The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwich City - Potential Transfer Targets From The Lower Leagues.

+2
Dolphin Ziggler
hampo17
6 posters

Go down

Norwich City - Potential Transfer Targets From The Lower Leagues. Empty Norwich City - Potential Transfer Targets From The Lower Leagues.

Post by hampo17 Thu 23 May 2013, 6:46 pm

Olly has taken a look at who he thinks Norwich should sign from the lower leagues.

Take a look here: http://v2journal.com/20/post/2013/05/norwich-city-potential-transfer-signings-from-the-lower-leagues.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Norwich City - Potential Transfer Targets From The Lower Leagues. Empty Re: Norwich City - Potential Transfer Targets From The Lower Leagues.

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 23 May 2013, 6:57 pm

I love people with words for surnames

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Norwich City - Potential Transfer Targets From The Lower Leagues. Empty Re: Norwich City - Potential Transfer Targets From The Lower Leagues.

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 May 2013, 8:09 pm

I'm glad my name amuses you
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 23 May 2013, 8:57 pm

Good read Olly, I've never rated Curtis Davies tbh

If Norwich are looking for a young keeper from the lower league, they shouild at Tranmere's Owain Fon Williams. I think he's an excellicent young keeper, possably the best keeper in League 1 and this regular in the welsh squad!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 May 2013, 9:03 pm

Cheers VDT!

Last thing we need at the moment is another keeper, we've already got 4 on our books Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 23 May 2013, 9:20 pm

I've tweeted a link to the article on the V2 football twitter page
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 May 2013, 9:22 pm

Ooo I follow it now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 23 May 2013, 9:24 pm

It does Olly, it does, interesting names are worth so much.

Curtis Davies will be made into someone good if someone gets a hold of him but the languishing is doing him no favours. He's past the age now where time in the Championship might be good for a defender.

We're also linked with Redmond, although I wouldnt touch him at the prices bandied about, he is looking pretty good. Not Prem quality yet, I think he definitely needs to prove more before a move up a level. He has some potential, but hes not one you would definitely say will be great.

Byram and Hughes I would both expect to be picked up by bigger northern clubs.

I would look at Derby's Brayford, Kieran Trippier or Chris Solly as full backs with potential. I really like Brayford personally.

Bridcutt is an interesting one. I think he has a solid future ahead of him but at this moment in time I think you need to spend midfield money on someone a step above what you have. I think you lack a real quality centre midfielder, and someone like Bridcutt may fit too closely to the Howson and Butterfield (who was really good at Barnsley and could recover that ability with fitness) who are prospects but not too close to the finished article.

Charlie Austin interests me. He's 1 in every 2 for Burnley. He would probably for cheaper than Jordan Rhodes yet hes the one considered Premier League worthy. There's been a good few strikers in recent years who have shown that after Championship goals they can score the odd goal in the Prem too. Do you need him? Considering how much you are probably likely to spend and the fact you've RVW (who I assume will be looked at as first choice or competing with Holt) then I'd say no.

Thats my take. Good stuff though, bet they gobbled up the discussion on the Norwich sites, nothing like an end of season to get transfer talk flying.

Last edited by chris.wilkerson13 on Thu 23 May 2013, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 23 May 2013, 9:24 pm

I'll post that same comment on the article for comments sake

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 May 2013, 9:29 pm

I know that now we will be looking abroad mainly Chris for some signings, but some Norwich fans seem to have dismissed the lower leagues completely. Which is odd considering pretty much all our squad now bar one or two, came from the lower leagues.

I think Bridcutt would be an improvement on Johnson for sure. Howson needs to played in the right position to flourish, allowed to attack and go box to box. As you say Butterfield has great potential, but seems to be really struggling to get over this injury. I hope he can, because he could take over the Hoolahan role, and has two great feet.

Rhodes is an interesting one, because he is definition of a poacher. He scores a lot, but really doesn't do much else. For a team like us, I don't think we can afford to have such a luxury type player tbh.

I'd just like us to sign Byram purely because the Leeds fans would rage (and he is pretty darn decent)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 May 2013, 9:31 pm

On the Johnson point, Norwich fans love him, but he is a dreadful passer. He had the worst pass completion percentage of any central midfielder in the league last season at around 70%. That's where half our problems eminate from. We can't get quality service to our wingers/strikers from midfield.

I think that's the area we really need to improve
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu 23 May 2013, 9:46 pm

Curtis Davies was a very good defender for Albion when we had him, was very young then as well. But he's an absolute kumquat.

Byram is a quality player. We've been linked with him but can't see any chance of that happening. Hughes will also be picked up by a bigger club as Chris said.

Redmond has potential, I think his price will be a lot cheaper because of Blues financial trouble. I'll be fair, Bridcutt has impressed me whenever I've seen him play. He'd definitely do a job for Norwich.

Signing Championship forwards is a risky business, there generally isn't a lot of value for money when buying forwards from that league. Haven't seen Austin enough to make a judgement, but seen more of Rhodes. I don't think he has the all round game to succeed in the top division. Then again, the volume of goals he scored for a poorer side is hugely impressive.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 23 May 2013, 10:35 pm

Bridcutt is too good for Norwich IMO.

Redmond is a great player but can't see him leaving Birmingham for some reason. Davies i recon will join you lot, however im not fully convinced he is better than Turner and Bassong, as they have developed a good partnership at Norwich this season.

Byram is class, but can't see Leeds getting him go, especially with Brian in charge there now.

Austin worth a punt and tbf Norwich would be a good move for him. He is a real danger man in the penalty area.

Hughes is a real talent, but apparently according to some Derby fans he spends a stupid amount of time on the floor. Good player none the less and i recon he could be a future England player, i again don't think he will join Norwich, he will stay at Derby and hold out for a better offer.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 May 2013, 10:37 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Bridcutt is too good for Norwich IMO.

We've found Brighton's Dave Whelan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down