The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Ireland and Brazil v England

+16
Steffan
Ent
Nakatomi Plaza
Dolphin Ziggler
Mat
dummy_half
LeinsterFan4life
Crimey
GSC
Thomond
westisbest
Good Golly I'm Olly
mystiroakey
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Duty281
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

England v Ireland and Brazil v England - Page 3 Empty England v Ireland and Brazil v England

Post by Duty281 Wed 29 May 2013, 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

The regular season might be over, but Roy Hodgson's England have two friendlies to negotiate before they can put their feet up for the summer. Tonight, England host Ireland in the first game between the sides since the abandonment of 1995 sparked by crowd trouble. Then on Sunday, England make the long trip to Brazil to sample the conditions and atmosphere ahead of next summer's carnival.

Player-wise, Steven Gerrard (shoulder), Andy Carroll (heel), Jack Wilshere (ankle), Tom Cleverley (calf) and Kyle Walker all miss out for England tonight. Ashley Cole, England's only consistent world-class player over the last decade, will captain his country against Ireland. Predictions:

England 2-0 Ireland
Brazil 1-3 England

Last edited by Duty281 on Fri 31 May 2013, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted prediction)

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

England v Ireland and Brazil v England - Page 3 Empty Re: England v Ireland and Brazil v England

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 May 2013, 10:15 pm

You would never get this problem in England #Fact

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

England v Ireland and Brazil v England - Page 3 Empty Re: England v Ireland and Brazil v England

Post by Duty281 Thu 30 May 2013, 10:23 pm

We are the English, and the English are the best at everything. #fact

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 May 2013, 11:09 pm

WE INVITED FOOTBALL AND WE GAVE IT TO THE WORLD, WELL ROY IS GOING TO GO OUT THERE AND HE IS GOING TO BRING IT BACK

(If you have seen a certain movie you will get this)

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 30 May 2013, 11:13 pm

England will be playing four four fu**ing two.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 May 2013, 11:15 pm

haha love it!

Benson and Hedges need to be given the call up.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 30 May 2013, 11:17 pm

I literally just watched that film (surprisingly for the first time) and I kept saying how much I wished Hodgson spoke like that. The team talk especially.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 30 May 2013, 11:31 pm

Have you seen the series after?

When he is the manager of league 2 side Wirrel County?

ITS LOL

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 May 2013, 11:58 pm

I love how the game's been called off (for now), having made us fly over there. Jolly on the beach anyone? England v Ireland and Brazil v England - Page 3 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2013, 5:12 am

Sounds like its on for Sunday now. I'll be in Bulgaria, hope I can find somewhere to watch it. Rooney is still England's key man and looked a class above the rest on Wednesday.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 31 May 2013, 8:31 am

The world cup and Olympics are soon to be held there!!

Whats going on!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 9:18 am

chris.wilkerson13 wrote:Sounds like its on for Sunday now. I'll be in Bulgaria, hope I can find somewhere to watch it. Rooney is still England's key man and looked a class above the rest on Wednesday.
First off, enjoy Bulgaria, I love it over there.

Second, Rooney looked dreadful for nearly the entire game. England's best player - God help me - was Carrick imo. Rooney just doesn't look fit or interested these days, either for United or for England. Maybe he needs an extra £100k a week to convince him to make an effort?

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 31 May 2013, 9:58 am

Not sure why Rooney's getting a lot of criticism, for me he was our best player on Wednesday. Only one that looked interested and passed the ball well.

Game back on now I see. I suppose the only alternative was 5 a side beach soccer!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 May 2013, 1:26 pm

Ta Azzy, set for rain apparently so the promised 'satellite' TV best be good!

He looked a tad rusty but his brain is still 50 times sharper than any other attacking player. Possibly an indictment on Walcott and the Ox.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 31 May 2013, 1:28 pm

Game on.

Brazil 4-0 England my prediction.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 31 May 2013, 1:35 pm

England 4-2 Brazil mine

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 May 2013, 1:39 pm

Brazil 2-0 England. Only because Brazil won't be playing their best side either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 31 May 2013, 3:39 pm

Just about a perfect Sunday isn't it? Lie-in, roast dinner, Yorkshire Pudding, Cricket on the telly in the afternoon, then a nice relaxing game of football in the evening. Am I missing anything?

Oh yeah. An England win against Brazil. And England will win.

Brazil 1-3 England

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 31 May 2013, 5:32 pm

6/1 England for the win on betfair!!

Remember its a neutral ground...

BIG good value Odds..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 01 Jun 2013, 2:42 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/england-football-team-theo-walcott-1925015

Only 14 fit players for England apparently! Theo Walcott may get his wish to play as a centre-forward for England which, judging by his crossing ability, is probably his best position.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 01 Jun 2013, 2:50 pm

Wes Hoolahan starts for Ireland tomorrow! Trap has seen the light!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 01 Jun 2013, 2:58 pm

Hodgson obviously more likely to start Rooney as the centre forward and Walcott out wide.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 01 Jun 2013, 3:18 pm

The only way Walcott should play through the middle is if England/Arsenal play two up top. He's a decent finisher, but against better opposition he got found out, as he doesn't possess the upper body strength to play with his back to goal.

I don't think his crossing is as bad as some people make out. He got double figures for both goals and assists in the league last season. Only Suarez, Bale and Van Persie were directly involved in more goals.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:00 am

Be funny if Neymar scores a hat-trick, wonder what the general response will be from his critics. I see comparisons to ibrahimovic and peoples ridiculous assumptions that he was overated, until he taught us a lesson in Stockholm. One things for sure if neymar plays poorly then you do wonder whether or not barca have made a big mistake, I really hope he does play well and that's its a good game.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Jun 2013, 11:19 am

Not really sure what your talking about john but ok!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Jun 2013, 2:28 pm

Hoolahan does start for Ireland today, but it seems he will be playing CM. Not really sure why, he's most definately a CAM, and struggles when played in the CM especially when alongside someone who isn't particularly defensive minded (McCarthy today)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 4:40 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Not really sure what your talking about john but ok!

Just waiting for neymar to produce and then the idiots labelling him a YouTube great but in reality **** to go quiet. Was not really making any point, just irritates me people labelling players ****, when they've never even seen them play.

Expecting roys negative tactics and a party for brazil. Load of rubbish from Roy post match about `positives` but in reality we`re going nowhere fast.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:34 pm

Ireland playing in black. Standard
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:56 pm

Georgia keeper sent off.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Jun 2013, 6:39 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
SKY SOURCES: ENGLAND TEAM TO PLAY BRAZIL: Hart, Johnson, Cahill, Jagielka, Baines, Jones, Lampard, Carrick, Milner, Walcott, Rooney

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Jun 2013, 6:41 pm

Ireland 2-0 up

Wessi with a lovely ball for that goal
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 02 Jun 2013, 6:44 pm

England side's in. Milner, Jones and Baines come into the starting XI replacing Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sturridge and Cole. According to Sky Jones will do a man to man marking job on Neymar, and Walcott will start up front.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Jun 2013, 6:51 pm

If Shane Long could finish Ireland would be well ahead here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:16 pm

Looking at the team surely it's going to be Walcott on the right, Milner left and lampard pushing on I support Rooney?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:17 pm

So whats the score gonna be tonight then fella? How many are England gonna win by

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:20 pm

Ent wrote:Looking at the team surely it's going to be Walcott on the right, Milner left and lampard pushing on I support Rooney?

I'd rather that. I'm just going on what Sky Sports said. Jones going man to man does make sense, as he did a good job on Ronaldo at the Bernabeu, but if Sky are correct England look unbalanced on paper.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:24 pm

Steffan wrote:So whats the score gonna be tonight then fella? How many are England gonna win by

You ran away after Froch started winning, nice to see you back. I guess you like Brazil's colours as well?

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:41 pm

Dunno why itv are gushing over that brazil team, it doesn't look that great to me.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:55 pm

Adrian Chiles's backpack on the seat next to him Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:56 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Steffan wrote:So whats the score gonna be tonight then fella? How many are England gonna win by

You ran away after Froch started winning, nice to see you back. I guess you like Brazil's colours as well?
Yeah I do. Bet you hated that Lions match yesterday Yahoo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:57 pm

Predos?

Going for 1-1

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Jun 2013, 7:59 pm

I'm going 1-0 England. Proper old school defensive performance
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:03 pm

2-1 Brazil.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:04 pm

Would like to see Walcott playing up front with Rooney in behind but fear we have moved from 4-4-2 to the even more defensive/ boring 4-5-1.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:04 pm

Jeas i took the 6/1 thinking we were playing in bulgaria..

Its a bit of a tougher proposition in RIO!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:05 pm

This picture is shocking...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:06 pm

sportsville wrote:Would like to see Walcott playing up front with Rooney in behind but fear we have moved from 4-4-2 to the even more defensive/ boring 4-5-1.

Who would play wide in that formation...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:07 pm

Ent wrote:This picture is shocking...

I thought it was my tv. The coloured ball doesn't help either.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:08 pm

Interested to see Neymar play. I have see him a few times in the Olympics and friendlies in this country and not been too impressed.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:11 pm

Pitch looks a bit ropey too, balls bouncing a bit strangely.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 02 Jun 2013, 8:11 pm

Ent wrote:
sportsville wrote:Would like to see Walcott playing up front with Rooney in behind but fear we have moved from 4-4-2 to the even more defensive/ boring 4-5-1.

Who would play wide in that formation...
They could have played Milner right and kept Oxlade-Chamberlain on the other side.

Walcott ends up playing too deep for England. He would be better playing of the shoulders of their centre backs.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next