The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you least like to be smashed by?

+9
nathan
Bathman_in_London
GunsGerms
BamBam
R!skysports
stnick88
thebluesmancometh
Ulster12
13 posters

Go down

Who would you least like to be smashed by? Empty Who would you least like to be smashed by?

Post by Ulster12 Wed 29 May 2013, 11:35 am

Top 3

1. Jerry Collins
2. Henry Tuilagi
3. Stevie Ferris

Also top 3 who would you least like to try and stop at full flight?

1. Sean O'Brien
2. Alesana Tuilagi
3. Chris Masoe

Ulster12

Back to top Go down

Who would you least like to be smashed by? Empty Re: Who would you least like to be smashed by?

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 11:47 am

Are we still talking rugby???

Not sure why SOB or Tuilagi is at the top of your takedown list, 1/2p, Lydiate and Warbs manages him quite comfortable, with no legs you don't get anywhere.

Top of my list would be Picamoles, Fofana, and Ioane who's footwork is far superior and laying a hand on them is tough enough, let alone dragging them down!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Who would you least like to be smashed by? Empty Re: Who would you least like to be smashed by?

Post by stnick88 Wed 29 May 2013, 11:59 am

Chris Hala'ufia

To stop...Alesana Tuilagi.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 29 May 2013, 11:59 am

Jason White (in his plumb)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 29 May 2013, 12:06 pm

Yes, after all Lydiate and Warburton are rugby gods who could knock a meteor backwards, so what chance do mere mortals such as SOB and Tuilagi have?

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed 29 May 2013, 12:11 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHtdaH--zYo

Agen's Opeti Fanou is probably the guy I'd least like to tackle based on what he did to Wilko above.

Ferris and Bakkies are absolute wrecking balls around the ruck so I'd like to stay away from them.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulster12 Wed 29 May 2013, 12:13 pm

True enough,guys with great feet are just as much of a threat as hard ball carriers.

I just was thinking that stopping those guys head on time and time again wouldn't be anyone's idea of a fun day on the rugby pitch!!! Wasn't really talking about what has more of an impact on the game.

Jason white is a great shout, massive hitter in his day.

Ulster12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Wed 29 May 2013, 12:15 pm

Pretty much anyone of Samoan extraction. Brian Lima in his prime is worth a mention.

Not sure how I'd do against Os Du Randt in full flight, probably a case of just grab hold of a leg and wait for help to arrive!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Wed 29 May 2013, 12:15 pm

The Tuilagis - any of them. Jason white as well and Ronan O'Gara

Back to top Go down

Post by Ulster12 Wed 29 May 2013, 12:17 pm

Just when u mention Os Du Randt,I'm sure Scott Gibbs would be top of his hard to stop list!!

Ulster12

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed 29 May 2013, 1:31 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:Are we still talking rugby???

Not sure why SOB or Tuilagi is at the top of your takedown list, 1/2p, Lydiate and Warbs manages him quite comfortable, with no legs you don't get anywhere.

Top of my list would be Picamoles, Fofana, and Ioane who's footwork is far superior and laying a hand on them is tough enough, let alone dragging them down!

you do know he no longer plays in the UK?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 29 May 2013, 1:39 pm

Motu Matu'u of the Hurricanes has put in two or thre of the best hits in recent memory.

http://www.superxv.com/video/motu-matuus-big-hits-on-gerrard-mitchell-super-rugby-video/motu-matuus-big-hits-on-gerrard-mitchell-super-rugby-video-video_82b1a0858.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X_ldFXRcN8

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 29 May 2013, 1:44 pm

Brock James back in the day because every tackle was actually a near deadly clothesline.

Wouldn't want to have to tackle any of the Tuilangi's, fast big and big hand offs.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Wed 29 May 2013, 1:57 pm

nathan wrote:
thebluesmancometh wrote:Are we still talking rugby???

you do know he no longer plays in the UK?

Who? SOB or Tuilagi? I think they do! If your talking about Lydiate then he hasn't moved to France yet, saw him the other day just before lions meet. But my point is SOB and Tuilagi are contained by a lot of players today.

As a lock I suppose the bullocking big boys don't really worry me as much as the guys with quick feet, the odd big ball carrier could get past but it'd be a difficult job for them, I have however been felled and sat down by guys who have danced around me without laying a hand on them, and become immensely embarassed!!!

If I had to choose a bullocking lump who I'd least want to make contact with it would probably be Picamoles, you could line him up and look to win the contact all you like but he'd change direction and pile through the opposing shoulder you were using or your head, watch how Tuilagi bowled over the SA centres last season, they had both got in decent positions but he hit them in a way they weren't expecting, but then he seems to have reverted since then sadly.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by t1000advancedprototype Wed 29 May 2013, 2:03 pm

There's only one option that produces genuine fear..

Brian Lima.

t1000advancedprototype

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Wed 29 May 2013, 2:06 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:
nathan wrote:you do know he no longer plays in the UK?

Who? SOB or Tuilagi? I think they do!
Blues, I think you have the wrong Tuilagi in mind.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down