The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers.

+21
sittingringside
All Time Great
John Bloody Wayne
EdWoodjr
PPVxHOTTY
mobilemaster8
owen10ozzy
tunes666
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
kingraf
rob-glos
ONETWOFOREVER
Mr Bounce
seanmichaels
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Colan (niner)
davidemore
Strongback
Union Cane
hampo17
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers. - Page 3 Empty Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers.

Post by hampo17 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 19:39

First topic message reminder :

All the action for tonight goes here.

Funny to hear John Rawling having a go at the technical guys on boxnation because he is getting feedback.

Last edited by hampo171 on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 19:58; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers.

Post by hampo17 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:15

tunes666 wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Like Paul Smith? The tomato can that took Degale 9 rounds but lasted 2 with Groves?

Degale fought Paul Smith in his own back yard, that is also a good comparison as Degale went through the fight as if he was having fun all the way through, winning every round. Groves did indeed stop Paul Smith although he was also wobbled by him in Rnd 1. also according to Smith he done his hand in in the first round so went gung ho in the second round.. weather there is any truth in that or not I don't know..

Also Mayweather took 10 rounds to stop Hatton, but Pac Mac done it in 2... does this mean Pac Man is a better fighter than Mayweather?

Paul Smith wasn't going gung ho when he got caught against Groves though was he. He got caught be a peach of a right hand.

I also haven't said that Groves is a better fighter. I was pointing out that it was mentioned Degale would beat Groves with ease, while Degale has gone backwards Groves has improved so I can't see how this conclusion has been reached.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers.

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:15

Styles make fights

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:18

rob-glos wrote:I'm surprised people are picking DeGale over Groves.

Groves was class in his last fight, upper body movement, clean hitting, classy combos and genuine power. Against a far better fighter than DeGale was against tonight.

To be fair while Degale is not exactly fighting world class opposition at least his opponents have experience at fighting world level fighters or are champs in their own country.

Apart from Glen Johnson Groves has fought no body. and Glen Johnson was 42 and completely shot and there for his pension, and was still not stopped.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:20

owen10ozzy wrote:Honestly PPV...I cannot stand the guy! There are very few boxers who I would approach and give a piece of my mind! Him I would...even if he knocked me out it would be worth it as you just know he is the type of person to go home and get worked up about it!! The guy is an utter prat...Harrison was delusional but at least he wasn't crass..this guy just doesn't know when to stop. I actually hope Froch gives him the fight..he would walk him down eventually and splatter him all over the ring!

You'll be surprised. I met him at the Chisora vs Haye fight. Usually most people in the public eye wouldn't give you a second of their time- however, he was happy to speak to fans and give pictures. Actually seemed like a top bloke.

Agreed, you can tell he's frustrated his career hasn't gone the direction he anticipated it would after winning the gold medal. But he's still a ranked fighter (top 5 by most organisations) and even though he's not the hardest banger his variety of punches could give any fighter a problem. Too soon to tell if he's got what it takes to become a world champ. But certainly, he'll be in the mix and is probably only 2/3 fights away from a world title shot.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:26

Smith didn't hurt Groves. He hit him with a shot, nothing more.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:27

hampo171 wrote:

Paul Smith wasn't going gung ho when he got caught against Groves though was he. He got caught be a peach of a right hand.

I also haven't said that Groves is a better fighter. I was pointing out that it was mentioned Degale would beat Groves with ease, while Degale has gone backwards Groves has improved so I can't see how this conclusion has been reached.

I was paraphrasing what he said, his point was that he was concerned about his hand so was looking for a knock out to try and end the fight... he was caught while swinging..

I'm not sure how Degale has gone backwards. His level of opponent while not world level has increased and just because he did not knock this guy out in 2 rounds it does not take away the fact that he had him hurt all the way through the fight, won every round and had him throw the towel in.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:28

Maybe you should re watch then lumberjack. He was clearly stunned and fell to the ropes and as smith went for the finish or onslaught, the bell rang.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:32

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Smith didn't hurt Groves. He hit him with a shot, nothing more.
Oh he was hurt allright, if the bell had not gone he would have needed to cover up.

Look from 5:45 and you will see...

Spoiler:

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:35

Not sure he's actually hurt there Tunes. Watch the fight against Anderson when he got hurt he threw back and got dropped, there he covers up and his legs are fine.

I'm not judging Degale going backwards on this fight by the way. I don't think he's shown any signs of improvement since the Groves fight. He still gets caught by silly punches, and still tries to fight off the ropes. Even when Woodhall tried to explain it tonight he got in a mood and started mouthing off.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:47

hampo171 wrote:Not sure he's actually hurt there Tunes. Watch the fight against Anderson when he got hurt he threw back and got dropped, there he covers up and his legs are fine.

I'm not judging Degale going backwards on this fight by the way. I don't think he's shown any signs of improvement since the Groves fight. He still gets caught by silly punches, and still tries to fight off the ropes. Even when Woodhall tried to explain it tonight he got in a mood and started mouthing off.

Not hurt?, he was hit and you see his legs stiffen up, he falls back to the ropes lets another punch slip through his guard and then holds his hands up to cover up just as he is saved by the bell. How that is not getting hurt I don't know. He was not dead on his feet but he was hurt. In the Anderson fight he was hit earlier in the round so was not saved by the bell. and neither particularly hard hitters.

I would agree Degale gets caught by silly punches and punches you would think he really could avoid. My feeling is the performance was really not that bad though, its just you would like to see his face a bit less bruised in the after fight interview. It is worth noting though that his chin seems to be pretty solid which is never a bad thing.

Last edited by tunes666 on Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:50; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:50

hampo171 wrote: Even when Woodhall tried to explain it tonight he got in a mood and started mouthing off.

This is probably part of the problem. Constructive criticism could stand him in good stead if he had the intelligence to digest it.

You can lead a horse to water...

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:52

FreekShow wrote:
hampo171 wrote: Even when Woodhall tried to explain it tonight he got in a mood and started mouthing off.

This is probably part of the problem. Constructive criticism could stand him in good stead if he had the intelligence to digest it.

I would agree with that, Im not sure he likes to listen.. I still have my doubts about his trainer who for me seems to much of a yes man, when have you ever heard him criticise Degale in anyway?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Jun 2013 - 23:55

tunes666 wrote:
FreekShow wrote:

I would agree with that, Im not sure he likes to listen.. I still have my doubts about his trainer who for me seems to much of a yes man, when have you ever heard him criticise Degale in anyway?

Which is a shame because I'm sure a tweak here and there and the ability the listen more than he talks may well help him onto better things.

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 2:14

I think Degale would do a lot better with an American trainer.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 4:37

OMG!!!

Adonis Stevenson lived up to his Superman nickname by savagely KOing Bad Chad Dawson inside 76secs!!!

Stevenson might just have retired Dawson.

Bellew will get the same treatment.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 5:10

Didn't expect that, but I guess one punch is all it takes

Angulo-Lara was weird, Angulo dropped him twice and had him in all sorts in a. Great on test but both seemed to quit after he took a shot to a hugely swollen eye

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 5:48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq5T_339R2M

Stevenson sparking Dawson.

Maidana V Lopez was a great action fight, Maidana ended up getting to Lopez in the sixth knocking him down once and then hammering on the ropes after being rocked about himself in the fourth.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 7:57

O M G

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 9:29

Wow! I fell asleep around 2am, dissapointed I didn't get to see that live.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 9:57

That was a surprise.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 9:57

Maidana won in a shoot out. Not sure why the commentator thought the referee stepped in too soon, Lopez was being bounced around like a rag doll.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 10:29

Stevenson is a good old fashioned banger... One trick pony but its not a vad trick. Seemed to catch him on the temple.

For chad, well it's going from bad to worse Run

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 9 Jun 2013 - 10:32

Dawson really came out on the front foot which isn't like him. Being so aggressive left him open....it was some shot.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3