The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

County Championship Round 10 Discussion Thread

+10
guildfordbat
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
LondonTiger
Corporalhumblebucket
liverbnz
LOVERBOY
jimbohammers
chrisss
Shelsey93
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

County Championship Round 10 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty County Championship Round 10 Discussion Thread

Post by Shelsey93 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 11:20 am

First topic message reminder :

As we approach the half-way point of the season a busy round of Championship games is underway.

Division 1

Middlesex v Yorkshire (Starts Today)
Durham v Warwickshire (Starts Tomorrow)
Nottinghamshire v Derbyshire (Starts Tomorrow)
Sussex v Surrey (Starts Tomorrow)

Division 2

Leicestershire v Northamptonshire (Starts Today)
Essex v Lancashire (Starts Tomorrow)
Hampshire v Gloucestershire (Starts Tomorrow)
Kent v Glamorgan (Starts Tomorrow)

----

BBC Commentaries - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/13629853

I am at Lord's all week doing updates and reports for Deep Extra Cover. From tomorrow our live blog will be live at www.deepextracover.com

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

County Championship Round 10 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: County Championship Round 10 Discussion Thread

Post by guildfordbat Sat 15 Jun 2013, 4:19 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Read out with score on 394 Crying or Very sad
Read often does damage to Surrey but not usually through getting out!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

County Championship Round 10 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: County Championship Round 10 Discussion Thread

Post by DP Sat 15 Jun 2013, 7:30 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:"That was the same with us, I opened, got out to a bad decision and it all went downhill!"

What was the bad decision?  Offer no shot to a ball on middle stump? Wink

More like hitting two successive fours and thinking I could put the following middle stump yorker length ball into the pavillion...

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Sat 15 Jun 2013, 8:53 pm

Defeat for The Middle may be no bad thing.After this slight setback, they'll no doubt redouble their efforts in the second half of the season and any complacency will be eradicated as they maintain their quest for the crown.

crown.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 16 Jun 2013, 1:10 pm

DP wrote:
Corporalhumblebucket wrote:"That was the same with us, I opened, got out to a bad decision and it all went downhill!"

More like hitting two successive fours and thinking I could put the following middle stump yorker length ball into the pavillion...

Laugh clap Excellent - I was wondering whether it was going to be a classic - batsman saying he was given out LBW to a ball that would have missed the stumps by a couple of feet!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by DP Sun 16 Jun 2013, 1:39 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
DP wrote:

Laugh 👏Excellent - I was wondering whether it was going to be a classic - batsman saying he was given out LBW to a ball that would have missed the stumps by a couple of feet!

I really, really wish I could!! Laugh

DP

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 16 Jun 2013, 1:51 pm

Interesting stat from the Essex v Lancs game.  Essex innings of 20 lasted just 14.2 overs.  There were 6 LBW dismissals, the first of which was at 3.2 overs.  So the umpires gave 6 LBW dismissals in the space of 11 overs. ShockedShocked Wonder whether this was some kind of record.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Mon 17 Jun 2013, 9:24 am

@Corporalhumblebucket - Once they gave the first few I suspect the umpires scented an early finish. Topley at number eleven had no chance. Very Happy

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 9:53 am

I hate Glen Chapple. He did us again in the YB40 yesterday too Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Jun 2013, 4:17 pm

please dont rub it in guys Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2