiale, Peach Margarita.

1 part/shot(30ml) cream
Instructions

build and stir

Bit rich for my blood, D4.

I'll settle for a good old pint of bitter or a nice single malt.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:23 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

4 -6 cubes (cracked) Ice
3 measures white tequila
1 measure triple sec
2 measures lime juice
Instructions

1 part/shot(30ml) cream
Instructions

build and stir

You a scotch drinker Windy?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:25 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

4 -6 cubes (cracked) Ice
3 measures white tequila
1 measure triple sec
2 measures lime juice
Instructions

1 part/shot(30ml) cream
Instructions

build and stir

You a scotch drinker Windy?

I'm not much in the way of a drinker, D4, but when I do have a tipple then good old beer or scotch would be my top choices.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 07 May 2011, 2:27 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Y I Man wrote:

Why thank you, D4.

Thanks Windy, I can't see how this cannot be a good fight myself only a early KO would spoil it, but they both have good chins so maybe that is unlikey.

This fights could be a game changer as well, as it could show the rearmergence of Showtime, if it does big numbers because of there wider CBS audience there could be a significant power shift between them and HBO.

I do reccomend this fight to everyone, I stake my reputation on this fight being a top fight.

You taking your reputation on it being a cracker is akin to me agreeing to stake my Enron shares on it.

Last edited by rowley on Sat 07 May 2011, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : blithering idiocy)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 2:29 pm

D4 do you just spend your life cutting and pasting?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:29 pm

I got a bottle of Johnie Walker blue label. A great blend of single malts, some from casks the distilers don't exist anymore Some over 100 years old (no jokes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQVXHX7rMhA

It is a great drink, but just a bit expensive

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:31 pm

I've been a to a few bar when it is £30 quick a shot.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 07 May 2011, 2:31 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:D4 do you just spend your life cutting and pasting?

Beating your meat over Manny posters doesn't allow a lot of time for anything else.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 07 May 2011, 2:32 pm

As the landlord of this establishment, I am declaring happy hour.

Which means - its pub quiz time.

Question: Who can come up with the best drink or food based named boxer (or connected to the boxing world).

So far Windy is winning with his MannyHatton drink.

Prize for the winner - a magnum of Babysham

Last edited by Hobo on Sat 07 May 2011, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:32 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:I got a bottle of Johnie Walker blue label. A great blend of single malts, some from casks the distilers don't exist anymore Some over 100 years old (no jokes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQVXHX7rMhA

It is a great drink, but just a bit expensive

If some which make up the blend are over 100 years old I'm not surprised it's expensive. I'm certainly not that much of an enthusiast, I'm afraid.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:33 pm

Hobo wrote:As the landlord of this establishment, I am declaring happy hour.

Which means - its pub quiz time.

Question: Who can come up with the best drink or food based named boxer (or connected to the boxing world).

So far Windy is winning with his MannyHatton drink.

Prize for the winner - a magnum of Babysham

Donald Curry.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:34 pm

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=425958&cat=boxer

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 2:35 pm

rowley wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:D4 do you just spend your life cutting and pasting?

Beating your meat over Manny posters doesn't allow a lot of time for anything else.

Suppose. If ever he gets a job his world will change. Does he spoil other sites as well as this one?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:36 pm

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=469661&cat=boxer

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 07 May 2011, 2:39 pm

Floyd HoneyComb
Don King Prawn Bhuna
Amir Chile Khan Khane

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:40 pm

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=155599&cat=boxer

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 07 May 2011, 2:40 pm

CMon windy - post the names as well!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 2:42 pm

Arturo Gateaux

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sat 07 May 2011, 2:43 pm

Bob Fosters

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sat 07 May 2011, 2:43 pm

Hobo wrote:CMon windy - post the names as well!

Okay. They were :

Kid Pie

Young Fish

Venezia Pizza

I'll look for some better ones.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 2:46 pm

Jack Daniels

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=466949&cat=boxer

Easy.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 May 2011, 2:46 pm

Oscar De La Soya-Bean

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 07 May 2011, 2:46 pm

Chicken BALTImora?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 07 May 2011, 2:48 pm

Baby Sam.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=497676&cat=boxer

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next