The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daveed Ferrer gonna win the slam without losing a set

+17
summerblues
JubbaIsle
laverfan
Silver
JuliusHMarx
break_in_the_fifth
Haddie-nuff
FedsFan
CAS
socal1976
_homogenised_
banbrotam
Jahu
The Special Juan
Josiah Maiestas
kingraf
invisiblecoolers
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Daveed Ferrer gonna win the slam without losing a set - Page 2 Empty Daveed Ferrer gonna win the slam without losing a set

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 7 Jun 2013 - 19:25

First topic message reminder :

Daveed Ferrer gonna win the slam without losing a set , come on I have right to dream Very Happy

Well done Little Fella, now go all guns blazing and give it a maximum try, all stars are aligned for your win, hard work gets paid some day, lets hope Its your come sunday. Prove all the doubters wrong that you belong to the Big 5 league. Very Happy

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Daveed Ferrer gonna win the slam without losing a set - Page 2 Empty Re: Daveed Ferrer gonna win the slam without losing a set

Post by lydian Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 21:15

It's going to be the best and only chance Ferrer will ever get. David will know that. Tiredness is his only hope. The last two matches they played both lasted around 2hr 40m for 3 sets...that would be pushing 3hr 30m for 4 sets and Rafa may feel it by then...but then so will Ferrer. Ferrer has to win in straights as I think Nadal's reserves and resolve are far deeper than Ferrer's. he has to make Rafa move as much as possible in the first 2 sets, if Rafa wins the first set relatively easily he's toast.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Daveed Ferrer gonna win the slam without losing a set - Page 2 Empty Re: Daveed Ferrer gonna win the slam without losing a set

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 21:32

I know that Ferrer can do it... but on the other hand I know that Rafa wont let him Erm

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 21:35

Realistically speaking Ferrer has a better shot than I'm saying. My only worry (for him, not as a Nadal fan) is how predictable/limited he is. His DTL backhand has improved, but in a final, especially a first one, old patterns triumph. Nadal forehand to Ferrer backhand is only ending one way. Ferrer needs to get aggressive, hit big, Its not his game, but his forehand is certainly big enough to at least startle Nadal. As a Nadal, I wouldnt be sad/dissapointed if Nadal lost to Ferrer. Shocked, yes. But Ferru deserves some sort of reward for his efforts. He cant end up on one Masters and a Slam final. Thats an equal record in the Higher echeleons to Tsonga or Berdych!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 21:38

On one site Rafa is 1/8 on favourite, Daveed 6/1
Says it all really.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 21:41

They have played 23 times but never gone 5 sets. Their only 4 set match was at USO07. People will say ok but Ferrer's a different player since 2012. True. But look at the last set score of their last 5 matches across 2013 & 2012 from Rome backwards...6-2, 6-0, 6-2, 6-1, 6-0. This speaks to mental folding after the 2 hr mark or so. The only match Ferrer won vs Rafa since 2007 was where Nadal was so clearly hampered by bad knee and hamstring trouble but didn't want to retire out of respect to his friend.

They have played twice at Roland Garros before...and David won 12 games in total. It's a brave man to say Ferrer has even a 40% chance but you never know Haddie. However, I know who you want to win Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 22:02

Yes you know me too well Lydian. Of course Im supporting Rafa as always but if Rafa had to lose then he couldn´t lose to a more worthy opponent... I just so "love" the Little Man.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 22:52

invisiblecoolers wrote:
FedsFan wrote:In yours and Ferrer's dreams!

Sorry to pour cold water on yours hopes but it is never going to happen. If Ferrer makes it competitive even slightly that is a bonus.

Expect Ferrer to be broken in the first game and Nadal to sprint to the end in an hour and 45 minutes!

Feds Fan, never take life seriously and for sure never take dreams seriously, everybody dream a lot but they never come true most times, but dreaming is so fun. Hug

I neither tend to lose something if Ferrer lose nor tend to gain something if he wins, but now since he made finals everything is win win for the little fella and I am happy for it. thumbsup

Very true thumbsup

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 22:55

I am genuinely pleased for Mr Ferrer...he was given a great opportunity this year and seized it.
But I don't want him to win.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:33

lydian wrote:I am genuinely pleased for Mr Ferrer...he was given a great opportunity this year and seized it.
But I don't want him to win.

But I do... Laugh.

IMVHO, This may also be Nadal's last chance at RG to win, before others solve the GCOAT.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:38

Hey, what's funny about stating a personal choice? Sometimes the use of smileys bewilders me.

Nadal will be 28 next year with huge clay miles under his belt, he can't win forever. I don't believe the new breed are better than him, but he can't sustain slam winning form year on year...if he wins tomorrow he'll have won a slam for 9 consecutive years which puts him into unique tennis history.

Last edited by lydian on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:40; edited 1 time in total
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:40

Ferrer is a tough opponent, take nothing for granted.

With Nadal tired, he has a chance.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:41

To coin your earlier phrase, that's already been said.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:43

Yes, I largely agreed with your analysis too earlier thumbsup

How do you see the percentages going?
I think it's 60-40 to Nadal.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:49

lydian wrote:Hey, what's funny about stating a personal choice? Sometimes the use of smileys bewilders me.

'I Do...till Death do us apart...' is typically used at an Altar, hence my laugh. Wink

lydian wrote:Nadal will be 28 next year with huge clay miles under his belt, he can't win forever. I don't believe the new breed are better than him, but he can't sustain slam winning form year on year...if he wins tomorrow he'll have won a slam for 9 consecutive years which puts him into unique tennis history.

He is already part of unique Tennis history with his achievements, as of today. This will be the icing on the cake for his career. If Ferrer wins, that would be unique history, because neither will Ferrer get another chance at a slam, and a clay one at that.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 0:01

Altar? You calling us fanboys LF (ie. kneeling at the altar of...) Wink

40/60 is too high for Ferrer on probability IMO. Maybe 20%...but really who knows...poor form on the day could make a mockery of pre-match expectations. Lets just say it would be a surprise for Ferrer to win...everyone knows that. We'll have to just wait for the match now, may the best man win.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 0:13

I'd say Ferrer's got a decent chance to upset Nadal.

So far at the 2013 French Open, Nadal's dropped 4 sets. Albeit 2 sets where dropped against Djokovic.

In his previous 8 visits, he's never dropped more than 3 sets in any tournament. That includes the 2009 loss to Soderling(they where the only 3 sets Nadal dropped)

I'd say 55/45 to Nadal.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 0:21

95/5 to nadal.
Ferrer won their first meeting when nadal was 17 in stuttgart in 3 sets.

I would be very surprised if he gets more than 10 games.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 1:12

We have all been complaining that we are not getting any fresh blood in the later stages of the slams - so we should all be happy that finally after almost three years (Berdych W10) we have a first time slam finalist. Yey!

5-10% chance to Ferrer, and I wonder if that is too bold.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 1:19

summerblues wrote:We have all been complaining that we are not getting any fresh blood in the later stages of the slams - so we should all be happy that finally after almost three years (Berdych W10) we have a first time slam finalist. Yey!
I'm really excited for that too Smile

But in the same time I'm really nervous, especially as Rafa has said he's not favourite:
www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/06/23/Roland-Garros-Saturday2-Nadal-Preview.aspx

Fingers Crossed

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 1:19

[quote="lydian"]

lydian wrote:Nadal will be 28 next year with huge clay miles under his belt, he can't win forever. I don't believe the new breed are better than him, but he can't sustain slam winning form year on year...if he wins tomorrow he'll have won a slam for 9 consecutive years which puts him into unique tennis history.

I hope Ferrer wins just to stop this record laughing

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 7:05

As just posted on the match thread Ferrer's chances have shot up...40% chance of raining ALL day, so damp conditions, on-off tennis.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2