The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers.

+21
sittingringside
All Time Great
John Bloody Wayne
EdWoodjr
PPVxHOTTY
mobilemaster8
owen10ozzy
tunes666
Lumbering_Jack
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
kingraf
rob-glos
ONETWOFOREVER
Mr Bounce
seanmichaels
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Colan (niner)
davidemore
Strongback
Union Cane
hampo17
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers. - Page 2 Empty Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers.

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 19:39

First topic message reminder :

All the action for tonight goes here.

Funny to hear John Rawling having a go at the technical guys on boxnation because he is getting feedback.

Last edited by hampo171 on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 19:58; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers.

Post by davidemore Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:39

Degale is just trying to self promote because Mick is doing a terrible job. He has no dates. Degale moved to fight three, four times a year in competitive fights, not bums and hags in nowhere land.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tonights Action. FIGHT THREAD. There will be spoilers.

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:39

FreekShow wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Degale thinks he's ahead of Groves because he's WBC Silver Champ? That belt is worth the same as my student card is....absolutely sod all.

I bet that tinny silver belt don't get him a cheaper pint. 1-0 Hampo!

That's very true.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:40

Huck and Afolabi are both shattered, they are throwing bombs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:44

Gavin Rees on twitter

"I've never met Degale.....but he seem's like a *****" Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:45

FreekShow wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Degale a class act but pitta patta punches won't hurt Froch

Doesn't work hard enough for pitta patta

I've seen more snap in a bowl of Rice Krispies.

I guess that's why the other guy threw the towel in, Degale gave him to much rise crispiest..

Im not sure what the big deal is Degale completely out boxed him every round and then he pulled out. The only issue I had is he seems to think its ok to take silly shots and opens him self up too much, that being said he seems to be able to take a shot ok.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:45

I love how Eubank Jr is always being "matched tough" as soon as he is seen to be struggling!!! Hes just not that good.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:46

He is delusional!! It's like watching Audley Harrison all over again. I have never ever seen what the big deal is with DeGale. Vastly overrated. He is ok hand speed..nothing approaching the level some would have you believe. Slaps a lot with the left hook. His ring smarts are awful. If your the supposed slickster he is supposed to be then he wouldn't position himself on the ropes as often as he does. He has a decent enough arsenal of punches but again...it's nothing special.

I said Groves would beat him first time round...if hedge my bets on him doing it again in a rematch! He has come on leaps and bounds since their first fight and for me just has an all around better ability, he can box..he can punch..he can stand in the pocket.

As for Froch...if Degale honestly believes he belongs in the ring with him then he needs his head testing. Harrison and Khan get slaughtered on this board for fighting Haye/calling out Mayweather respectively...what the heck has Degale done to even deserve to have his name mentioned along side Carl?!

The man is an intolerable fool!! Fighting in Bluewater...an Olympic Gold Medallist who claimed he would be ruling the world withing 12 months pre Groves match. Anyone who thought he had dropped the stupidity and name calling after being humbled by Groves needs to watch that. Idiot!!

Hampo- For the sake of my health never get the guy on the podcast...my head would explode listening to him. Though would be good for listeners.. I wouldn't hesitate in telling him exactly what I think of him!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:47

Anyone watching huck fight? Any good?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:48

Get him on podcast lol

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:50

owen10ozzy wrote:Hampo- For the sake of my health never get the guy on the podcast...my head would explode listening to him. Though would be good for listeners.. I wouldn't hesitate in telling him exactly what I think of him!

If we get him on and at some point we hear a pop then at least I'll know what happened.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:50

De gale beats eubank and groves with ease. One more year and he becomes chamo.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:51

Not as good as the second, both looked like slightly weary versions of themselves, but still very good and Huck has probably done enough

Huck has had too many hard fights in his career especially his last few

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:51

mobilemaster8 wrote:De gale beats eubank and groves with ease. One more year and he becomes chamo.

Beats Groves?

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:51

Beats Groves? With ease? Groves has only got better since their fight while Degale has gone backwards.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:51

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but Tyson Fury deserves a little stick for his tie and suit combo. Looked like a cross between Boyce from Only fools and horses and a dodgy used car salesman.

Country bumkin lol

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:52

Wow 117-111? That's a stupid card

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:53

mobilemaster8 wrote:Anyone watching huck fight? Any good?

Not really

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:53

Honestly PPV...I cannot stand the guy! There are very few boxers who I would approach and give a piece of my mind! Him I would...even if he knocked me out it would be worth it as you just know he is the type of person to go home and get worked up about it!! The guy is an utter prat...Harrison was delusional but at least he wasn't crass..this guy just doesn't know when to stop. I actually hope Froch gives him the fight..he would walk him down eventually and splatter him all over the ring!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:54

What has groves done since de gale? At least de gale is very active and looking better in every fight. Cant be said for groves on the other hand.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:56

Anybody else think this commentating is absolute bull on ch5?! Richie Woodhall? What a complete tool.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:56

Lets be honest Degale is a far better boxer then bingo punch Groves.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:56

Degale has had 5 fights since Groves, Groves has had 6 since Degale so not sure how you think he's been more active.

Degale has looked poor in a fair few fights, getting caught with silly shots where as Groves has learnt to box to tactics and follow a game plan perfectly. His right hand has become a very dangerous weapon.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:57

Very active?! He hadn't fought since December..and has just stepped in with 2 bums in 5 weeks...nothing to shout about! If you think Degale has looked better in every fight your either watching the wrong fights or have been watching them after a fair few bevvies!! Still making the exact same mistakes that cost him the Groves fight...only fighting in bursts..staying on the ropes too long!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:57

Yeh. Dangerous against tomato cans.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:58

What has Degale done since Groves?

All Degale does is come thrashing in with his slappy hooks. As Groves demonstrated in the first fight, taking half a step bak stops that. Groves has made more progress since the first.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:58

owen10ozzy wrote:Honestly PPV...I cannot stand the guy! There are very few boxers who I would approach and give a piece of my mind! Him I would...even if he knocked me out it would be worth it as you just know he is the type of person to go home and get worked up about it!! The guy is an utter prat...Harrison was delusional but at least he wasn't crass..this guy just doesn't know when to stop. I actually hope Froch gives him the fight..he would walk him down eventually and splatter him all over the ring!

I saw him on ringside with Groves before their fight, he spoke like he would stop Groves with ease was constantly insulting him 'ugly boy' fair enough its all part of hype, but when you lose it makes you look disillusioned. That South African dude Thomas Oosthuizen would destroy him let alone Froch.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:59

I thought he won the groves fight by two rounds. ...

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 22:59

Like Paul Smith? The tomato can that took Degale 9 rounds but lasted 2 with Groves?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:00

This interview should be funny......

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:00

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA look, Mick Hennessy got his brother in against Hughie Fury!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:00

Your entitled to your opinion mobile but the commentary on ch5 is just as bull as what you mentioned about activity.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:01

hampo171 wrote:Like Paul Smith? The tomato can that took Degale 9 rounds but lasted 2 with Groves?

LIke de lay hoya who took mayweather the distance and was battered by pacquiao?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:01

This is a disgrace!!!! hahaha
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:01

Bloody Hell....

Hughie Fury is fighting Hennessy...

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:01

Channel fives commentary is disgusting. Eubank finished that "brutally" did he? Must be watching a different fight.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:02

mobilemaster8 wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Like Paul Smith? The tomato can that took Degale 9 rounds but lasted 2 with Groves?

LIke de lay hoya who took mayweather the distance and was battered by pacquiao?

The two scenarios aren't comparable are they. Be sensible.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:02

Yeh tru PPV....my mistake and ill take the hit lol

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:02

hampo171 wrote:Beats Groves? With ease? Groves has only got better since their fight while Degale has gone backwards.

Groves hits harder, does not mean he's better.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:02

Tyson Fury will be taking on the opponent that Hughie seen off tonight #BiggerAndBetterThings
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:04

tunes666 wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Beats Groves? With ease? Groves has only got better since their fight while Degale has gone backwards.

Groves hits harder, does not mean he's better.

I agree, but Degale has gone backwards considerably since the Groves fight in my opinion. Whether that's because of inactivity or just the dent his self belief took I don't know, but someone who can box on the back foot will give him nightmares.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:04

That suit man hahahaha lol

Tyson Fury I think Im warming to him.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:06

Other thank for court appearances, is this he only other time you would see a traveller in a suit.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:06

Cute to see Fury moving Hughie's mike up so he could be heard. Aw

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:07

De Gale could give Groves or most boxers problems if he lifted his hands up and used his strengths consistently for 12 rounds, its all good show boating against Canadian and Croatian taxi drivers but his ego is at stake that is why he will never beat a top level fighter.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:07

Hahahahahahahahahahahah pure comedy gold! Tyson is a complete idiot. I dont think I have seen a thicker person in my life.

Im knocking out Haye Klitshcko Klitshko

2 million percent

This guy is phenomenally big at all things on the beach.

WHat the Frak are you on Tyson?!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:08

David Haye next then!! ...usually don't listen to the garbage he spouts when talking about next opponent..however the rumours doing the rounds are picking up considerably and a September date is being mooted..fingers crossed!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:09

LOL

A couple of jokers haha

Hughie thinks he will beat Tyson's record as the youngest heavyweight champion, channel 5 man says he would have to get a title shot by xmas next year, Hughie says .....yes!

Ahhhhahahahahaha

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:09

I'm surprised people are picking DeGale over Groves.

Groves was class in his last fight, upper body movement, clean hitting, classy combos and genuine power. Against a far better fighter than DeGale was against tonight.

DeGale still can't punch and his slappy hooks are shocking at this stage of his career.

If he stood around on the ropes against the current version of Groves I think it would be over inside 8.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:12

Degale fought Paul Smith in his own back yard, that is also a good comparison as Degale went through the fight as if he was having fun all the way through, winning every round. Groves did indeed stop Paul Smith although he was also wobbled by him in Rnd 1. also according to Smith he done his hand in in the first round so went gung ho in the second round.. weather there is any truth in that or not I don't know..

Also Mayweather took 10 rounds to stop Hatton, but Pac Mac done it in 2... does this mean Pac Man is a better fighter than Mayweather?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sat 08 Jun 2013, 23:14

I may be beating around bush here but I just feel Furys size advantage against Haye may be crucial. Headscratch

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next