The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

+46
Valero's Conscience
d260005p
aja424
Mind the windows Tino.
Sir. badgerhands
School Project
huw
The genius of PBF
eddyfightfan
ChelskiFanski
Young_Towzer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
fearlessBamber
oxring
TRUSSMAN66
coxy0001
ONETWOFOREVER
bellchees
whotobeA
Michaels, Sean
superflyweight
Daz
jimdig
joeyjojo618
STC
Il Gialloblu
compelling and rich
wow_junky
AdZacO
ADMIN
Fists of Fury
Jukebox Timebomb
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
Davie
The Galveston Giant
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Rowley
John Bloody Wayne
BALTIMORA
D4thincarnation
Union Cane
Scottrf
Adam D
50 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 11 Empty The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Adam D Fri 06 May 2011, 3:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

I, as well as countless other people have had enough of threads descending into utter drivel.

If you want to go wildly off topic and discuss things, then please do so in here.

Today alone has seen threads descend into conversations about Blazing Saddles, hot women, the Royal family, how to cook duck and now darts.

Is this really how we are going to attract new members?

If you want to talk about these or other similarly non boxing related matters, do so here and not on threads people have taken the time to write.

The Gloves is now open for business, now who is buying the first round?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm meeting some redheaded chick from Didsbury.
She's quite easy to please.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:13 pm

Is her husband out chinning folk in the Blue Oyster by any chance?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:14 pm

rowley wrote:

Only if they are on acid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:

Only if they are on acid.

Who the bleeding hell takes acid nowadays!! Did Truss go out drinking in 1969

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

I've never heard it referred to as 'chinning' before...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

I would have thought 'The Brown Oyster' would have made a more appropriate name...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

Union Cane wrote:I've never heard it referred to as 'chinning' before...

What do they normally refer to it as in the Blue Oyster then Union?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:21 pm

'buggering'?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:22 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:

'buggering'?

LOL (sorry Jeff).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm

I'll let it pass, it's Friday, i'll be in the pub in little over three hours and that was almost worth one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:23 pm

Its known, I believe, as a "Cleveland Steamer"
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:42 pm

Oh, er, it might be too late, but you'd be better off not googling "Cleveland Steamer" by the way.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:44 pm

Union Cane wrote:Oh, er, it might be too late, but you'd be better off not googling "Cleveland Steamer" by the way.

No need to it's a train isn't it?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:51 pm

rowley wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Oh, er, it might be too late, but you'd be better off not googling "Cleveland Steamer" by the way.

I thought it was the ramrod jab that "Big Cat" Williams used to throw.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 15 Jul 2011, 2:53 pm

rowley wrote:

Strain*

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:03 am

Greenburg resigns from HBO!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:48 pm

Povetkin-Chagaev for the vacant WBA title confirmed for August 27.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 11 Empty Just Me?

Post by d260005p Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:20 pm

Anyone else having a Poopie day at work today or is it just me?

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:21 pm

Off topic. Going to the pub thread.

5 mins to work out where its gone.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:26 am

prettyboykev wrote:Povetkin-Chagaev for the vacant WBA title confirmed for August 27.

laughing I forgot Wladimir is now the 'Super Duper' Champion.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 11 Empty Stupid Topic

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:46 pm

Ladies and Gents,

A quick stupid one before i go on my break. With the continuing rise of the Pacman through the weights, how do you think he would fair against Chagaev or Povetikn? I know the weight classes are obviously amazingly different, but we the speed and ridiculous power Pacman holds, how do you think he would do against a 5ft11 - 6f1 slow plodding heavyweight?

Cheers

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:49 pm

No idea, but I'd imagine him getting knocked out.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

Badly. His power is average at welter and wouldn't carry above 154, so he wouldn't put a dent in them. Also, he's not the hardest to hit so a few digs from even a limited heavy would have him in trouble (so you would think given he's been ko'd by flyweights before. If he walked through a 230lb opponent I might start investing in some of Ariza's special drinks myself).
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:54 pm

PAC to win via spinning backfist and challenge Wlad to "Ultimate Conkers" (that would be TO THE DEATH)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:54 pm

d260005p wrote:Ladies and Gents,

A quick stupid one before i go on my break. With the continuing rise of the Pacman through the weights, how do you think he would fair against Chagaev or Povetikn? I know the weight classes are obviously amazingly different, but we the speed and ridiculous power Pacman holds, how do you think he would do against a 5ft11 - 6f1 slow plodding heavyweight?

Cheers

Manny's power is not ridiculous above WW and even at WW he hasn't shown anything like one-punch knockout power.

Not sure if posted as a wind up, but regardless how limited Chagaev and co are, they would literally stop Manny in his tracks IMO

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:54 pm

The fight would be held with a 152.2 catchweight, so definitely pacman wins both.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

The Gloves - The Boxing Board Pub Thread - Page 11 Empty Tyson Fury's Wedding Brawl

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:54 pm

After Tyson Fury's wedding caused a huge brawl, the best man ended up in court.

In front of the judge, he was trying to explain how it all happened.

Fury's Best Man: "Well, it was like this, your honour, it is the custom for the best man to have the first dance with the bride, which I was doing, nice and close like. Tyson then came over and kicked the poor bride, his own misses like, in the foo foo as hard as he could."

Judge: "Gosh, that must have been painful."

Fury's Best Man "Hurt? You are not kidding, he broke three of me flipping fingers."

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:57 pm

True, but it be wierdly fun to watch because i think both of those heavyweights are a complete joke

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:58 pm

Funny story, Steffan, but you'll understand that I'm going to put this in the pub thread.

As per usual, I'll leave it here for five minutes or so in order to give everybody a chance to see where it's gone.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

Fun to watch Pacquiao get knocked out within a minute? The first half decent shot that lands on him by either would finish him off

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:59 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:Funny story, Steffan, but you'll understand that I'm going to put this in the pub thread.

As per usual, I'll leave it here for five minutes or so in order to give everybody a chance to see where it's gone.

No worries OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:00 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:
d260005p wrote:Ladies and Gents,

Cheers

Manny's power is not ridiculous above WW and even at WW he hasn't shown anything like one-punch knockout power.

Not sure if posted as a wind up, but regardless how limited Chagaev and co are, they would literally stop Manny in his tracks IMO

No mate its not a wind up post, more of a thinking match to be fair. Just wondered what the general perception would be. I know his power above WW isnt the best, but he has only fought Granite chin Margarito and to be fair he did put Mosley down for only his 2nd time in his career, so that power isnt TOO bad.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:01 pm

Today at 16:46

A quick stupid one before i go on my break

------

Call Centre?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:01 pm

He's no Langford or Fitzsimmons in the punching stakes though is he, he'd have next to no chance against Froch or Ward let alone a heavyweight

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:04 pm

Steffan wrote:Today at 16:46

------

Call Centre?

Telesales. Get in. Boredom at ITS finest

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:05 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:He's no Langford or Fitzsimmons in the punching stakes though is he, he'd have next to no chance against Froch or Ward let alone a heavyweight

This is true mate, however, i only chose Chagaev or Povetkin because of the massive speed difference. Pacman may not get caught as much against them as he would Froch or Ward

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

d260005p wrote:

------

Call Centre?

I used to work in credit checks. Even when I got promoted to the office we had to work shifts to tie in with the other departments. Could tell by the time you took you break was call centre. Least you get bonus for your targets in sales though as we never did mad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:07 pm

You've got to be on the wind up with this, speed wont overcome the fact that could just bulldozer through him in double quick time

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:08 pm

Steffan can only DREAM of a job in Telesales..too busy being racist towards honest hardworking folk like Tyson Fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:

------

Call Centre?

I used to work in credit checks. Even when I got promoted to the office we had to work shifts to tie in with the other departments. Could tell by the time you took you break was call centre. Least you get bonus for your targets in sales though as we never did mad

Promoted to the office, where were you before? The Car Park?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

rowley wrote:
Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:

------

Call Centre?

Promoted to the office, where were you before? The Car Park?

The call centre floor (on the phones)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

Dave 667

Glad to see Mr Haye's chief nuthugger is back. Clearly feeling a lot better after a period of soul searching.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:

------

Call Centre?

Nice. Well the only good thing to come out of sales is bonus. Its a shockingly boring day. Only sold 2 phone contracts today to LTD companies. Thats it. Not fun, roll on the weekend.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Steffan can only DREAM of a job in Telesales..too busy being racist towards honest hardworking folk like Tyson Fury

Weclome back Dave. Aint seen you on here for a while. Nothings changed then Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:14 pm

d260005p wrote:
Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:

------

Call Centre?

Nice. Well the only good thing to come out of sales is bonus. Its a shockingly boring day. Only sold 2 phone contracts today to LTD companies. Thats it. Not fun, roll on the weekend.

I used to sell broadband to LTD companies. If they failed the credit check I would change them to a partnership to skip the credit part. Then go back into the account and enter the company registration number. Anything to get the targets me. Never got caught either Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

i actually rate povetkin, think he will provide wlad with his toughest challenge when he eventually faces him. as for pac man, it would be like a man hitting a child, probably down after first punch. even the poor heavyweight punch with some awsome power.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:
Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:

------

Call Centre?

HAHA. May take a leaf out of your book and start buying out contracts even if they have 21 months left at £50 a month. Wont get bonus though, but my sub sales will rocket therefore resulting in promotion. You never know hey.

I used to sell broadband to LTD companies. If they failed the credit check I would change them to a partnership to skip the credit part. Then go back into the account and enter the company registration number. Anything to get the targets me. Never got caught either Very Happy

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:17 pm

Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:
Steffan wrote:
d260005p wrote:

------

Call Centre?

HAHA. May take a leaf out of your book and start buying out contracts even if they have 21 months left at £50 a month. Wont get bonus though, but my sub sales will rocket therefore resulting in promotion. You never know hey.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:18 pm

I really dont know what happened to my last post. Thats happened twice now. And whoever stated that Povetkin fella was good needs to wobble his head.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

Aww you missed me really. re me being absent, we just lost two folk in our office so been up to my eyeballs at work, currently on holiday in Spain but found a bar with free wi-fi to post here and been getting my house sorted for the arrival of my baby. As for Haye I believe I posted the day after the fight that he was pee poor and there is no need for ME to do any soul searching as I wasn't the one who phoned it in. Keep smiling chaps!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next