The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

beer money *spoiler*

+8
Lex-Express
Sarsippius
Kay Fabe
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Bull
David Tails
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
12 posters

Go down

beer money *spoiler* Empty beer money *spoiler*

Post by Fernando Sat 07 May 2011, 4:33 pm

it appears some time in the near future they shall be split with storm reforming america's most wanted with chris harris and robert roode heading into singles action.

http://nodq.com/tna/306785971.shtml

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

beer money *spoiler* Empty Re: beer money *spoiler*

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 07 May 2011, 4:38 pm

Robert Roode for world champion!!

Does this mean that Storm is going to turn on 4tune and align with Immortal? I really hope there isn't a nasty screw job at Sacrifice.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 07 May 2011, 4:40 pm

Also;

what is this about?

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/spoiler-hulk-hogan-comments-on-tna-changes-129355

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Sat 07 May 2011, 4:43 pm

They are now calling themselves Impact Wrestling...not TNA.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sat 07 May 2011, 4:46 pm

🤦

Someone asked Vince a question saying if he would buy TN... Impact Wrestling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIuTqp20Vcc

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 07 May 2011, 4:58 pm

Why would they change the name though? Something going on backstage?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 07 May 2011, 5:08 pm

To be fair... Total Non-Stop Action is probably the worst name for anything ever. Its like one of those crabby DVD's of car crashes you see on sale in Wilkinson's for a quid, next to the cartoons you've never heard of.

I've always thought that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 07 May 2011, 5:10 pm

I've been hoping for ages that Roode would break out on his own, He has done all he can with Beer Money, Roode has to be the #1 heel in TNA, he should lead Immortal

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 07 May 2011, 5:16 pm

Yeah TNA is a terrible name, when you hear it you think jubblies and Ass, I've always felt it would be better changed to 'Total Championship Wrestling' or 'Global Championship Wrestling' and for me TCW or GCW has a far better ring to it than TNA

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Sat 07 May 2011, 5:24 pm

Completely agree, on both Roode and the name change.

Also, its not as though there is any risk in changing the brand. The product isn't going to get lost on a shelf of two. If anything, a brand change may be a beneficial thing and a little refresher the company needs.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 07 May 2011, 5:28 pm

Like the suggestions you made too what they could change the company name to gaffer. I never did like the name either just seemed out of the blue that was all.

Are we going to see Storm screw 4tune then?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Sat 07 May 2011, 5:29 pm

This Beer Money split should work all round

Roode can try to prove his worth as a singles wrestler, and AMW were apparently a good team in TNA although I started watching just as Storm and Harris were feuding after their split so it will be good to see them compete

Plus the tag team division doesn't lose a team, which it can't really afford right now

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 07 May 2011, 6:07 pm

Roode should have become a top man by now anyway, teaming him with Storm was more for Storms benefit, Beer Money was top notch, great value and did Roode no harm but I just dont think it was needed AMW where just as good if not a wee bit better

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Sun 08 May 2011, 1:49 am

Bobby Roode i.m.o is the best 'home grown' talent Impact wrestling, TNA whatever....has, i can see him headlining as a face or a heel the guy reeks of money!!, they would be stupid not to push him to the heavens

and if TNA wont, then vince should

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 08 May 2011, 11:00 am

The WWE tried to sign him about a year and a half ago when his contract was up and Roode wanted to keep his name and his charcter but the WWE wouldn't play ball so he signed a 5 year deal with TNA

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 08 May 2011, 11:36 am

Man that was nearly two and a half years ago not one in a half feb09 he signed that new deal, time flies

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DrChill Mon 09 May 2011, 3:09 pm

Afternoon guys this is my first post so here we go,

I think its a huge mistake to brake up Beer Money, on recent shows it looks like they may also be braking up Gen Me and Ink Inc. With Steiners heel turn him and Crimson are probably done with so who is left? Young and Jordan?

Also only people who have watched TNA from start are going to know who AMW are and didn't they have to brake up forever anyway.

I agree TNA could do with a brand change but 'Impact Wrestling' is a poor choice, its to similiar to Full Impact Pro.

DrChill

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 09 May 2011, 3:14 pm

DrChill wrote:Also only people who have watched TNA from start are going to know who AMW are and didn't they have to brake up forever anyway.

they going down the wwe route of forgetting the past

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 09 May 2011, 3:18 pm

Welcome to the Board DrChill.

I think its great that Roode has a break out from the tag division - its also good to see that they are reforming AMW - at lest the tag division wont suffer too much.

As for the name change, however much I like TNA, I feel that its only been done to mock WWE dropping Wrestling from their branding.

However, I do like the name, even if Impact Wrestling Championship has the initials IWC. Now havent I seen that somewhere before?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 09 May 2011, 3:19 pm

Hobo wrote:Welcome to the Board DrChill.

I think its great that Roode has a break out from the tag division - its also good to see that they are reforming AMW - at lest the tag division wont suffer too much.

As for the name change, however much I like TNA, I feel that its only been done to mock WWE dropping Wrestling from their branding.

However, I do like the name, even if Impact Wrestling Championship has the initials IWC. Now havent I seen that somewhere before?

Shame it isn't the actual IWC that run it, it would be in much better places right now Wink

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 09 May 2011, 3:27 pm

Holymiky wrote:

Shame it isn't the actual IWC that run it, it would be in much better places right now Wink

And WWE wouldnt?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DrChill Mon 09 May 2011, 3:45 pm

I 100% agree that Roode should be given a push as a singles guy but now isn't the right time. Fortune need a tag team in there ranks and with AJ Styles as the leader of Fortune I cant see were Roode is going fit. which leaves 2 options

1) Get rid of Fourtune, which would be a horrible plan there the most over stable in wrestling imo.

2) Rejig Foutunes Ranks. This could be done but I dont see it improving anything. They would have to make Roode the leader, with Kaz doing his X-Div thing and re-form AJ and Daniels as a tag team which would give us some good tag teams but AJ would be wasted there because once they were done with AMW there would be know one left to work with.

I am a huge TNA mark but they make its so hard sometimes Crying or Very sad If they want to split up a Stable get rid of Immortal its just a bunch of random guys shoved together there only saving grace is Bully Rays Promos

Changing there name too IWC is pretty funny I think there hopeing that the IWC are bit nicer to them lol.

DrChill

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 09 May 2011, 3:50 pm

Could they turn Roode heel and join immortal?

I have to say that I am a TNa mark too but its a mess at the moment with the stables.

I dont think that they would turn Daniels and Styles into a team.

I dont understand why they are splitting up the tag division so badly - there isnt enough airtime as it is, let alone doubling the singles roster! The sooner that Hogan and Bisch go, the better. Keep flair though - his blood runs TNA.....

Sorry Typo, his blood runs.....all the time

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 09 May 2011, 3:54 pm

Hobo wrote:
Holymiky wrote:

And WWE wouldnt?

WWE is and always has been in a credible position, the point was not laid down about WWE, it was about TNA. As it has been bought up, the WWE could be improved in places by some of the IWC input.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 09 May 2011, 3:56 pm

If Roode goes it alone it will be as a heel and as the main guy in Immortal IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 09 May 2011, 3:56 pm

Holymiky wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Holymiky wrote:

And WWE wouldnt?

WWE is and always has been in a credible position, the point was not laid down about WWE, it was about TNA. As it has been bought up, the WWE could be improved in places by some of the IWC input.

Those places being in scriptwriting, feud development, wrestling ability and recruitment?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mort Mon 09 May 2011, 3:57 pm

Could they turn James Storm heel and have AMW as a heel team (for a while before the inevitable face turn)?

not sure how this could work leaving Robert Roode as a face with no partner unless he joins with Daniels for a short fued with AMW before both go their seperate ways.

The tag team division was great not too long ago but with GenMe all but done and MCMG pursuing singles careers, another face team would be needed. perhaps now would be the time to get Haas and Benjamin from ROH.

Mort

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Mon 09 May 2011, 4:00 pm

Hobo wrote:
Holymiky wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Holymiky wrote:

And WWE wouldnt?

Those places being in scriptwriting, feud development, wrestling ability and recruitment?

No, granted there is scriptwriting and sometimes hollywood booking but i enjoy the product at the moment at least, feud development could do with some work, wrestling ability is there within most wrestlers just not used all the time and recruitment is perfect at the moment. Sin Cara, Kong and even John Moxley (I think)??????????

I only ever see TNA following WWE, sorry Hobo, but it's true and i would like to see them succeed but at the rate they are going then i don't know...

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down