The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations 2014/15 fixtures

4 posters

Go down

6 Nations 2014/15 fixtures Empty 6 Nations 2014/15 fixtures

Post by Adam D Thu 23 May 2013, 12:41 pm

6 Nations 2014/15 fixtures Fixturesg

PRESS RELEASE FROM WELSH RUGBY UNION:
The Welsh Rugby Union is urging supporters to plan their travel well in advance for the RBS 6 Nations international 2014 match between Wales and France which takes place at the Millennium Stadium on Friday 21st February.
The WRU advises travelling fans to follow the pattern set by people attending concerts, midweek soccer games and previous Friday night rugby fixtures in arranging how to get into and out of the city.
Thousands of visitors to the Millennium Stadium will already be used to attending major evening events and ensuring they plan their train, coach or car journeys accordingly.

More travel advice will be issued by all the relevant stakeholders nearer the event, but the WRU wants supporters to make sure they do not leave their plans to the last minute.

The Millennium Stadium Manager, Gerry Toms, said:
“Our message to fans is to plan travel arrangements as early as possible, to use coaches and the park and ride services or to spend some time in Cardiff and spread their journeys across the weekend.

“Many rugby fans are used to attending Friday night games, and they plan accordingly, but for those who will be enjoying the experience for the first time it is important to flag up the fact that these fixtures come with their own challenges.
“We have already held preliminary discussions with the road, rail and bus service providers all of whom will, in due course, issue comprehensive timetables of the various services available.

“The arrangements in place will not be dissimilar to those following live concerts at the Millennium Stadium, but the important thing is for those attending to consider their plans in advance of the event.”
Wales’ national ground stands at the heart of its capital city and has hosted an array of major events featuring in primetime evening slots.
Cardiff’s transport and hospitality infrastructure has supported 60,000 plus sell-out international music artists at evening events, with the likes of U2, Bruce Springsteen, the Rolling Stones, Oasis and Madonna .

Evening and midweek football events have also been hosted with London 2012 recently bringing 11 matches in around 20 days to Wales.
Night time fixtures have also featured at the Millennium Stadium during two Rugby World Cup tournaments as well as previous RBS 6 Nations championships.
Next year Wales as the reigning European champions will host France in Cardiff for an 8pm Friday night kick off against France.
The RBS 6 Nations Committee has also announced that in 2015 Wales will host another Friday night fixture, to kick-off the tournament when England visit on 6th February (8.05pm).

Gerry Toms added:
“The great thing is that these fixtures have been announced well in advance allowing supporters the time to arrange and coordinate their travel and accommodation requirements.

“The Millennium Stadium is a tried and tested venue and we know we have the infrastructure to handle capacity evening events as long as we ensure we have an educated fan base fully aware of the different approach required to making their travel plans.”
He reminded fans that the city centre location means that Cardiff’s hotels are also easily accessible for those who wish to stay in the city overnight.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

6 Nations 2014/15 fixtures Empty Re: 6 Nations 2014/15 fixtures

Post by George Carlin Thu 23 May 2013, 1:19 pm

Nice work Adam.

So we're got England and France at home and Wales, Ireland and Italy away. I can smell 4 wins in that... Very Happy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 23 May 2013, 2:02 pm

George Carlin wrote:Nice work Adam.

So we're got England and France at home and Wales, Ireland and Italy away. I can smell 4 wins in that... Very Happy

I know a good ENT Surgeon if you're interested thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 23 May 2013, 2:08 pm

RubyGuby wrote:

I know a good ENT Surgeon if you're interested thumbsup
Laugh clap I can also recommend a taxidermist to advise in advance on the stuffing that you'll receive on 15 March, Ruby.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 23 May 2013, 2:13 pm

thumbsup You've been starving us of stuffing for years George and I love the stuff Ale

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 23 May 2013, 2:23 pm

Yep you have a great chance of coming 2nd behind the Joe Schmidt express train. thumbsup

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down