The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federers remaining ambitions

4 posters

Go down

Federers remaining ambitions Empty Federers remaining ambitions

Post by bogbrush Fri 24 May 2013, 10:46 pm

We sometimes speculate on this, but he just participated in an "Ask me Anything" session and this came up;

atifinthenight: Hi Roger! My question is: at this point in your career, are there any records or achievements that you still really want?
iamrogerfederer: There are some great new CD's out that I haven't bought yet. But in terms of tennis records:

Any record is welcome. 8 Wimbledons would be great. I'd also love to win another ATP World Tour final. And getting back to World No. 1

I'm slightly surprised at the ATP final idea but not at the other two. 8 Wimbledons is surely the top one, putting him ahead of Sampras (not sure I can believe I'm typing that, it didn't seem imaginable when he got his 7th).
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Federers remaining ambitions Empty Re: Federers remaining ambitions

Post by HM Murdock Fri 24 May 2013, 10:55 pm

Why did you choose the screen name 'atifinthenight'? Wink

8 Wimbledons would be good.

Another one would be another RG and he can say he's won all the slams more than once.

Getting to number 1 is just words I suspect. I see nothing in his schedule or activity to suggest he's looking to rack up points.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri 24 May 2013, 11:43 pm

I think the most important for his legacy would be the calendar year grand slam however obviously it's a long shot and a half. He had his better chances already.

To what's been said I would also add that with 5 US opens he is tied for open era record with Connors and Sampras.

Mind you, Bill Tilden has 7. Richard Sears and Bill Larned also have 7 from around 1890-1910, but not sure how credible those are.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 24 May 2013, 11:46 pm

Smile not me of course, I am bogbrush everywhere, and the only one. I always smile every time Private Eye uses my name, I'm sure it can't e coincidence.

Well the article is about what the man himself says. We may have different ideas but these are his calls.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 25 May 2013, 1:15 am

HM Murdoch wrote:Why did you choose the screen name 'atifinthenight'? Wink

8 Wimbledons would be good.

Another one would be another RG and he can say he's won all the slams more than once.

Getting to number 1 is just words I suspect. I see nothing in his schedule or activity to suggest he's looking to rack up points.

I agree here, winning the 2nd FO would be as good as winning 8th Wim, while Winning 8th Wim would be un-imaginable, winning 2nd FO would give him so much pleasure considering how many finals he lost there, it would be more fun if the semi go on for a 6 h marathon and the finalist get knocked out by Fed in the margin 6-2 6-1 6-0, I hope many remember tat score line Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down