The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scottish Pro team thread

+44
justified sinner
jebus
Welshmushroom
Brendan
Tattie Scones RRN
reallybored
VinceWLB
Biltong
Captain_Sensible
Totalflanker
bsando
furra_linee
tigertattie
alexgmacdonald
Imperialbigdave
jimbopip
Portnoy's Complaint
allyt2k
RuggerRadge2611
Weegie Wizard
Manky-Flanker
EWT Spoons
nickj
Solid8
Tramptastic
21st Century Schizoid Man
IanBru
GLove39
funnyExiledScot
EST
CraigS1874
highland_scot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
George Carlin
JayMaster3000
RDW
Dorothy_Mantooth
Majestic83
Pat_Mustard
whocares
cakeordeath
Kingshu
InjuredYetAgain
48 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Scottish Pro team thread - Page 12 Empty Scottish Pro team thread

Post by 123456789 Mon 27 May 2013, 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

There doesn't seem to be much going on but I thought it might be an idea to set up a thread devoted to transfers, coaching news and general new information to do with the Scottish pro clubs over the summer

Back to top Go down

Scottish Pro team thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Scottish Pro team thread

Post by RDW Mon 22 Jul 2013, 1:06 pm

I'm holding things back for you wonderful thread GC!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 22 Jul 2013, 1:11 pm

jimbopip wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:With Horne ruled out, the only other option at 13 is Sean Lamont. If Bennett can't get game time with Sean Lamont as his only real rival for the jersey, then he should probably think about doing something else for a living....
Fes, with Horne out and Wee Dunkie and Rhubarb slightly crocked then we could see; DTH- Seymour on the wings, NoMaits at 15 and Dunbar-Hogg at 12-13. Although the back three od DTH-Maitland-Hogg looks the best. (What wouldn't the MFL give for a second choice of Schlong-Seymour-Murchie? None of whom have Visser's beast-like aggression in the tackle or Nikki Walker's mercurial pace and Sonic-like changes of direction.)
I do fear that we look rather threadbare in the centres. Dunbar and angel  seem to be the only obvious candidates, so we could, with injuries etc, well end up with Wee Dunkie at 10 and Jackson at 12 with Schlong at 13. Shocked 
Interesting that once Horneefurralinee is not available you suddenly realise just how important he is to the team.
On no account do I want to see Hogg at 10 mad 
Of course all of the above totally ignores the fact that we will have the FijiWeegie at 9, or on the wing.Yahoo 
At the moment Toonie is no more than 2% Muppet, but he needs to build on last season to get that down to a more realistic just your normal Glaswegian 1.379%.

P.S. Am about to depart England's green and pleasant blah blah for most of August and will return just in time for Harlequins v Warriors can anyone suggest any good boozers near t'Stoop for pre-match rehydration? Thanks.

j-pip, I don't really rate any of the boozers around Twickenham, and the Stoop itself has a couple of decent watering holes, so you could do a lot worse than head to the ground to tee yersel up. Alternatively, go to Richmond first to sample its delights - there are several, and you're only a short train ride from Twickers OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 22 Jul 2013, 1:13 pm

George Carlin wrote:Anything anyone knows* about any of the other Scottish posters listed above should be shared right here and right now.

* Even if it's an utter lie, but funny. The way that Wikipedia and your senile old uncle "knows" things.

I may have some knowledge of one or three other Scots posters but will most certainly be keeping it to mysel!

In the meantime, here's me hard at work (zimmer frame just our of sight): http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=1110&q=road+line+marking&oq=road+line+&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.1597.2723.0.4827.10.10.0.0.0.0.118.771.7j3.10.0....0...1ac.1.21.img.XsCp2hGc90I#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=hZzRX9NvUH3W0M%3A%3BZELW5LtjZqtubM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstarttrafficmanagement.co.uk%252Fimage%252Fcache%252Fdata%252Fmarkings%252Froad%252Froad-line-markings-thermoplastic-500x500_0.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fstarttrafficmanagement.co.uk%252Fline-marking-tape-10-roll-pack%3B500%3B500

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Jul 2013, 1:15 pm

I'd second that - Richmond is a much better area for drinking that Twickenham, loads of good pubs there.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 22 Jul 2013, 1:16 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Captain_Sensible wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:It is a real concern. He's now getting too old for the playground, a bit like the school bully who picks on the juniors and hogs the swings, yet can't stand up to the seniors and people in his own year.

Really? He's scored three tries already for Glasgow in about half a season. He's been impressive whenever he's played.

CS – it is a long standing joke on here that FES is dubious about the lofty pedestal that a lot of people put the Messiah on – I’m sure he thinks he is a promising player, but hopes of the next Brian O’Driscoll are a bit premature almost certainly not doing the potential of the lad any justice whatsoever!

Hence you will see a lot of these comments when the Messiah is mentioned!Very Happy 

Fixed that for you, RDW, absolutely no charge - cos I like you OK

angel

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Jul 2013, 1:17 pm

He may know little about judging young up and coming rugby players, but that ASBO chap can sure paint!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Jul 2013, 2:26 pm

Apologies for getting back onto rugby, but here’s the Edinburgh coach story I mentioned earlier:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/latest/rugby-alan-solomons-set-for-edinburgh-1-3009237

The jist being that it will be Solomons, but he won’t be able to join until later in the year as the Southern Kings are fighting for their survival in the Super XV! Ringing endorsement that is….

It’s a real shame we’re having to wait until after the season starts to get a coach. Edinburgh really needed someone from the start of the summer to have spent time getting good signings and planning what he was going to do with the team on the pitch. Instead he’s going to have to join in half way through the season, unable to really mould the team to how he wants.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat_Mustard Mon 22 Jul 2013, 2:28 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Bill Lothian (Edinburgh Evening news) says the SA media is claiming a saffer coach will be taking over at Edinburgh – not been able to find the articles in question so will have to wait until his Evening News article is published later on to see which one it is.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/rugby/latest/rugby-alan-solomons-set-for-edinburgh-1-3009237

Pat_Mustard

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Jul 2013, 2:31 pm

I haven't yet formed a view on Solomons yet, but I agree that as with Cotter and Scotland, the timing is far from ideal. Basically we're set to lose a season, whilst our competitors continue to forge ahead.

These guys had better be worth waiting for!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Jul 2013, 2:33 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but what are they still playing for in the Super XV? Are they not on the knock out rounds just now and the Southern Kings have nothing to do with it?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Jul 2013, 2:38 pm

Your ignorance is forgiven. I have no idea either....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Mon 22 Jul 2013, 2:49 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but what are they still playing for in the Super XV? Are they not on the knock out rounds just now and the Southern Kings have nothing to do with it?

They have relegation/promotion matches scheduled against the Lions for the next super 15 season. The Lions being relegated from Super rugby was part of the reason Strauss made the move to Glasgow when he did

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Jul 2013, 2:53 pm

Thanks Manky. When will that be finished?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 22 Jul 2013, 3:06 pm

That is weird. I thought he'd' actually been given the welly. Clearly he is much more professional towards his club than they had condescended to be towards him. Talk about a bugger's'muddle.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Jul 2013, 3:08 pm

GC - John Plumtree of the Sharks was given the sack wasn't he? Probably would have preferred him but can't see him being interested in Edinburgh.

Anyone know of any decent Southern Kings players Solomons can bring over with him? As in players that might realistically be interested?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Mon 22 Jul 2013, 3:22 pm

RDW, last match is 2nd August.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Jul 2013, 3:37 pm

Well unless he wants a long holiday I can’t see why he would not be available to be in place by the start of the season! The wording of the article – “later in the year” – suggested a lot later.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:20 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Well unless he wants a long holiday I can’t see why he would not be available to be in place by the start of the season! The wording of the article – “later in the year” – suggested a lot later.

Well the Southern Kings are the province's Super Rugby franchise. The province also competes in the Currie cup as Eastern Province Kings which is a feeder team to the Southern kings (Solomons being involved in both teams). Therefore since the Currie cup doesn't finish until October, Edinburgh may well have to wait until then before they get their man.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Jul 2013, 4:26 pm

Sounds familiar to Issak Van der Vesthausen – played in the Curry cup until October so didn’t join Edinburgh until later that month.

Would be pretty bad if we had to wait until the end of October until we had a coach in place.

This pretty much spells the end of any chance of getting decent signings this year!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Jul 2013, 5:25 pm

You mean any "more" decent signings. Remember we have already snagged the signature of Jack Cuthbert. He's a big player.

I think this is a disaster personally. I haven't done my research on Solomons but is he really worth screwing up an entire season for? They've had since Christmas to find the right guy - is he really the best they could do? Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they will actually be transparent about this and share the rationale? Hopefully they won't announce anything until he's actually signed.....

Can anyone shed any light on Solomons, and why he's such an outstanding appointment that it's worth writing off a season to get him? Presumably Southern Kings are doing really well under him?

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Brendan Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:00 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:You mean any "more" decent signings. Remember we have already snagged the signature of Jack Cuthbert. He's a big player.

I think this is a disaster personally. I haven't done my research on Solomons but is he really worth screwing up an entire season for? They've had since Christmas to find the right guy - is he really the best they could do? Is it beyond the realms of possibility that they will actually be transparent about this and share the rationale? Hopefully they won't announce anything until he's actually signed.....

Can anyone shed any light on Solomons, and why he's such an outstanding appointment that it's worth writing off a season to get him? Presumably Southern Kings are doing really well under him?

To be fair the Kings did better then the lions with worse players and to be fair they did well so you cant be to bad. Also the kings played great as a team so that is what edinburgh need

Brendan

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:01 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:You mean any "more" decent signings. Remember we have already snagged the signature of Jack Cuthbert. He's a big player.

Hmm, perhaps not as well as you'd hope, fES.

He's had stints at Ulster and Northampton Saints, so perhaps their fans could offer you some objective analysis?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:03 pm

Objective analysis from Ulster fans?? Seriously!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:05 pm

This strikes me as a 'he's foreign therefore he must be a brilliant coach' situation - no real pedigree but considered over domestic candidates.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:31 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:This strikes me as a 'he's foreign therefore he must be a brilliant coach' situation - no real pedigree but considered over domestic candidates.

Whilst that may be a true, I think its a little unfair to say he has no pedigree. If a Scottish candidate had his experience he would walk into that Edinburgh vacancy with the blessing of most Scotland rugby fans. Imagine a Scottish candidate who has been assistant coach to Mallett and the Springboks during their most successful streak of 17 consecutive wins and being undefeated in the Tri-nations. A Scottish candidate with both NH and Sh experience, super rugby experience etc (not to mention having Director of rugby on his cv as well as being a consultant to the IRB!) would be a candidate that would already have the job. In fact, lets face it, if he existed that guy would be Scotland coach by now Shocked .

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 6:41 pm

So still no coach, but the Edinburgh players have been busy perfecting their Huckleberry Finn impersonations...
http://twitter.com/EdinburghRugby/status/359366113110417409/photo/1

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:12 pm

If there isnt a head coach in place by the start of the season, it is utterly farcical. How can they expect to charge £25 a ticket when the season is a write off before its even begun? I can accept a season or two of building, but were not even going to get that. It will be a season of limbo. How are we expected to start recovering when we dont even have a coach? No other top flight club in the world would sack their coach and still not have a replacement lined up 6 months later. Its going to further ruin the careers of some of our youngsters aswell through no clear development.

I dont ever want to hear the line that Edinburgh get favoured by the SRU anymore, because this debacle and indeed the past couple of years have put that conspiracy to bed.

Between this and the Cotter blunder, how can they get things just so wrong?
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:33 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:
George Carlin wrote:CS - we have long suspected that Bennett is in fact FES' secret son, and that FES' hostility comes from the fact that Bennett refuses to listen to his father, drink Pimms, wear red chinos or play on the east coast.

I have heard no denials from Solomon's camp so can we assume that it's him in Edinburgh's managerial hotseat until we hear otherwise?

Bloody hell, I don't think that I've ever seen the boards this quiet.

I am considering starting a thread where we post Googled pictures to reflect our own private estimation of what Scottish 606v2 posters look like in 'real life', based on their general demeanor and persona on these boards. Would people be offended by that or take it in the good humour in which it was meants? I wouldn't dare do it for non-Scottish posters because a sense of humour is by no means guaranteed.

Is this C21st and his missus?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+krankies&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NxbtUb--IOb07Abt64GYBw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=731#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=XVVBJxrAKdMuYM%3A%3BWx_qUGwmEVzNNM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fnews.bbcimg.co.uk%252Fmedia%252Fimages%252F57410000%252Fjpg%252F_57410048_002526885-1.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.bbc.co.uk%252Fnews%252Fuk-scotland-glasgow-west-16244795%3B640%3B360

Tattie - wtf are you on ya dobber - anyone knows that those photos (Krankies) are of Milliband and Lamont having one of their super, socialist style love ins.   Mrs Schiz is feckin furious too.   She styles herself more as a cross between Sister Wendy and Bridget Neilsen.  

Jimbo/Ianbru - you guys are seriously mental too if you have started drinking that appalling French confection.  Whats wrong with a few pints of heavy and a few pints of Ginger Grouse as a cheeky wee chaser ya bams  Ale

Last edited by 21st Century Schizoid Man on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:41 pm

And in any case this was our last outing post match at Firhill a few seasons ago :- https://media.photobucket.com/user/slipofthetongue/media/Couples/N-Z/Zoro%20Nami/o2-062.jpg.html?filters[term]=Drunk%20couples&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=18

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Mon 22 Jul 2013, 8:10 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:The HK fixtures have been released:

Round 1

Edinburgh V Munster – Sat 12/10 13:35 Sky
Toulon V Glasgow  - Sun 13/10 16:00 France 2

Round 2

Perpignan V Edinburgh – Sun 20/10 13:35 Canal +
Glasgow V Chiefs – Sun 20/10 14:00

Round 3

Edinburgh V Gloucester Sun 08/12 13:00
Blues V Glasgow Fri 06/12 Sky 20:00

Round 4

Gloucester V Edinburgh Sun 15/12 15:00 Sky
Glasgow V Blues Fri 13/12 Sky

Looks like I’ll have to get used to watching Sunday rugby for Edinburgh then!

Not a bad start for Edinburgh – if we can somehow manage to beat Munster at home it should set us up in good stead to be competitive in France then hopefully beat Gloucester at home.

Glasgow are getting the difficult game out the way first, but is also a shame as the chances of an early win are small.  Can see Glasgow winning the next 3 games on the trot though setting them up nicely for the last 2 games.

Hm Languedoc in mid October, worth thinking about.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:13 pm

Someone is making a complete James Hunt of us here. Are there no coaches better than Solomons and Cotter who are available this side of Halleys Comet's next arrival?
At least scientists have proven that the God Particle exists which is more than the SRU have done for Edinburgh and Scotland's coaches
Agree with IBD - how can you expect fans and sponsors to put their hand in thir pocket when they don't know what the final product looks like?

Last edited by InjuredYetAgain on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I need a PA)

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigS1874 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:42 pm

not watched much super 15 this year however i don't think kings defense was great. is it possible for Edinburghs defense to get worse ?

and for folk thinking what i am like in real life i am not a fat tighthead who could not scrumsge yet got numerous caps for Scotland...that is Craig smith !

CraigS1874

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:49 pm

Craig Smith used me as a speed bump in a cup tie against Berwick a few years ago. He played number 8, picked the ball up at the back of the scrum and headed up field. I broke off the side of the scrum, lined him up .............. and got wiped out by him. He was chuffing huge and should have earned more caps.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by CraigS1874 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:53 pm

yeah i agree good ball carrier but i do think he struggled in the scrums. i think he is still playing in France is he not ?

CraigS1874

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 22 Jul 2013, 9:58 pm

He was at Racing Metro but I think moved to the second tier over there. I don't know where he is now, though.
He wasn't the best scrummager (as I said, I played against him a good few times in league and cup and he always played back row so I guess he was converted quite late on relatively speaking) but was very good in the loose

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:10 pm

I expect Mark Bennett has travelled down to London in order to give his holy blessing to the new baby

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Mon 22 Jul 2013, 10:12 pm

Did he not sire it in the first place?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 23 Jul 2013, 7:21 am

We haven't put the messiah out to stud already have we?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:11 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:GC - John Plumtree of the Sharks was given the sack wasn't he? Probably would have preferred him but can't see him being interested in Edinburgh.
You're right, that was Plumtree and not Solomons. Am stoopid.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:17 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:And in any case this was our last outing post match at Firhill a few seasons ago :- https://media.photobucket.com/user/slipofthetongue/media/Couples/N-Z/Zoro%20Nami/o2-062.jpg.html?filters[term]=Drunk%20couples&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=18
Sake will do that to you.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:49 am

George Carlin wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:And in any case this was our last outing post match at Firhill a few seasons ago :- https://media.photobucket.com/user/slipofthetongue/media/Couples/N-Z/Zoro%20Nami/o2-062.jpg.html?filters[term]=Drunk%20couples&filters[primary]=images&filters[secondary]=videos&sort=1&o=18
Sake will do that to you.
I can see Sister Wendy Neilsen in the photie and her toy boy, but where is Schiz? Is he holding the camera?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 23 Jul 2013, 8:54 am

From the Hootsman:

EDINBURGH now know the look of their RaboDirect PRO12 and Heineken Cup season, with Munster the first European Cup opposition at Murrayfield in October, but they still appear no nearer to knowing who will coach the team.

The squad is into its eighth week of pre-season training under Stevie Scott, the former Scotland hooker and national assistant coach who took the helm after the sacking of Michael Bradley last season. The SRU Chief Executive Mark Dodson revealed in February that the Edinburgh coaching team was to be removed, but bizarrely insisted that Bradley and Neil Back would remain until the end of the season, while defence coach Billy McGinty quit there and then – only to then change his mind just three weeks later and dismiss the former Ireland scrum-half and England flanker.

Scott and Duncan Hodge, who was also working with Scotland as an assistant coach, were put in charge at the end of the RBS Six Nations, but Hodge rejoined Scotland on tour at the end of the season.

Dodson and Dominic McKay, the union’s director of communications, public affairs, marketing and sponsorship, flew to South Africa with the Scotland squad for the summer tour and, while there, revealed that they were interviewing prospective candidates for the Edinburgh post. Former All Blacks and England coach John Mitchell – who was, ironically, brought in at Sale briefly last season after Scott was sacked – is the latest The Scotsman believes to have thrown his hat in the ring. However, the only coach known to have been spoken to by Dodson and McKay is Alan Solomons, the successful former South Africa assistant and Ulster head coach. He is 
director of rugby at the new Super Rugby province, the Southern Kings, but their season ended ten days ago and still there is no word of whether he has agreed to take up the reins.

Edinburgh’s new managing director David Davies declined The Scotsman’s request for an interview yesterday, but the club issued these comments on his behalf: “We’re well aware that fans eagerly await the confirmation of our coaching team. It is on top of their agenda, as it is our own. We appreciate that this is taking more time than we and our fans would have liked but, having just cleared out an unsuccessful coaching team, it’s imperative that we get the next appointments right.

“We’re very fortunate to have an experienced and exceptionally committed interim head coach in Stevie Scott. He’s extremely passionate about the club and, as well as winning three from five at the end of the season, has done a huge amount of work to help us prepare for the season ahead.

“His presence and understanding has, to a degree, afforded us extra time to complete a thorough search for the right coaches who can take this club forward and we hope to confirm the new coaching team in the coming weeks.”

Edinburgh will today confirm a club venue for their home pre-season friendly, against Newcastle, but the lack of any clear time-frame for an announcement only fuels speculation that the SRU have not won agreement from any targeted individual less than four weeks from the opening friendly at Northampton.

With promising Scotland under-20s coach Simon Cross the latest Scottish coach to leave the country due to a lack of pro opportunities here, there was no word either on whether Scott has been assured of a role in the new coaching team or if his future will depend on the wishes of the new head coach, which would again leave the possibility of no Scottish coaches being involved with the capital club.

picard

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:07 am

Oh jeebus, John Mitchell! Shocked 

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:17 am

So Steve Scott is "passionate"? Why didn't you say so before?

What could possibly go wrong, in that case?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:29 am

This situation at Edinburgh has become dire and the search for the new head honcho looks to be spiraling out of control.

Who knows we might see Bradley or Moffat back.

A shambles picard 
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:45 am

At least they’ve acknowledged that the fans are impatient to hear news on a new coach. My social media campaign has obviously been heard!

What is worrying is that in their statement there was no mention of ‘finalising terms’ or ‘confirming details’ with a new coach etc – it sounds like they haven’t a scooby who it is going to be!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:54 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:At least they’ve acknowledged that the fans are impatient to hear news on a new coach.  My social media campaign has obviously been heard!

What is worrying is that in their statement there was no mention of ‘finalising terms’ or ‘confirming details’ with a new coach etc – it sounds like they haven’t a scooby who it is going to be!
You know, Graeme Morrison is at somewhat of a loose end at the moment. Grit, guts, defensive know how, in your face attitude. But he probably wouldn't look good in maroon corduroys and silver lame troubadour shirt.
Shows what a state the SRU are when I jokingly nominate a recently retired player with feck all coaching experience and the voice in my head says , " Well who have they actually got lined up to take them into the season who is any better?"

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:56 am

If they cannot get an international coach with a track record of winning, I would really much rather they went with a home grown coach like Kenny Murray or John Dalziel. At least these guys have a knowledge of the local game. Rather a home grown unknown quantity than one from overseas.

Oh god, I'm starting to sound like an episode of League of Gentlemen.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:57 am

Who knows, there may be a counter offer on the table for Solomons that Edinburgh are trying to manage. I wonder if the relegation/promotion result is the deciding factor. Pure speculation on my part, but if Super rugby is guaranteed for the Southern Kings next year he may opt to stay at the helm, whereas if they lose to the Lions and get relegated he may think his career is better served at Edinburgh.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 23 Jul 2013, 9:58 am

4 months since Bradley actually left Edinburgh, and we knew he was on his way out 3 weeks prior when it was announced he would be going.  So being kind, the SRU have known for at least 5 months that we’re going to need a new head coach!

I get that we can’t announce a new coach whilst they are still in a job elsewhere *cough Cotter cough* but we don’t even seem to be in a place to say that we’re that far down the line.   What have the SRU been doing?

picard

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next