The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Ireland and Brazil v England

+16
Steffan
Ent
Nakatomi Plaza
Dolphin Ziggler
Mat
dummy_half
LeinsterFan4life
Crimey
GSC
Thomond
westisbest
Good Golly I'm Olly
mystiroakey
VDT
NickisBHAFC
Duty281
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

England v Ireland and Brazil v England - Page 5 Empty England v Ireland and Brazil v England

Post by Duty281 Wed May 29, 2013 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

The regular season might be over, but Roy Hodgson's England have two friendlies to negotiate before they can put their feet up for the summer. Tonight, England host Ireland in the first game between the sides since the abandonment of 1995 sparked by crowd trouble. Then on Sunday, England make the long trip to Brazil to sample the conditions and atmosphere ahead of next summer's carnival.

Player-wise, Steven Gerrard (shoulder), Andy Carroll (heel), Jack Wilshere (ankle), Tom Cleverley (calf) and Kyle Walker all miss out for England tonight. Ashley Cole, England's only consistent world-class player over the last decade, will captain his country against Ireland. Predictions:

England 2-0 Ireland
Brazil 1-3 England

Last edited by Duty281 on Fri May 31, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted prediction)

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

England v Ireland and Brazil v England - Page 5 Empty Re: England v Ireland and Brazil v England

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:42 pm

not sure mate- but we will see after the game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

England v Ireland and Brazil v England - Page 5 Empty Re: England v Ireland and Brazil v England

Post by Steffan Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Oh dear. We are never gonna hear the last of this if they win it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm

ffs

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm

It was fun while it lasted I suppose.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Some belting goals!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees Yahoo

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm

Best goal of the night there.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm

haha you have your brazil flag out Steffan!!

didnt notice,.,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Ent wrote:Best goal of the night there.

defelcted cross. Ox's was the best build up

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 pm

FFS. Could of done with that 50 bluddy quid.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Great finish. In fact 3/4 goal tonight have been excellent.

I never thought I'd say it, but England don't look nearly as lid at the back without Terry and Ferdinand. Jagielka and Cahill seem unable to deal with any ball behind them, past them, or to follow up any shots on goal. Pretty dreadful performance from them.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 pm

you backed em and all..

Its ok not over yet- and i backed 4-2 england at 500/1!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:46 pm

Oi, don't take our "Just like watching Brazil" chant.

It's arr sang!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

Nah ball bounced off Rooney for that one two, can beat a volley like that with the ball coming across you- superb technique.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm

The USA have beaten Germany (minus a few Bayern players) 4-3.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm

Terry and Ferdinand were both world class in their day. Jags is merely a good to very good player and I've never bought the Cahill hype
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Dawson is a player i have always wanted at center back.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm

FreekShow wrote:The USA have beaten Germany (minus a few Bayern players) 4-3.

darn backed the draw

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:49 pm

Dawson is an honest plodder. Nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Ent wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

Nah ball bounced off Rooney for that one two, can beat a volley like that with the ball coming across you- superb technique.

we shall see.

Why no replays today!! crazy!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 pm

Good result, if a bit lucky.

England seemed better after Johnson came off,he was sitting too deep and not allowing the defense to push up as a unit.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:56 pm

A better second half perfomance by England

Im sure the press will do headlines tomorrow like 'Brave in Brazil' and if England keep on like this they will win the world cup next year etc

An enjoyable game either way though fellas despite the disappointing result

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Eddie Stobbart Trucking Songs. WTF!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Good result in the end, much improved 2nd half!

Need Wilshere to get fit and keep fit. If he does we become so much better
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm

2 games vs Brazil unbeaten now, with 4 goals scored. Not too shabby
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:57 pm

FreekShow wrote:Eddie Stobbart Trucking Songs. WTF!
Yeah I seen that. Practically every song they advertised I hate Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:58 pm

FreekShow wrote:Eddie Stobbart Trucking Songs. WTF!

Was wondering what was going on there.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 pm

2-2 draw with Brazil is decent.

If your unhappy with that, then your an idiot who sets ridiculous expectations.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Yep good game in the end- First half shocking- second half very good goals and entertainment

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 pm

6 fingered tractor boy wrote:2 games vs Brazil unbeaten now, with 4 goals scored. Not too shabby

3 isnt it? Drew 1-1 in the first Wembley game.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 pm

ent that was not deflected by rooney!!

quality goal. Take it back!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm sure Hodgson would have been wondering about the point and purpose of these friendlies tacked on at the end of the season. Still, there were some good positives found in the second half for a patchwork England side after a terrible first half display. Terrific finish by Wazza. Oxlade did very well off the bench. Theo would be an amazing footballer if he could pass. Lampard held the centre of the park together. The defence was a bit hit-and-miss, especially Johnson.

Overall, well done England. clap

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 pm

GSC wrote:
6 fingered tractor boy wrote:2 games vs Brazil unbeaten now, with 4 goals scored. Not too shabby

3 isnt it? Drew 1-1 in the first Wembley game.

We won 2-1 at Wembley. Rooney and Super Frank scored!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

In the first game at Wembley, Terry scored and Brazil equallised in injury time as I recall Olly.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:02 pm

USA beat Germany 4-3. Wonder if the Germany media will explode like ours would!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:03 pm

GSC wrote:In the first game at Wembley, Terry scored and Brazil equallised in injury time as I recall Olly.

The one in Feb this year? We won 2-1.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:05 pm

mystiroakey wrote:ent that was not deflected by rooney!!

quality goal. Take it back!!

It takes a big deflection, the ball changes trajectory...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:08 pm

6 fingered tractor boy wrote:
GSC wrote:In the first game at Wembley, Terry scored and Brazil equallised in injury time as I recall Olly.

No Olly, the first England game at the new Wembley as memory served. I referenced the win last year in this topic already
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 pm

GSC wrote:
6 fingered tractor boy wrote:

No Olly, the first England game at the new Wembley as memory served. I referenced the win last year in this topic already

My mind doesn't stretch back that far!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Joe harts a bit of a knob isn't he;

"The ox smashed it up"
"Some spinaroonie on that one"

Muppet.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Yeah i went to that game England v Ireland and Brazil v England - Page 5 3559488474

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:24 pm

Actually yes It was a deflection on 3rd viewing I saw it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:47 pm

It was a huge deflection, the shot was going straight at Cesar.

The first goal was a superb finish, pretty good ,exciting game. This is not a very good Brazil side though, if you think 6 or 7 years ago they had Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Kaka, Cafu, Juninho, prime Cesar etc who were all among the very best in the world now the only player whose genuinely world class in his position is Thiago Silva. I don't think they will get past the quarters next year.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:13 am

A pretty weak England side dug in well and showed flashes of quality. Hart played very well and I think Johnson defended well but the centre backs are worrying. I'd be bringing Gerrard in for Lampard and Wilshere where Jones was and move Jones to centre back. I don't think Jagielka is good enough nor will he get better whilst Cahill has improved.

Not sure about the attack. Rooney is clearly the class player of all our options but where does he fit best? Would loved to have seen Big Andy in there bullying some space. Walcott is still short of a few brain cells and Milner isn't enough of a threat going forward to play as one of a front three. Shame Young has had a bad year with fitness cos I like how he plays with Rooney.

Overall that's positive. Go away to a huge occasion very limited in numbers and come back looking decent if lucky to draw.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:32 am

Annoyed they got the late goal to draw. BUt yep a good second half. from England and puts a positive on things.

Brazil are not a great great team any more.. They are closer to Englands level than the top top teams.

Naymer did show he was a class above the rest though, and same goes for Rooney .

A note on walcot. He did run rings around the opposition. He just had a bad day on the ball. He isnt usually that bad. I think we should stick on him.

"Not sure about the attack. Rooney is clearly the class player of all our options but where does he fit best? Would loved to have seen Big Andy in there bullying some space. Walcott is still short of a few brain cells and Milner isn't enough of a threat going forward to play as one of a front three. Shame Young has had a bad year with fitness cos I like how he plays with Rooney. "

Rooney should lead the line. Zaha will be a forward option soon- who truely has it all and some!!. Wilshire(TOUCH WOOD) off course needs to be in the middle , and that will allow rooney to play higher up the pitch as he wont be needed to keep things ticking in midield anymore!.

BTW I thought Rooney had a completly free role last night..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:10 am

Wilshere is a big key in the team for me, I don't support Arsenal but an injury free year for him would be one of my main wishes of this season. I think I prefer Rooney leading the line too, as long as the wingers have the desire to move in behind when he drops, which theo definitely has. Lennon's lack of desire or instinct to do this is one thing that holds him back. Zaha in a year or two I think will be the other one of the three but he is too raw just yet for me.

Certainly a lot of 'wingers' eager for that top three. Walcott Ox Lennon Young Zaha Milner with Sterling Downing Jarvis Cleverley Welbeck Sturridge also options to play there. Sinclair Johnson Lallana and more could all throw their hat in with very good seasons.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:14 am

Wilshere is the key really I agree.

If he plays he can push up behind Rooney in attack, and he'll be able to keep possession for us a lot better.

Jones should play at RB for me. Johnson/Walker are good attacking FB's, but they're a liability defensively
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 am

It's got to be Gerrard, Carrick & Wilshere in the middle three. Lampard just plods along at this level and you could see the heat got to him, struggled in the whole game with just simple passing. Milner is basically guaranteed to start because Roy's negative tactics are dependent upon Milner basically defending for 75% of the match. Walcott was dreadful last night, touch and passing was awful, basically runs and runs and loses it at this level against top players.

It's an OK result, nothing spectacular. England have always done well against better teams and then we face minnows in qualification games and it goes to pot. Brazil are nothing special anymore and their previous results show that. I think we were more scared of the name & reputation of Brazil rather than the actual players they currently have, hence us being so negative in the first half. I think it going to be a struggle to win this group if Montenegro beat Ukraine, possibly a play-off route is more likely playing like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:14 am

Well the qualification is still in our hands.. I think the lads will step up and that we are still favs to top it..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5