The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randy Orton interview

2 posters

Go down

Randy Orton interview Empty Randy Orton interview

Post by Sara Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:05 pm

This is an interview Randy did on the radio the other, just some highlights that amused me.

On how gimmicks or catchphrases happen, do they just catch on randomly or planned: "It’s one of those things where they’re trying, there is a creative team and you know I’m my own brand so I’m always thinking. A lot of the time, things like that come out of nowhere. Like you just stumble on to something. Hasn’t really happened with me, but you’ll see it happen. I’m not the stick guy. I can’t go out there like John Cena and cut a babyface promo that makes you want to kill yourself five minutes in, as good as he can. You know what I mean? No offense, John. Obviously he’s very successful so, I don’t know what I am talking about."

Randy tells a funny John Cena story: "I tagged with him, last week or the week before, on a Raw Supershow, or a live event Supershow, both rosters were there. And we’re out there in the ring. And it’s me, Cena, and somebody. Maybe Kofi or Sheamus, against Big Show, Mark Henry, and somebody else, I forget. And Cena says, “Can you do a dropkick tonight?” And I go, uhh, yeah. Can you? And he goes; and we’re in the ring! Like, we’re about to—the bells about to ring. And he’s starting, and he goes, “Alright, I’m gonna tag you in in a second. Let’s do a double drop kick.” Now I’m thinking in my head, “This motherf**cker don’t need to be doing no dropkicks.” That’s what I’m thinking. So he tags me in, ducks a punch from Show, Show turns around. Before I can even step through the ropes, Cena is up in the air dropkicking Show. And I’m like, looking at him, I thought you said a double dropkick? So, next time he calls anything, I’m gonna think twice. Because I ended up jumping up in the air, while Shows already on the ground, and just landing on my head. So it was a double dropkick where he (Cena) went and I then I slip- Oh-Oh-I tried to get—nope. So everyone in the back, I come back and they were like, (clapping) “Great dropkick.” I watched it back, and it looks like I just jumped up in the air as high as I can and then land. Nothing happened; I just jumped up and fell. It was brutal. Thank you, John Cena."

On John Cena’s Five Moves of Doom: "No. Hold on. I only got about four moves. So don’t throw stones, now. But yeah. He shouldn’t be doing dropkicks. Nah, I tell him all the time actually. But, dammit. He tries."

On teaming with Team Hell No and on Daniel Bryan’s presence right now in the WWE: "Yeah he can do some stuff, can’t he? When he blows that comeback, as we say, he gets the people going. You know, he’s got a little, he goes crazy with the Ultimate Warrior thing, it’s like he is always morphing into like Bryan Hogan, instead of Bryan Daniel-or Daniel Bryan, or whatever his name is now. I remember, one time my dad, like I just had a match and I came home and I’m talking about how Bryan Danielson, you know hit me in the back of the head with a title, and I feel like I got a concussion. And my dad the next day was like, “you know I was really worried about you cause you kept calling him Bryan Danielson.” And I’m like, well that was his name, that’s how we know him, I call him that. The WWE likes to change things up, don’t they?"

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Randy Orton interview Empty Re: Randy Orton interview

Post by MIG Thu 06 Jun 2013, 12:12 pm

He's right about not being the stick guy.
He can barely string one sentence together.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down